In or out?

in reality, all of this has been a total load of old bollocks

Should the UK remain in the European Union?

Yes we should stay in
86%
No we should leave
8%
Abstain
6%

Total votes: 66

Goat Boy
Bogarting the joint

Re: In or out?

Postby Goat Boy » 24 Jan 2017, 14:43

It's not as if parliament is going to shoot it down. Brexit is happening but as a parliamentary democracy procedure has to be followed
Griff wrote:The notion that Jeremy Corbyn, a lifelong vocal proponent of antisemitism, would stand in front of an antisemitic mural and commend it is utterly preposterous.

Copehead wrote:a right wing cretin like Berger....bleating about racism

The Prof
Trading coffee in Abyssinia

Postby The Prof » 26 Jan 2017, 12:49

Clive Lewis 'threatens rebellion' after Corbyn imposes 3-line whip on article 50 bill

"Jeremy Corbyn will impose a three-line whip on MPs to vote in favour of triggering Article 50 when the bill comes before parliament next week, after a tense shadow cabinet meeting, the Guardian understands.

Shadow cabinet ministers are understood to have opposed the move, with others argue for a free vote on the issue given the difference of opinion in the party. Senior figures warned there may be resignations from the front bench.

One source suggested that shadow business secretary Clive Lewis said he would vote against the bill, and could even campaign against it. It is not clear if he would be able to remain a member of the shadow cabinet, and the Guardian has not managed to contact Lewis since the meeting
"

It never rains but........

I like Clive Lewis and I thought the 3 line whip thing had been debunked as not the truth.

More resignations? Great!

Samoan

Postby Samoan » 26 Jan 2017, 13:07

Corbyn lives in his own bubble. Nothing surprises me anymore.

Corbyn gaffe over injured police officer

25 January 2017 Last updated at 18:35 GMT

Labour leader Jeremy Corbyn has apologised after he told the House of Commons a police officer injured in a Belfast shooting on Sunday had died.

The officer is in a stable condition in hospital after the attack by a dissident republican group known as the 'new IRA'.

During Prime Minister's Questions on Wednesday, the Labour leader passed on the sympathies of "the whole House" for the "police officer who lost his life".

North Belfast MP Nigel Dodds later described Mr Corbyn's gaffe as "one of the worst displays of crass ignorance that could be imagined".

It is understood Mr Corbyn has written a letter to the Chief Constable of the Police Service of Northern Ireland to apologise for his error.

A spokesman for the Labour leader said: "He meant to say 'nearly died'", adding that Mr Corbyn "had not intended to cause offence".
Nonsense to the aggressiveness, I've seen more aggression on the my little pony message board......I mean I was told.

The Prof
Trading coffee in Abyssinia

Postby The Prof » 26 Jan 2017, 15:35

Deviation!

The topic is about Brexit.

Geezee

Postby Geezee » 26 Jan 2017, 17:07

Samoan wrote:
A spokesman for the Labour leader said: "He meant to say 'nearly died'", adding that Mr Corbyn "had not intended to cause offence".[/i]

Why would you offer sympathies to someone who nearly died? "I'm so sorry you are still alive" :?
Smilies are ON
Flash is OFF
Url is ON

Spock!

Postby Spock! » 26 Jan 2017, 20:42

Samoan wrote:
North Belfast MP Nigel Dodds later described Mr Corbyn's gaffe as "one of the worst displays of crass ignorance that could be imagined".

If that's one of the worst displays of crass ignorance he's got no imagination, knowledge of real life (work in a shop or library to gain real experience of crass ignorance) or indeed heard the news.

Rayge

Postby Rayge » 26 Jan 2017, 21:52

Geezee wrote:
Samoan wrote:
A spokesman for the Labour leader said: "He meant to say 'nearly died'", adding that Mr Corbyn "had not intended to cause offence".[/i]

Why would you offer sympathies to someone who nearly died? "I'm so sorry you are still alive" :?

An apology isn't the same as sympathy. It means you feel for somebody. Why not have sympathy for someone who was violently assaulted and almost killed doing his public duty? And why would you offer sympathy to someone who was dead? Under those circumstances you offer it family and loved ones.
In timeless moments we live forever

You can't play a tune on an absolute

Negative Capability...when a man is capable of being in uncertainties, Mysteries, doubts, without any irritable reaching after fact & reason”

copehead
BCB Cup Stalinist

Postby copehead » 27 Jan 2017, 00:28

He hasn't got much imagination then, I suppose he is a religious bigot and right wing extremist, that can't help.

Sending condolences to the family you wrongly heard had died, terrible stuff.

Fake news I suppose so much easier to play the man rather than the ball.

Having said that he is wrong to whip the article 50 vote, that should be left to individual MPs, many represent constituencies that voted firmly to remain.

I'd ignore him and vote with my constituents and that would undermine his tenuous authority in the PLP, they often seem to do what they think is ideologically right rather than what is politically expedient.
Moorcock, Moorcock, Michael Moorcock, you fervently moan.

Bear baiting & dog fights a speciality.

copehead
BCB Cup Stalinist

Postby copehead » 27 Jan 2017, 07:15

Possibly cartoon of the millennium from Steve Bell after this Gilray:

Last edited by copehead on 27 Jan 2017, 07:33, edited 1 time in total.
Moorcock, Moorcock, Michael Moorcock, you fervently moan.

Bear baiting & dog fights a speciality.

Postby ... » 27 Jan 2017, 07:21

Copehead wrote:Possibly cartoon of the millenia from Steve Bell after this Gilray:

I love the way SB has perfectly captured Britain's role in the last 70-odd years of the "Special Relationship" by subtly changing TM's position from that of the woman in Gilray's original

Samoan

Postby Samoan » 27 Jan 2017, 07:32

Copehead wrote:

He hasn't got much imagination then, I suppose he is a religious bigot and right wing extremist, that can't help.

Sending condolences to the family you wrongly heard had died, terrible stuff.

Fake news I suppose so much easier to play the man rather than the ball.

Having said that he is wrong to whip the article 50 vote, that should be left to individual MPs, many represent constituencies that voted firmly to remain.

I'd ignore him and vote with my constituents and that would undermine his tenuous authority in the PLP, they often seem to do what they think is ideologically right rather than what is politically expedient.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2017/jan/25/jeremy-corbyn-criticised-for-northern-ireland-dead-police-officer-gaffe-pmqs

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-38738481
Nonsense to the aggressiveness, I've seen more aggression on the my little pony message board......I mean I was told.

Geezee

Postby Geezee » 27 Jan 2017, 08:00

Rayge wrote:
Geezee wrote:
Samoan wrote:

An apology isn't the same as sympathy. It means you feel for somebody. Why not have sympathy for someone who was violently assaulted and almost killed doing his public duty? And why would you offer sympathy to someone who was dead? Under those circumstances you offer it family and loved ones.

It was a joke - but I would also say 90% of the time when a politician is expressing their sympathies it is when people have died. If it is about people who are injured, the standard phrasing is "my thoughts (or prayers - likely not relevant in this case) are with them".
Smilies are ON
Flash is OFF
Url is ON

Rayge

Postby Rayge » 27 Jan 2017, 09:41

Geezee wrote:It was a joke

Sorry :oops:

Negative Capability...when a man is capable of being in uncertainties, Mysteries, doubts, without any irritable reaching after fact & reason”

Deebank
Resonator

Postby Deebank » 27 Jan 2017, 15:28

He is apparently France's version of Tony Blair, but he does have a point:

“Britain lived in an equilibrium with Europe,” Emmanuel Macron told France Culture radio. “But now it is becoming a vassal state, meaning it is becoming the junior partner of the United States.”
I've been talking about writing a book - 25 years of TEFL - for a few years now. I've got it in me.

Paid anghofio fod dy galon yn y chwyldro

yomptepi
BCB thumbscrew of Justice

Postby yomptepi » 27 Jan 2017, 16:35

Deebank wrote:He is apparently France's version of Tony Blair, but he does have a point:

“Britain lived in an equilibrium with Europe,” Emmanuel Macron told France Culture radio. “But now it is becoming a vassal state, meaning it is becoming the junior partner of the United States.”

A little early on for that kind of shit isn't it?

Why should we behave in an adult manner , if the europeans are going to be such petulant children.

Absolutely pathetic.
You don't like me...do you?

Deebank
Resonator

Postby Deebank » 27 Jan 2017, 17:59

yomptepi wrote:
Deebank wrote:He is apparently France's version of Tony Blair, but he does have a point:

A little early on for that kind of shit isn't it?

Why should we behave in an adult manner , if the europeans are going to be such petulant children.

Absolutely pathetic.

I think he has a point. Your Mrs May is bending over and dropping her Y-fronts even as we speak!
I mean Jesus fucking Christ... "Opposites attract"
I feel physically sick.
I've been talking about writing a book - 25 years of TEFL - for a few years now. I've got it in me.

Paid anghofio fod dy galon yn y chwyldro

Moleskin
Location: We began to notice that we could be free, And we moved together to the West.

Postby Moleskin » 28 Jan 2017, 13:20

He has more than a point - in fact he has the tense wrong. Britain is not 'becoming', Britain has been little more than a vassal state since at least Mr Eden's premiership. Every UK PM genuflects toward the American president. Mrs May is just the latest in a long line of PMs who will 'be with you whatever'.
@hewsim
-the artist formerly known as comrade moleskin-
-the unforgettable waldo jeffers-

Jug Band Music
my own music

Rayge

Postby Rayge » 28 Jan 2017, 13:28

Moleskin wrote:He has more than a point - in fact he has the tense wrong. Britain is not 'becoming', Britain has been little more than a vassal state since at least Mr Eden's premiership. Every UK PM genuflects toward the American president. Mrs May is just the latest in a long line of PMs who will 'be with you whatever'.

While I accept the general point, and push it back to the imposition of the Marshall Plan, tbf, Wilson, and indeed Heath, did not allow us to get drawn into the Vitenam War.

Penk!
Midnight to Six Man

Postby Penk! » 28 Jan 2017, 19:07

May has had a hell of a week. First Trump and now Erdogan. Jumping into bed with two human rights abusers in the space of a few days. Britain really is becoming "great" again!
fange wrote:One of the things i really dislike in this life is people raising their voices in German.

Diamond Dog
"Self Quoter" Extraordinaire.

Postby Diamond Dog » 29 Jan 2017, 17:36

And then this today :

http://wordiki.net/slide/14581683556451290739.jpg

Considering she herself was only talking to him two days ago............
Nicotine, valium, vicadin, marijuana, ecstasy, and alcohol -
Cocaine

Return to “Nextdoorland”