Weird dreams

in reality, all of this has been a total load of old bollocks
Jimbo
Dribbling idiot airhead

Re: Weird dreams

Postby Jimbo » 30 Apr 2016, 03:58

I have been talking in my sleep a lot lately. It's not intellegable talk my wife says, just moans and groans but in my dream I'm saying stuff. Last night I was sitting in the edge of a bed talking to my doctor on the phone (who coincidentally sounded exactly like Dan Carlin in his history podcast which was actually playing in my ear) about some kidney condition when my roommate (some guy) decided to take a shower. But the shower was right next to the bed and half the water was soaking me and the mattress. I said, "Turn off the water!" On the phone doctor Dan said, "What? What?" And so I said again, this time in that anger you get when someone is interrupting an important phone call, "Turn off the water, please!" And then was awoken by my wife who was shaking me and asking, "What? What?"
Question authority.

hippopotamus

Postby hippopotamus » 30 Apr 2016, 12:18

Dreamt I was I was Beyonce. But Destiny's child, style.

What a disappointment waking up.
Diamond Dog wrote:
nev gash wrote:What is point?

Indeed, what is point?

Jimbo
Dribbling idiot airhead

Postby Jimbo » 01 May 2016, 18:50

My wife and i were lost in Miami Beach, not on the beach but in the city of Miami Beach. We were looking for the Performing Arts Center and everyone we met to ask directions was too stoned to answer. Umm. Umm. Somehow we ended up in a movie theater lobby ordering two large popcorns from this snobby counter girl. Suddenly this kid who was the popcorn maker shows us this very small paper cupful of popcorn and I get miffed. Thinking I'm getting ripped off I say to the kid that we asked for large size popcorns. He then says he was just asking us to sample it to see if this batch was too salty. My wife and the kid give me the look like I'm a cheap bastard. Then I ask for two large Cokes and the snobby counter girl hands us two cups that are nearly empty. And it was my wife who reacts this time. She says to me (because, oh no, I wasn't going to say anything) "Skunaai!" (So little!) So I ask the counter girl to fill up the cups. She takes the cups back and suddenly I think the girl looks familiar. I ask her if it isn't her face printed on the bottom of the popcorn box. (I don't know. I pictured an empty popcorn box with a drawing of girl's face at the bottom.) She says no. Are you sure, I ask. She says yes. She says her face is in the bottom of the box of "oysters." (WTF?) Then the popcorn kid turns into one of the actors from the old Star Trek TV show, Chekov, but it isn't Chekov but the actor, like this actor was a part-time worker at the movie theater. He invites us across the street to his house where he will give us the Cokes personally. A beautiful girl opens the door and I peek into his home and there is a beautiful living room with modern tan leather furniture. So we wait outside his door and he comes back with glasses of Coke. Then he and I start jamming with our voices an old Elvis Presley song. I was voicing the guitar break (wa wa waaaa) which I guess I was voicing aloud because my wife poked me awake.
Question authority.

Hugh

Postby Hugh » 04 May 2016, 22:01

Last night I dreamed that I visited Tony Visconti in his bicycle repair shop in Rome. I was surprised to find that I had a bicycle with me. It was painted in Sound And Vision special edition paint, some of which had flaked off and I asked Tony if he could repaint it. He hadn't a fucking clue what I was talking about.

sloopjohnc

Postby sloopjohnc » 04 May 2016, 23:28

Last night, I had a dream where me and my son were going to get my car at a park in Grover Beach to fix it. Grover Beach is near Pismo Beach in Central California. There was some guy looking like he was stealing something from a car near mine and I asked him if the car was his. He got mad and wanted to fight and I asked if what I had said was wrong? Suddenly, 50 guys showed up and the guy said, "You might be able to outrun me, but not 50 of my friends." My son and I ran and they cornered us and sprayed pepper spray in our faces, but it didn't hurt me. I wondered if it had hurt my son, but I woke up.
Don't fake the funk on a nasty dunk!

Jimbo
Dribbling idiot airhead

Postby Jimbo » 03 Jun 2016, 03:46

Last night I dreamed I had taken some acid and I was lying in bed tripping my ass off with the wildest psychedelic hallucinations. In one I looked out the window and the night sky was filled with gigantic circular patches of fire. But I was just too high and starting to think I would never come down nor fall asleep and I needed to get up and get a sleeping pill. But then I couldn't move. I was trapped on my back as the illusions got more and more powerful and panic set in. I finally made a mighty push to get up and thanked God when I woke up in my room.
Question authority.

pcqgod

Postby pcqgod » 07 Jun 2016, 16:25

This morning just before I woke I was having an extremely vivid dream about being in New York City. I was staying in an apartment, apparently owned by friends. The widow of a friend who died recently was having sharp words with one of her children, saying something about how her late husband had been about to give them the greatest present ever right before he died. I wondered what it was but then she gave me a look telling me that I wasn't supposed to be listening to the conversation. I wanted to go out but couldn't find any shoes that matched. Finally, I ended up on a street in a downtown district. There was a bizarre accident in which a car with two passengers, an older man and woman, ended up overturned with another car directly on top of it. I helped the woman out. She had dyed red hair and a halter top, which had gone askew and was revealing one of her nipples. I tried not to stare and she seemed to think that my discomfort was funny. Then I saw a friend arrive by bicycle at a hole-in-the-wall club across the street. I followed her in. She was on stage singing an old standard called "What is Love?" and then announced that she would be singing an answer song about what love is.
Where would rock 'n' roll be without feedback?

sloopjohnc

Postby sloopjohnc » 07 Jun 2016, 19:15

pcqgod wrote:This morning just before I woke I was having an extremely vivid dream about being in New York City. I was staying in an apartment, apparently owned by friends. The widow of a friend who died recently was having sharp words with one of her children, saying something about how her late husband had been about to give them the greatest present ever right before he died. I wondered what it was but then she gave me a look telling me that I wasn't supposed to be listening to the conversation. I wanted to go out but couldn't find any shoes that matched. Finally, I ended up on a street in a downtown district. There was a bizarre accident in which a car with two passengers, an older man and woman, ended up overturned with another car directly on top of it. I helped the woman out. She had dyed red hair and a halter top, which had gone askew and was revealing one of her nipples. I tried not to stare and she seemed to think that my discomfort was funny. Then I saw a friend arrive by bicycle at a hole-in-the-wall club across the street. I followed her in. She was on stage singing an old standard called "What is Love?" and then announced that she would be singing an answer song about what love is.

Sounds like a David Lynch movie.

sloopjohnc

Postby sloopjohnc » 09 Jun 2016, 16:26

The last couple of nights I've had some weird dreams and wanted to put them in this thread. The strange thing about dreams is most are only vivid for a few minutes and I completely forgot what they were about. They were weird though.

harvey k-tel
Long Player

Postby harvey k-tel » 09 Jun 2016, 16:30

Same here.
Tempora mutatur et nos mutamur in illis

Jimbo
Dribbling idiot airhead

Postby Jimbo » 09 Jun 2016, 17:08

I was at an intersection and somehow i screwed up and turned right with a red turn arrow. I immediately pulled into a parking lot where if I got stopped there was a map on the seat and I'd appear to consult it so the cop would give me an out of towner warning. Sure enough a cop pulled up behind me with his lights flashing and and I felt like such a jerk. Not another ticket. The cop came up to my window and that's when I woke up. And the relief I felt that it was just a bad dream and not real was palpable. I really said to myself "Thank God that was a dream."
Question authority.

sloopjohnc

Postby sloopjohnc » 22 Jul 2016, 17:00

I woke up at 4:30 am after this one.

I was living in a cabin/house in a forest on a hill and my downhill neighbor's house caught fire and my house burned down too. Then I was in a house a friend let me stay in and was going to go to a high school reunion. Next thing I know I'm in a stockroom back of a store while some guys are robbing it, I was questioned by the police and the robbers were out to get me at the reunion which was at a hotel overlooking the beach. Some of my friends didn't show up at the reunion which bugged me and I found out one of them didn't come because he was really sick.

After the reunion, my left big toe got inflamed and I found out it was some rare disease where I only had a month to live. It puffed up to four times it size to where the skin looked like it was going to burst and the inflammation was going up my leg. The whole time I was trying to avoid the robbers who thought I was trying to rat them out to the cops. I got a letter saying the insurance company had denied the claim on my house from the fire.

That's when I woke up.

pcqgod

Postby pcqgod » 21 Oct 2016, 16:05

Last night: I was near downtown Austin, Texas, on foot for some reason. I had to cross a railroad track and a guy dressed in what looked like a Halloween Roman soldier costume was coming the other way, awkwardly climbing over some motorized equipment that sat on the tracks. I continued past him and came to a shop called "The Barbarian Store" which was an old converted gas station. In the front where the gas pumps would have been, there were padded shields and accessories appropriate for people play-acting as warriors from ancient times. I went inside and looked around, tried to walk into a back room but was stopped by the shop owner, who was blind. He asked, "where are we?" to a female assistant standing next to him. I retreated and continued on the way. There was a passenger bus stopped and I decided to get on. As it continued, it became clear that it was following a train, which was a government train on some important diplomatic mission to a border town. This was a big story for some reason and a female deejay from a local rock station playing on the bus was chattering about it, and made a station id announcement saying the station was called "The Doobie," which I found strange. I realized that the bus was going to continue following the train and I wouldn't be able to get off.
Where would rock 'n' roll be without feedback?

sloopjohnc

Postby sloopjohnc » 27 Oct 2016, 16:55

Sometimes I have serial dreams where a plot or characters from a previous dream will seep into a subsequent dream.

A couple dreams ago, my ex started having a relationship with another woman named Uma, but the overall plot of the dream I couldn't remember.

In a dream last night, Uma again appeared. We were all in a typical Californian suburban neighborhood. Nothing familiar to me, but I could just sense it was in California. Anyway, we were in the house for some reason, and seemed to be living there or renting it for a short time. My ex was planning an announcement for some reason and old friends started coming in the house, one an old swim team teammate and friend of mine, Peter, who I haven't seen in years and when I saw him I made it a mental point to catch up with him after my ex made her announcement.

We were sitting on the patio at a round table waiting for everyone as people started congregating and Uma sat next to my ex across from me and the kids acting really cuddly with her. Uma was attractive in a sharp-featured way, thinner than my ex, very pretty eyes and short brown hair. Still waiting for my ex to make the announcement, she started getting more and more brazen in front of me and the kids. And my ex was reciprocating. It was then in the dream that I started not trusting Uma's intentions and I didn't like that she was coming on so strong in front of our kids. I want my ex to find someone else, if she wants, but didn't like how Uma was going about it. It made me think in the dream that me saying that I wanted my ex to be in another relationship might just be lip service or was it my real wish. I decided it was my real wish, but was highly suspicious of the way this Uma woman was going about it.

I then also began to wonder what my ex's announcement would be and was hoping it didn't have to do with this Uma woman, but I was afraid it would.

Then I woke up because I had to pee.

KeithPratt
Arsehole all Erect

Postby KeithPratt » 28 Oct 2016, 08:42

Had a weird dream the other night where Jurgen Klopp and I were trying to persuade Peter Hitchens to do an exuberant goal celebration. He was having none of it.

Last night I dreamt I was about £30,000 in debt and woke up in a bit of a cold sweat.

sloopjohnc

Postby sloopjohnc » 01 Nov 2016, 15:35

I haven't played fantasy baseball in years, but last night I had a dream where I'd made my fantasy roster lists, had all my reference books and just as I was about to drive down to the draft, all my stuff was gone. I thought about calling in and drafting by conference call but we were moving and the phone was out.
Last edited by sloopjohnc on 01 Nov 2016, 20:22, edited 1 time in total.

Jimbo
Dribbling idiot airhead

Postby Jimbo » 01 Nov 2016, 19:07

Funny I just came back to the computer after waking from a weird dream. I dreamed I peed in my bed which happened to be a mattress on the floor but I woke up to catch some of the pee in a plastic bucket. I took the bucket to the window to dump it out but as I was dumping I saw I had wet my trousers as well. They were my black work chinos. I dumped them into a washing machine. Then I thought my roommate Bernie Sanders would be coming back so I went to lock the door but I was afraid the click would be heard outside and that locking the door would mean I am hiding something so I slid the door open to see if anyone was lurking in the hall and there was a face right there in the doorway -- and it wasn't Bernie! I came back to the mattress and saw the floor was spattered with pee that didn't get in the bucket so I went to mop it up with the old yellow towel I use for the gym. Then I woke up for real.
Question authority.

Minnie the Minx
funky thigh collector

Postby Minnie the Minx » 03 Nov 2016, 17:12

I had terrifying vivid dreams last night that both Austin and Bradford were demolished by a sustained wave of air raids and bombs.
You come at the Queen, you best not miss.

Dr Markus wrote:
Someone in your line of work usually as their own man cave aka the shed we're they can potter around fixing stuff or something don't they?

Flower wrote:I just did a google search.

sloopjohnc

Postby sloopjohnc » 03 Nov 2016, 17:36

Minnie Cheddars wrote:I had terrifying vivid dreams last night that both Austin and Bradford were demolished by a sustained wave of air raids and bombs.

The Trump effect is permeating everyone's nightmare scenarios.

Minnie the Minx
funky thigh collector

Postby Minnie the Minx » 03 Nov 2016, 17:37

Maybe!
You come at the Queen, you best not miss.

Dr Markus wrote:
Someone in your line of work usually as their own man cave aka the shed we're they can potter around fixing stuff or something don't they?

Flower wrote:I just did a google search.

Return to “Nextdoorland”