BCBowie Project - Please unsticky me...

Do talk back
Moleskin
Location: We began to notice that we could be free, And we moved together to the West.

Re: BCBowie Project - Now Available

Postby Moleskin » 28 Sep 2016, 21:33

Am also liking the individual images for each track.
@hewsim
-the artist formerly known as comrade moleskin-
-the unforgettable waldo jeffers-

Jug Band Music
my own music

Minnie the Minx
funky thigh collector

Postby Minnie the Minx » 28 Sep 2016, 21:48

The birdsong and duck quacking at the end of Memory of a Free Festival might be my favourite musical moment of the year
You come at the Queen, you best not miss.

Dr Markus wrote:
Someone in your line of work usually as their own man cave aka the shed we're they can potter around fixing stuff or something don't they?

Flower wrote:I just did a google search.

Moleskin
Location: We began to notice that we could be free, And we moved together to the West.

Postby Moleskin » 28 Sep 2016, 22:06

Minnie HA HA wrote:The birdsong and duck quacking at the end of Memory of a Free Festival might be my favourite musical moment of the year

Tony extended my original, recorded in the garden with real birdsong as backing - there's also a car parking in there somewhere - but I don't know if the additions are live or not.
@hewsim

Jug Band Music
my own music

Minnie the Minx
funky thigh collector

Postby Minnie the Minx » 28 Sep 2016, 22:10

Its fucking great!

Dr Markus wrote:
Someone in your line of work usually as their own man cave aka the shed we're they can potter around fixing stuff or something don't they?

Moleskin

Postby Moleskin » 28 Sep 2016, 22:13

Minnie HA HA wrote:Its fucking great!

Did you play any guitar on 'Sound & Vision'? And is that a kazoo? It's a fantastic version!
@hewsim

Jug Band Music
my own music

Moleskin

Postby Moleskin » 28 Sep 2016, 22:18

I love every minute of this 'disc'. Although it makes me sad that I haven't got anywhere to record properly anymore (thus the - almost literal - field recording).
@hewsim

Jug Band Music
my own music

Quaco
F R double E

Postby Quaco » 28 Sep 2016, 22:32

Moleskin wrote:

Did you play any guitar on 'Sound & Vision'? And is that a kazoo? It's a fantastic version!

I think it was two kazoos, because one didn't sound full enough. She did an acoustic guitar track, but it seemed to take away the spikiness, so I used it backwards in places for 'dreaminess' instead ...
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Minnie the Minx
funky thigh collector

Postby Minnie the Minx » 28 Sep 2016, 22:41

:D

Dr Markus wrote:

Minnie the Minx
funky thigh collector

Postby Minnie the Minx » 29 Sep 2016, 01:30

Moleskin wrote:

I'll be honest - the whole thing proved very difficult - trying, even. Had I known how difficult Q was to work with prior to this venture, I would have probably chosen a different artist to join me on this important musical adventure. Who? Well, Hepcat wasn't busy, and I know Capt Sword was eager but I was swayed by the tinkling lights of the "LA contingent". Ah, you live and learn - but that's all part of rock and roll.

It started with endless phone calls in the night. Sometimes I picked up, sometimes I didn't. Sometimes, I just let it go to answerphone. I would sit on the toilet in the morning and listen to the deranged messages that he sent in the early hours, rambling, eclectic narratives of his visions for the future of the song, all punctuated by the ice in his malibu and pineapple juice, sometimes ending with a shhhhhhlump that now I realise signaled his final descent into sleep.

His tantrums proved legendary. He tried to throw a hotel through a television window. He stopped shaving, but suggested that I should start. This was all just the tip of a very unsettling iceberg.

Finally, I was worn down. Merciful release came as he added the kazoo. My nights of pacing the floor were over and the last I heard, he was in his swivel chair in the studio, stroking a tame cheetah and labeling jars of his own urine.

Dr Markus wrote:

goldstoned

Postby goldstoned » 30 Sep 2016, 10:11

Minnie HA HA wrote:

I'll be honest - the whole thing proved very difficult - trying, even. Had I known how difficult Q was to work with prior to this venture, I would have probably chosen a different artist to join me on this important musical adventure. Who? Well, Hepcat wasn't busy, and I know Capt Sword was eager but I was swayed by the tinkling lights of the "LA contingent". Ah, you live and learn - but that's all part of rock and roll.

It started with endless phone calls in the night. Sometimes I picked up, sometimes I didn't. Sometimes, I just let it go to answerphone. I would sit on the toilet in the morning and listen to the deranged messages that he sent in the early hours, rambling, eclectic narratives of his visions for the future of the song, all punctuated by the ice in his malibu and pineapple juice, sometimes ending with a shhhhhhlump that now I realise signaled his final descent into sleep.

His tantrums proved legendary. He tried to throw a hotel through a television window. He stopped shaving, but suggested that I should start. This was all just the tip of a very unsettling iceberg.

Finally, I was worn down. Merciful release came as he added the kazoo. My nights of pacing the floor were over and the last I heard, he was in his swivel chair in the studio, stroking a tame cheetah and labeling jars of his own urine.

haha.... brilliant. would you please use all this for the video for your track?

Fonz

Postby Fonz » 30 Sep 2016, 14:37

Minnie HA HA wrote:
Moleskin wrote:

Yeah. I love this. Could be a really cool spoken word intro to your brill track.
Heyyyy!

"Fonz clearly has no fucks to give. I like the cut of his Cupicidal gib."

goldstoned

Postby goldstoned » 30 Sep 2016, 21:05

Moleskin wrote:Am also liking the individual images for each track.

yes. great idea. i will wait for for the disc before i hear the songs as my internet is wont to let me down at the most crucial moments. (can't wait, though)

king feeb
He's the consultant of swing

Postby king feeb » 05 Oct 2016, 00:17

We have downloads!

Let me tell you, the Internet is making it harder to commit acts of Copyright Piracy, even well-intentioned ones like this Bowie tribute! Many of the hosting sites that were active even a year ago are dead now. And the ones that have survived are crappy and difficult to use. I tried several of these and found them either 1)impossibly difficult for the downloader to use or 2)the actual downloads sounded shitty, rife with "download errors" and badly-compressed sound. Damn you DMCA!

But eventually I found a winner. We have some good-sounding downloads on MediaFire. I tested the AIFF, WAV and Mp3 320 versions, and they all sound pretty great.

The disadvantage of MediaFire is that you can only DL one song at a time (unless you're will to pay extra for some "Premium Service" crap). That's kind of a pain in the ass, since you have to select the song and then a second page opens with the download link (and be sure to use the green "Download" button in the upper right hand section of the songbox. The other download button further down the page leads to Internet Chumbox Hell!). Anyway, it doesn't matter what order you select and download these tracks- they will fall into the proper order in iTunes (or whatever competitive scheme you're using) automatically.

So here are the links to various formats. If you're importing Mp3s, I strongly suggest the Mp3 320 version. I listened to it on my Android phone, and they sound awesome.

WAV files
https://www.mediafire.com/folder/r08ohj ... _Away_WAVs
AIFF files
https://www.mediafire.com/folder/dadlgt ... Away_AIFFs
Hi-Quality Mp3 files
https://www.mediafire.com/folder/q6dkgn ... ay_Mp3_320
Mp3 files
https://www.mediafire.com/folder/629lew ... g_Away_Mp3

In addition, we have a temporary download cache at Bandcamp. I don't want to leave it up too long, because Bandcamp is getting very weird about cover versions and tributes as well. I figure that Sunday night/ Monday morning, I'll probably disable the download function, and it will become streaming only after that.

https://bcbmusic3.bandcamp.com/album/i- ... thing-away

Happy downloading! Time for a synch listen?
You'd pay big bucks to know what you really think.

Ghost of Harry Smith

Postby Ghost of Harry Smith » 05 Oct 2016, 20:57

My fave thing about this project is how much it hangs together as a whole album listening experience. Who'd a thunk it?

I also LOVE the song artwork for each track, an inspired bit o'design that.

goldstoned

Postby goldstoned » 11 Oct 2016, 17:09

the sequencing is impeccable. starting with a track that sets the mood for the album, following 'moonage...' and buddha's quote ' this ain't rock'n roll..' with 'diamond dogs', creating a berlin themed triology from 'always crashing...' to 'heroes' and the perfect ending of 'sun machine'...very clever.

goldstoned

Postby goldstoned » 25 Oct 2016, 10:01

Moleskin

Postby Moleskin » 06 Feb 2017, 17:58

A lovely shiny version of this arrived today. Now playing again through a decent set of speakers. :)
@hewsim

Jug Band Music
my own music

Moleskin

Postby Moleskin » 02 Apr 2017, 18:29

Can we unsticky this now?
@hewsim

Jug Band Music
my own music

Return to “Yakety Yak”