Game of Thrones

..and why not?
harvey k-tel
Long Player

Re: Game of Thrones

Postby harvey k-tel » 07 Jun 2016, 14:49

It's a shame the way the Hound lost his carpentry job. I hope he finds another.
Tempora mutatur et nos mutamur in illis

Postby ... » 07 Jun 2016, 17:44

Harvey K-Tel wrote:It's a shame the way the Hound lost his carpentry job. I hope he finds another.

Well he could always start a coffin making business with Ian McShane as his first customer

pcqgod

Postby pcqgod » 14 Jun 2016, 17:02

Where would rock 'n' roll be without feedback?

Belle Lettre
Éminence grise

Postby Belle Lettre » 21 Jun 2016, 09:44

Coming up for air :)
Nikki Gradual wrote:
Get a fucking grip you narcissistic cretins.

KeithPratt
Arsehole all Erect

Postby KeithPratt » 21 Jun 2016, 14:52

I've enjoyed this season, but there haven't been that many OMG moments - any proper game changing ooohhhs like in previous seasons. Last night was great, but you'd have to be pretty sceptical to think that wouldn't be the denouement everyone was expecting.

Postby ... » 21 Jun 2016, 17:19

Toby wrote:I've enjoyed this season, but there haven't been that many OMG moments - any proper game changing ooohhhs like in previous seasons. Last night was great, but you'd have to be pretty sceptical to think that wouldn't be the denouement everyone was expecting.

Having been starved for a week, it was certainly the outcome Ramsey Bolton's hounds were hoping for.

Penk!
Midnight to Six Man

Postby Penk! » 21 Jun 2016, 23:06

Toby wrote:I've enjoyed this season, but there haven't been that many OMG moments - any proper game changing ooohhhs like in previous seasons. Last night was great, but you'd have to be pretty sceptical to think that wouldn't be the denouement everyone was expecting.

Yeah - it was technically good, but pretty anticlimactic. Too heavily telegraphed.

Ramsay was the first real major character to go this season (the second name from the opening titles at least, after his dad). There are a couple of others who I suspect might struggle to get through next week: Jamie, Tommen and the High Sparrow are all possibles.

I wonder what Littlefinger's next move is?
fange wrote:One of the things i really dislike in this life is people raising their voices in German.

pcqgod

Postby pcqgod » 27 Jun 2016, 03:20

Did someone request a game changer?

Postby ... » 28 Jun 2016, 14:03

Did anyone else think that the music in the first (Cersei/Tommen/High Sparrow) section of episode 10 was ramped up way too high?

Belle Lettre
Éminence grise

Postby Belle Lettre » 28 Jun 2016, 15:20

No, not really. I thought it ramped up the feeling of expectation.

And..wow, eh?
Nikki Gradual wrote:
Get a fucking grip you narcissistic cretins.

Postby ... » 29 Jun 2016, 07:47

Sorry, DP. Hope no one who's yet to see E10 saw the stuff that should have been redacted but erroneously just got struck through by mistake.
Last edited by ... on 29 Jun 2016, 08:45, edited 1 time in total.

Postby ... » 29 Jun 2016, 08:42

Belle Lettre wrote:No, not really. I thought it ramped up the feeling of expectation.

And..wow, eh?

yep, a great finale even after the Battle of the Bastards in ep 9. Had to smile (probably not the right word, but you know what I mean) at the way you could still hear the "Shame!" woman's screams in the distance as Tommen committed his rather dignified suicide. All in all, has set things up beautifully for the awesome face off between Cersi and Danerys that is sure to follow in S10. What a shame that there are apparently only 13 more episodes spread across two seasons to go!

Penk!
Midnight to Six Man

Postby Penk! » 29 Jun 2016, 09:49

That was a great final episode. Some serious wows.

Looks like a three-way Lannister-Stark-Targaryen ding-dong for the throne... unless Littlefinger has his say.

The revelation in Bran's flashback was no surprise, I guess. And the close-up of Arya's face after she offed Walder was a bit cheesy and peculiar. Otherwise everything was done really well. Tommen's jump was beautifully directed.
fange wrote:One of the things i really dislike in this life is people raising their voices in German.

Darkness_Fish

Postby Darkness_Fish » 12 Jul 2016, 13:07

I watched the first episode of series 1 last night. Might watch episode 2 tonight. Not convinced at this point that I'll delve further, that's more TV series viewing than I've done for a decade or so.
Like fast-moving clouds casting shadows against a hillside, the melody-loop shuddered with a sense of the sublime, the awful unknowable majesty of the world.

Fonz

Postby Fonz » 13 Jul 2016, 12:45

Darkness_Fish wrote:I watched the first episode of series 1 last night. Might watch episode 2 tonight. Not convinced at this point that I'll delve further, that's more TV series viewing than I've done for a decade or so.

Dude!

I was sceptical at first. Fantasy stuff is not my thing. But there isn't much sorcery/dragons/zombies really. What there is is a glorious clusterfuck of sex and violence with devious plot lines and at least one massive twist every season. Loads of eyecandy for folks of any persuasion.

Stay with it
Heyyyy!

"Fonz clearly has no fucks to give. I like the cut of his Cupicidal gib."

king feeb
He's the consultant of swing

Postby king feeb » 17 Jul 2016, 11:26

fueryhk(redux) wrote:
Harvey K-Tel wrote:It's a shame the way the Hound lost his carpentry job. I hope he finds another.

Well he could always start a coffin making business with Ian McShane as his first customer

Also, I hear KFC is hiring. All the fried chicken the Hound can eat!
You'd pay big bucks to know what you really think.

king feeb
He's the consultant of swing

Postby king feeb » 17 Jul 2016, 11:32

fueryhk(redux) wrote:Did anyone else think that the music in the first (Cersei/Tommen/High Sparrow) section of episode 10 was ramped up way too high?

I thought it was perfect. That it was a great montage set to music proved to be a much-needed change of pace, and gave everything that happened after even more significance.

I thought the last three episodes of this season were masterful. I love the way the pace of the events is speeding up on the show. It's been a fun ride this year, and I can hardly wait for next season!
You'd pay big bucks to know what you really think.

Geezee

Postby Geezee » 19 Jul 2016, 13:57

I don't know if it's the fact that this is the first "post-book" series, or that they just decided to freshen up the writing, but I thought the dialogue in this series was generally speaking a bit weaker - they made the dialogue much more modern, more modern/sarcastic humour, more swearing etc. It jarred with the overall feel of the series I thought, which had an enormous task on its hand to bring everything together - I really struggled to remember who all the characters were this time around, and the first few episodes were quite bewildering. I think they've balanced it all as well as they can - I notice that as soon as a character is beginning to grate on me a bit, like Littlefinger or Tyrion, they reduce that character's role quite a bit (well, they disappear almost entirely for a while), give the viewer a bit of breathing space, which shows I think how carefully they do manage the various character traits on the show.

That final glance between Littlefinger and Sansa is very scary indeed if it is any sign of things to come.
Smilies are ON
Flash is OFF
Url is ON

Dr Markus

Postby Dr Markus » 19 Jul 2016, 15:40

Genuine question, who's writing the stories for this now, the original author or a team of writers? I mean the basic plots. Does the tv show writers have to wait for the author to come up with something so they can adapt it to tv?
Drama Queenie wrote:You are a chauvinist of the quaintest kind. About as threatening as Jack Duckworth, you are a harmless relic of that cherished era when things were 'different'. Now get back to drawing a moustache on that page three model

pcqgod

Postby pcqgod » 19 Jul 2016, 16:35

Dr Markus wrote:Genuine question, who's writing the stories for this now, the original author or a team of writers? I mean the basic plots. Does the tv show writers have to wait for the author to come up with something so they can adapt it to tv?

The writers of the television series revealed several years ago that G.R.R. Martin had revealed to them how the story ends, so the basic plot is still Martin's. Also, it's very likely that Martin is still involved in writing specific episodes, which might explain why his books are so far behind schedule.

Return to “Screenadelica”