Now Watching on TV

..and why not?

Re: Now Watching on TV

Postby ... » 02 Jun 2016, 08:32

JC wrote:

Dafto or what?

So this is where your irrepressible sense of humour comes from Coan, you young scallywag, you!

Can just picture you in your grimy, grey bedsit, hunched over a semen-stained mattress and gingerly dipping the heel of a crust of stale bread into a chipped bowl of lukewarm Heinz Bangers'n'Beanz while you pick up some hints for your next assault on some unsuspecting poster - a default position I currently seem to be reluctantly occupying due to the fact that we both get up quite early.

Anyway, happy viewing!

naughty boy
hounds people off the board

Postby naughty boy » 02 Jun 2016, 09:00

Erm.....thanks!

Yeah - it's a big fave right now (even tho' they're the sort of people I'd run a mile to avoid). The supermarket stuff is almost invariably hilarious.
Matt 'interesting' Wilson wrote:So I went from looking at the "I'm a Man" riff, to showing how the rave up was popular for awhile.

Phil T

Postby Phil T » 02 Jun 2016, 09:35

We recently watched 'Camping' (on Sky). It's hilarious, a long time since I've seen such an assemblage of awful characters together in a tv show.

It stars Julia Davies, (who also writes it) and Steve Pemberton amongst others, including David Bamber as a mother-obsessed, dysfunctional camp site owner. The actress who plays Pemberton's wife is great too, but I can't remember her name.

The final episode is pretty OTT, much darker than the rest, but the other episodes have a slight Mike Leigh feel to them and I understand that there was some improv during the filming.

Well worth a punt, anyway. :)

Postby ... » 02 Jun 2016, 10:39

JC wrote:Erm.....thanks!

Yeah - it's a big fave right now (even tho' they're the sort of people I'd run a mile to avoid). The supermarket stuff is almost invariably hilarious.

No worries, Glad you took my remarks in the jocular spirit in which they were intended

Spec

Postby Spec » 02 Jun 2016, 11:16

The new series of Peaky Blinders has stepped to a whole new level. Whereas in the past I've felt there was a bit of style over substance it now feels like the substance is there too. Many of the scenes are like paintings come to life.

yomptepi
BCB thumbscrew of Justice

Postby yomptepi » 03 Jul 2016, 21:52

On Netflix. So far ( 4 episodes in) it is very good.

You don't like me...do you?

Postby ... » 04 Jul 2016, 09:11

yomptepi wrote:On Netflix. So far ( 4 episodes in) it is very good.

Started watching this yesterday, lasted two episodes. Not very good at all, imo.

Like that thing with Olivia Coleman a few weeks ago, think we'll have to agree to disagree on this one, Chris.

the masked man
Schadenfreude

Postby the masked man » 30 Jul 2016, 09:16

Edge of Darkness on DVD. A downbeat 80s thriller so bleak that I'm amazed the dialogue isn't in Swedish or Danish.

Phil T

Postby Phil T » 30 Jul 2016, 09:41

I started on the second series of Fargo last night, only one episode in so far but it looks promising.

Slightly suprised to see that Jessie Plemons appears to have gained quite a bit of weight since he was in the last season of Breaking Bad though.

Lord Rother
Location: breaking the legs of the bastard that got me framed

Postby Lord Rother » 30 Jul 2016, 11:29

the masked man wrote:Edge of Darkness on DVD. A downbeat 80s thriller so bleak that I'm amazed the dialogue isn't in Swedish or Danish.

:lol:

Memorable at the time for bringing a young Joanne Whalley to my attention.

Lord Rother
Location: breaking the legs of the bastard that got me framed

Postby Lord Rother » 30 Jul 2016, 11:35

Only 2 episodes so far in UK but Mr Robot is tickling my fancy.

Rami Malek is very good.

pcqgod

Postby pcqgod » 24 Aug 2016, 19:38

Finally watching this:

Where would rock 'n' roll be without feedback?

Jimbly

Postby Jimbly » 24 Aug 2016, 20:17

Half way through season 2 of Mr Robot, not as good as season 1 by a long way.
So Long Kid, Take A Bow.

Penk!
Midnight to Six Man

Postby Penk! » 25 Aug 2016, 20:40

I've watched quite a bit of TV recently. First series of Mr Robot (excellent), Preacher (curate's egg) and Stranger Things (cute and engaging if not totally convincing), and both series of Bosch (good solid detecting) done, and I'm now on the last episode of the first series of Breaking Bad, which I started once but didn't like. I thought it worth another try given its reputation and I am indeed fonder of it this time.

Next I might try Fargo - I watched and liked the pilot ages ago but for some reason didn't carry on - though I'm also thinking about Narcos or The Knick - anyone seen them?
fange wrote:One of the things i really dislike in this life is people raising their voices in German.

mentalist (slight return)
under mi sensi

Postby mentalist (slight return) » 26 Aug 2016, 07:45

Fargo and The Knick are both excellent from top to bottom. If you want to try something really special I would recommend Oscar Isaac in Show Me A Hero.
king of the divan

Penk!
Midnight to Six Man

Postby Penk! » 26 Aug 2016, 08:46

I think the HBO Nordic service has that too. Actually The Night Of has been getting rave reviews too...
fange wrote:One of the things i really dislike in this life is people raising their voices in German.

Spec

Postby Spec » 26 Aug 2016, 09:46

mentalist (slight return) wrote:Fargo and The Knick are both excellent from top to bottom. If you want to try something really special I would recommend Oscar Isaac in Show Me A Hero.

I found that quite hard work but on balance worth it.

yomptepi
BCB thumbscrew of Justice

Postby yomptepi » 29 Aug 2016, 13:51

mentalist (slight return) wrote:Fargo and The Knick are both excellent from top to bottom. If you want to try something really special I would recommend Oscar Isaac in Show Me A Hero.

First series of the Knick was excellent, but we gave up after four episodes of the second, as it didn't seem to going anywhere.
You don't like me...do you?

Goat Boy
Bogarting the joint

Postby Goat Boy » 29 Aug 2016, 14:56

Ash vs Evil Dead

The whole of the first season. Huge fun and Bruce Campbell in top form.
Griff wrote:The notion that Jeremy Corbyn, a lifelong vocal proponent of antisemitism, would stand in front of an antisemitic mural and commend it is utterly preposterous.

Copehead wrote:a right wing cretin like Berger....bleating about racism

Dr Markus

Postby Dr Markus » 29 Aug 2016, 19:40

Goat Boy wrote:Ash vs Evil Dead

The whole of the first season. Huge fun and Bruce Campbell in top form.

Fucking awesome! Can't wait for season two and I never heard of the station starz before.
Drama Queenie wrote:You are a chauvinist of the quaintest kind. About as threatening as Jack Duckworth, you are a harmless relic of that cherished era when things were 'different'. Now get back to drawing a moustache on that page three model

Return to “Screenadelica”