Rogue One trailer

..and why not?
Limpin' Jez McKenzie
Poptastic

Rogue One trailer

Postby Limpin' Jez McKenzie » 07 Apr 2016, 21:31

...looks not too bad at all.
I kept thinking "swim as far as you can, swim as far as you can".

Dr Markus

Re: Rogue One trailer

Postby Dr Markus » 08 Apr 2016, 00:14

Am I missing something here? The main character has to get the plans for the deathstar? Is that not the same as the very first star wars? The only difference is that the first one didn't show how they physically got the plans. How many groups of rebels tried to nick these plans? Did the rebels sub contract this out to different people?
Drama Queenie wrote:You are a chauvinist of the quaintest kind. About as threatening as Jack Duckworth, you are a harmless relic of that cherished era when things were 'different'. Now get back to drawing a moustache on that page three model

Limpin' Jez McKenzie
Poptastic

Postby Limpin' Jez McKenzie » 08 Apr 2016, 06:58

Dr Markus wrote:Am I missing something here? The main character has to get the plans for the deathstar? Is that not the same as the very first star wars? The only difference is that the first one didn't show how they physically got the plans. How many groups of rebels tried to nick these plans? Did the rebels sub contract this out to different people?

I understand it is meant to fill in what happened just before the start of the first star wars film.
I kept thinking "swim as far as you can, swim as far as you can".

Goat Boy
Bogarting the joint

Postby Goat Boy » 08 Apr 2016, 09:19

Huge great big fuck off AT-Ats and Felicity Jones beating people up. Excellent!
Griff wrote:The notion that Jeremy Corbyn, a lifelong vocal proponent of antisemitism, would stand in front of an antisemitic mural and commend it is utterly preposterous.

Copehead wrote:a right wing cretin like Berger....bleating about racism

KeithPratt
Arsehole all Erect

Postby KeithPratt » 08 Apr 2016, 12:08

I like the look of it.

Goat Boy
Bogarting the joint

Postby Goat Boy » 08 Apr 2016, 13:02

The dialogue is a bit ripe but you know.

Just seeing the At-Ats gave me a wee star wars semi
Griff wrote:The notion that Jeremy Corbyn, a lifelong vocal proponent of antisemitism, would stand in front of an antisemitic mural and commend it is utterly preposterous.

Copehead wrote:a right wing cretin like Berger....bleating about racism

Dr Markus

Postby Dr Markus » 08 Apr 2016, 15:29

K wrote: Yes you are missing something. The recovery of the plans is no part of the first star wars. Leia has the plans on the Tantive IV. How did she get them?

Dr Markus wrote:Am I missing something here? The main character has to get the plans for the deathstar? Is that not the same as the very first star wars? The only difference is that the first one didn't show how they physically got the plans.

Just expecting something a bit more original somehow, some way.
Drama Queenie wrote:You are a chauvinist of the quaintest kind. About as threatening as Jack Duckworth, you are a harmless relic of that cherished era when things were 'different'. Now get back to drawing a moustache on that page three model

Dr Markus

Postby Dr Markus » 08 Apr 2016, 16:07

K wrote:
Dr Markus wrote:Am I missing something here? The main character has to get the plans for the deathstar? Is that not the same as the very first star wars?

No. The main character does not have to get the plans for the Death Star in the first film.

Dr Markus wrote:The only difference is that the first one didn't show how they physically got the plans.

The only difference? Can you list the similarities for me, other than similar characters, which is like looking at two World War II films and moaning they both have soldiers in them.

1. He has to get them to the rebels, same difference.
2. See point 1, The only difference is the phyiscal getting of said plans.

Splitting hairs to be honest, but like i said was expecting something more original, some how, some way.

Dr Markus

Postby Dr Markus » 08 Apr 2016, 16:09

K wrote:Am I missing something here? The main character has to run the Mafia? Is that not the same as the very first Godfather? The only difference is that the first one didn't show how they physically got to be Godfather.

:lol:.

jimboo

Postby jimboo » 08 Apr 2016, 16:59

Will the new characters look cool when made into dollies and left in their box next to the lego, er At-Ats ?
If I jerk- the handle jerk- the handle you'll thrill me and thrill me

driftin

Postby driftin » 08 Apr 2016, 17:48

The point of this is to show how the rebels got the plans before Star Wars (1977) took place.

One thing I don't get is when they're reprimanding her they list off a bunch of her offences and the first is forging Imperial documents. Perhaps there's something untold going on but why would they care about a rogue without sides forging enemy stuff?

Dr Markus

Postby Dr Markus » 08 Apr 2016, 17:51

driftin wrote:The point of this is to show how the rebels got the plans before Star Wars (1977) took place.

Yeah i get that, just thought they could have went a different route is all.

driftin

Postby driftin » 09 Apr 2016, 13:55

Dr Markus wrote:
driftin wrote:The point of this is to show how the rebels got the plans before Star Wars (1977) took place.

Yeah i get that, just thought they could have went a different route is all.

What kind of route were you thinking?

The trailer certainly took me by surprise. No John Williams fanfare, a very dark tone, a cliched alarm noise repeating itself to different images of war. It's very different compared to the trailers of The Force Awakens which promote it as an old fashioned fun space opera.

Dr Markus

Postby Dr Markus » 10 Apr 2016, 15:46

I don't know, give me the money the writer/writers are getting and I'll think one up.

pcqgod

Postby pcqgod » 11 Apr 2016, 17:06

Many Bothans will die.
Where would rock 'n' roll be without feedback?

KeithPratt
Arsehole all Erect

Postby KeithPratt » 11 Apr 2016, 17:37

Rumour has it Vader will feature in this film.

pcqgod

Postby pcqgod » 11 Apr 2016, 17:42

K wrote:
pcqgod wrote:Many Bothans will die.

That was Return of the Jedi. This is to do with Death Star I.

Nerd alert! :)
Last edited by pcqgod on 11 Apr 2016, 17:43, edited 1 time in total.
Where would rock 'n' roll be without feedback?

Darkness_Fish

Postby Darkness_Fish » 12 Apr 2016, 13:10

Does it have to be about the Death Star again? Why didn't they take the opportunity to bring in the earlier prototypes, The Dead-Leg Star, or the Paper-Cut Star?
Like fast-moving clouds casting shadows against a hillside, the melody-loop shuddered with a sense of the sublime, the awful unknowable majesty of the world.

Penk!
Midnight to Six Man

Postby Penk! » 18 Dec 2016, 17:16

I saw this today. It was very good.

At some point I think overkill will set in, with all the proposed spin-offs and series etc, but this one was definitely worthwhile. It felt grittier, more down-to-earth in a way, as befits a spin-off, even one with huge explosions and space battles and galaxytrotting action (the opening fifteen minutes were like a travelogue of the Star Wars Universe with sixty-second features for every planet!). There's a good focus on the characters rather than the action, with only the final sequence - oddly reminiscent of Second World War films - being a really big setpiece (and coming just in time to stop the film flagging), and therefore it's a real credit to the cast: it's the actors who make this one work. Felicity Jones is fiery and frustrated, a real person thrown into the galactic madness; Diego Luna is weary but determined, again like a WWII resistance fighter; Alan Tudyk a very darkly deadpan droid; and Ben Mendehlson is a persuasive villain, power-hungry but all too aware that he's just one of many circling sharks.
There's no real Force stuff going on - brief Vader appearance, Donnie Wen is a kind of semi-Jedi character - and I can imagine pedantic nerds like the one K quoted will find a lot to moan about, but for the average fan there's a lot to enjoy.
fange wrote:One of the things i really dislike in this life is people raising their voices in German.

Belle Lettre
Éminence grise

Postby Belle Lettre » 18 Dec 2016, 20:49

It was ace. Had the devil of a job convincing my daughter that Peter Cushing has been dead for years.
Nikki Gradual wrote:
Get a fucking grip you narcissistic cretins.

Return to “Screenadelica”