Better Call Saul

..and why not?
bobzilla77

Re: Better Call Saul

Postby bobzilla77 » 22 Mar 2016, 17:25

Rhea Seehorn cryptically said "Just because we didn't see Kim in BB doesn't mean she wasn't there." Although honestly, for as much a straight arrow as she is, it seems like she would have turned her back on him as soon as those TV commercials for Saul Goodman hit the airwaves - if not then, definitely once he started becoming a shitworker for serious criminals.

But it's possible...maybe he really did stop telling her the worst, and they're still friends, even with benefits, in that world. We didn't get into any of Saul's home life on BB.

Maybe she'll turn up at Cinnabon one day while visiting a million dollar client in Omaha!
Jimbo wrote:I guess I am over Graham Nash's politics. Hopelessly naive by the standards I've molded for myself these days.

bobzilla77

Postby bobzilla77 » 25 Mar 2016, 23:42

FUCK ME those guys are creepy!

I sure do hope that that latest swindle by Kim & Jimmy doesn't result in her getting disbarred! Right as she's about to go partner track! Wouldn't that just make so much sense? That she would take the hit, and Jimmy would walk away clean, ready to become Saul?

Reminds me of one of my favorite BB lines, when Jesse brings Walter to Saul's place. "THIS is the guy you want. You don't need a criminal attorney. You need a CRIMINAL attorney."
Jimbo wrote:I guess I am over Graham Nash's politics. Hopelessly naive by the standards I've molded for myself these days.

Phil T

Postby Phil T » 27 Mar 2016, 12:00

K wrote:Well, blimey. Now the twins are back!

Be afraid! :D

bobzilla77

Postby bobzilla77 » 29 Mar 2016, 17:52

Kim surprised me this week! I wish I wasn't completely certain that Jimmy is about to drag her down to a lower plane of existence. I hope she chickens out and grabs the brass ring at the last minute.

Davey the Fat Boy

Postby Davey the Fat Boy » 12 Apr 2016, 06:42

Rupert Holmes!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
“Remember I have said good things about benevolent despots before.” - Jimbo

Postby ... » 12 Apr 2016, 08:57

Just started watching S2 of this last night. While not a patch on BB (but then what is?), it's still one of the best shows out there right now by a mile. Particularly loving the way they refer back to BB - E2's Ken Wins sequence early on in S2 being one of many lovely examples

Phil T

Postby Phil T » 12 Apr 2016, 22:44

Davey the Fat Boy wrote:Rupert Holmes!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

I checked on Wiki and yes, he is a Brit. Sort of.
He has dual British - American citizenship.
:)

Phil T

Postby Phil T » 14 Apr 2016, 08:44

K wrote:I have an awful feeling we're going to find out why Chuck was not in BB.

I think we already may have...

Phil T

Postby Phil T » 20 Apr 2016, 08:33

Re. the season finale.
All I can say is "whoops!"
:o :D

Tom Waits For No One

Postby Tom Waits For No One » 28 Apr 2016, 20:59

Who's at the end of the stick Mike?
Give a shit or be a shit.

Belle Lettre
Éminence grise

Postby Belle Lettre » 12 Dec 2016, 20:57

Finally up to date.

How could Jimmy not see through that??
Nikki Gradual wrote:
Get a fucking grip you narcissistic cretins.

ChrisB
Can I Get To Widnes?

Postby ChrisB » 14 Dec 2016, 15:02

Being new to Netflix, I'm way behind with most of the series. So far, watched season 1 of Daredevil ....wow!!, Season 1 of Jessica Jones ....wow!!, and have just watched the first four episodes of Better call Saul. Love it! Love it! Love it!

Snarfyguy
Dominated by the Obscure

Postby Snarfyguy » 03 Jan 2017, 16:17

Just finished Season 2. Really good stuff, but I'm disappointed to be left with a cliffhanger of an ending. I was looking for some kind of resolution to what have been moderately slowly developing story lines.

As good as the material is, it's not the kind of stuff that needs to literally take *years* of real time to unfold. Kind of frustrating.
GoogaMooga wrote: The further away from home you go, the greater the risk of getting stuck there.

Six String

Postby Six String » 05 Jan 2017, 05:56

I'm late to this one so I'm still in the first season so I'm off and will be back when I can watch a few more. Great show though.
I always assume he worse on these spinoff shows but this one is very good.
Everything is broken
B. Dylan

Postby ... » 05 Jan 2017, 07:50

According to the BCS message boards over at IMDB, S3 should start late Spring (end March/April). Vince Gilligan has apparently also been quoted as saying that the series will continue after the point at which SG meets WW. Sounds promising no?

Geezee

Postby Geezee » 05 Jan 2017, 08:37

Belle Lettre wrote:Finally up to date.

I thought the same - for a show that is otherwise pretty subtle, that twist was pretty easy to spot I thought, the more he blabbered on...but of course there could be all sorts of other things going on.
Smilies are ON
Flash is OFF
Url is ON

Snarfyguy
Dominated by the Obscure

Postby Snarfyguy » 05 Jan 2017, 14:13

Geezee wrote:
Belle Lettre wrote:Finally up to date.

I thought the same - for a show that is otherwise pretty subtle, that twist was pretty easy to spot I thought, the more he blabbered on...but of course there could be all sorts of other things going on.

SPOILERS

Of course Charles would know that a surreptitiously recorded confession can't be used as evidence in a court of law - but could it used in a state disbarment proceeding? Perhaps.
GoogaMooga wrote: The further away from home you go, the greater the risk of getting stuck there.

Postby ... » 13 Jan 2017, 15:52

Apparently there's a new teaser trailer showing the arrival of Gus Fring in the coming season (rumoured to be "late Spring" if anyone's interested)!

https://www.theguardian.com/tv-and-radi ... eaking-bad

Phil T

Postby Phil T » 22 Feb 2017, 08:40

fueryIre wrote:According to the BCS message boards over at IMDB, S3 should start late Spring (end March/April). Vince Gilligan has apparently also been quoted as saying that the series will continue after the point at which SG meets WW. Sounds promising no?

Woo! :D
It would also be nice to see a little more of what eventually happens to SG in his new life as Gene the Cinnabon manager, other than the tantalising b & w sections we've had already.

Phil T

Postby Phil T » 08 Apr 2017, 08:57

Whoop!
:D

Return to “Screenadelica”