Kate Bush UK shows

Do talk back
bobzilla77

Re: Kate Bush UK shows

Postby bobzilla77 » 06 Oct 2014, 21:11

See, the kind of people who would make fun of people who come home from a gig feeling that way, are fucking useless. Maybe that's how they achieve transcendent joy, from feeling above transcendent joy.
Jimbo wrote:I guess I am over Graham Nash's politics. Hopelessly naive by the standards I've molded for myself these days.

Minnie the Minx
funky thigh collector

Postby Minnie the Minx » 06 Oct 2014, 21:16

I agree with you bob, having said that I laughed. I cried at my ticket too :?
You come at the Queen, you best not miss.

Dr Markus wrote:
Someone in your line of work usually as their own man cave aka the shed we're they can potter around fixing stuff or something don't they?

Flower wrote:I just did a google search.

Minnie the Minx
funky thigh collector

Postby Minnie the Minx » 23 Oct 2014, 14:18

The Kate Bush official website has a letter from Kate and some pics from the show, though posting on my iPhone makes it hard to link so you'll have to google it yer self.

Dr Markus wrote:
Someone in your line of work usually as their own man cave aka the shed we're they can potter around fixing stuff or something don't they?

Six String

Postby Six String » 24 Oct 2014, 06:42

I'm really looking forward to the DVD of the show. I hope it arrives in time for Christmas, not because of the holiday but it's only two months away!
Everything is broken
B. Dylan

trans-chigley express

Postby trans-chigley express » 24 Oct 2014, 13:18

Minnie the Minx wrote:The Kate Bush official website has a letter from Kate and some pics from the show, though posting on my iPhone makes it hard to link so you'll have to google it yer self.

Very disappointed that she didn't say: " I loved the shows so much I plan on doing a world tour starting with Hong Kong in December".

DVD for Crimbo then.

Postby ... » 24 Oct 2014, 13:21

Six String wrote:I'm really looking forward to the DVD of the show. I hope it arrives in time for Christmas, not because of the holiday but it's only two months away!

It would be strangely fitting if she didn't bring it out for 35 years...

clive gash
wannabee enfant terrible

Postby clive gash » 07 Dec 2014, 15:12

It takes a big man to cry, but it takes a bigger man to laugh at that man.

Diamond Dog wrote:...it quite clearly hit the target with you and your nonce...

...a multitude of innuendo and hearsay...

...I'm producing facts here...

Six String

Postby Six String » 08 Dec 2014, 06:29

You'd think you would have heard about a Christmas release by now unless they are having to work feverishly to get it done on time. So maybe they don't want to say in case it doesn't get completed in time.
Everything is broken
B. Dylan

trans-chigley express

Postby trans-chigley express » 08 Dec 2014, 10:07

clive gash wrote:http://blissout.blogspot.co.uk/2014/12/the-empress-unclothed.html#links

"The show was little more than a prog rock Jackanory

This is a bad thing? :?

Diamond Dog
"Self Quoter" Extraordinaire.

Postby Diamond Dog » 08 Dec 2014, 13:48

Six String wrote:You'd think you would have heard about a Christmas release by now unless they are having to work feverishly to get it done on time. So maybe they don't want to say in case it doesn't get completed in time.

Word from the Kate Bush forums is it won't be available until April(ish).

But they didn't state which April.
Nicotine, valium, vicadin, marijuana, ecstasy, and alcohol -
Cocaine

Six String

Postby Six String » 08 Dec 2014, 22:36

Diamond Dog wrote:
Six String wrote:You'd think you would have heard about a Christmas release by now unless they are having to work feverishly to get it done on time. So maybe they don't want to say in case it doesn't get completed in time.

Word from the Kate Bush forums is it won't be available until April(ish).

But they didn't state which April.

I'm not in the business of this kind of thing but I would have been surprised if it could have been put together in a quality way in only a month or two prep time. I'm sure Kate wants this to be a good product and she'll need to be involved of course so I think April sounds right. Hopefully they mean 2015.
Everything is broken
B. Dylan

Diamond Dog

Postby Diamond Dog » 07 Jan 2015, 19:05

A post on FB (from a very well informed fan) :

I emailed Bernard Zuel, the Australian journalist who wrote the news in Sydney Morning Herald about the forecoming dvd-release.
He is indeed a fan of Kate's himself and replied very positively. His source on the news is official, he says: "The release details came from the schedule of Warner Music Australia's commercial marketing division so it's official as far as can be told. The wording in the schedule is as follows: Kate Bush “Before The Dawn” (Live recordings from her sold out shows in the UK late 2014. Available on 3CD/2DVD/BluRay/Vinyl). Expected release late March

YAY!!
Cocaine

Goat Boy
Bogarting the joint

Postby Goat Boy » 08 Jan 2015, 12:48

Excellent news!
Griff wrote:The notion that Jeremy Corbyn, a lifelong vocal proponent of antisemitism, would stand in front of an antisemitic mural and commend it is utterly preposterous.

Copehead wrote:a right wing cretin like Berger....bleating about racism

Minnie the Minx
funky thigh collector

Postby Minnie the Minx » 08 Jan 2015, 13:25

Goat Boy wrote:Excellent news!

Quite. Hope it is released over here..

Dr Markus wrote:

clive gash
wannabee enfant terrible

Postby clive gash » 10 Nov 2016, 10:55

clive gash
wannabee enfant terrible

Postby clive gash » 21 Nov 2016, 12:21

Jimbly

Postby Jimbly » 21 Nov 2016, 13:25

Interview on the new issue of Mojo. No plans to release dvd of the show. She said it was filmed and has been archived.
So Long Kid, Take A Bow.

clive gash
wannabee enfant terrible

Postby clive gash » 21 Nov 2016, 13:30

Diamond Dog

Postby Diamond Dog » 22 Nov 2016, 16:19

Interesting piece from a guy who - from what I know and have been assured by others- 'knows his stuff'.... (he posted it on FB but I think we can take it that the source is pretty much nailed on).

In 2014 Kate decided to film a couple of live shows and a rehearsal of her Before The Dawn live concert.

This was pre-sold to Eagle Rock. This was to be a major release for Eagle Rock and they were banking on it, having just lost a bidding war for Roger Water’s The Wall (Roger bankrolled his own filming and therefore could sell the results to any distributor).

Eagle Rock planned a cinema release late-Spring 2015 to be followed by disc releases for Xmas 2015. In January 2015 they were sure of this plan and working to deliver on it.

However...

It was filmed in 4K, which is actually a lot harder to do than a standard concert recording and something that more than a few concert recordings have struggled to get right. And it was filmed from very limited positions in the theatre on the live nights too. The result was an odd patch work of material of not entirely satisfactory quality for someone with very exacting ideas about what the end result should be....

So, for whatever artistic reasons (nothing to do with body image) Kate did not like that result but didn’t immediately cancel the project. Paying back Eagle Rock for their effort would have been significant (£200-300K) out of the profits on a show that was already very expensive to stage (£1m plus just for the staging, plus the promotional costs). Instead she continues to think about whether to release it, but instead ultimately negotiates another plan.

The result is a live album distributed by Eagle Rock’s sister company Concord - both are owned by Universal (and in the UK with distribution by Rhino, which also slows down the release further because Rhino is owned by Warner). At this point that ends her contractual obligations to Eagle Rock and lets Kate sit on the visual recording of the project forever. Which is what she will (and is fully entitled to) do.

Lessons to learn? Don’t agree to give Kate Bush final cut on any live recordings ; ) and don’t expect anything other than whatever Kate’s artistic vision is to happen if you’re a fan ; )

In the meantime Eagle Rock are working on an epic Black Sabbath farewell documentary and hopefully with this off her mind Kate will get back to recording something new. Or maybe even another live event?

(And before you all start, no I'm not going to 'prove' anything I've just written. Maybe it's all fiction, or maybe it's enough of the truth that some fans can stop fretting where they stand with a DVD release ; )
Cocaine

Diamond Dog

Postby Diamond Dog » 22 Nov 2016, 16:24

And a fabulous interview with David Rhodes here :

http://www.superdeluxeedition.com/inter ... -the-dawn/

"Sat In Your Lap"!
Cocaine

Return to “Yakety Yak”