Schadenfreude

Re: BCB Cup 2014 - R2, M9

Postby the masked man » 08 Feb 2014, 18:00

More pop fun in B, I think.

the masked man
Schadenfreude

Postby the masked man » 08 Feb 2014, 20:28

Another close tie! A 20, B 17. Harsh on B, who was Copehead - I liked how his list was going!

Copehead
BCB Cup Stalinist

Postby Copehead » 08 Feb 2014, 20:31

the masked man wrote:Another close tie! A 20, B 17. Harsh on B, who was Copehead - I liked how his list was going!

My annual second round exit to a list of finest BCB greige

People don't like a bit of pop or anything recorded in the last few decades

You wouldn't have liked where it was going next

Marilion - Fugazi
Shimmer - The Flatmates
Dog on Wheels - Belle and Sebastian
I'm a Slut - bis
Autumnsong - Manic Street Preachers

You can only play along so long before you getr banjaxed by the latest combination of

Neil Young, Big Star, Beach Boys, Neil young, Baby Huey, Neil young and Neil young
Nazi Punks, Nazi Punks, Nazi Punks, Fuck Off

Bear baiting & dog fights a speciality.

The Red Heifer
Fucking Crackers

Re: BCB Cup 2014 - R2, M9 - Mopey Copehead

Postby The Red Heifer » 08 Feb 2014, 22:20

No wonder people lose interest in this thing, the good lists with the exciting songs always get arseholed.
Wadesmith wrote:Why is it that when there's a 'What do you think of this?' post, it's always absolute cobblers?

Bungo the Mungo

Postby Bungo the Mungo » 08 Feb 2014, 22:22

Copehead wrote:
the masked man wrote:Another close tie! A 20, B 17. Harsh on B, who was Copehead - I liked how his list was going!

My annual second round exit to a list of finest BCB greige

People don't like a bit of pop or anything recorded in the last few decades

You wouldn't have liked where it was going next

Marilion - Fugazi
Shimmer - The Flatmates
I'm a Slut - bis

You can only play along so long before you getr banjaxed by the latest combination of

Neil Young, Big Star, Beach Boys, Neil young, Baby Huey, Neil young and Neil young

You find Baby Huey in five separate lists over the last couple of years and I'll be OK with these comments. Otherwise shut up about it.

fange

Postby fange » 09 Feb 2014, 11:58

John Coan, 29th March, 2012 wrote:There's a garage Baby Huey, and a poserwanker-obscure-soul Baby Huey.

The couple of BCBers with real class go for the former model.

:lol:

Copehead: despite not voting for your list it was a pretty close-run thing, and I liked most of your songs a lot.
Cheers especially for reminding me of that Stardust track - hadn't heard it for a long time and it brought back some great memories of nights out dancing into the morning hours.
Jonny Spencer wrote:
fange wrote:I've got my quad pants on and i'm ready for some Cock.

By CHRIST you're a man after my own sideways sausage, Ange!

Copehead
BCB Cup Stalinist

Postby Copehead » 09 Feb 2014, 15:14

fangedango! wrote:
John Coan, 29th March, 2012 wrote:There's a garage Baby Huey, and a poserwanker-obscure-soul Baby Huey.

The couple of BCBers with real class go for the former model.

:lol:

Copehead: despite not voting for your list it was a pretty close-run thing, and I liked most of your songs a lot.
Cheers especially for reminding me of that Stardust track - hadn't heard it for a long time and it brought back some great memories of nights out dancing into the morning hours.

You're welcome

Copehead
BCB Cup Stalinist

Postby Copehead » 09 Feb 2014, 15:14

The Red Heifer wrote:No wonder people lose interest in this thing, the good lists with the exciting songs always get arseholed.

Thank you,

you're too kind

Belle Lettre
Éminence grise

Postby Belle Lettre » 09 Feb 2014, 17:26

It was the Stardust that made it impossible for me to vote for your list! sorry.. :)
Nikki Gradual wrote:
Get a fucking grip you narcissistic cretins.

T. Willy Rye
Spinner of crazy fuck-ass shit

Postby T. Willy Rye » 09 Feb 2014, 17:35

You shoulda won based on your Orchestra Baobab (who cares how you spell it) alone. Throw in inspired Rodriguez and Prisoners' tracks and it was no contest.

Copehead
BCB Cup Stalinist

Postby Copehead » 10 Feb 2014, 14:37

T. Willy Rye wrote:You shoulda won based on your Orchestra Baobab (who cares how you spell it) alone. Throw in inspired Rodriguez and Prisoners' tracks and it was no contest.

I know, what can you do?

It is pearls before swine it really is

Count Machuki
BCB Cup Champion 2013

Postby Count Machuki » 11 Feb 2014, 00:49

Copehead wrote:Marilion - Fugazi
Shimmer - The Flatmates
I'm a Slut - bis

B
Let U be the set of all united sets, K be the set of the kids and D be the set of things divided.
Then it follows that ∀ k ∈ K: K ∈ U ⇒ k ∉ D

watts

Postby watts » 11 Feb 2014, 03:28

Sorry Copehead. I'd have voted B had I not been stuck dealing with crap when the match was run. It wouldn't have helped much, but if we ever meet I'll buy you a beer or you can choose the shin kick option -- I leave it up to you.
--m

watts

Postby watts » 11 Feb 2014, 03:29

The Red Heifer wrote:No wonder people lose interest in this thing, the good lists with the exciting songs always get arseholed.

True dat.
--m

The Red Heifer
Fucking Crackers

Postby The Red Heifer » 11 Feb 2014, 07:40

Belle Lettre wrote:It was the Stardust that made it impossible for me to vote for your list! sorry.. :)

Each to their own I suppose, when I saw Stardust my heart soared within the rather limited confines of my chest.
Wadesmith wrote:Why is it that when there's a 'What do you think of this?' post, it's always absolute cobblers?

Copehead
BCB Cup Stalinist

Postby Copehead » 11 Feb 2014, 10:42

watts wrote:Sorry Copehead. I'd have voted B had I not been stuck dealing with crap when the match was run. It wouldn't have helped much, but if we ever meet I'll buy you a beer or you can choose the shin kick option -- I leave it up to you.

Don't worry real world is more important than BCB cup, probably

Copehead
BCB Cup Stalinist

Postby Copehead » 11 Feb 2014, 10:57

The Red Heifer wrote:
Belle Lettre wrote:It was the Stardust that made it impossible for me to vote for your list! sorry.. :)

Each to their own I suppose, when I saw Stardust my heart soared within the rather limited confines of my chest.

I decided to use it when it came through my headphones whilst I was at the gym. That bassline is immense, it just puts a smile on my face and ups my rpm by 10%

This year the theme was stuff I have played a lot this year, hence the propensity for recent releases.

I was really suprised by the negative reaction to the Johnny Marr track, everyone accepts that Morrissey has sometimes reached Smithsian heights in his solo career, but until now Marr has all been about tasteful contributions to others work.

But his first proper solo album is a delight, his vocals are OK but the guitar work is wonderful and songs like New Town Velocity and The Messenger are the equal of his Smiths work.

So I just dumped the Foals, as it is an album I listened to a fair amount this year, without ever warming to 100%, but that is a good song, Inhaler is better but it works far better as a live track it is a bit of a slow starter as an album track, no good for the cup.

The Neu is there because PSB have sent me back to listen to a bit of original Motrorik and Hero was the song I went back to.

The Family was there because anyone who has watched BBC4's musical output this year will have seen this track a hatful of times.

I first came across Chapman when he sang Shadow on the Wall on Mike Oldfield's Crises album and his voice has always intrigued me, but that was a bit marmite so it was dropped for the robust Orchestra Boabab

I was suprised by how positive the reaction was to Grimes, she reminds me of Kate Bush - someone ploughing their own weird little furrow, but I wasn't sure how electro Goth with weird japenesey vocals would go down.

I wasn't suprised how Fundamental went down liek cold sick, popular bangers like that always get short shrift on here, but they cross over for a reason, they are great fun, and again the vocal is at least singular like the Electric Goat. So that lead me back to another hit like that with Stardust.

I really wanted to use Get Lucky but that had been used by others. But all 3 tunes are massive dance crossover hits.

The Prisoners song is brilliant and a hangover from an idea to do a list of songs featured in films and Sixto is my find of the year, as I imagine he is many people's since teh Sugarman film came out on DVD