Progressive Canon # 55 - Donald Singleton's Delirium

Do talk back
The Modernist

Re: Progressive Canon # 55 - Donald Singleton's Delirium

Postby The Modernist » 03 Nov 2013, 22:26

There are rumours of a box set..which may feature The Nantwich Sessions. Having once heard a tantilising 50 second sample featuring Eddie Ederson's symphonic growl, I can safely say that yes it does live up to the legend.

clive gash
wannabee enfant terrible

Postby clive gash » 03 Nov 2013, 23:36

G for president
It takes a big man to cry, but it takes a bigger man to laugh at that man.

Diamond Dog wrote:...it quite clearly hit the target with you and your nonce...

...a multitude of innuendo and hearsay...

...I'm producing facts here...

Bungo the Mungo

Postby Bungo the Mungo » 21 Dec 2013, 20:28

BUMP

bye

Postby bye » 11 Oct 2015, 11:23

oh joy!
Drama Queenie wrote:You are a chauvinist of the quaintest kind. About as threatening as Jack Duckworth, you are a harmless relic of that cherished era when things were 'different'. Now get back to drawing a moustache on that page three model

The Modernist
2018 BCB Cup Champ!

Postby The Modernist » 11 Oct 2015, 11:57

What do people think of the pre- DSD band Singleton's Swingers?

Their 50 minute rave up version of St. James Infirmary Blues captured on the bootleg 1966 -Live At The Diamond Club is remarkable for Singleton's incredible utilisation of the tambourine. Did anyone play it with their toes before him?

Purgatory Brite

Postby Purgatory Brite » 11 Oct 2015, 18:03

The Modernist wrote:What do people think of the pre- DSD band Singleton's Swingers?

Their 50 minute rave up version of St. James Infirmary Blues captured on the bootleg 1966 -Live At The Diamond Club is remarkable for Singleton's incredible utilisation of the tambourine. Did anyone play it with their toes before him?

Garage punk bollocks!

Count Machuki
BCB Cup Champion 2013

Postby Count Machuki » 14 Dec 2015, 21:31

Has anybody else heard anything about a possible re-release of The 12/8 Days of Threnody's Yulemas in time for the holiday?

I thought I'd see something go by on the Hoffman boards but a search turns up nothing.

:(
Last edited by Count Machuki on 14 Dec 2015, 21:45, edited 1 time in total.
Let U be the set of all united sets, K be the set of the kids and D be the set of things divided.
Then it follows that ∀ k ∈ K: K ∈ U ⇒ k ∉ D

naughty boy
hounds people off the board

Postby naughty boy » 14 Dec 2015, 21:35

I think they're at a loss for words, my friend.

Threnody makes Trout Mask Replica look like Electric Warrior. It is undiscussable.
Matt 'interesting' Wilson wrote:So I went from looking at the "I'm a Man" riff, to showing how the rave up was popular for awhile.

bye

Postby bye » 21 Feb 2016, 09:55

o

n
Drama Queenie wrote:You are a chauvinist of the quaintest kind. About as threatening as Jack Duckworth, you are a harmless relic of that cherished era when things were 'different'. Now get back to drawing a moustache on that page three model

fange
100% fangetastic

Postby fange » 15 Sep 2016, 02:19

The Modernist wrote:There are rumours of a box set..which may feature The Nantwich Sessions. Having once heard a tantilising 50 second sample featuring Eddie Ederson's symphonic growl, I can safely say that yes it does live up to the legend.

It certainly does. Derek Boxton-Cleaváge's remastering job on The Nantwich Sessions is just outstanding. I was listening to that demo version of 'Days of Vines and Posies' from the out-takes disc, and the sound is so clear i felt i was right there in the hallway with them, standing right next to Tower Mandrake when he was playing his soprano nose flute solo.
Jonny Spencer wrote:
fange wrote:I've got my quad pants on and i'm ready for some Cock.

By CHRIST you're a man after my own sideways sausage, Ange!

bye

Postby bye » 30 Dec 2016, 12:47

I took delivery of The Oswestry Outtakes just yesterday. The top-left corner of the cover is absolutely the best I have ever seen!

naughty boy
hounds people off the board

Postby naughty boy » 05 Aug 2018, 10:49

FABULOSO!
Matt 'interesting' Wilson wrote:So I went from looking at the "I'm a Man" riff, to showing how the rave up was popular for awhile.

Return to “Yakety Yak”