Do you look for yourself in the search engine?

in reality, all of this has been a total load of old bollocks

Do you put your board name in the search engine?

a) Never
46%
b) Rarely
28%
c) Often
21%
d) Always
5%

Total votes: 39

quix

Re: Do you look for yourself in the search engine?

Postby quix » 10 Sep 2012, 18:53

about 30 years ago i got my tits out for a German TV series and I've been searching for myself in the show on the internet ever since I got it in the mid 90s. i've also been trying to find myself as a 14 year old school girl in an episode of nation wide with frank boff from around 1980. lots of stuff about my seedy past has washed up on google's shores over the years but not my German tits or my night with frank boff. well not yet anyway! :D

sloopjohnc

Postby sloopjohnc » 10 Sep 2012, 18:54

Matt Wilson wrote:Obsessively. How else am I to know what people really think of me?

In fact just now, after I typed that, I had to search for my name to see if anyone was laughing at me for my obsessive searches. So far, no one is. This makes me want to be more revealing on BCB and not so closed in. What do you guys think of this? Wait a minute - time for a search.

No one's talking about me yet. I feel paranoid.

What a goofball.
Don't fake the funk on a nasty dunk!

Poppypoobah
Resident Hotty

Postby Poppypoobah » 10 Sep 2012, 19:05

I do it every so often just to make sure the ex isn't up to his old tricks. It's darn weird the stuff that it returns sometimes but thank god no nudie pics anymore.

Ooops just realised that you meant our names here, well forget that first part, I don't think I've ever done it here and no ex's here would have nudie pics,

that`s for sure,

that they would ever post,

because I would hunt them down

and seriously hurt them

and their dog.

Maybe not the dog. I like animals!

in a nice normal way, not in a wierd way.
Last edited by Poppypoobah on 10 Sep 2012, 19:15, edited 1 time in total.

Bungo the Mungo

Postby Bungo the Mungo » 10 Sep 2012, 19:09

quix wrote:about 30 years ago i got my tits out for a German TV series and I've been searching for myself in the show on the internet ever since I got it in the mid 90s. i've also been trying to find myself as a 14 year old school girl in an episode of nation wide with frank boff from around 1980. lots of stuff about my seedy past has washed up on google's shores over the years but not my German tits or my night with frank boff. well not yet anyway! :D

Let us know when they do ;)

The last time I did a search for my name here it came up 'I hate Coan'.

Not the first time, either :evil:

Matt Wilson
Psychedelic Cowpunk

Postby Matt Wilson » 10 Sep 2012, 19:21

I do like your avatar, John.

I'd be really impressed if you could name ten Haley songs without googling though.

GoogaMooga
custodian of oldies

Postby GoogaMooga » 10 Sep 2012, 19:24

Matt Wilson wrote:I do like your avatar, John.

I'd be really impressed if you could name ten Haley songs without googling though.

Shake, Rattle and Roll
Rock Around the Clock
See You Later, Alligator

...fail :(
"When the desert comes, people will be sad; just as Cannery Row was sad when all the pilchards were caught and canned and eaten." - John Steinbeck

Bungo the Mungo

Postby Bungo the Mungo » 10 Sep 2012, 19:44

Matt Wilson wrote:I do like your avatar, John.

I could have, thirty years ago! my sis was a big fan.

The Prof
Trading coffee in Abyssinia

Postby The Prof » 10 Sep 2012, 19:50

Rock Around The Clock 8 times
See You Later, Alligator twice.

The Prof
Trading coffee in Abyssinia

Postby The Prof » 10 Sep 2012, 19:50

Agh.. that was the answer to name 10 Bill Haley hits.

Matt Wilson
Psychedelic Cowpunk

Postby Matt Wilson » 10 Sep 2012, 20:15

We never talk about Haley, and he was rockin' years before Elvis, Little Richard, Chuck Berry, Bo Diddley or anyone else.

Bungo the Mungo

Postby Bungo the Mungo » 10 Sep 2012, 20:35

And he was about as exciting as a dead haddock.

Matt Wilson
Psychedelic Cowpunk

Postby Matt Wilson » 10 Sep 2012, 20:44

Dog Lazonby wrote:And he was about as exciting as a dead haddock.

That seems to be the consensus.

I feel sorry for his legacy.

Magilla
Otago Mago

Postby Magilla » 11 Sep 2012, 03:46

Nope, but it's helpful for trying to research what others like for Mix Club.
"U2 routinely spent a year in the studio...I have a theory: if you put four monkeys in the studio for a year with Lanois and Eno and Lillywhite, they would make a pretty good record, too."

Dr Markus

Postby Dr Markus » 11 Sep 2012, 09:22

quix wrote:about 30 years ago i got my tits out for a German TV series and I've been searching for myself in the show on the internet ever since I got it in the mid 90s. i've also been trying to find myself as a 14 year old school girl in an episode of nation wide with frank boff from around 1980. lots of stuff about my seedy past has washed up on google's shores over the years but not my German tits or my night with frank boff. well not yet anyway! :D

Seriously, Just when you think you barely know someone you find out you don't know them at all. :?
Drama Queenie wrote:You are a chauvinist of the quaintest kind. About as threatening as Jack Duckworth, you are a harmless relic of that cherished era when things were 'different'. Now get back to drawing a moustache on that page three model

Dr Markus

Postby Dr Markus » 11 Sep 2012, 10:17

Considering the amount of folk that voted, "saddos" 11 compared to people that don't search, 12. As of 10:17am this morning.
Drama Queenie wrote:You are a chauvinist of the quaintest kind. About as threatening as Jack Duckworth, you are a harmless relic of that cherished era when things were 'different'. Now get back to drawing a moustache on that page three model

Diamond Dog
"Self Quoter" Extraordinaire.

Postby Diamond Dog » 11 Sep 2012, 13:09

Dr Markus wrote:Considering the amount of folk that voted, "saddos" 11 compared to people that don't search, 12. As of 10:17am this morning.

And I'm the one who always has to win, eh? :lol: :lol:

Of the 25 votes cast so far, 19 either look their own name up rarely or never at all. That's over 66% where I come from - and some of those who did qualified it by saying they were admins (Martha, Prof etc) who needed to look if they'd been asked a question.

Not exactly all small minded vanity projects like your good self, is it?
Nicotine, valium, vicadin, marijuana, ecstasy, and alcohol -
Cocaine

Dr Markus

Postby Dr Markus » 11 Sep 2012, 13:20

As per usual you’re trying to change question again. It’s now up to 12 “saddos” compared to 13. You said nothing at the start about parameters or values connected to the voting.

It’s not about winning either, unless you’re really a bored Charlie sheen pretending to work in a post office. I think most people know what this was attempting to do.

As for the vanity thing, your vanity at always trying comically to be right outweighs everyone else’s attempts on here. Searching you name to see if someone is trying to make fun of you isn't vanity. Maybe if you stop mentioning me so much we wouldn't need to do this, balls in your court and you use the "victim" tag again on me hoping it sticks. Oh yeah just because you stick in your much over used laughing smilieS, doesn’t actually make your post funny.
Last edited by Dr Markus on 11 Sep 2012, 13:24, edited 1 time in total.

Diamond Dog
"Self Quoter" Extraordinaire.

Postby Diamond Dog » 11 Sep 2012, 13:23

However your complete lack of correct punctuation and failure to post a cogent thought does make you a twat.
Nicotine, valium, vicadin, marijuana, ecstasy, and alcohol -
Cocaine

Bungo the Mungo

Postby Bungo the Mungo » 11 Sep 2012, 13:26

I kind of liked 'bored Charlie Sheen pretending to work in a post office', tho'

Dr Markus

Postby Dr Markus » 11 Sep 2012, 13:27

Diamond Dog wrote:However your complete lack of correct punctuation and failure to post a cogent thought does make you a twat.

Well no, a twat would be someone who struggles to come up with a proper comeback or answer and therefore panics and goes for grammar. All this while still fully understanding what the person…sorry….one as wrote despite the flaws in grammar.

Return to “Nextdoorland”