Address bar problem

Computer issues and app recommendations
Magilla
Otago Mago

Address bar problem

Postby Magilla » 19 Dec 2011, 19:58

I've got a problem with my address bar (or whatever it's called). It only has 25 addresses that I can scroll down and choose from.

This morning I wanted to go to my electricity company's website and because I haven't been there for a couple of months, I couldn't just scroll down, I had to re-type it in.

I typed it in and the previously lowest address vanished.

How do I stop this from happening and extend my address bar beyond holding only 25 sites, please ?
"U2 routinely spent a year in the studio...I have a theory: if you put four monkeys in the studio for a year with Lanois and Eno and Lillywhite, they would make a pretty good record, too."

BlueMeanie

Re: Address bar problem

Postby BlueMeanie » 19 Dec 2011, 20:02

Is there a reason you don't bookmark the sites you visit often?
Betty Denim wrote:The first time I saw a strange man's cock was in a queue for a Belgian breakfast buffet.

GoogaMooga wrote:I do have standards.

jude
Turkey Boy (and destroyer of Spam Filters)
Location: Near Bradford's surrounding areas which encompass the city of Bradford (A small village near Leeds)

Postby jude » 19 Dec 2011, 20:09

Any chance of you letting us know which browser you're using? ;)
Betty Denim wrote:And, quite frankly, if I had been raped and you said to me 'well yeah, it's crap innit; it's like that time I had to have a turnip curry' I'd do more than insult you.

BlueMeanie

Postby BlueMeanie » 19 Dec 2011, 20:51

Jude wrote:Any chance of you letting us know which browser you're using? ;)

Any browser allows you to bookmark or make 'favourites'. I use Chrome.
Betty Denim wrote:The first time I saw a strange man's cock was in a queue for a Belgian breakfast buffet.

jude
Location: Near Bradford's surrounding areas which encompass the city of Bradford (A small village near Leeds)

Postby jude » 19 Dec 2011, 21:17

BlueXmas wrote:

Yes, i know. My question was aimed at the OP. You know, the one who's asking for help?
Betty Denim wrote:And, quite frankly, if I had been raped and you said to me 'well yeah, it's crap innit; it's like that time I had to have a turnip curry' I'd do more than insult you.

BlueMeanie

Postby BlueMeanie » 19 Dec 2011, 22:23

Jude wrote:
BlueXmas wrote:

Yes, i know. My question was aimed at the OP. You know, the one who's asking for help?

Sorry, didn't notice it was a different poster.

jude

Postby jude » 19 Dec 2011, 22:31

Ah, OK. No worries.

Magilla
Otago Mago

Postby Magilla » 20 Dec 2011, 01:02

I use Windows XP and Internet Explorer. (Sorry, I hope that's a suitable answer, I'm hopeless with IT). :oops:
"U2 routinely spent a year in the studio...I have a theory: if you put four monkeys in the studio for a year with Lanois and Eno and Lillywhite, they would make a pretty good record, too."

jude

Postby jude » 20 Dec 2011, 19:32

I haven't used IE closely for quite some time, so i'm not sure. Googling suggests that 25 is the maximum for Internet Explorer, however. There might be a registry hack to increase it, but that seems like a lot of faffing when there are other solutions. Ultimately, you're asking for functionality that is already covered elsewhere.

As previously suggested, you might want to start bookmarking (or 'favouriting' sites you use most often). As i say, i'm not overly familiar with IE, but i expect that bookmarked sites will show in the autocomplete results.

Alternatively, you might want to try another browser. I have very few bad things to say about Firefox. It only holds 12 entries in the comparable list on IE, but if you start typing something, it refines the results (so if i type 'bc', the odds are good that BCB would then be at the top of the list).

Magilla
Otago Mago

Postby Magilla » 20 Dec 2011, 20:44

Cheers Jude, appreciate it.

Return to “OK Computer?”