Minnie & Baron

As it says on the tin. Contains the In Memoriam, birthday greetings and splicing announcements of this community.
User avatar
Dr. Baron
Diamond Geezer
Posts: 44406
Joined: 18 Jul 2003, 05:38
Location: Impregnable Citadel of Technicality

Re: Minnie & Baron

Postby Dr. Baron » 20 Sep 2011, 23:17

Yeah, Min! New Orleans is great!
Most of the time it's almost as hot as south Texas. But it's more humid than south Texas all of the time.
Quaco wrote:Are you fucking high?
take5_d_shorterer wrote:If John Bonham simply didn't listen to enough Tommy Johnson or Blind Willie Mctell, that's his doing.
GoogaMooga wrote:It's a film I have waited 39 years to see. Now I have the chance, but I may just crap out.

User avatar
Nolamike
Posts: 13988
Joined: 05 Dec 2005, 21:31
Location: Heaven, Hell, or Houston
Contact:

Re: Minnie & Baron

Postby Nolamike » 21 Sep 2011, 00:04

Ol' Dirty Baron wrote:Yeah, Min! New Orleans is great!
Most of the time it's almost as hot as south Texas. But it's more humid than south Texas all of the time.


Which is somewhat allieviated by the fact that you can walk around on the street with an open container of alcohol. When you're drinking you're third hurricane, you don't really notice the heat and humidity! :)
Sir John Coan wrote:Nolamike is speaking nothing but sense here.


Loki wrote:Mike is Hookfinger's shill.

User avatar
Dr. Baron
Diamond Geezer
Posts: 44406
Joined: 18 Jul 2003, 05:38
Location: Impregnable Citadel of Technicality

Re: Minnie & Baron

Postby Dr. Baron » 21 Sep 2011, 00:11

Nolamike wrote:
Ol' Dirty Baron wrote:Yeah, Min! New Orleans is great!
Most of the time it's almost as hot as south Texas. But it's more humid than south Texas all of the time.


Which is somewhat allieviated by the fact that you can walk around on the street with an open container of alcohol. When you're drinking you're third hurricane, you don't really notice the heat and humidity! :)


Hurricane Minnie is no joke.
I think open containers are generally more legal in more places than most people think.
Quaco wrote:Are you fucking high?
take5_d_shorterer wrote:If John Bonham simply didn't listen to enough Tommy Johnson or Blind Willie Mctell, that's his doing.
GoogaMooga wrote:It's a film I have waited 39 years to see. Now I have the chance, but I may just crap out.

User avatar
kath
Groovy Queen of the Cosmos
Posts: 41261
Joined: 22 Feb 2006, 15:20
Location: new orleans via bama via new orleans

Re: Minnie & Baron

Postby kath » 21 Sep 2011, 00:12

Nolamike wrote:
Ol' Dirty Baron wrote:Yeah, Min! New Orleans is great!
Most of the time it's almost as hot as south Texas. But it's more humid than south Texas all of the time.


Which is somewhat allieviated by the fact that you can walk around on the street with an open container of alcohol. When you're drinking you're third hurricane, you don't really notice the heat and humidity! :)


well, depending on who's doing the mixing, you may not really notice falling face first on a lit stove burner, either. but i guess that's neither here nor there.

User avatar
Poppypoobah
Resident Hotty
Posts: 17501
Joined: 18 Jul 2003, 23:03
Location: Paradise
Contact:

Re: Minnie & Baron

Postby Poppypoobah » 07 Dec 2011, 19:47

neverknoël wrote:
toomanyhatz wrote:And let's not forget Duncan and Hotsie either, though I don't know the specifics for them.

In an admirable effort to match their lives with classic rock lyrics, they got married in Gibraltar near Spain. Beat that!

In the same office that John and Yoko got married!

User avatar
Minnie the Minx
funky thigh collector
Posts: 32078
Joined: 29 Dec 2006, 16:00
Location: In the naughty North and in the sexy South

Re: Minnie & Baron

Postby Minnie the Minx » 10 Jan 2012, 20:25

Corporate whore wrote:I'm taking the iPad so that we can have almost live commentary (although I won't be posting during the ceremony of course!)


Where has that thread gone, anyway?
You come at the Queen, you best not miss.

Dr Markus wrote:
Someone in your line of work usually as their own man cave aka the shed we're they can potter around fixing stuff or something don't they?


Flower wrote:I just did a google search.

User avatar
Sambient
Posts: 16613
Joined: 16 Jul 2003, 14:56
Location: Nerdvana

Re: Minnie & Baron

Postby Sambient » 10 Jan 2012, 22:12

I think it fell out when we lost some of Nextdoorland. I looked for it recently.

User avatar
toomanyhatz
Power-mad king of the WCC
Posts: 29146
Joined: 07 Apr 2005, 00:01
Location: Just east of where Charlie Parker went to do some relaxin'

Re: Minnie & Baron

Postby toomanyhatz » 10 Jan 2012, 23:08

martha wrote:That is too bad. I'd have moved it to classic threads if I'd known.


Ditto with the toomanies' marriage thread (and I think maybe Griff's as well- remember both marriages happened on the exact same day). I'm not sure when the "births, marriages and deaths" thread was created, unfortunately I think it was some time shortly after some threads were lost for good.

Fortunately this thread is still there.
Jimbo wrote: I have just shown...


Jimbo wrote:There goes that conspiracy theory.


1959 1963 1965 1966 1974 1977 1978 1981 1988 2017* 2018 2020!! 2021?

User avatar
Minnie the Minx
funky thigh collector
Posts: 32078
Joined: 29 Dec 2006, 16:00
Location: In the naughty North and in the sexy South

Re: Minnie & Baron

Postby Minnie the Minx » 03 Jul 2012, 18:55

I'm folding up washing, making vegetable stock, planning how many butter beans to put in the dinner and rearranging shampoo bottles, in case anyone thought our marriage was going to be remotely rock and roll.
You come at the Queen, you best not miss.

Dr Markus wrote:
Someone in your line of work usually as their own man cave aka the shed we're they can potter around fixing stuff or something don't they?


Flower wrote:I just did a google search.

User avatar
Poppypoobah
Resident Hotty
Posts: 17501
Joined: 18 Jul 2003, 23:03
Location: Paradise
Contact:

Re: Minnie & Baron

Postby Poppypoobah » 03 Jul 2012, 21:57

Minnie the Minx wrote:I'm folding up washing, making vegetable stock, planning how many butter beans to put in the dinner and rearranging shampoo bottles, in case anyone thought our marriage was going to be remotely rock and roll.
That is very rock and roll compared to most where the wife (or the husband) says "honey do you really need so many cd's? Can't we just make some into coasters/deer scarer offers?"

User avatar
quix
Posts: 6468
Joined: 11 Apr 2007, 13:49
Location: La la land

Re: Minnie & Baron

Postby quix » 04 Jul 2012, 06:56

Minnie the Minx wrote:I'm folding up washing, making vegetable stock, planning how many butter beans to put in the dinner and rearranging shampoo bottles, in case anyone thought our marriage was going to be remotely rock and roll.


and just think... if you ever have a baby you can still do all that on no sleep and covered in shit. :D

User avatar
Minnie the Minx
funky thigh collector
Posts: 32078
Joined: 29 Dec 2006, 16:00
Location: In the naughty North and in the sexy South

Re: Minnie & Baron

Postby Minnie the Minx » 04 Jul 2012, 14:22

quix wrote:
Minnie the Minx wrote:I'm folding up washing, making vegetable stock, planning how many butter beans to put in the dinner and rearranging shampoo bottles, in case anyone thought our marriage was going to be remotely rock and roll.


and just think... if you ever have a baby you can still do all that on no sleep and covered in shit. :D


Aye! :lol:

Though Baron is pretty well toilet trained, you know.
You come at the Queen, you best not miss.

Dr Markus wrote:
Someone in your line of work usually as their own man cave aka the shed we're they can potter around fixing stuff or something don't they?


Flower wrote:I just did a google search.

User avatar
Mr. Zebra
glovepuppet
Posts: 377
Joined: 01 Jan 2007, 22:51
Location: Mancunia
Contact:

Re: Minnie & Baron

Postby Mr. Zebra » 07 Jul 2012, 03:36

Minnie the Minx wrote:
quix wrote:
Minnie the Minx wrote:I'm folding up washing, making vegetable stock, planning how many butter beans to put in the dinner and rearranging shampoo bottles, in case anyone thought our marriage was going to be remotely rock and roll.


and just think... if you ever have a baby you can still do all that on no sleep and covered in shit. :D


Aye! :lol:

Though Baron is pretty well toilet trained, you know.

I'll bet he even wipes, the bourgeois dickhead.
Sea Of Tunes wrote:use of words betrays lack of argumentation.

User avatar
Minnie the Minx
funky thigh collector
Posts: 32078
Joined: 29 Dec 2006, 16:00
Location: In the naughty North and in the sexy South

Re: Minnie & Baron

Postby Minnie the Minx » 26 Jul 2013, 02:11

Tapiocahead wrote:Very hearty congratulations! A cracking pair... and you also make a wonderful couple.


It's taken three years for me to get that joke.
You come at the Queen, you best not miss.

Dr Markus wrote:
Someone in your line of work usually as their own man cave aka the shed we're they can potter around fixing stuff or something don't they?


Flower wrote:I just did a google search.