We are lepers

Who? What? When? Where? Gigs and more.
C
Robust

We are lepers

Postby C » 25 Jan 2011, 20:36

never/ever wrote:You don't know us. In fact this whole community don't want you to know us.
We are lepers. We are being shunned so, in turn, we shun them. We are the children in the attic. We are the eternal hibernators, shunning the daylight. We are being mocked, spat at, abused, all gathered here and thrown in this deep, deep well. Our hideous, disfigured bodies do not function, yet our centuries-old sharp minds are timeless. We are the Mystics, shamen of progressive music, wearers of capes, worship the Moog as a tabernacle and tub-thumpers are our saviours. We pray to the Power Of Yes and read the chapters of Genesis in our bibles. We silently congregate and through the combined powers of our oversized brains we leave these trails of progness, as a means to communicate with the outside world. Yet we remain hidden. But not silent.
And when our captors aren't looking we sometimes flip them the finger and post something here that is not prog. We laugh and smile in our beards and for one fleeting moment all is well within our worlds.

Welcome, my child. Welcome.

This still cracks me up.

A brilliant piece of writing

mudshark wrote:Where is he anyway, that very soft lad?

soundchaser
Rokster & Rollster

Re: We are lepers

Postby soundchaser » 25 Jan 2011, 20:45

I'm in the colony of Slippermen! :D

never/ever

Postby never/ever » 25 Jan 2011, 21:01

We are stardust
we are golden.
kath wrote:i do not wanna buy the world a fucquin gotdamn coke.

Loki
The Goddess of Mischief

Postby Loki » 26 Jan 2011, 01:16

And we've got to get ourselves back to the garden.....

Last edited by Loki on 26 Jan 2011, 22:51, edited 1 time in total.

whodathunkit wrote: Somewhere it's always 1972.

kath
Groovy Queen of the Cosmos

Postby kath » 26 Jan 2011, 05:57

The Rokster wrote:I'm in the colony of Slippermen! :D

maybe he was a fruit-of-the-loom guy before his time.

then again, maybe not.

p.s. we are what we is.

soundchaser
Rokster & Rollster

Postby soundchaser » 26 Jan 2011, 09:40

kath wrote:
The Rokster wrote:I'm in the colony of Slippermen! :D

maybe he was a fruit-of-the-loom guy before his time.

then again, maybe not.

p.s. we are what we is.

:lol:

C
Robust

Postby C » 26 Jan 2011, 18:25

Loki wrote:And we've got to get back to the garden.....

:lol:

Loki
The Goddess of Mischief

Postby Loki » 26 Jan 2011, 22:52

I got the lyric wrong. :(

:roll:

whodathunkit wrote: Somewhere it's always 1972.

C
Robust

Postby C » 22 Feb 2011, 20:35

Carlsson wrote:
never/ever wrote:You don't know us. In fact this whole community don't want you to know us.
We are lepers. We are being shunned so, in turn, we shun them. We are the children in the attic. We are the eternal hibernators, shunning the daylight. We are being mocked, spat at, abused, all gathered here and thrown in this deep, deep well. Our hideous, disfigured bodies do not function, yet our centuries-old sharp minds are timeless. We are the Mystics, shamen of progressive music, wearers of capes, worship the Moog as a tabernacle and tub-thumpers are our saviours. We pray to the Power Of Yes and read the chapters of Genesis in our bibles. We silently congregate and through the combined powers of our oversized brains we leave these trails of progness, as a means to communicate with the outside world. Yet we remain hidden. But not silent.
And when our captors aren't looking we sometimes flip them the finger and post something here that is not prog. We laugh and smile in our beards and for one fleeting moment all is well within our worlds.

This still cracks me up.

*bump*

C
Robust

Postby C » 01 Mar 2011, 06:28

Carlsson wrote:
Carlsson wrote:

This still cracks me up.

*bump*

*bump*

Bungo the Mungo

Postby Bungo the Mungo » 25 Mar 2011, 18:26

*bump*

Return to “What goes on”