Other
17%

Total votes: 59

Goat Boy
Bogarting the joint

Re: Who are you going to vote for?

Postby Goat Boy » 08 Mar 2010, 19:52

the hanging monkey wrote:
Goat Boy wrote:Nah, sod that. I'd rather shag a leftie with a fanny like a wizards sleeve and breath like paintstripper then sleep with a Tory like Vorderman.

You wouldn't really, would you?

You've probably banged a few tories without knowing it.

well, no, probably not but I'm not sure I could live with the guilt afterwards. I once tried it on with a Christian fundamentalist but it didn't end well.
Griff wrote:The notion that Jeremy Corbyn, a lifelong vocal proponent of antisemitism, would stand in front of an antisemitic mural and commend it is utterly preposterous.

Copehead wrote:a right wing cretin like Berger....bleating about racism

the hanging monkey
can't be arsed

Postby the hanging monkey » 08 Mar 2010, 21:14

Goat Boy wrote:I once tried it on with a Christian fundamentalist but it didn't end well.

:lol: Ah well, that's different.

You should have went for a catholic lass, they're filthy :lol:
The Dríver wrote:We even have village idiots.

JQW

Postby JQW » 08 Mar 2010, 21:51

The prospective Conservative candidate for our constituency, the one whose been somewhat deceptive as to where he's actually from, has a letter in this week's copy of the local paper to try to claim his connection with the area which failed to answer directly any of the points put across. I suspect his only connection with the constituency is that he owns a holiday home here.
The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt. - Bertrand Russell

River Man
Beyond Help

Postby River Man » 08 Mar 2010, 22:20

Bloody hell! How bad do you have to be if George W Bush is worried about you winning an election?

http://www.guardian.co.uk/politics/2010/mar/08/george-bush-david-cameron-ireland
BCB fop

copehead
BCB Cup Stalinist

Postby copehead » 08 Mar 2010, 22:48

yomptepi wrote:
Copehead wrote:General Election 2005: Hitchin and Harpenden
Party Candidate Votes % ±%
Conservative Peter Lilley 23,627 49.9 +2.6
Liberal Democrat Hannah Hedges 12,234 25.8 +7.8
Labour Paul Orrett 10,499 22.2 -10.3
UKIP John Saunders 828 1.7 +0.4
Independent Edward Rigby 199 0.4 +0.4
Majority 11,393 24.0
Turnout 47,387 70.5 +3.6
Conservative hold

On that basis Lib Dem with zero hope of my vote meaning anything.

Some for of proportional representation is what we require even if it means suffering a cunt like Griffin in parliament.

Although I would be keen on putting the threshold to gain a seat somewhere just above the 1-2% that the far right get in this country

Altho as you are a non dom, your opinion counts for shit... :D

I am very much a Dom and pay all the tax required of me and I pay extra NI that I am not required to pay by law to cover the NHS and my state pension.

Although I will be moving to Belize and taking out a 30 year tax exemption like Ashcroft if they come after my income tax.
Moorcock, Moorcock, Michael Moorcock, you fervently moan.

Bear baiting & dog fights a speciality.

copehead
BCB Cup Stalinist

Postby copehead » 08 Mar 2010, 22:50

Moonfisher wrote:
Doctor Gonzo wrote:Carol Vorderman is awful isn't she. I find watching her almost unbearable, it's cringe-commedy - she reminds me of David Brent.

Indeed.

I still would though.

I suppose I would too.... but watching that performance and having allegiances to the Tory Party makes her more of a turn-OFF.

Shag her up the arse so she doesn't enjoy it so much.

A happy compromise

the hanging monkey
can't be arsed

Postby the hanging monkey » 08 Mar 2010, 22:52

Copehead wrote:
Shag her up the arse so she doesn't enjoy it so much.

A happy compromise

Or you could charge her for the pleasure.....free markets and all that.
The Dríver wrote:We even have village idiots.

Goat Boy
Bogarting the joint

Postby Goat Boy » 08 Mar 2010, 23:00

Copehead wrote:Shag her up the arse so she doesn't enjoy it so much.

A happy compromise

and who's to say Carol doesn't prefer it up the poop pipe, eh?
Griff wrote:The notion that Jeremy Corbyn, a lifelong vocal proponent of antisemitism, would stand in front of an antisemitic mural and commend it is utterly preposterous.

Goat Boy
Bogarting the joint

Postby Goat Boy » 08 Mar 2010, 23:00

Goat Boy wrote:I once tried it on with a Christian fundamentalist but it didn't end well.

:lol: Ah well, that's different.

You should have went for a catholic lass, they're filthy :lol:

Indeed my experienced friend

indeed

copehead
BCB Cup Stalinist

Postby copehead » 08 Mar 2010, 23:15

Goat Boy wrote:
Copehead wrote:Shag her up the arse so she doesn't enjoy it so much.

A happy compromise

and who's to say Carol doesn't prefer it up the poop pipe, eh?

The flaw in my plan, I hadn't thought of that

River Man
Beyond Help

Postby River Man » 09 Mar 2010, 09:49

River Man wrote:Bloody hell! How bad do you have to be if George W Bush is worried about you winning an election?

http://www.guardian.co.uk/politics/2010/mar/08/george-bush-david-cameron-ireland

There's more coming out about this story. It would be interesting to get Beebsy view. Is there a fear that a Tory government could scupper the power sharing deal in NI or is this a marginal issue. I can't see how such a partnership can help as the other parties will accuse the Tory government of bias.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/northern_ireland/8556804.stm
BCB fop

Belle Lettre
Éminence grise

Postby Belle Lettre » 09 Mar 2010, 11:02

What is this creeping Tory vote? Up to five now,yet only one has spoken out as far as I remember.

Mind you,what could you say? :D
Nikki Gradual wrote:
Get a fucking grip you narcissistic cretins.

Lemon Yoghourt

Postby Lemon Yoghourt » 09 Mar 2010, 11:07

Did anyone see Dispatches - "Cameron Uncovered" - last night?

River Man
Beyond Help

Postby River Man » 09 Mar 2010, 11:18

Rocky Bronzino wrote:Did anyone see Dispatches - "Cameron Uncovered" - last night?

Some of it. I just can't work out how so many years in the wilderness has led to such a pathetic wimp being their leader.
BCB fop

Lemon Yoghourt

Postby Lemon Yoghourt » 09 Mar 2010, 11:22

River Man wrote:
Rocky Bronzino wrote:Did anyone see Dispatches - "Cameron Uncovered" - last night?

Some of it. I just can't work out how so many years in the wilderness has led to such a pathetic wimp being their leader.

It was striking that Cameron had so little to say, given the platform this programme was providing.

River Man
Beyond Help

Postby River Man » 09 Mar 2010, 11:27

Rocky Bronzino wrote:
River Man wrote:

It was striking that Cameron had so little to say, given the platform this programme was providing.

I missed the bit where one of his team suggested Cameron's wife might vote Labour. If he has so little control over the message now what hope will he have when they reveal their true colours.
BCB fop

Beebsy

Postby Beebsy » 09 Mar 2010, 11:29

River Man wrote:
River Man wrote:Bloody hell! How bad do you have to be if George W Bush is worried about you winning an election?

There's more coming out about this story. It would be interesting to get Beebsy view. Is there a fear that a Tory government could scupper the power sharing deal in NI or is this a marginal issue. I can't see how such a partnership can help as the other parties will accuse the Tory government of bias.

The issue is more that the Conservatives know they need Unionist support in the event of a hung parliament. They also know that there are fewer people more conservative than old-style Unionists. So given that the Ulster Unionists are a party of rapidly-fading power and that there are Unionist voters that would never vote for the Democtatic Unionist Party (DUP), Northern Ireland is ripe to welcome the mainland Conservative party as an alternative to vote for.

Given that, the Conservatives are edging their way into Northern Ireland with an electoral pact with the UUP.

Regards Justice and Policing, the deal will go through regardless of whether the UUP vote in favour or not. The hope was that all parties would vote in favour of devolving the powers of policing and justice to the Northern Ireland Assembly from Westminster. This seems unrealistic to me - a true democracy does not need everyone to vote the same way.

Bush's intervention and that of others has done nothing more than back the UUP into a corner. They don't like being told what to do; they still imagine themselves to be a party of real power. Cameron will not intervene for exactly that reason - he can't afford to anger them.

It's an odd issue for Bush to choose to intervene in but I imagine that he was prompted to do so by the Conservatives to give the UUP an assurance that they are stilll a part of power. Cameron can publicly spurn what he may have privately prompted. The Unionists get their ego massaged, Cameron looks like a leader of moral stature and Bush is a disposable voice - well known enough to get attention but with no influence on the world outside his ranch.

Lemon Yoghourt

Postby Lemon Yoghourt » 09 Mar 2010, 11:38

River Man wrote:
Rocky Bronzino wrote:
River Man wrote:Some of it. I just can't work out how so many years in the wilderness has led to such a pathetic wimp being their leader.

I missed the bit where one of his team suggested Cameron's wife might vote Labour. If he has so little control over the message now what hope will he have when they reveal their true colours.

Ed Vaisey speculated that she may have voted for Blair in '97, or not voted at all. It has since been officially denied.

I thought the bit about society being different from the state was quite interesting, that the Tories would be looking to charities and other local organisations to plug the gap left by the smaller state. Strangely, they went onto say that these charities and organisations would not necessarily receive any public funding for this.

Most of the flagship policies - earlier cuts etc - were written off by Cameron's former politics lecturer.

River Man
Beyond Help

Postby River Man » 09 Mar 2010, 11:50

Beebsy wrote:
River Man wrote:

The issue is more that the Conservatives know they need Unionist support in the event of a hung parliament. They also know that there are fewer people more conservative than old-style Unionists. So given that the Ulster Unionists are a party of rapidly-fading power and that there are Unionist voters that would never vote for the Democtatic Unionist Party (DUP), Northern Ireland is ripe to welcome the mainland Conservative party as an alternative to vote for.

Given that, the Conservatives are edging their way into Northern Ireland with an electoral pact with the UUP.

Regards Justice and Policing, the deal will go through regardless of whether the UUP vote in favour or not. The hope was that all parties would vote in favour of devolving the powers of policing and justice to the Northern Ireland Assembly from Westminster. This seems unrealistic to me - a true democracy does not need everyone to vote the same way.

Bush's intervention and that of others has done nothing more than back the UUP into a corner. They don't like being told what to do; they still imagine themselves to be a party of real power. Cameron will not intervene for exactly that reason - he can't afford to anger them.

It's an odd issue for Bush to choose to intervene in but I imagine that he was prompted to do so by the Conservatives to give the UUP an assurance that they are stilll a part of power. Cameron can publicly spurn what he may have privately prompted. The Unionists get their ego massaged, Cameron looks like a leader of moral stature and Bush is a disposable voice - well known enough to get attention but with no influence on the world outside his ranch.

Do you really think Cameron has come out of this well? Does he look like a leader of moral stature or an opportunist who will do anything to get power? It looks to me like he is anything but a safe pair of hands to help guide the rest of the process. I'm sure the other parties are very suspicious of this special relationship. Just what will they agree to every time they need the UUP to support a Westminster policy. Even if they don't make backroom deals the other parties will suspect they have.
BCB fop

River Man
Beyond Help

Postby River Man » 09 Mar 2010, 11:51

Rocky Bronzino wrote:
I thought the bit about society being different from the state was quite interesting, that the Tories would be looking to charities and other local organisations to plug the gap left by the smaller state. Strangely, they went onto say that these charities and organisations would not necessarily receive any public funding for this.

Most of the flagship policies - earlier cuts etc - were written off by Cameron's former politics lecturer.

I thought the statement that Charities don't need money was interesting. :roll:
BCB fop

Return to “Nextdoorland”