Supergrass Vs The Manic Street Preachers

Backslapping time. Well done us. We are fantastic.

Vote once, vote now!

Supergrass
68%
The Manic Street Preachers.
32%

Total votes: 62

copehead
BCB Cup Stalinist

Re: Supergrass Vs The Manic Street Preachers

Postby copehead » 11 Aug 2009, 07:47

Clippernolan wrote:Wait. It's only 16 pages so far. We'll have to see if it beats the Charlie Harper thread. And the pics of selves threads - they're pretty long. Oh, and the Treasury of Mirth ones. What are they? Like, a fucken hundred pages, aren't they?

!

The rugby union thread is pushing 170 pages now and it is full of awesome
Dancing in the streets of Hyannis

Bear baiting & dog fights a speciality.

Nikki Gradual
nasty, brutish and short

Postby Nikki Gradual » 11 Aug 2009, 09:03

Copehead wrote:The rugby union thread is pushing 170 pages now and it is full of awesome

Well 2003 was good anyway. The rest is a bit shit.
"He's thrown a kettle over a pub; what have you done?"

Jumper k

Postby Jumper k » 11 Aug 2009, 10:03

Aren't the Manic Street Preachers brilliant? They come from Wales and have inviting valleys. I love the bangin' tunes and lots of words they use. I don't understand them but it don't matter. They might smell of sheep but I like lamb, mainly in kebabs. Aren't kebabs brilliant? You can get trolleyed and wake up with them in your hair and they still taste brilliant. BRILLIANT!

copehead
BCB Cup Stalinist

Postby copehead » 11 Aug 2009, 10:19

..........vere R is the coefficient of Richey Manic and zero the approximation of zee recent Zupergrass chart success.

Thus we are conclusively provink that zee manic Street Preachers are far more wunderbar than zee Zupergrass.

Evan Davis
Bard Behaviour

Postby Evan Davis » 11 Aug 2009, 10:25

Copehead wrote:I was just thinking how a perfectly good thread about why MSP are logically better than Supergrass has been ruined.

A dramatic turn of events in the Den. Overwhelmed by the sheer amount of reality TV hosts offering their opinions, Copehead has thrown the toys out of the pram. With no real investment other than a parrot and a second-hand Amstrad from Alan Sugar and a piece of chalk from Albert Einstein, Copehead leaves the den a defeated man.

So, tell me, Copehead, your pitch seemed to start well, you had the numbers to back your statements and seemed to have a strong belief in yourself. Where did it go wrong?

copehead
BCB Cup Stalinist

Postby copehead » 11 Aug 2009, 10:53

Evan Davis wrote:
Copehead wrote:I was just thinking how a perfectly good thread about why MSP are logically better than Supergrass has been ruined.

A dramatic turn of events in the Den. Overwhelmed by the sheer amount of reality TV hosts offering their opinions, Copehead has thrown the toys out of the pram. With no real investment other than a parrot and a second-hand Amstrad from Alan Sugar and a piece of chalk from Albert Einstein, Copehead leaves the den a defeated man.

So, tell me, Copehead, your pitch seemed to start well, you had the numbers to back your statements and seemed to have a strong belief in yourself. Where did it go wrong?

Cau de geg clustiau

The Modernist

Postby The Modernist » 11 Aug 2009, 10:59

Hello eveybody, Uri here.
I have been talking to my old friend Richey..in the cosmos. He is concerned about all the negative energy on this thread which is interfering with his psychic harmony. I am directing positive energy from my crystals in an attempt to get this thread back on track. Close your eyes, can you feel it ..yes, YES. Copehead you must stay strong in your devotion to The Manics and not allow the disbelievers to divert you. Richey is happy, he is doing the moonwalk in the spiritual realm with my good friend Michael. They are watching over you as your guardian angels and will help you win this thread, but you must accept their positive energy!
Peace to you all.

Geezee

Postby Geezee » 11 Aug 2009, 11:05

Fuck you Uri, now I'm going to carve "Uri's a twat" into my non-corporeal arm

Smilies are ON
Flash is OFF
Url is ON

The Modernist

Postby The Modernist » 11 Aug 2009, 11:10

You are not really Richey, I accuse you of being a false god sent by the dark ones! You will not break us. Right now Copehead and I are holding spoons and humming. That is stronger than anything you can throw at us.
Peace to you all.

Jumper k

Postby Jumper k » 11 Aug 2009, 12:04

Whooo! Mystifying Meg Here.
Listen to Uri. False Richeys are afoot, sent by the anti-Bradfields to contaminate the seance. There is no super grass on the other side. I think that says it all.
Now cross my palm with silver or I'll turn you into a newt.

atomic loonybin
ready for the house

Postby atomic loonybin » 11 Aug 2009, 12:42

Sam...Sam...what's that you're saying...there's a Richard, or Ricky here? Thank you Sam, god blesss ya...I KEEL YOU YOU FUCKING BITCH!!!...ooh, yes Ricky, you are upset...what's that...thank you Sam... I see a lot of water...and a train...and a pile of dog excremant...YOU BITCH...thank you Sam....

The Modernist

Postby The Modernist » 11 Aug 2009, 12:47

Hi David here

Copehead is quite right when he says we are living in the false consciousness of the matrix. We need to wake up and see reality for what it is before it is too late! Supergrass are the servants of the reptilean illuminati. Gaz Coombes is often seen living under rocks and lapping up some ants with his tongue and Danny Coffey is a well known fourth degree illuminati descended from the Rockefeller bloodline.
Does my bum look big in this purple tracksuit?

Jumper k

Postby Jumper k » 11 Aug 2009, 13:14

Someone mention the Matrix?
Fuck the reptilian illuminati.
We need guns, lots of guns.
Then we can frag those motherfuckers from Oxford into oblivion. After all Nicky Wire leads into the real Matrix.

Penk!
Midnight to Six Man

Postby Penk! » 11 Aug 2009, 13:19

;

!

fange wrote:One of the things i really dislike in this life is people raising their voices in German.

Heilan Coo
The Communist Charles Hawtrey

Postby Heilan Coo » 11 Aug 2009, 14:06

Couldn't have put it better myself, ; my old son.
savoirfaire wrote:They are extremely cuddly, to the point where I think I was literally molested by a few of them. I completely understand how the farmer-goat relationships must happen.

Billybob Dylan
Bonehead

Postby Billybob Dylan » 11 Aug 2009, 14:10

Dr Modernist wrote:Image

Hello eveybody, Uri here.
I have been talking to my old friend Richey..in the cosmos. He is concerned about all the negative energy on this thread which is interfering with his psychic harmony. I am directing positive energy from my crystals in an attempt to get this thread back on track. Close your eyes, can you feel it ..yes, YES. Copehead you must stay strong in your devotion to The Manics and not allow the disbelievers to divert you. Richey is happy, he is doing the moonwalk in the spiritual realm with my good friend Michael. They are watching over you as your guardian angels and will help you win this thread, but you must accept their positive energy!
Peace to you all.

You fucker! All the teaspoons in the kitchen drawer are bent!
"I've been reduced to thruppence!"

Nikki Gradual
nasty, brutish and short

Postby Nikki Gradual » 11 Aug 2009, 14:30

Ok folks, look here's the deal. My names is James Randi and I am the scourge of the hucksters and grifters who prey on an unsuspecting and sadly stupid public to make a quick million bucks or so. Hey! All these dudes have to do to make a quick million bucks is prove to me beyond scientific conjecture that what they're doing is on the level. Hey, but guess what: they can't. And why can't they? Because they are THIEVES AND CHARLATANS and their only purpose is to get public exposure which allows me to get public exposure and allows me to raise like millions and millions from the unsuspecting and sadly stupid public for the James Randi Foundation. This foundation does a lot of good. Recently it built an olympic sized swimming pool on a huge estate: my estate.
Anyway, so as you good folks don't get drawn in and ripped off by these THIEVES AND CHARLATANS, here's what you gotta do. Have a look at their credentials:
Uri Geller: has big sofa, supported Reading Soccer Club and psychically willed them into the Premier Division of Soccerness. Or rather his didn't. Only as soon as Uri Geller stopped willing Reading Soccer Club into the Premier Soccer Division did Reading achieve the feat. Friend of Michael Jackson (in the same way as Eugene Landy is a friend of Brian Wilson).
Mystic Meg: shit reporter on the United Kingdom's The Sun newspaper who filled in for the astrologer person and ended up making a career out of being a Rick Wakeman lookalike.
Marcel Marceauxxxx: don't trust this guy, he don't talk enough. Pol Pot didn't talk much either. QED
Keanu Reeves: not a bona fide psychic. Not a bona fide actor.
David Ikea: this guy is interesting being as he was a soccer star for Coventry City, once of the biggest soccer teams in the world. Actually he isn't.
The other people I don't know, but you can be damned sure of one thing: they are all THIEVES AND CHARLATANS!
Not one of these dudes can "feel" whether Supergrass or the Manic Street Preachers was the better band, only science can prove that conclusively. And here's how in my patented Randi Three-Steps-To-Prove-Anything theory. You look at the chart positions and add them up so that they make sense a bit by awarding more points for a higher chart position (otherwise bands that had never charted, like say Abba, would be the best), then you subract a factor of 10 from that score for Welshness if you are not from Welshpool and add a factor of 10 if you are Welshist, then you listen to their records and decide whether any of them had the qualities to make them premierist soccer players. The one with the most soccr playing and bike riding in their videos is clearly the more talented and anyone who tries to tell you otherwise is clearly a THIEF AND A CHARLATAN.

Minnie the Minx
funky thigh collector

Postby Minnie the Minx » 11 Aug 2009, 14:39

Hi! I'm Peter Sutcliffe. I don't have much of an opinion on either band, but would seek advice about which band are the most suited for easy listening whilst driving a lorry?
You come at the Queen, you best not miss.

Dr Markus wrote:
Someone in your line of work usually as their own man cave aka the shed we're they can potter around fixing stuff or something don't they?

Flower wrote:I just did a google search.

Nikki Gradual
nasty, brutish and short

Postby Nikki Gradual » 11 Aug 2009, 14:46

Hello,
I am Sonia Sutcliffe and for a one-off fee of £600,000 I will sell you the exclusive story of what it was like spending 20 years living with the sort of horrific human fiend who has never heard of Supergrass (or, to a lesser extent, the other ones).

copehead
BCB Cup Stalinist

Postby copehead » 11 Aug 2009, 14:50

Nikki Gradual wrote:Image

Ok folks, look here's the deal. My names is James Randi and I am the scourge of the hucksters and grifters who prey on an unsuspecting and sadly stupid public to make a quick million bucks or so. Hey! All these dudes have to do to make a quick million bucks is prove to me beyond scientific conjecture that what they're doing is on the level. Hey, but guess what: they can't. And why can't they? Because they are THIEVES AND CHARLATANS and their only purpose is to get public exposure which allows me to get public exposure and allows me to raise like millions and millions from the unsuspecting and sadly stupid public for the James Randi Foundation. This foundation does a lot of good. Recently it built an olympic sized swimming pool on a huge estate: my estate.
Anyway, so as you good folks don't get drawn in and ripped off by these THIEVES AND CHARLATANS, here's what you gotta do. Have a look at their credentials:
Uri Geller: has big sofa, supported Reading Soccer Club and psychically willed them into the Premier Division of Soccerness. Or rather his didn't. Only as soon as Uri Geller stopped willing Reading Soccer Club into the Premier Soccer Division did Reading achieve the feat. Friend of Michael Jackson (in the same way as Eugene Landy is a friend of Brian Wilson).
Mystic Meg: shit reporter on the United Kingdom's The Sun newspaper who filled in for the astrologer person and ended up making a career out of being a Rick Wakeman lookalike.
Marcel Marceauxxxx: don't trust this guy, he don't talk enough. Pol Pot didn't talk much either. QED
Keanu Reeves: not a bona fide psychic. Not a bona fide actor.
David Ikea: this guy is interesting being as he was a soccer star for Coventry City, once of the biggest soccer teams in the world. Actually he isn't.
The other people I don't know, but you can be damned sure of one thing: they are all THIEVES AND CHARLATANS!
Not one of these dudes can "feel" whether Supergrass or the Manic Street Preachers was the better band, only science can prove that conclusively. And here's how in my patented Randi Three-Steps-To-Prove-Anything theory. You look at the chart positions and add them up so that they make sense a bit by awarding more points for a higher chart position (otherwise bands that had never charted, like say Abba, would be the best), then you subract a factor of 10 from that score for Welshness if you are not from Welshpool and add a factor of 10 if you are Welshist, then you listen to their records and decide whether any of them had the qualities to make them premierist soccer players. The one with the most soccr playing and bike riding in their videos is clearly the more talented and anyone who tries to tell you otherwise is clearly a THIEF AND A CHARLATAN.

Then that proves it, Nicky Wire captained the under 15s at soccer for Wales and had the offer of a trial at Arsenal ergo the MSP are better than Supergrass.

I'm glad that is finally cleared up

Return to “Classic Threads & Treasury of Mirth”