Group hug - the remix.

Backslapping time. Well done us. We are fantastic.
Carl's Son
Grade A Shitpipe

Postby Carl's Son » 09 May 2006, 23:56

1. I am writing this list to put off finishing an essay.

2. I've spent the past year longing for uni to end and now i have to get a proper job I still have no idea what I want to do and I'm terrified.

3. About a year and a half ago I won a local young poets competition.

4. I haven't written a poem since.

5. I think i may be very ill but...

6. I am not signed up with a dr and getting signed up is such a fiddle that I've not yet seen anyone.

7. I can still only play Mull of Kintyre and the two 'songs' I have written. They make me happy.

9. At 21, I am also still a virgin.

10. I love food. Love it. I've just had a pizza followed by a chocolate donut but I saw a cornetto ad and now i want one of them too. I often eat until I feel sick. I love food! :)
I can just about handle you driving like a pissed up crackhead and treating women like beanbags but I'm gonna say this once and once only Gene, stay out of Camberwick Green!

www.chrischopping.virb.com

http://thatidiotchrischopping.blogspot.com

The Prof
Trading coffee in Abyssinia

Postby The Prof » 09 May 2006, 23:58

Chris Chopping wrote:6. I am not signed up with a dr and getting signed up is such a fiddle that I've not yet seen anyone.

It's easy. DO IT.

The Slider
Self-Aggrandising Cock

Postby The Slider » 09 May 2006, 23:59

None More Black wrote: It would be very comforting to believe in one of the major religions. But I don't. Arsenal FC don't count.

God, it appears, would beg to differ.
Complete Ramones Mp3 set on its way

The Modernist

Postby The Modernist » 09 May 2006, 23:59

The Prof wrote:
Chris Chopping wrote:6. I am not signed up with a dr and getting signed up is such a fiddle that I've not yet seen anyone.

It's easy. DO IT.

I've not bothered either.

The Prof

Postby The Prof » 10 May 2006, 00:02

Archbishop Modernist! wrote:
The Prof wrote:

It's easy. DO IT.

I've not bothered either.

Well if there's something wrong with you that you don't know about, you're just building up trouble for the future. I mean it.

Carl's Son
Grade A Shitpipe

Postby Carl's Son » 10 May 2006, 00:03

The Prof wrote:

It's easy. DO IT.

Tisn't easy at all. I tried to speak to someone on the phone with a number that the student services bods gave me but it was an automated service for me to leave an address. I did that and they sent me a list of local gps surgeries to contact. I don't know where any of them are. The street names are unknown to me so i dunno which ones to contact and they can refuse people. Plus i lost the bit of paper. plus doctors are scary.
I can just about handle you driving like a pissed up crackhead and treating women like beanbags but I'm gonna say this once and once only Gene, stay out of Camberwick Green!

Carl's Son
Grade A Shitpipe

Postby Carl's Son » 10 May 2006, 00:04

neverknows wrote:
The Prof wrote:

It's easy. DO IT.

If only 6 was 9…

:lol:

The Prof

Postby The Prof » 10 May 2006, 00:08

Chris Chopping wrote:they sent me a list of local gps surgeries to contact. I don't know where any of them are. The street names are unknown to me so i dunno which ones to contact and they can refuse people. Plus i lost the bit of paper. plus doctors are scary.

Pathetic!

When you die of some body/function disease or virus don't come running to me. That's all I'm saying.

Carl's Son
Grade A Shitpipe

Postby Carl's Son » 10 May 2006, 00:10

I wont. I do intend to get checked out. I just have shit organisational skills and I've had a lot on my plate recently.

The Prof

Postby The Prof » 10 May 2006, 00:11

Chris Chopping wrote:I've had a lot on my plate recently.

Obesity is just the start of it. I hope it was 5 portions of fruit & veg

dgs

Postby dgs » 10 May 2006, 00:14

The Prof wrote:

friut and veg is for poofs.

deep fry everything, its the recipe for success.
I'm a panic depressive and suffer from manic attacks. :(

The Slider
Self-Aggrandising Cock

Postby The Slider » 10 May 2006, 00:29

dgs wrote:
The Prof wrote:

friut and veg is for poofs.

deep fry everything, its the recipe for success.

I would have thought that, as a Scotchie, you would be quite well aware of the possibilities for deep frying fruit and vegetables.
Complete Ramones Mp3 set on its way

Penk!
Midnight to Six Man

Postby Penk! » 10 May 2006, 00:48

Chris Chopping wrote:10. I love food. Love it. I've just had a pizza followed by a chocolate donut but I saw a cornetto ad and now i want one of them too. I often eat until I feel sick. I love food!

What kind of a fucking student are you?
fange wrote:One of the things i really dislike in this life is people raising their voices in German.

The Prof

Postby The Prof » 10 May 2006, 00:49

Penk wrote:
Chris Chopping wrote:10. I love food. Love it. I've just had a pizza followed by a chocolate donut but I saw a cornetto ad and now i want one of them too. I often eat until I feel sick. I love food!

Not as shit as you, obviously.

Carl's Son
Grade A Shitpipe

Postby Carl's Son » 10 May 2006, 00:50

Penk wrote:

It was only a very cheap pizza and I scrounged the donut off somebody else.

marios

Postby marios » 10 May 2006, 02:09

THE GOOD:

1. Happy with my job(s).
2. I just realised that at 28 i've known my best friends for more than half my life. They often drive me crazy but i'm not the type to stay mad or keep a grudge.
3. My summer holidays are only a few weeks away and i'll be free to sit on my arse and do nothing all day for 3 months (well, apart from #5 below, hopefully). I know i'm gonna get bored out of my head after the first couple of weeks, but i'm still looking forward to it. IT'S WORLD CUP SUMMER EVERYONE!!! WOOHOO!!!
4. I still have a fear of dying/aging but i think about it much much less these days. I see things much more optimistically because of this. It used to be a real mindfuck for me.
5. I feel confident that i will finally start jogging/exercising this summer. I even bought an ipod nano for further motivation. I hate how tired and lazy i feel at only 28 and i hope this newfound desire to release some lactic acid is the kick in the nuts i've been waiting for to start working on the problem i've put in bold below.

THE BAD:

I was gonna do the list thing but then i realised that for me it all boils down to this:

I know the solutions to all my problems yet i choose not to do anything about it.

It all started out of simple laziness but has evolved into a way of life.

& THE UGLY:

Diamond Dog
"Self Quoter" Extraordinaire.

Postby Diamond Dog » 10 May 2006, 05:49

Just so we don't forget...............

Diamond Dog wrote:As it's so damn quiet in here recently, I slipped into "Classic Threads" and read the whole of the "Group Hugs" thread. The one where we were asked to list ten random facts about ourselves. Anything you wanted, as long as it was about you.

Well, a year on, I think we could do with another go at it.
Nicotine, valium, vicadin, marijuana, ecstasy, and alcohol -
Cocaine

Chestnuts roasting on an open Fireplug

Postby Chestnuts roasting on an open Fireplug » 10 May 2006, 09:43

Okay:

1) Having recently rediscovered motorcycling, I have realised that I enjoy it more than any other activity in my life, and deeply regret stopping for several years.

2) I have lost all my desire to create or perform music. Whether this is temporary and caused by boredom/lack of co-performers or a more lasting change remains to be seen.

3) Although I have no doubts about my forthcoming marriage, I still find the idea that I might never again sleep with another woman to be extremely strange.

4) My job is going extremely well in the short-term but I know that it is not a career and I am occasionally concerned that I ought to be doing something more fulfilling at this stage in my life. I have several positive character traits and, perhaps fed by a diet of comic books in my formative years, feel that I should perhaps be doing something good for the world.

5) I am perfectly capable of making bold moves, drastic changes and brave choices to pursue my dreams. Unfortunately, I don't have any dreams these days - I seem to just surf along on the waves that life brings me.

6) The great contradiction of my life is that I am extremely demanding of myself yet find sustained effort in any area extremely difficult, thus dooming myself to repeated failure. I cannot break this cycle.

7) I have too many interests to be an expert at any of them.

8) I have very few friends, but tend to keep the ones I have for life.

9) I wasted years trying to be a tough guy, but my life has improved more since I started trying to be a nice guy.

10) I'm not half as clever as some people think I am.

11) I think more people would enjoy eating offal, if only they ate it cooked properly.

Velvis
Mellowed down easy

Postby Velvis » 10 May 2006, 10:04

1. I know she's the Queen of Deceit and Lies, but dammit, I find Condoleeza Rice sexy.

2. I'm depressed right now. I'm up and down, and I try to focus on the ups, but there are a lot of downs.

3. If your goal is not to be a hypocrite, after awhile you have nothing to say about anything.

4. My son is my best buddy.

5. My county is mismanaged and broke. So if I want to keep my public defender gig, I have to resign myself to working more and getting paid less.

6. I hate represententing fucking crazy people.

7. My son is a nice guy. God, nice guy take a lot of shit from assholes!

8. I'm sick of winter. I want to move to a warmer climate.

9. My daughter's laughter can really pick me up when I'm down. Also, she draws hilarious pictures.

10. On the upside, mainstream comic book are better now than they have ever been.
a gibbon running freely

Martial Lawniz
BCB Troll

Postby Martial Lawniz » 10 May 2006, 14:26

Velvis wrote:3. If your goal is not to be a hypocrite, after awhile you have nothing to say about anything.

If there were a Treasury of Wisdom, this would go straight in.
I was eating Strawberry. Hello.

Return to “Classic Threads & Treasury of Mirth”