Utter Cad

Postby Butch Manly » 26 Mar 2006, 17:24

The Prof wrote:
Diamond Dog wrote:I'm really not knocking Ben

I am!

It's a sham! :x

can we have this on the bitter recriminations thread, please? :roll:
Goatboy to Belle:

"I suggest you retreat to the safety of your Facebook bubble. Griff has a post he needs you to like."

NMB

Postby NMB » 26 Mar 2006, 20:20

Well I'm happy just to have got this far. After all, the quarter finals is as far as Arsenal ever get in the European Cup, so obviously it's the most stylish point to bow out of a competition. You sad obsessives can battle for the last four meaningless places.

I would like to echo all the thanks to Ben for his hard work and to say that I've had a lot of fun. I do think though that the results would have been different if we could have heard people's choices instead of being limited to voting just for what we already know. I'm sure a lot of good stuff in the opening rounds got unjustly overlooked because of that. I look forward to hearing as many of the unknown (to me) choices as I can and I expect to discover some excellent new (to me) music. Hurrah!
turn on, tune in, nod off

Matty Red Sox
Shameless Canonist
Location: from NYC and happy to be in Hiroshima, hated Jakarta

Postby Matty Red Sox » 28 Mar 2006, 02:25

I'm out - oh well. At least it was close in the end. I also have to give shout outs to the guys that I beat in the earlier rounds.

Beating Goldwax in the beginning was a thrill - because it was a great list and people gave massive props to both, which made me feel as if my list was truly worthy...

Beating modernist was also memorable, for the kind words that he said - and I hope that you've checked out Pills by now!

Then there was Snarfyguy - putting the NY'ers up against each other - well I wish that he'd have gone further.

NOW REGARDING RAIN and HELP YOU ANN - screw those of you that didn't vote for me because of the frequency of these two songs popping up, I had them on my list first - it was the first list to name both songs in the first round - and they are great songs, and would be on my list again.
the Eagles suck.

Strider

Postby Strider » 28 Mar 2006, 06:21

Matty Red Sox wrote:I'm out - oh well. At least it was close in the end. I also have to give shout outs to the guys that I beat in the earlier rounds.

Beating Goldwax in the beginning was a thrill - because it was a great list and people gave massive props to both, which made me feel as if my list was truly worthy...

Beating modernist was also memorable, for the kind words that he said - and I hope that you've checked out Pills by now!

Then there was Snarfyguy - putting the NY'ers up against each other - well I wish that he'd have gone further.

NOW REGARDING RAIN and HELP YOU ANN - screw those of you that didn't vote for me because of the frequency of these two songs popping up, I had them on my list first - it was the first list to name both songs in the first round - and they are great songs, and would be on my list again.

I agree...as I have said...a great song is a great song no matter how many times its played, listed, or talked about. IMO Rain and Help You Ann are great songs. 'Nuff said.

Snarfyguy
Dominated by the Obscure

Postby Snarfyguy » 28 Mar 2006, 20:53

Matty Red Sox wrote:Then there was Snarfyguy - putting the NY'ers up against each other - well I wish that he'd have gone further.

Was that Round 3? I thought that might have been you.

Well played.
Jimbo wrote:Look, all I know is pretty much what I get from Robert Parry over at Consortium News.

beenieman

Postby beenieman » 29 Mar 2006, 03:48

Walk In My Shadow wrote:Jeff K still in? I think he's buying his votes. :twisted:

Mine's for sale.

Butch Manly
Utter Cad

Postby Butch Manly » 03 Apr 2006, 23:09

Jan Tapioca of Hesselink wrote:Semi-finalists are....

Strider
Jeff k
John Coan
The Right Summery Profile

finalists are strider and jeff k, then. :shock:
Goatboy to Belle:

"I suggest you retreat to the safety of your Facebook bubble. Griff has a post he needs you to like."

The Prof
Composing a revolutionary symphony

Postby The Prof » 04 Apr 2006, 13:42

John Motson the Hoople wrote:finalists are strider and jeff k, then. :shock:

How does he manage it?

Matty Red Sox
Shameless Canonist
Location: from NYC and happy to be in Hiroshima, hated Jakarta

Postby Matty Red Sox » 06 Apr 2006, 11:44

The Prof wrote:
John Motson the Hoople wrote:finalists are strider and jeff k, then. :shock:

How does he manage it?

Mind control...he does it through the sequencing of the songs.
the Eagles suck.