Hardly Strictly Bluegrass October 1,2,3rd 2010

Events people say they're coming to until a day or so before the event.
Nolamike

Re: Hardly Strictly Bluegrass October 1,2,3rd 2010

Postby Nolamike » 28 Sep 2010, 15:42

Count Machuki wrote:*questions the sanity of leading his life according to the teachings of Nolamike*

:roll:

Fine, see if I care. Don't come crying to me, though, when you realize my advice was good!
Sir John Coan wrote:Nolamike is speaking nothing but sense here.

Loki wrote:Mike is Hookfinger's shill.

Count Machuki
BCB Cup Champion 2013

Postby Count Machuki » 28 Sep 2010, 15:51

Nolamike wrote:
Count Machuki wrote:*questions the sanity of leading his life according to the teachings of Nolamike*

:roll:

Fine, see if I care. Don't come crying to me, though, when you realize my advice was good!

:lol:

Picture your average opera patron.
Then picture me somewhere between the "hey-what's-up" and the "this-right-here-is-the-guy" phases of drunkedness.
It would be messy, man.

:)
Let U be the set of all united sets, K be the set of the kids and D be the set of things divided.
Then it follows that ∀ k ∈ K: K ∈ U ⇒ k ∉ D

sloopjohnc

Postby sloopjohnc » 28 Sep 2010, 15:54

Nolamike wrote:
Count Machuki wrote:Though I have a big interview the next day so I'll be drinking at half-capacity.

For a post-college thing - shouldn't write the name, but I'll say it starts with "Teach" and ends with "For America," I had to go to an eight-hour group interview session. Me and another guy were convinced we had both bombed the morning session, and had three beers each at lunch - just enough to get us a bit tipsy. I think it relaxed us just the right amount, because we each returned for the afternoon session, and were both accepted to the program. :lol:

So, moral of the story - get shitfaced on Sunday night, and keep drinking through the interview - they'll love ya!

Nothing says "professional" like the smell of alcohol oozing from your pores during an interview.

From my own experience, whiskey gives off a faintly sweet smell, that when mixed with deodorant, is pretty intoxicating.
Don't fake the funk on a nasty dunk!

sloopjohnc

Postby sloopjohnc » 29 Sep 2010, 04:54

T. Willy Rye wrote:Would anybody be up for a brunch on Sat. morning?

Ya know, the festival starts at 11 and if you don't get there early, it gets hairy. That's probably going to drive off Six String, but I'm sure he's aware.

Six String

Postby Six String » 29 Sep 2010, 17:54

Minnie the Minx wrote:Six String, Slangking, any word of your attendance? Would be fabulous to see you. And Eric, wherefore art thou?

I turned in a request to switch work days with someone else so it's basically a go although I haven't gotten the official word from my manager yet. Since both work days are being covered it should be slam dunk so that would mean I am free on Saturday. I've got to figure out and buy my train ticket to town. No way I'm driving to the city on Saturday. I might be able to hang a little after the music but it'll depend on train schedule and the last one out is not that late at night. I'll be traveling solo as well. Beca has Nanna duty.
Everything is broken
B. Dylan

BARON CORNY DOG
Diamond Geezer

Postby BARON CORNY DOG » 29 Sep 2010, 18:05

Excellent! Hasta Sabado!
take5_d_shorterer wrote:If John Bonham simply didn't listen to enough Tommy Johnson or Blind Willie Mctell, that's his doing.

Six String

Postby Six String » 29 Sep 2010, 18:47

Ok, train ticket purchased. I'll be arriving at the Ferry Bldg. at about 9:55. If I can catch a nearby bus that leaves at 10:08 I will be at the park (25th and Fulton) at 11:00am.

I have to be back at the Ferry Bldg. to catch the 8:25 pm bus to the train so that should give me a little time to hang out after the music.
Everything is broken
B. Dylan

Minnie the Minx
funky thigh collector

Postby Minnie the Minx » 29 Sep 2010, 19:33

Nice one Les!
You come at the Queen, you best not miss.

Dr Markus wrote:
Someone in your line of work usually as their own man cave aka the shed we're they can potter around fixing stuff or something don't they?

Flower wrote:I just did a google search.

sloopjohnc

Postby sloopjohnc » 29 Sep 2010, 20:19

Six String wrote:Ok, train ticket purchased. I'll be arriving at the Ferry Bldg. at about 9:55. If I can catch a nearby bus that leaves at 10:08 I will be at the park (25th and Fulton) at 11:00am.

I have to be back at the Ferry Bldg. to catch the 8:25 pm bus to the train so that should give me a little time to hang out after the music.

Just an idea, but why don't I pick you and Dave up and we can head over to the park from there?

I'm a really safe driver in the city. Just ask Carolyn.

Minnie the Minx
funky thigh collector

Postby Minnie the Minx » 29 Sep 2010, 20:26

sloopjohnc wrote:
Six String wrote:Ok, train ticket purchased. I'll be arriving at the Ferry Bldg. at about 9:55. If I can catch a nearby bus that leaves at 10:08 I will be at the park (25th and Fulton) at 11:00am.

Just an idea, but why don't I pick you and Dave up and we can head over to the park from there?

And if you all leave your phones turned on you can co-ordinate with me and Baron about meeting y'all there 8-)

Dr Markus wrote:
Someone in your line of work usually as their own man cave aka the shed we're they can potter around fixing stuff or something don't they?

sloopjohnc

Postby sloopjohnc » 29 Sep 2010, 20:34

Minnie the Minx wrote:
sloopjohnc wrote:

And if you all leave your phones turned on you can co-ordinate with me and Baron about meeting y'all there 8-)

Don't look at me!

You better play it safe and get Dave's and Les's.

But I'm sure you already thought of that.

BARON CORNY DOG
Diamond Geezer

Postby BARON CORNY DOG » 29 Sep 2010, 22:53

My number hasn't changed since The last time people needed it (May), but pm me if you need it again (or never had it).
take5_d_shorterer wrote:If John Bonham simply didn't listen to enough Tommy Johnson or Blind Willie Mctell, that's his doing.

Six String

Postby Six String » 29 Sep 2010, 23:43

I've got Baron's cell number and I've just pm'd John about trasportation. That would be great and a little faster. I'd hate to miss Kelly Willis which is at 11:00. I wanted to see her back in May in Austin but too much was going on.
Everything is broken
B. Dylan

sloopjohnc

Postby sloopjohnc » 29 Sep 2010, 23:51

Six String wrote:I've got Baron's cell number and I've just pm'd John about trasportation. That would be great and a little faster. I'd hate to miss Kelly Willis which is at 11:00. I wanted to see her back in May in Austin but too much was going on.

I just want to find a fucking parking place. That's why I want to get there early.

Six String

Postby Six String » 30 Sep 2010, 00:37

sloopjohnc wrote:
Six String wrote:I've got Baron's cell number and I've just pm'd John about trasportation. That would be great and a little faster. I'd hate to miss Kelly Willis which is at 11:00. I wanted to see her back in May in Austin but too much was going on.

I just want to find a fucking parking place. That's why I want to get there early.

Can't blame you on that front. Didn't you say you found a good place last year?
Everything is broken
B. Dylan

Minnie the Minx
funky thigh collector

Postby Minnie the Minx » 30 Sep 2010, 01:36

we just checked the weather forecast, sloop was correct - a - mundo. It's going to be spectacular.

Dr Markus wrote:

Six String

Postby Six String » 30 Sep 2010, 03:44

I'm starting to get excited!
Everything is broken
B. Dylan

T. Willy Rye
Spinner of crazy fuck-ass shit

Postby T. Willy Rye » 30 Sep 2010, 15:08

I think I can hang out for a few hours on Saturday. I hope to arrive around 11 or 12. I will take cell #s.

I definitely want to see Richard Thompson, other than that I'm pretty flexible.

Six String

Postby Six String » 30 Sep 2010, 17:33

My list of artists to hear are partly chosen for logistic reasons so I'm prone to be at The Arrow and the Rooster stage but I could be persuaded to catch R.T. if the crowd situation allows. I haven't seen him in a couple of years and he never disappoints me.
Everything is broken
B. Dylan

sloopjohnc

Postby sloopjohnc » 30 Sep 2010, 19:40

Six String wrote:My list of artists to hear are partly chosen for logistic reasons so I'm prone to be at The Arrow and the Rooster stage but I could be persuaded to catch R.T. if the crowd situation allows. I haven't seen him in a couple of years and he never disappoints me.

If we're there early, the Rooster Stage is the nicest to pull up a seat. It's in a little valley or gully, as it were with trees on either side.

The Arrow Stage is probably the next least populated stage, or kinda has been, and is on a flat field. Because it's bigger than Rooster and people can virtually spread out 'til the end of a field, it's kinda hard to gauge how far away we'd be. At that time, we'd probably be okay.

They're close to each other though.

Dave's a wild man at these things and pings all over the park. Last year, I was hung over like a dog from my high school reunion and hardly left my spot except to look for a certain woman from Lancashire (although she's dubious, I'm sure).

I'll bring some lawn chair and if we want to lug 'em around we can. One year, Dave and I just ditched them back at the car when we knew we'd be going mobile.

Return to “Footy Ups”