Hardly Strictly Bluegrass October 1,2,3rd 2010

Events people say they're coming to until a day or so before the event.
User avatar
Minnie Cheddars
funky thigh collector
Posts: 29667
Joined: 29 Dec 2006, 16:00
Location: In the naughty North and in the sexy South

Re: Hardly Strictly Bluegrass October 1,2,3rd 2010

Postby Minnie Cheddars » 21 Aug 2015, 03:52

What a great weekend this was.
You come at the Queen, you best not miss.

Dr Markus wrote:
Someone in your line of work usually as their own man cave aka the shed we're they can potter around fixing stuff or something don't they?

User avatar
toomanyhatz
Power-mad king of the WCC
Posts: 27529
Joined: 07 Apr 2005, 00:01
Location: Just east of where Charlie Parker went to do some relaxin'

Re: Hardly Strictly Bluegrass October 1,2,3rd 2010

Postby toomanyhatz » 21 Aug 2015, 04:03

I hope we'll make it there again. For the 2nd year in a row, we're not going, mainly for financial reasons. But also 'cause it gets more and more out of hand every year.

I do miss it, though. Should we make a plan for 2016?
Jimbo wrote:My point is to save the world from WWIII.

Jimbo wrote:Trump is right. The collusion conspiracy theory has been debunked and you seem to refuse to look at the evidence.

1959 1963 1965 1966 1974 1977 1978 1981 1988 2017 2018!!

User avatar
Minnie Cheddars
funky thigh collector
Posts: 29667
Joined: 29 Dec 2006, 16:00
Location: In the naughty North and in the sexy South

Re: Hardly Strictly Bluegrass October 1,2,3rd 2010

Postby Minnie Cheddars » 21 Aug 2015, 04:22

toomanyhatz wrote:I hope we'll make it there again. For the 2nd year in a row, we're not going, mainly for financial reasons. But also 'cause it gets more and more out of hand every year.

I do miss it, though. Should we make a plan for 2016?


Maybe we should you know. We'll be in the UK during this year's but I would love to go back. When you say out of hand, what do you mean? Busy?
You come at the Queen, you best not miss.

Dr Markus wrote:
Someone in your line of work usually as their own man cave aka the shed we're they can potter around fixing stuff or something don't they?

User avatar
toomanyhatz
Power-mad king of the WCC
Posts: 27529
Joined: 07 Apr 2005, 00:01
Location: Just east of where Charlie Parker went to do some relaxin'

Re: Hardly Strictly Bluegrass October 1,2,3rd 2010

Postby toomanyhatz » 21 Aug 2015, 04:38

Yeah, absurdly crowded. I mean, even more so. Though adding that back stage helped. The last couple of times we mostly hung out there.
Jimbo wrote:My point is to save the world from WWIII.

Jimbo wrote:Trump is right. The collusion conspiracy theory has been debunked and you seem to refuse to look at the evidence.

1959 1963 1965 1966 1974 1977 1978 1981 1988 2017 2018!!

User avatar
sloopjohnc
Posts: 63778
Joined: 03 Jun 2004, 20:12

Re: Hardly Strictly Bluegrass October 1,2,3rd 2010

Postby sloopjohnc » 12 Oct 2015, 18:31

Didn't see this - I didn't go this year because I had to do other stuff. I did go for a day in 2014, and while the crowds were huge, the event holders seemed to have gotten a better hold on guiding people around. I did stay at the less popular stages, but we did see Lucinda Williams and the Blasters last year, who were popular artists to see.
Don't fake the funk on a nasty dunk!