Lisbon, June 8-19

Events people say they're coming to until a day or so before the event.
User avatar
Quaco
F R double E
Posts: 47084
Joined: 16 Jul 2003, 19:41

Lisbon, June 8-19

Postby Quaco » 01 Jun 2017, 02:34

I'll be there with some time to kill, as Lady Q is working during those days. Is anybody nearby?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

User avatar
echolalia
Posts: 4619
Joined: 21 Jul 2006, 02:23
Location: Way Out West

Re: Lisbon, June 8-19

Postby echolalia » 01 Jun 2017, 23:08

I'm just outside Lisbon, in Sintra. It would be great to meet you!

User avatar
Quaco
F R double E
Posts: 47084
Joined: 16 Jul 2003, 19:41

Re: Lisbon, June 8-19

Postby Quaco » 02 Jun 2017, 00:27

Yes, sounds great! I'll get in touch when I get settled. Still don't know the details, which hotel, or anything really.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

sloopjohnc
Posts: 63921
Joined: 03 Jun 2004, 20:12

Re: Lisbon, June 8-19

Postby sloopjohnc » 03 Jun 2017, 16:56

Just look for the lanky, blonde California guy wearing a cravat
Don't fake the funk on a nasty dunk!

User avatar
Quaco
F R double E
Posts: 47084
Joined: 16 Jul 2003, 19:41

Re: Lisbon, June 8-19

Postby Quaco » 05 Jun 2017, 03:40

Lanky? You must be looking at an old picture.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

User avatar
Quaco
F R double E
Posts: 47084
Joined: 16 Jul 2003, 19:41

Re: Lisbon, June 8-19

Postby Quaco » 15 Jun 2017, 16:44

OK, not the greatest picture but can anyone guess what we were trying for here?

Image
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

User avatar
Quaco
F R double E
Posts: 47084
Joined: 16 Jul 2003, 19:41

Re: Lisbon, June 8-19

Postby Quaco » 15 Jun 2017, 18:02

Met Mark/echolalia last night, and we had the best time. Really good. Quick beer at Brasilian bar, walk to unlicensed vegetarian food restaurant where his son works, white wine (not chilled enough!), back to the hip part of town to see a 'dark electronica' artist (which rather undersold her, it was droney and spiritually affirming), with additional beers and discussions both before and after.

We basically agreed that the three best Jam songs were 'Away From the Numbers', 'In the Crowd' and maybe 'Life From a Window', though that third one is still up in the air (no pun intended). Thoughts?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

User avatar
Uncle Charles Routine
hounds people off the board
Posts: 19733
Joined: 24 Apr 2007, 23:21
Location: selling a self-detonating James Last CD to a Copenhagen thrift store

Re: Lisbon, June 8-19

Postby Uncle Charles Routine » 15 Jun 2017, 22:30

Quaco wrote:OK, not the greatest picture but can anyone guess what we were trying for here?

Image



Image

?
GoogaMooga wrote:there's not much point in starting any more threads. I'll just take a back seat and enjoy the show.


Matt Wilson wrote:Lol, that's way cool, Pete.

You're way more into (US) football than I am then. Respect.

User avatar
Jeemo
Posts: 20863
Joined: 21 Jul 2003, 23:17
Location: ????

Re: Lisbon, June 8-19

Postby Jeemo » 15 Jun 2017, 22:55

Doctor Ian Le wrote:
Quaco wrote:OK, not the greatest picture but can anyone guess what we were trying for here?

Image



Image

?



That's what I thought
Image So Long Kid, Take A Bow.

User avatar
echolalia
Posts: 4619
Joined: 21 Jul 2006, 02:23
Location: Way Out West

Re: Lisbon, June 8-19

Postby echolalia » 15 Jun 2017, 23:04

^^^And you'd be right!

We had excellent fun last night. So great to meet Quaco and Mrs Quaco. Pity we didn’t see more of Elysia Crampton but it was good to have a chat with her afterwards.

Image

That's mojito!

User avatar
Quaco
F R double E
Posts: 47084
Joined: 16 Jul 2003, 19:41

Re: Lisbon, June 8-19

Postby Quaco » 15 Jun 2017, 23:42

Well it worked! The driver noticed me!
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

User avatar
echolalia
Posts: 4619
Joined: 21 Jul 2006, 02:23
Location: Way Out West

Re: Lisbon, June 8-19

Postby echolalia » 16 Jun 2017, 00:22

Oh I think the whole street did!

User avatar
harvey k-tel
Long Player
Posts: 40382
Joined: 16 Jul 2003, 23:20
Location: 1220 on your AM dial

Re: Lisbon, June 8-19

Postby harvey k-tel » 16 Jun 2017, 22:56

:D
If you've got nothing to do, don't do it here.

User avatar
Butch Manly
Utter Cad
Posts: 51294
Joined: 16 Jul 2003, 21:22
Location: 16 Beasley Street

Re: Lisbon, June 8-19

Postby Butch Manly » 17 Jun 2017, 12:01

Quaco wrote:Met Mark/echolalia last night, and we had the best time. Really good. Quick beer at Brasilian bar, walk to unlicensed vegetarian food restaurant where his son works, white wine (not chilled enough!), back to the hip part of town to see a 'dark electronica' artist (which rather undersold her, it was droney and spiritually affirming), with additional beers and discussions both before and after.

We basically agreed that the three best Jam songs were 'Away From the Numbers', 'In the Crowd' and maybe 'Life From a Window', though that third one is still up in the air (no pun intended). Thoughts?


Town Called Malice? When You're Young? That's Entertainment?
Goatboy to Belle:

"I suggest you retreat to the safety of your Facebook bubble. Griff has a post he needs you to like."