London Christmas JU - December 5 2015

Events people say they're coming to until a day or so before the event.
Nikki Gradual
nasty, brutish and short

Re: London Christmas JU - December 5 2015

Postby Nikki Gradual » 06 Dec 2015, 12:34

My head is a little delicate today.
"He's thrown a kettle over a pub; what have you done?"

Neil Jung
Watcher Of The Skies

Postby Neil Jung » 06 Dec 2015, 12:55

The Slider wrote:Did that actually happen?
:lol:

According to bhoywonder it did, but he was somewhat worse for wear and I shall be demanding an official enquiry and remarking of the papers.

Frankly it was far too difficult! :roll:
[indistinct chatter]

Belle Lettre
Éminence grise

Postby Belle Lettre » 06 Dec 2015, 14:16

My head is also delicate. As I was in the winning team, though contributed precious little, I feel the results should stand :D
Nikki Gradual wrote:
Get a fucking grip you narcissistic cretins.

Nikki Gradual
nasty, brutish and short

Postby Nikki Gradual » 06 Dec 2015, 15:01

Belle Lettre wrote:My head is also delicate. As I was in the winning team, though contributed precious little, I feel the results should stand :D

I have a wonderful record in the quiz thanks to a natural ability to randomly find myself in a team with someone who knows all the answers, in this case mainly that shortarse The Fish. I contributed eff all to our magnificent winning effort.

It was really great to catch up with everyone, though I didn't get enough Yomp time, and I look forward to attending more J-Us now I have restarted. For the moment I am all man-hugged out!
"He's thrown a kettle over a pub; what have you done?"

Diamond Dog
"Self Quoter" Extraordinaire.

Postby Diamond Dog » 07 Dec 2015, 08:20

Where's the fucking photos then?
Nicotine, valium, vicadin, marijuana, ecstasy, and alcohol -
Cocaine

Polishgirl

Postby Polishgirl » 07 Dec 2015, 13:18

Diamond Dog wrote:Where's the fucking photos then?

I thought it was just beer, chat and quizzes at the JU...... :shock:
echolalia wrote: I despise Prefab Sprout. It will be decades before “hot dog, jumping frog, Albuquerque” is surpassed as the most terrible lyric in pop history. That fucking bastard ruined all three things for me forever.

The Fish
Beer Battered

Postby The Fish » 07 Dec 2015, 18:06

Seems I didn't take as many photos as I thought, but anyway here's some photographic evidence that the event took place.Apologies to anyone not pictured. I can vouch for your attendance and no you didn't imagine it all.

We marked the losing team's answers and yes they were indeed rubbish :D

I had a great time as usual, which is just as well as the rest of the evening proved something of a disaster. Got back to Victoria feeling a bit peckish and thought I had time to grab a burger, before the 12:05 As the queue started moving slowly I started to consider the fall back of the 1:00 train to Brighton and a bus to Hove. as the hour drew nearer and no sign of said train on the indicator boards I consulted the timetables and found that there was no 1:00 train on Sunday as being past midnight this was deemed Sunday morning rather than Saturday night. By this time they were clearing the concourse.Once outside I saw that the station was closed between 1:00 and 2:45 for cleaning etc so I settled down on a seat at the bus stop. Once inside I saw there was a 4:00 train to Brighton. Oh well I thought not too bad, until fate kicking me squarely in the knackers determined that this weekend there would be engineering works, so it was a train to East Croydon, and then a replacement bus service to Three Bridges and a train to Brighton and then a bus to Hove, getting home just after 7 :twisted:
We're way past rhubarb

yomptepi
BCB thumbscrew of Justice

Postby yomptepi » 07 Dec 2015, 18:13

poor old Fish!!!
You don't like me...do you?

Belle Lettre
Éminence grise

Postby Belle Lettre » 07 Dec 2015, 18:41

Christ, what a battleaxe :(

Edit: ..and hard lines indeed, Fish!
Last edited by Belle Lettre on 08 Dec 2015, 19:39, edited 1 time in total.
Nikki Gradual wrote:
Get a fucking grip you narcissistic cretins.

The Modernist
2018 BCB Cup Champ!

Postby The Modernist » 07 Dec 2015, 20:24

At least it doesn't look like you've been punched in the eye.

the masked man
Schadenfreude

Postby the masked man » 07 Dec 2015, 21:07

It was a lot of fun, I think. Perhaps my favourite moment was finding out that I'd been at the same REM gig as Martin and Denise (in Cardiff in the mid 90s) many years before I met them properly. I also recall an exceptionally tough quiz and the general feeling that it's good that a BCB jolly-up can still attract so many fine people, even if they don't post on the board much. Always quality chat in a really lovely little pub that I've come to like a lot.

Walk In My Shadow
Hello Laydeez

Postby Walk In My Shadow » 07 Dec 2015, 22:00

Back home after two extra days of gruelling Xmas shopping with the wifey. I must at least have walked the full marathon distance on Sunday and Monday combined.
JU impressions? Johnny Slider nursing a bottle of red. Jumper in fine and healthy form. Didn't talk much to Carol and Matthew. We'll have Eindhoven for that next year. Theo on the single malt. Piece- of-cake quiz. None of you Prog lovers wanted the Ray Charles box so thank you The Fish! Also thanks to the Bhoy for organising it and bringing a CD-r of Back to the River.
Diamond Dog was sorely missed :lol:
And now if you'll excuse me I have a Mix Club disc to review.
Beneluxfunkmeisterlurvegod

Cantankerous
Robust

Postby Cantankerous » 08 Dec 2015, 07:03

Walk In My Shadow wrote:Diamond Dog was sorely missed :lol:

Like a hole in the head lad

Like a hole in the head

;)
Last edited by Cantankerous on 08 Dec 2015, 16:39, edited 1 time in total.
Croan wrote:One thing about the Yanks - they never seriously piddled about in
anything as preposterously pointless as prog.

Minnie the Minx
funky thigh collector

Postby Minnie the Minx » 08 Dec 2015, 16:33

The Fish wrote:Seems I didn't take as many photos as I thought, but anyway here's some photographic evidence that the event took place.Apologies to anyone not pictured. I can vouch for your attendance and no you didn't imagine it all.

I had a great time as usual, which is just as well as the rest of the evening proved something of a disaster. Got back to Victoria feeling a bit peckish and thought I had time to grab a burger, before the 12:05 As the queue started moving slowly I started to consider the fall back of the 1:00 train to Brighton and a bus to Hove. as the hour drew nearer and no sign of said train on the indicator boards I consulted the timetables and found that there was no 1:00 train on Sunday as being past midnight this was deemed Sunday morning rather than Saturday night. By this time they were clearing the concourse.Once outside I saw that the station was closed between 1:00 and 2:45 for cleaning etc so I settled down on a seat at the bus stop. Once inside I saw there was a 4:00 train to Brighton. Oh well I thought not too bad, until fate kicking me squarely in the knackers determined that this weekend there would be engineering works, so it was a train to East Croydon, and then a replacement bus service to Three Bridges and a train to Brighton and then a bus to Hove, getting home just after 7 :twisted:

Oh no! Paul!!!

:lol:
You come at the Queen, you best not miss.

Dr Markus wrote:
Someone in your line of work usually as their own man cave aka the shed we're they can potter around fixing stuff or something don't they?

Flower wrote:I just did a google search.

Six String

Postby Six String » 12 Dec 2015, 05:00

The Fish wrote:Seems I didn't take as many photos as I thought, but anyway here's some photographic evidence that the event took place.Apologies to anyone not pictured. I can vouch for your attendance and no you didn't imagine it all.

Wow. Sorry to hear of those travel issues. Talk about an allnighter. Thanks for taking pictures so we could enjoy a bit. Nice to see the lovely Mra. C who is a stranger it seems to thses events...much like Mrs. SS. ;) Wish I could have been there lifting a glass with you scousers.
Everything is broken
B. Dylan

The Modernist
2018 BCB Cup Champ!

Postby The Modernist » 12 Dec 2015, 07:28

Scousers? :?

WG Kaspar

Postby WG Kaspar » 12 Dec 2015, 10:06

Well Griff is a sort of an approximation
I run out of talent

ConnyOlivetti
Probing The Sonic Heritage

Postby ConnyOlivetti » 16 Dec 2015, 19:12

No more photos!? :o
Charlie O. wrote:I think Coan and Googa are right.

Un enfant dans electronica!
Je suis!

Return to “Footy Ups”