LA Jollyup, Thursday, July 12th

Events people say they're coming to until a day or so before the event.
savoirefaire
Location: formerly pore of sin...ga!, way of nor and currently pan of Ja!

Re: LA Jollyup, Thursday, July 12th

Postby savoirefaire » 02 Jul 2012, 22:23

toomanyhatz wrote:Trust me when I say you don't want to take a taxi from Long Beach to LA, unless you have an unlimited budget. I think our choices are have the JU in Long Beach, or arrange a ride out our way (Quaco works in LB if I'm not mistaken, but getting you back after everyone's been drinking might be the problem!) I'm fine with either way.

Yes, it seems it's like $80 from LA to Long Beach. I just looked up the Metro, takes about an hour to Pico. How safe is it?
Kid P wrote:*Deleted*
Should have quoted SF

Sneelock wrote:I'm never bored. I'm boring. I think of it as a lifestyle choice!

[img]//upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/4/41/Fundraising_2009-horizontal-thanks-en.png[/img]

Quaco
F R double E

Postby Quaco » 02 Jul 2012, 23:34

savoirefaire wrote:
toomanyhatz wrote:Trust me when I say you don't want to take a taxi from Long Beach to LA, unless you have an unlimited budget. I think our choices are have the JU in Long Beach, or arrange a ride out our way (Quaco works in LB if I'm not mistaken, but getting you back after everyone's been drinking might be the problem!) I'm fine with either way.

Yes, it seems it's like $80 from LA to Long Beach. I just looked up the Metro, takes about an hour to Pico. How safe is it?

Uh, it's technically safe, but it won't be especially pleasant, particularly on the way home. It gets a little grubby by then. I will drive you where you need to go, and drink less if need be. Or bring a teetotalling friend! Who wouldn't want to meet a bunch of argumentative music dweebs?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

savoirefaire

Postby savoirefaire » 02 Jul 2012, 23:41

Quaco wrote:
savoirefaire wrote:

Uh, it's technically safe, but it won't be especially pleasant, particularly on the way home. It gets a little grubby by then. I will drive you where you need to go, and drink less if need be. Or bring a teetotalling friend! Who wouldn't want to meet a bunch of argumentative music dweebs?

I will try to find one! Or leave a little early if need be.
Should have quoted SF

Sneelock wrote:I'm never bored. I'm boring. I think of it as a lifestyle choice!

[img]//upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/4/41/Fundraising_2009-horizontal-thanks-en.png[/img]

Quaco
F R double E

Postby Quaco » 03 Jul 2012, 00:02

But just to clarify, I wouldn't wish the L.A. Metro system on you. I'm happy to drive you wherever we end up meeting.

toomanyhatz
Power-mad king of the WCC
Location: Just east of where Charlie Parker went to do some relaxin'

Postby toomanyhatz » 03 Jul 2012, 00:16

Quaco wrote:But just to clarify, I wouldn't wish the L.A. Metro system on you. I'm happy to drive you wherever we end up meeting.

In deference to Matt who got this one rolling, we should keep him in mind as well, but since you're offering to drive I think you should have a lot of say in where we have it. What's your preference? LB or the usual?

My preference is out to us as that'll be easier for me, but as I said either way works. And LB is better for Zoomboogity and Billy Bob (though we don't know if he's available- BBD, if you're listening...)
Footy wrote:
The Who / Jimi Hendrix Experience Saville Theatre, London Jan '67
. Got Jimi's autograph after the show and went on to see him several times that year

1959 1963 1965 1966 1974 1977 1978 1981 1988 2017* 2018 2020!! 2023?

Quaco
F R double E

Postby Quaco » 03 Jul 2012, 00:19

These Billybozilla guys need to be PMed. They never check these things.

I don't mind either way. Whatever it takes to get Matt Wilson involved is what I want!

savoirefaire

Postby savoirefaire » 03 Jul 2012, 00:23

Quaco wrote:But just to clarify, I wouldn't wish the L.A. Metro system on you. I'm happy to drive you wherever we end up meeting.

Thanks very much, Q!
Should have quoted SF

zoomboogity
Shakin' All Over

Postby zoomboogity » 03 Jul 2012, 09:20

It's been so long since I've spent time in downtown LB, so I don't remember names, but there's a bunch of places to hang. Most of the places on Pine between Ocean and 3rd are "upscale" (i.e. overpriced, crowded, crap parking). And you don't have to go too far to get into the sketchy neighborhoods. Which Pine Avenue used to be in the 1980s, making its turnaround in the '90s pretty remarkable. A lot of urban renewal doesn't take hold - crap areas tend to revert to whatever all the foo-foo restaurants and art galleries were trying to hide.

SF, Q - Rock Bottom on Ocean is right across the street from The Queen Mary. (Little Sepia Quaco Hit The Road?) Outdoor patio, ocean breeze, parking a little easier. I could even take a quick bus there if someone is willing to get me home. I've only been there once, but it was nice, so that's one suggestion.

"Quite."

TG

Postby TG » 03 Jul 2012, 14:32

A Thursday night in L.A. might be tough for me. A Thursday night in Long Beach might be impossible. I work pretty late on Thursdays and getting to the LBC could be tough. I'd hate to miss y'all and will do my best to be there but I can't promise I'll make it.

I'll keep an eye on this space to see what develops and where the meet will take place and try my best to be there.
Jeff K wrote:Not at all. I love TG. I might be the only one on BCB who does but I don't care.

bobzilla77

Postby bobzilla77 » 03 Jul 2012, 17:14

I can't promise I'll be there, it's our one night to practice before our big gig in Vegas. LB weeknight trips aren't always feasible anyway. I hate to miss out though.
Jimbo wrote:I guess I am over Graham Nash's politics. Hopelessly naive by the standards I've molded for myself these days.

toomanyhatz

Postby toomanyhatz » 03 Jul 2012, 18:35

One man's opinion, as always, and correct me if I'm wrong, but it doesn't sound like we gain anybody by meeting in Long Beach, but rather might lose Matt Wilson. If others weigh in it might be different, but so far it seems like our best bet is to meet in LA- maybe on the west side?

Sorry though, folks- the Joker's no longer open.
Footy wrote:
. Got Jimi's autograph after the show and went on to see him several times that year

Matt Wilson
Psychedelic Cowpunk

Postby Matt Wilson » 03 Jul 2012, 19:02

If it's LA then I can make it. It would take me an hour to get to Long Beach on a Thursday afternoon. Then to drink and have to drive back to the valley would probably take another hour. Doesn't sound too inviting.

Has anyone notified Todd yet? I haven't seen him around too much lately.

Billybob Dylan
Bonehead

Postby Billybob Dylan » 03 Jul 2012, 19:08

Quaco wrote:These Billybozilla guys need to be PMed. They never check these things.

I don't mind either way. Whatever it takes to get Matt Wilson involved is what I want!

You're right, they don't. Bastards!

Sorry to say I'm out of town on business next Wednesday, Thursday & Friday. It's always the bloody way, isn't it?
"I've been reduced to thruppence!"

Muskrat
World's Foremost Authority
Location: Next to the park; across the street from the college; and the freeway at my back

Postby Muskrat » 06 Jul 2012, 06:24

Matt Wilson wrote:Has anyone notified Todd yet? I haven't seen him around too much lately.

Aw, shucks. I'm just waiting for people to make a decision. I may show up at the Cat & Fiddle on Saturday just for the hell of it.
Things that a fella can't forget...

Lord Rother wrote: I’m with Googs.

toomanyhatz

Postby toomanyhatz » 06 Jul 2012, 08:01

I'm likely out for the 14th, for what that's worth.

Try to make the 12th happen, then do our "locals only" one another time? How's the west side or downtown LA for people? Or the usual? Whatever works for me- in fact I'll do LB too if that ends up easier.
Footy wrote:

Matt Wilson
Psychedelic Cowpunk

Postby Matt Wilson » 06 Jul 2012, 15:38

I'm up for anyplace in LA on the 12th. You guys decide and I'll be there.

Quaco
F R double E

Postby Quaco » 06 Jul 2012, 23:32

Matt Wilson wrote:I'm up for anyplace in LA on the 12th. You guys decide and I'll be there.

OK, how about Wilmington!

Diamond Dog
"Self Quoter" Extraordinaire.

Postby Diamond Dog » 07 Jul 2012, 09:43

Where's MY fucking invite? :x
Nicotine, valium, vicadin, marijuana, ecstasy, and alcohol -
Cocaine

TG

Postby TG » 07 Jul 2012, 14:48

Diamond Dog wrote:Where's MY fucking invite? :x

Maybe you misplaced it. It might be buried underneath your Mix Club reviews... :evil:
Jeff K wrote:Not at all. I love TG. I might be the only one on BCB who does but I don't care.

Diamond Dog
"Self Quoter" Extraordinaire.

Postby Diamond Dog » 07 Jul 2012, 16:01

Oops. :oops:
Nicotine, valium, vicadin, marijuana, ecstasy, and alcohol -
Cocaine

Return to “Footy Ups”