L.A Saturday May 4th

Events people say they're coming to until a day or so before the event.
User avatar
The Fish
Beer Battered
Posts: 12362
Joined: 24 Oct 2003, 20:04
Location: Hove Actually

L.A Saturday May 4th

Postby The Fish » 08 Mar 2019, 09:30

OK I'm booked.

Reckon this deserves a new thread so everbody knows it's not just the usual Angelenos taking forever to organise a get together. Obviously needs a Brit to get this thing off the ground.

Hightea is in town and Hatz has signed up. I assume (new) Cat & Fiddle is the obvious venue.

Hopefully Tom, Jim and Matt will be on board, although if any of you have a VALID reason for not making this, I'm in town Friday thru Monday (arrive Thursday, leave Tuesday) so hopefully catch up with you all at some point.

Any Brits thinking of making the trip (why not just do it on a whim) I booked flight and 5 nights for under £900 ! Cheap prices may not last - DO IT NOW
We're way past rhubarb

User avatar
TG
Posts: 3772
Joined: 30 May 2006, 23:41
Location: Boss Angeles

Re: L.A Saturday May 4th

Postby TG » 08 Mar 2019, 12:37

I’m in. And, of course, if you’re free and want company any of the other days you’re in town,
Jeff K wrote:Not at all. I love TG. I might be the only one on BCB who does but I don't care.

User avatar
Matt Wilson
Psychedelic Cowpunk
Posts: 29867
Joined: 16 Jul 2003, 20:18
Location: Edge of a continent

Re: L.A Saturday May 4th

Postby Matt Wilson » 08 Mar 2019, 14:31

Any excuse to see Paul is fine by me. Save some space in your luggage again because I've got a shitload of DVDs to unload on you like last time.
goat boy wrote:For so long now Matt has BCB defined himself as being in opposition to Coan. He’s the Batman to their Joker but they can't deal with Batman ditching the gothic gloom of Gotham for Paris in the spring.

User avatar
Hightea
Posts: 2001
Joined: 16 Apr 2015, 02:18
Location: NY state

Re: L.A Saturday May 4th

Postby Hightea » 08 Mar 2019, 15:30

Cool Paul.
look forward to seeing you again.
Nick Mason's Saucerful of Secrets with guest Roger Waters, Beacon Theatre 2019
Image

Best of 2018 - Non Concert

Best of 2018 - Concert

User avatar
Quaco
F R double E
Posts: 47164
Joined: 16 Jul 2003, 19:41

Re: L.A Saturday May 4th

Postby Quaco » 08 Mar 2019, 19:12

Excellent! Fish and Hightea!
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

User avatar
Minnie the Minx
funky thigh collector
Posts: 30351
Joined: 29 Dec 2006, 16:00
Location: In the naughty North and in the sexy South

Re: L.A Saturday May 4th

Postby Minnie the Minx » 10 Mar 2019, 23:25

Hmmmmmmm
*counts pennies*
You come at the Queen, you best not miss.

Dr Markus wrote:
Someone in your line of work usually as their own man cave aka the shed we're they can potter around fixing stuff or something don't they?

User avatar
toomanyhatz
Power-mad king of the WCC
Posts: 27976
Joined: 07 Apr 2005, 00:01
Location: Just east of where Charlie Parker went to do some relaxin'

Re: L.A Saturday May 4th

Postby toomanyhatz » 22 Mar 2019, 16:10

BumpitabumpitabumpitaSPLASH!!

It is official that I will be playing my normal gig in Burbank that night. I need to be there by 6:30-ish. So...I think we should call it for the C&F and name the time. 2 or 3?

You are all of course invited to continue the party at my gig, but, fair warning - Irish music 'n stuff will ensue.

Also - Zoomboogity? Bobzilla? Any other out-of-towners/country-ers?
Jimbo wrote:My point is to save the world from WWIII.

Jimbo wrote:Trump is right. The collusion conspiracy theory has been debunked and you seem to refuse to look at the evidence.

1959 1963 1965 1966 1974 1977 1978 1981 1988 2017 2018!!

User avatar
The Fish
Beer Battered
Posts: 12362
Joined: 24 Oct 2003, 20:04
Location: Hove Actually

Re: L.A Saturday May 4th

Postby The Fish » 22 Mar 2019, 18:20

toomanyhatz wrote: Irish music 'n stuff will ensue.



Heckling will ensue
We're way past rhubarb

User avatar
Matt Wilson
Psychedelic Cowpunk
Posts: 29867
Joined: 16 Jul 2003, 20:18
Location: Edge of a continent

Re: L.A Saturday May 4th

Postby Matt Wilson » 22 Mar 2019, 18:41

He's used to that.
goat boy wrote:For so long now Matt has BCB defined himself as being in opposition to Coan. He’s the Batman to their Joker but they can't deal with Batman ditching the gothic gloom of Gotham for Paris in the spring.

User avatar
toomanyhatz
Power-mad king of the WCC
Posts: 27976
Joined: 07 Apr 2005, 00:01
Location: Just east of where Charlie Parker went to do some relaxin'

Re: L.A Saturday May 4th

Postby toomanyhatz » 22 Mar 2019, 18:53

We do cover Dylan and Neil Young, among others, plus Traffic's arrangement of "John Barleycorn," so it's not as if there's no rock content.

The band are also big Willie Nelson fans, so it could definitely continue in the spirit of the JU (though I'm the only one that drinks).

Though if you're actually anxious to heckle, I could always invite some bagpipers.
Jimbo wrote:My point is to save the world from WWIII.

Jimbo wrote:Trump is right. The collusion conspiracy theory has been debunked and you seem to refuse to look at the evidence.

1959 1963 1965 1966 1974 1977 1978 1981 1988 2017 2018!!

User avatar
Hightea
Posts: 2001
Joined: 16 Apr 2015, 02:18
Location: NY state

Re: L.A Saturday May 4th

Postby Hightea » 22 Mar 2019, 21:48

toomanyhatz wrote:We do cover Dylan and Neil Young, among others, plus Traffic's arrangement of "John Barleycorn," so it's not as if there's no rock content.

The band are also big Willie Nelson fans, so it could definitely continue in the spirit of the JU (though I'm the only one that drinks).

Though if you're actually anxious to heckle, I could always invite some bagpipers.


Love to see you play - still trying to figure out my whole vacation, but this sounds like a plan for Saturday!

User avatar
Quaco
F R double E
Posts: 47164
Joined: 16 Jul 2003, 19:41

Re: L.A Saturday May 4th

Postby Quaco » 23 Mar 2019, 02:49

An Irish band that doesn't drink. That is INSANE!
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

User avatar
toomanyhatz
Power-mad king of the WCC
Posts: 27976
Joined: 07 Apr 2005, 00:01
Location: Just east of where Charlie Parker went to do some relaxin'

Re: L.A Saturday May 4th

Postby toomanyhatz » 08 Apr 2019, 20:47

Hey, so are we all on for this? Cat and Fiddle at, maybe 2 pm?

I'll do a Facebook invite for my gig that night, which is completely optional. But I hope some of you will go, anyway. Nice place to continue the party.
Jimbo wrote:My point is to save the world from WWIII.

Jimbo wrote:Trump is right. The collusion conspiracy theory has been debunked and you seem to refuse to look at the evidence.

1959 1963 1965 1966 1974 1977 1978 1981 1988 2017 2018!!

User avatar
Quaco
F R double E
Posts: 47164
Joined: 16 Jul 2003, 19:41

Re: L.A Saturday May 4th

Postby Quaco » 09 Apr 2019, 19:31

Sounds good!!
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

User avatar
Hightea
Posts: 2001
Joined: 16 Apr 2015, 02:18
Location: NY state

Re: L.A Saturday May 4th

Postby Hightea » 10 Apr 2019, 20:46

sounds good
I'm going to have to check in to my apt on the May 4th after 4pm but its very close to C & F,
see you all then!
Nick Mason's Saucerful of Secrets with guest Roger Waters, Beacon Theatre 2019
Image

Best of 2018 - Non Concert

Best of 2018 - Concert

User avatar
TG
Posts: 3772
Joined: 30 May 2006, 23:41
Location: Boss Angeles

Re: L.A Saturday May 4th

Postby TG » 10 Apr 2019, 23:02

I’m in. Did any of you know that the old Cat & Fiddle that we used to go to is already closed down? Whatever it became didn’t work.
Jeff K wrote:Not at all. I love TG. I might be the only one on BCB who does but I don't care.

User avatar
Minnie the Minx
funky thigh collector
Posts: 30351
Joined: 29 Dec 2006, 16:00
Location: In the naughty North and in the sexy South

Re: L.A Saturday May 4th

Postby Minnie the Minx » 17 Apr 2019, 20:29

TG wrote:I’m in. Did any of you know that the old Cat & Fiddle that we used to go to is already closed down? Whatever it became didn’t work.


It’s so fucking annoying when those things happen.
So many Austin places have closed recently with the same results. Infuriating.
You come at the Queen, you best not miss.

Dr Markus wrote:
Someone in your line of work usually as their own man cave aka the shed we're they can potter around fixing stuff or something don't they?

User avatar
Diamond Dog
"Self Quoter" Extraordinaire.
Posts: 68195
Joined: 16 Jul 2003, 21:04
Location: High On Poachers Hill

Re: L.A Saturday May 4th

Postby Diamond Dog » 21 Apr 2019, 08:51

The Fish wrote:
Reckon this deserves a new thread so everbody knows it's not just the usual Angelenos taking forever to organise a get together. Obviously needs a Brit to get this thing off the ground.



Best of luck when the menu hits the table.....
To sleep, perchance to dream- ay, there's the rub
I don't like that man. I must get to know him better.
The fashion of passion i rationed with caution because of the notion the potion of passion had never been passed to me

User avatar
TG
Posts: 3772
Joined: 30 May 2006, 23:41
Location: Boss Angeles

Re: L.A Saturday May 4th

Postby TG » 21 Apr 2019, 16:51

Diamond Dog wrote:
The Fish wrote:
Reckon this deserves a new thread so everbody knows it's not just the usual Angelenos taking forever to organise a get together. Obviously needs a Brit to get this thing off the ground.



Best of luck when the menu hits the table.....


:D
Jeff K wrote:Not at all. I love TG. I might be the only one on BCB who does but I don't care.

User avatar
toomanyhatz
Power-mad king of the WCC
Posts: 27976
Joined: 07 Apr 2005, 00:01
Location: Just east of where Charlie Parker went to do some relaxin'

Re: L.A Saturday May 4th

Postby toomanyhatz » 23 Apr 2019, 21:57

So start time of 2 or 3? What's best for everybody? Either OK with me - have to leave for my gig by 530 or 6.

Here's the website for the Cat and Fiddle in case anyone's unsure of where we're going.

https://www.thecatandfiddle.com/
Jimbo wrote:My point is to save the world from WWIII.

Jimbo wrote:Trump is right. The collusion conspiracy theory has been debunked and you seem to refuse to look at the evidence.

1959 1963 1965 1966 1974 1977 1978 1981 1988 2017 2018!!