Random stuff about your day, 2......

Backslapping time. Well done us. We are fantastic.
sensi

Re: Random stuff about your day, 2......

Postby sensi » 26 Nov 2010, 12:16

Beebsy wrote:Maybe it's Eddie and Stone? ;-)

A combined canary effort to lift and hide our keys?...I can just see them now sniggering away hiding their beaks behind their wings so we can't see them laughing.

Maybe something/somebody doesn't want us driving to Birmingham at the weekend?...only mad people willingly go to Birmingham so I must be mad :cry:

harvey k-tel
Long Player

Postby harvey k-tel » 26 Nov 2010, 12:30

Beebsy wrote:Maybe it's Eddie and Stone? ;-)

Maybe they're magpies in disguise!!

:o
Tempora mutatur et nos mutamur in illis

The Great DeFector

Postby The Great DeFector » 26 Nov 2010, 13:29

Beebsy wrote:
Dr Markus wrote:
Poor naive Beebs, ah i would like the room not near the road, my morning call about 8:00 with some toast and coffee, not instant. I will need the television for my programs from 6pm to 1pm, and when i'm on he internet, um i'm not to be disturbed! :x

:lol:

Fine. £200 per week. :D

You take rent allowance?

Nah seriously if i get the job i'll pop up for some tea. :D

The Great DeFector

Postby The Great DeFector » 26 Nov 2010, 13:50

I've got a seriously sore thigh. It's like a dead leg sort of pain, so no training tonight. I managed last night and even did some take downs but it's just too sore for training tonight. :(

Insouciant Western People

Postby Insouciant Western People » 26 Nov 2010, 13:57

I hate my boss, ohhhhhh how I hate her. I have never in my life hated anyone like I hate her. I did not know what hatred was until this woman came into my life.

To paraphrase Dylan Moran, I have to get up earlier in the morning, because there aren't enough hours in the day to fit in all the hating of that awful loathsome creature that I need to get through.

I want to hold a staff disco on her grave.

Ah. That's better. Carry on.
Jeff K wrote:Nick's still the man! No one has been as consistent as he has been over such a long period of time.

sloopjohnc

Postby sloopjohnc » 26 Nov 2010, 14:07

The Idiot wrote:I hate my boss, ohhhhhh how I hate her. I have never in my life hated anyone like I hate her. I did not know what hatred was until this woman came into my life.

To paraphrase Dylan Moran, I have to get up earlier in the morning, because there aren't enough hours in the day to fit in all the hating of that awful loathsome creature that I need to get through.

I want to hold a staff disco on her grave.

Ah. That's better. Carry on.

That sucks. I've had some bad bosses in my day and it fucking sucks.

It also kind of interests me because most of the bad bosses I've had haven't been complete assholes, but something---fear, insecurity, pressure---turns them into terrible managers of people.

People should be accountable, but no one does a good job looking over his or her shoulder all the time afraid to do the wrong thing.
Don't fake the funk on a nasty dunk!

Insouciant Western People

Postby Insouciant Western People » 26 Nov 2010, 14:14

sloopjohnc wrote:It also kind of interests me because most of the bad bosses I've had haven't been complete assholes, but something---fear, insecurity, pressure---turns them into terrible managers of people.

That is her exactly. She's out of her depth and flailing around blaming others, mostly my colleagues and me.

She's stupid and incompetent, but very cunning and absolutely unscrupulous. She's taken a team of experienced, enthusiastic and willing people and within less than a year reduced them to totally demotivated cynics, with virtually no morale and all of us just wanting to leave.
Jeff K wrote:Nick's still the man! No one has been as consistent as he has been over such a long period of time.

sloopjohnc

Postby sloopjohnc » 26 Nov 2010, 14:22

The Idiot wrote:
sloopjohnc wrote:It also kind of interests me because most of the bad bosses I've had haven't been complete assholes, but something---fear, insecurity, pressure---turns them into terrible managers of people.

That is her exactly. She's out of her depth and flailing around blaming others, mostly my colleagues and me.

She's stupid and incompetent, but very cunning and absolutely unscrupulous. She's taken a team of experienced, enthusiastic and willing people and within less than a year reduced them to totally demotivated cynics, with virtually no morale and all of us just wanting to leave.

At my last place, after having bad bosses, and never doing anything about it, except quit the job, I went to my boss's boss and told him the situation for me and the department.

I made sure to tell him that I was trying to be constructive and not punitive and that I didn't want my boss's job, I just wanted him to do his.

Within a month I was let go in a bad economy.

I'll never do that again.

Rated B

Postby Rated B » 26 Nov 2010, 14:42

The Idiot wrote:

Sorry to hear that. Poor/bad management can be really, really stressful. :(

Meanwhile, I've just had all the nerves pulled out of one my teeth.

Owww. :(
And if I come in on a donkey, let me go out on a gurney

Witchypoo
Politically radical Nazgul

Postby Witchypoo » 26 Nov 2010, 15:27

sensi wrote:There's some weird stuff going on in my house today...scary weird :shock:

Dave went to get his car keys from the normal place he keeps them and they were not there...nothing weird there everyone misplaces their car keys at some point. He checked all the pockets in the clothes he wore yesterday and couldn't find them...he checked if he had left them in the car door but he hadn't...I gave him the spare set from the front pocket of my handbag and off he went to take Andrew to sixth form. While he was gone I went up for a shower and before I went I checked my mobile for messages...my mobile was on the mantelpiece on its own...nothing else was on there. When Dave came back he thanked me for finding his car keys but I hadn't found them...I came down and they were next to my mobile on the mantelpiece :shock: I hadn't put them there and neither did Dave...he went to give me the spares (to put back in my bag) but couldn't find the spares. Half an hour later, after searching everywhere for the spares, he checked my bag and they were in the front pocket :shock: I never put them there and neither had Dave as he'd been looking for them for over 30 minutes.

Who/what is playing with our car keys and why?...or are we both going mad at the same time?

:lol: This is what happened to my Mum all the time. We figured it was George, the previous tenant. He had been well known as a prankster.
Then Mick asked 'Would it make me a class traitor if I banged Thatcher?'

Beebsy

Postby Beebsy » 26 Nov 2010, 17:35

The Idiot wrote:

Ah, I'm sorry, Nick. I have one of those above me AND below me.

It's an accepted fact in the organisation that I work with the two worst people there. Great.

Beebsy

Postby Beebsy » 26 Nov 2010, 17:35

Dr Markus wrote:
Beebsy wrote:
Dr Markus wrote:
Poor naive Beebs, ah i would like the room not near the road, my morning call about 8:00 with some toast and coffee, not instant. I will need the television for my programs from 6pm to 1pm, and when i'm on he internet, um i'm not to be disturbed! :x

:lol:

Fine. £200 per week. :D

You take rent allowance?

Nah seriously if i get the job i'll pop up for some tea. :D

And you'd be very welcome, Mark.

Phil T

Postby Phil T » 26 Nov 2010, 17:43

Beebsy wrote:
The Idiot wrote:

Ah, I'm sorry, Nick. I have one of those above me AND below me.

It's an accepted fact in the organisation that I work with the two worst people there. Great.

I've mentioned this before but my current boss told me to "pull myself together" after being essentially told via a phone call that Ruth was dying. I vowed to get my own back on her before I retire, but I'm not that vindictive or immature.

sloopjohnc

Postby sloopjohnc » 26 Nov 2010, 17:56

Miles Cholmondley-Warner wrote:I've mentioned this before but my current boss told me to "pull myself together" after being essentially told via a phone call that Ruth was dying. I vowed to get my own back on her before I retire, but I'm not that vindictive or immature.

See, that's what I mean.

What kind of asshole says that kind of thing?

I know I've mentioned this before, but I quit a job after my mom died figuring life was too short.

When I told my boss, who took it as a point of pride to make my co-worker cry during every tradeshow, she asked if I was being too hasty and wanted to know if I wanted to take a couple weeks instead---that was the nicest she'd ever been up to that point.

Just the day before she threatened to fire me because I couldn't remember one of 15 direct mail campaigns we were doing that month.

I asked her if when I came back if she'd stop being as big a bitch as she currently was and she didn't answer.

I told her I didn't think so then.

savoirefaire
Location: formerly pore of sin...ga!, way of nor and currently pan of Ja!

Random stuff about your day, 2......

Postby savoirefaire » 27 Nov 2010, 17:10

In a pub on my own nursing a pint. It is about -7 celsius outside and my feet couldn't cope. I bought legwarmers and now I am trying to have the courage to leave my heated surroundings and go home. I would have another pint but I probably have to hand the bartender my kidney in exchange. For what is worth, the pub/cafe I am at is very charming. Plenty of such lovely places in Bergen. I am reallly lucky.
Kid P wrote:*Deleted*
Should have quoted SF

Sneelock wrote:I'm never bored. I'm boring. I think of it as a lifestyle choice!

[img]//upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/4/41/Fundraising_2009-horizontal-thanks-en.png[/img]

BARON CORNY DOG
Diamond Geezer

Postby BARON CORNY DOG » 29 Nov 2010, 01:00

With all due respect to this thread, I can only wonder whether it is really of such exemplary character that it is necessary to warehouse in "Classic Threads."
take5_d_shorterer wrote:If John Bonham simply didn't listen to enough Tommy Johnson or Blind Willie Mctell, that's his doing.

Monkberry

Postby Monkberry » 16 Dec 2010, 19:59

I've finally got back on here after not being able to acess it for some reason for ages.
Proper music for proper people!

Always Positive

Postby Always Positive » 29 Dec 2010, 04:39

I am back after a while being ill & ranting crap on facebook lol! Anyhoo feeling a wee bit better getting to grips with my med's. Even tho my girlfriend kinda let me slide I am ok as, they say light at the end of the tunnel! Sorry for not posting my shite music hehe! Back for good I hope ;-) x
Music, Positivity & the Passion to travel the world will take you everywhere you need to go in Life!
I am mad as a bag of frog's!
I Started Out With Nothin And I Still Got Most Of It Left!

Return to “Classic Threads & Treasury of Mirth”