Random stuff about your day, 2......

Backslapping time. Well done us. We are fantastic.
sensi

Re: Random stuff about your day, 2......

Postby sensi » 24 Nov 2010, 13:51

the hesitant weasel wrote:Hi – just letting people know that I am Ok and recovering from Gallbladder op – with the use of strong drugs, rest and lots of reading matter…

Still got a drain out of my right side which is getting rid of nasties and fairly knackered when stairs are involved or anything tricky but making brews and stuff (tried to pick up acoustic guitar today – won’t be doing that again for a while!)

Been a bit ‘up and down’ but feel like I am getting there – thanks for all the messages and encouragement, and sorry if it takes a while to get back but keep in touch,
Anno xx

I hope you start feeling a lot better soon...enjoy the free pain relief and fuss for a bit longer ;)

I've got to have mine out but it will be through keyhole and just a day case...I've got an appointment with a consultant on 13th Dec...my GP said she didn't like the effect the last bad bout had on my liver and she's worried that might happen again so she's recommending I have it out...hopefully the consultant will agree and I can start preparing myself for it...it's great for weight loss though...a pleasing side effect for me.

Nolamike

Postby Nolamike » 24 Nov 2010, 13:53

Minnie the Minx wrote:All along my street as I write is the sound of a village in unison scraping ice off their windscreens. I've just put on my seventh layer before I head out, after jogging on the spot in the kitchen because it was too cold to stay still while the kettle boiled.

I am never, never, ever going to complain about Texas being too hot, ever again.

*Nolamike looks forward to his trip this afternoon, going to visit his parents in Texas, where the temps are expected to be in the 70s*
Sir John Coan wrote:Nolamike is speaking nothing but sense here.

Loki wrote:Mike is Hookfinger's shill.

bhoywonder
The Magnificent

Postby bhoywonder » 24 Nov 2010, 14:04

Nolamike wrote:
*Nolamike looks forward to his trip this afternoon, going to visit his parents in Texas, where the temps are expected to be in the 70s*

Bet they still put on a show though:

Nolamike

Postby Nolamike » 24 Nov 2010, 14:05

bhoywonder wrote:
Nolamike wrote:

Bet the still put on a show though:

:lol:

savoirefaire
Location: formerly pore of sin...ga!, way of nor and currently pan of Ja!

Postby savoirefaire » 24 Nov 2010, 14:07

The Idiot wrote:
savoirefaire wrote:Certainly puts all our troubles into a corner.

True...

Mind you, I'm still a bit vexed that when I did up my cardie this morning I buttoned it wrong, and was left with a bit at the bottom hanging loose. Hopping mad I was.

I have a massive list of things that made me vexed this morning, which consequently has ruined my mood today but I have resisted having a massive rant. I am trying to be more positive. The very expensive shampoo and conditioner I bought on Saturday has made my hair very soft just after one use. Small victories in the mountain of massive fails.
Kid P wrote:*Deleted*
Should have quoted SF

Sneelock wrote:I'm never bored. I'm boring. I think of it as a lifestyle choice!

[img]//upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/4/41/Fundraising_2009-horizontal-thanks-en.png[/img]

BARON CORNY DOG
Diamond Geezer

Postby BARON CORNY DOG » 24 Nov 2010, 14:09

Nolamike wrote:
Minnie the Minx wrote:All along my street as I write is the sound of a village in unison scraping ice off their windscreens. I've just put on my seventh layer before I head out, after jogging on the spot in the kitchen because it was too cold to stay still while the kettle boiled.

I am never, never, ever going to complain about Texas being too hot, ever again.

I'll wave to you (Houstonmike) from 290 & 1960!

For what it's worth, it's supposed to get chilly tomorrow.
take5_d_shorterer wrote:If John Bonham simply didn't listen to enough Tommy Johnson or Blind Willie Mctell, that's his doing.

Nolamike

Postby Nolamike » 24 Nov 2010, 14:11

Baron the Minx wrote:(Houstonmike)

*Shakes fist at sky*

Ba-RON!!!!

Minnie the Minx
funky thigh collector

Postby Minnie the Minx » 24 Nov 2010, 14:12

The Idiot wrote:

You've also just relinquished for ever any claim you might have had to being northern.

A ha ha, but I'm moaning! So I'm still COMPLETELY northern!
You come at the Queen, you best not miss.

Dr Markus wrote:
Someone in your line of work usually as their own man cave aka the shed we're they can potter around fixing stuff or something don't they?

Flower wrote:I just did a google search.

BARON CORNY DOG
Diamond Geezer

Postby BARON CORNY DOG » 24 Nov 2010, 14:16

Nolamike wrote:
Baron the Minx wrote:(Houstonmike)

*Shakes fist at sky*

Ba-RON!!!!

:twisted:
take5_d_shorterer wrote:If John Bonham simply didn't listen to enough Tommy Johnson or Blind Willie Mctell, that's his doing.

The Great DeFector

Postby The Great DeFector » 24 Nov 2010, 15:13

I got an interview in Dundalk for a work placement as a Media Production Assistant. It would mean moving to Dundalk if i got it. I used to go to college with a guy from Dundalk, he didn't give it rave reviews. :lol:

Sambient

Postby Sambient » 24 Nov 2010, 17:23

I let the neighborhood cat in for a few minutes. Lately my husband and I have been calling him Talk Show because he's so vocal. Plus, he usually announces himself before you even see him. First he talks, then he shows.
Doesn't seem too responsive to that as a name though.
In any case, I let him slink in. Let him know where the food and the litter are.
Then Lulu showed up and became evil Halloween cat. I'll tell you what, I can tell Talk Show is a smart boy. Did his best to not have the situation escalate, knew he was on her turf.
I distracted Lulu with treats, which also brought the Bitey Moomuu waddling in. While things were sufficiently calm, I picked Talk Show up and brought him to the door to go back outside. He cried a little outside the door.
Look how nice he takes food.
I'll say it again, it's a shame Lulu is being such a shit. She's so much younger than the other cats here and can use a playmate with her level of energy.
Meanwhile, there's still two other cats here he didn't meet. Hexy would also probably go ballistic. Don't know what Nilsson would do. He's kinda gay for human males. Especially big men. Don't know what he'd do about a male cat.

Fireplug

Postby Fireplug » 24 Nov 2010, 17:46

My international network of foodies has done me proud today, giving me a splendid tour of the best of seville and setting my grazing plans for the rest of the visit.

Sent from my E10i using Tapatalk

savoirefaire
Location: formerly pore of sin...ga!, way of nor and currently pan of Ja!

Postby savoirefaire » 24 Nov 2010, 18:36

made patatas bravas for dinner, using a recipe from a region of spain called sandhyaville.
Kid P wrote:*Deleted*
Should have quoted SF

Sneelock wrote:I'm never bored. I'm boring. I think of it as a lifestyle choice!

[img]//upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/4/41/Fundraising_2009-horizontal-thanks-en.png[/img]

sloopjohnc

Postby sloopjohnc » 24 Nov 2010, 18:56

Yesterday, I took the day off work and went with my daughter and a friend to see a bunch of bands she likes, which I'm sure no one but Heifer has ever heard of: Of Mice and Men, Emmure, Pierce the Veil, and Attack Attack---all kinda post hardcore/screamo bands

As an early Christmas present, I got both separate VIP tickets where they got to sit through the soundcheck and meet the bands. I didn't pay for a VIP pass for myself, but talked my way into it with the guy letting people in, under the auspices of watching the girls.

They had fun. The guys from Attack Attack are on their first major tour and a couple are only as old as Sensi's Andrew. My daughter even had one of the guys call a friend from her cellphone, which was kinda cool. We had dinner at Tommy's Joynt, a San Francisco institution (which Kid P knows well) which was a couple blocks away, and discovered a pretty cool new place to see bands---The Regency Ballroom.

It was nice too, because they gave out earplugs, and because most of the crowd were teen girls and emo boys, it was easy ordering the couple beers I did have at the bar. The bartender gave me a free shot for being a good dad and doing the whole marathon.

I kinda like that music anyway and had been listening to Devon's CDs during the week so I knew the songs. Discovered a new band, Of Mice and Men, who opened the show.

We did cut out early because I had to be in for work, but I was still fucking tired this morning. I took off work after I got some stuff done and now making Eggo waffles for Derek.

Like I told Devon though, if I was a teen guy this was the concert to go to. It was 75% girls at the show.
Don't fake the funk on a nasty dunk!

Nolamike

Postby Nolamike » 24 Nov 2010, 19:05

sloopjohnc wrote:It was nice too, because they gave out earplugs, and because most of the crowd were teen girls and emo boys, it was easy ordering the couple beers I did have at the bar. The bartender gave me a free shot for being a good dad and doing the whole marathon.

Man, I can't wait until my daughter wants me to take her to shows! :lol:

That's all pretty cool, Sloop. With my daughter only being four, I get to pick what shows we see together - strictly the daytime festival scene right now, obviously, but this spring will be her first Jazz Fest.

sloopjohnc

Postby sloopjohnc » 24 Nov 2010, 19:12

Nolamike wrote:
sloopjohnc wrote:It was nice too, because they gave out earplugs, and because most of the crowd were teen girls and emo boys, it was easy ordering the couple beers I did have at the bar. The bartender gave me a free shot for being a good dad and doing the whole marathon.

That's all pretty cool, Sloop. With my daughter only being four, I get to pick what shows we see together - strictly the daytime festival scene right now, obviously, but this spring will be her first Jazz Fest.

This is a good example of what I listened to all night.

[youtube]dmIDhlqfulU&feature=channel[/youtube]

[youtube]9dlbYEOme7E&feature=channel[/youtube]

You can kinda see why teen girls would like the second band.

sloopjohnc

Postby sloopjohnc » 24 Nov 2010, 19:18

Nolamike wrote:

When it looked like one of my daughter's friends wasn't going to make it and it was just going to be my daughter and me, I gave her an out if she didn't want go.

It kinda surprised me that she was fine with just the two of us, cuz I sure as heck wouldn't have wanted to go to a show with my mom or dad.

Nolamike

Postby Nolamike » 24 Nov 2010, 19:20

sloopjohnc wrote:
Nolamike wrote:

When it looked like one of my daughter's friends wasn't going to make it and it was just going to be my daughter and me, I gave her an out if she didn't want go.

It kinda surprised me that she was fine with just the two of us, cuz I sure as heck wouldn't have wanted to go to a show with my mom or dad.

That's pretty cool that she was still game! In general, it seems like 13 to 20 is the time when kids really want as little to do with their parents (especially in public) as possible.

Minnie the Minx
funky thigh collector

Postby Minnie the Minx » 25 Nov 2010, 13:04

I just had a bowl of semolina from the canteen with a big blob of raspberry jam. Oh god it was so good. Oh god.
You come at the Queen, you best not miss.

Dr Markus wrote:
Someone in your line of work usually as their own man cave aka the shed we're they can potter around fixing stuff or something don't they?

Flower wrote:I just did a google search.

Insouciant Western People

Postby Insouciant Western People » 25 Nov 2010, 15:10

DWD wrote:Image

On the train to Newcastle.
Snowtastic.

*is insanely jealous*

Then again I'm going to both Edinburgh and Newcastle next week. And I might get to have a beer with Thesiger. So not too jealous.
Jeff K wrote:Nick's still the man! No one has been as consistent as he has been over such a long period of time.

Return to “Classic Threads & Treasury of Mirth”