Random stuff about your day, 2......

Backslapping time. Well done us. We are fantastic.
Nolamike

Re: Random stuff about your day, 2......

Postby Nolamike » 23 Nov 2010, 22:14

The Idiot wrote:
Rated B wrote:It was a joke, really. I expect that she needs someone to talk too... ;)

Are you going to give her coffee ? Eh ? Eh ? Nudge nudge, eh, say no more.

I think she wants to have sexual intercourse with him, if you know what I mean! ;)

:?
Sir John Coan wrote:Nolamike is speaking nothing but sense here.

Loki wrote:Mike is Hookfinger's shill.

Fireplug

Postby Fireplug » 23 Nov 2010, 22:23

I've just had the withering look from the wife. I came in with an uninterruptable power supply, to protect my new PC, that I bought from an Ebay classified. Architect gone bust, selling the IT stuff, get 'em while they're hot, sort of deal. It's great: a big, office-spec beast that will last years. She, on the other hand, sees a bill for a glorified plug and another massive box of flashing lights.

Oh well.

Nikki Gradual
nasty, brutish and short

Postby Nikki Gradual » 23 Nov 2010, 22:42

Apple store phoned, "liquid damage" apparently (even though we are unaware of any such incidents), £930 to fix a laptop that "only" cost £1100 new two years ago... when it wasn't even obsolete as it is now. Gutted, not got the cash so that might be it for me and Macs even though I've never known anything else. After all I can buy several PCs that probably won't break and probably will have a proper warranty for that. It just doesn't make sense to keep lining Steve Jobs' pockets at our expense.
"He's thrown a kettle over a pub; what have you done?"

Rated B

Postby Rated B » 23 Nov 2010, 22:43

Beebsy wrote:
Rated B wrote:It was a joke, really. I expect that she needs someone to talk too... ;)

Bah! I wanted drama!!!

Lol. :mrgreen:

She's been dumped, bless her heart, and despite her earlier protestations of it being just a fling, she's properly cut up. :(

So she came over, poured her heart out and drank a whole bottle of wine. I've never seen her drink more than a glass before. Poor lass.

Just taken her home to her mum.

Unfortunately, I'm about the single worst person in the world for relationshippy advice. :roll:
And if I come in on a donkey, let me go out on a gurney

jude
Turkey Boy (and destroyer of Spam Filters)
Location: Near Bradford's surrounding areas which encompass the city of Bradford (A small village near Leeds)

Postby jude » 23 Nov 2010, 23:33

If I know women (and Jesus H Christ, I don't), she'll have been more interested in having someone to listen than to give advice.
Betty Denim wrote:And, quite frankly, if I had been raped and you said to me 'well yeah, it's crap innit; it's like that time I had to have a turnip curry' I'd do more than insult you.

Rated B

Postby Rated B » 23 Nov 2010, 23:43

Yeah, that's exactly what I did. Safe bet, and I think it's exactly what she wanted. :)
And if I come in on a donkey, let me go out on a gurney

The Great DeFector

Postby The Great DeFector » 24 Nov 2010, 00:01

Will scrubs ever be off our TV? i don't mind them, it's just they're on all the time.

Minnie the Minx
funky thigh collector

Postby Minnie the Minx » 24 Nov 2010, 07:19

All along my street as I write is the sound of a village in unison scraping ice off their windscreens. I've just put on my seventh layer before I head out, after jogging on the spot in the kitchen because it was too cold to stay still while the kettle boiled.

I am never, never, ever going to complain about Texas being too hot, ever again.
You come at the Queen, you best not miss.

Dr Markus wrote:
Someone in your line of work usually as their own man cave aka the shed we're they can potter around fixing stuff or something don't they?

Flower wrote:I just did a google search.

savoirefaire
Location: formerly pore of sin...ga!, way of nor and currently pan of Ja!

Postby savoirefaire » 24 Nov 2010, 08:40

It is -4 outside. I just got out of a steaming hot shower. My motivation to get ready and leave is 0. And I had planned to leave my place 10 min ago.
Kid P wrote:*Deleted*
Should have quoted SF

Sneelock wrote:I'm never bored. I'm boring. I think of it as a lifestyle choice!

[img]//upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/4/41/Fundraising_2009-horizontal-thanks-en.png[/img]

Beebsy

Postby Beebsy » 24 Nov 2010, 09:22

The mum of one of Liam's school friends passed away in the hospice last night. Three beautiful children 6,4 and 2.

My heart is absolutely broken for this wee family.

doctorlouie
AKA Number 16 Bus Shelter

Postby doctorlouie » 24 Nov 2010, 09:32

Nikki Gradual wrote:Apple store phoned, "liquid damage" apparently (even though we are unaware of any such incidents), £930 to fix a laptop that "only" cost £1100 new two years ago... when it wasn't even obsolete as it is now. Gutted, not got the cash so that might be it for me and Macs even though I've never known anything else. After all I can buy several PCs that probably won't break and probably will have a proper warranty for that. It just doesn't make sense to keep lining Steve Jobs' pockets at our expense.

Talk to your home and contents insurers. I spilt coffee on my MacBook at the University Library and all but killed it. I paid £100 and the Insurance paid the rest even though it wasn't in the house at the time.

Belle Lettre
Éminence grise

Postby Belle Lettre » 24 Nov 2010, 10:34

That's so awful, Bronagh. Not much I can say.
Nikki Gradual wrote:
Get a fucking grip you narcissistic cretins.

Insouciant Western People

Postby Insouciant Western People » 24 Nov 2010, 11:31

Minnie the Minx wrote:All along my street as I write is the sound of a village in unison scraping ice off their windscreens. I've just put on my seventh layer before I head out, after jogging on the spot in the kitchen because it was too cold to stay still while the kettle boiled.

I am never, never, ever going to complain about Texas being too hot, ever again.

You've also just relinquished for ever any claim you might have had to being northern.
Jeff K wrote:Nick's still the man! No one has been as consistent as he has been over such a long period of time.

Postby Insouciant Western People » 24 Nov 2010, 11:43

Belle Lettre wrote:That's so awful, Bronagh. Not much I can say.

What she said. Desperately sad.
Jeff K wrote:Nick's still the man! No one has been as consistent as he has been over such a long period of time.

KeithPratt
Arsehole all Erect

Postby KeithPratt » 24 Nov 2010, 12:44

I’ve decided that I’m too old to wear t-shirts and jeans. I’m looting the 1930’s for fashion ideas.

Phil T

Postby Phil T » 24 Nov 2010, 13:03

Beebsy wrote:The mum of one of Liam's school friends passed away in the hospice last night. Three beautiful children 6,4 and 2.

jeez. What can you say? Those poor nippers without a mum. :(

savoirefaire
Location: formerly pore of sin...ga!, way of nor and currently pan of Ja!

Postby savoirefaire » 24 Nov 2010, 13:06

Beebsy wrote:The mum of one of Liam's school friends passed away in the hospice last night. Three beautiful children 6,4 and 2.

This and the NZ miners disaster has certainly put me in a gloomy mood today. I feel really sorry for them. Certainly puts all our troubles into a corner.
Kid P wrote:*Deleted*
Should have quoted SF

Sneelock wrote:I'm never bored. I'm boring. I think of it as a lifestyle choice!

[img]//upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/4/41/Fundraising_2009-horizontal-thanks-en.png[/img]

bhoywonder
The Magnificent

Postby bhoywonder » 24 Nov 2010, 13:27

brotherlouie wrote:
Nikki Gradual wrote:Apple store phoned, "liquid damage" apparently (even though we are unaware of any such incidents), £930 to fix a laptop that "only" cost £1100 new two years ago... when it wasn't even obsolete as it is now. Gutted, not got the cash so that might be it for me and Macs even though I've never known anything else. After all I can buy several PCs that probably won't break and probably will have a proper warranty for that. It just doesn't make sense to keep lining Steve Jobs' pockets at our expense.

Talk to your home and contents insurers. I spilt coffee on my MacBook at the University Library and all but killed it. I paid £100 and the Insurance paid the rest even though it wasn't in the house at the time.

Good advice. I put my ipod in the wash accidentally and it was covered by the home and contents under accidental damage.

I'm tempted to put my TV through the dishwasher accidentally...

Postby Insouciant Western People » 24 Nov 2010, 13:30

Bobby Orlando wrote:I’ve decided that I’m too old to wear t-shirts and jeans. I’m looting the 1930’s for fashion ideas.

Get some nice black shirts and a pair of shiny jackboots. Maybe accessorize with a stylish armband ?

Postby Insouciant Western People » 24 Nov 2010, 13:34

savoirefaire wrote:Certainly puts all our troubles into a corner.

True...

Mind you, I'm still a bit vexed that when I did up my cardie this morning I buttoned it wrong, and was left with a bit at the bottom hanging loose. Hopping mad I was.

Return to “Classic Threads & Treasury of Mirth”