NZ Politics thread

Backslapping time. Well done us. We are fantastic.
beenieman

Re: NZ Politics thread

Postby beenieman » 26 Nov 2011, 01:33

Magilla wrote:Image

Today's Google logo is cool.

Saw that. It is pretty good.
One night, an evil spirit held me down
I could not make one single sound
Jah told me, 'Son, use the word'
And now I'm as free as a bird

beenieman

Postby beenieman » 26 Nov 2011, 06:45

Campbell & Henry on TV3. I don't like ither so I'll mainly be on TV1.

Coverage of Pita Sharples said he had an early morning. Up at 7:30. I guess that's supposed to be early for a Maori!

And boys does turia's electorate party look boring. Glad i'm no spending Saturday night there.

MMP is a done deal as expected.

Otherwise early days really.

beenieman

Postby beenieman » 26 Nov 2011, 07:11

Banks, Hone & Dunne all ahead. For crissake!

And look at how many votes Labour are getting in Epsom. Some people are truly thick.

Hone's having his party at the Bushman's Hut. You can't make this stuff up. And he marched - with 4 other people to the party. Maori 'culture' is just so past it. It looks dumb and they should fuckin move on. Bunch of fat ladies fluttering their fingers as he goes by. Spare me. Keep the haka & dump this shit now!!

beenieman

Postby beenieman » 26 Nov 2011, 07:53

Looks like NZ First will be in. Yay.

And maybe no brash or Sykes at least.

Just saw Jacinda Ahern. She's dog ugly. No wonder Kaye's beating her off. I thought she was suposed to be a glam.

And Peter Williams outside Key's place was fun. Meatlovers pizza delivered.

Magilla
Otago Mago

Postby Magilla » 26 Nov 2011, 08:09

I'm watching TV3 because my TV1 reception is crap. Plus that tool David Farrar is on it. Yes, Turia's party looks dull as hell.

Looks like MMP will be easily retained.

I'm surprised Banks, Dunne and Hone will squeak back in, too. At least Banks will be on his lonesome, no Brash thankfully.

NZ First are looking likely for eight MPs, extraordinary.

I personally think Jacinda Ahern is gorgeous. :P

The big story though is that Labour are deep in the shit. They ran a good campaign in that there were no balls-ups, but they have completely failed to connect with the electorate otherwise.
"U2 routinely spent a year in the studio...I have a theory: if you put four monkeys in the studio for a year with Lanois and Eno and Lillywhite, they would make a pretty good record, too."

Magilla
Otago Mago

Postby Magilla » 26 Nov 2011, 08:18

There are some smug, blowhard Young Nats at Sky City on TV3 now.
"U2 routinely spent a year in the studio...I have a theory: if you put four monkeys in the studio for a year with Lanois and Eno and Lillywhite, they would make a pretty good record, too."

beenieman

Postby beenieman » 26 Nov 2011, 09:16

Saw Greens. Party at K road of all places. And Turei said nothing! Even the horse whisperer on the other side of Norman had a better profile.

Hilary Barry had a great line earlier saying Peters isn't here yet but there's a bar outside town he's probably there.

Hoping no Brash. He did a worse job than Hide ever could have.

Magilla
Otago Mago

Postby Magilla » 26 Nov 2011, 10:10

Brash has resigned as ACT leader. Good riddance. Maori lost a seat to Labour.

beenieman

Postby beenieman » 26 Nov 2011, 10:53

Time for a new thread!

Magilla
Otago Mago

Postby Magilla » 26 Nov 2011, 22:17

But...but...but...we were going to make 80 pages. :(

beenieman

Postby beenieman » 26 Nov 2011, 22:52

One of our posters wanted us to start again. He's been born again as a NZ Firster and wanted to put his old posts behind him.

The Write Profile
2017 BCB Cup Champ

Postby The Write Profile » 26 Nov 2011, 23:45

beenieman wrote:One of our posters wanted us to start again. He's been born again as a NZ Firster and wanted to put his old posts behind him.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
It's before my time but I've been told, he never came back from Karangahape Road.

never/ever

Postby never/ever » 27 Nov 2011, 08:14

beenieman wrote:One of our posters wanted us to start again. He's been born again as a NZ Firster and wanted to put his old posts behind him.

Demonize him!
kath wrote:i do not wanna buy the world a fucquin gotdamn coke.

The Red Heifer
Fucking Crackers

Postby The Red Heifer » 27 Nov 2011, 23:21

Magilla wrote:There are some smug, blowhard Young Nats at Sky City on TV3 now.

I thought exactly the same thing :lol: but was hardly going to say it with a 24 year old National with a bottle of champagne down the hatch next to me :lol:
Wadesmith wrote:Why is it that when there's a 'What do you think of this?' post, it's always absolute cobblers?

Magilla
Otago Mago

Postby Magilla » 28 Nov 2011, 01:47

I've cut 'n' pasted this from the somewhat premature "part two" thread. ;)

Some thoughts:

1. Banks is in alone. No Brash. And Brash is touting this as a good result! Could Hide have done worse? At least Banks won't have to worry about a leadership coup? this, after 15 years, is the end of an independent thinking ACT party

Hide might've won Epsom, but even when he was leader he failed to stop the infighting and generally moronic behaviour so I think ACT would've done as poorly anyway. ACT will become a one-man-band ala Dunne and Anderton, Banks was a long-term Natioonal MP and he is once again in all but name. Glad there's no Brash, though.

2. Goff has security people looking around crowd for snipers while he speaks!

Not literally, but that is more or less a good metaphor for the inevitable leadership contest. My money's on David Parker.

3. Just missing out for Greens was their first Deaf member of Parliament. Talk about ticking off all the bases

And good on them. They have very ably widened their appeal where others have lost ground.

4. Asset sales to Iwi now?

If there are any asset sales, they won't all go to iwi, but there'll be a percentage that might, in order to keep the Maori Party quiet.

5. Andrew Little a disaster. I gotta say watching him on TV over the past few years he is pretty uninspiring. I wasn't surprised.

Bad result for him. He's been a very effective EPMU leader, but maybe isn't suited to party politcs, it'd appear. Maybe he'll be like Mark Blumsky and chuck it in after a term because he found out the hard way it wasn't for him.

6. Sharples & Turia will both be leaving at the end of this term. And probably Dunne. National really need to secure Greens for their long term survival. Hopefully the Greens leverage their position instead of saying Labour are the only right wingers they can work with.

The Greens will weedle a Mem. of Understanding for sure, but I hope they really squeeze a hell of a lot more out of National than they did last term.

7. Christchurch Central is dead heat. If after specials a seat has a tie then it's a coin toss. Perhaps that's how they should decide all seats. Then we wouldn't have unlucky people in Parliament.

It won't be tied after specials. National has done well in Christchurch simply because of the 'quake. They gained sympathy from Chch voters that way.

8. National got biggest vote of any party since 1951, Whither the comments about Key being a poor politican or National a bad manager / government now?

Key is indeed a good politician in terms of securing votes and appeal. That doesn't necessarily make their polcies automatically good, though. Also, as Hooten said on RNZ this morning, National are now at the peak of their appeal. They have to spend some of their political capital and this will cost support. He also said that unless they make some solid achievements they can't just once again promise "a brighter future" in three years. I can't believe how many times I've agreed with Hooten this campaign. :evil:
Historically, the second term is when things start getting tough for a gov't and they just start to seem a little tired. The same will happen with this lot.

9. Peters is back. I believed in him while all others doubted. A shame he won't be in a position to stop asset sales, that's up to Maori Party, but at least we'll have an effective opposition now.

Key has only himself to blame for his return, too. He balls-up the teapot fiasco badly and Peters milked it. Peters will indeed be out make life tough for the Nats, his ego demands it.

beenieman

Postby beenieman » 28 Nov 2011, 02:15

Good response. That other thread isn't taking off is it?

I wanted it name it Part 2 in Maori but couldn't find the Maori word for 2 on the web. I'm pretty sure they counted that high :D

Is it Roa?

beenieman

Postby beenieman » 28 Nov 2011, 02:28

Magilla wrote:I personally think Jacinda Ahern is gorgeous. :P

I just remembered she was staying with Darren Hughes at Paul Henry's place while they investigated Hughes for his bad behaviour. That's enough to make her ugly right there :D

I just googled her. She photographs well. She looked bad on Saturday though.

Return to “Classic Threads & Treasury of Mirth”