Im off

Backslapping time. Well done us. We are fantastic.
Stirling Moss

Postby Stirling Moss » 13 Jun 2006, 21:49

Image

The Human League enjoy some post-gig drinks / snacks after their recent 80s Revival Package Tour appearance at Grimsby Polytechnic.

Minnie, Boss of Appropriate Posting

Postby Minnie, Boss of Appropriate Posting » 13 Jun 2006, 21:54

Diamond Wolfie wrote:Image

The Human League enjoy some post-gig drinks / snacks after their recent 80s Revival Package Tour appearance at Grimsby Polytechnic.


:lol:

User avatar
sloopjohnc
Posts: 62492
Joined: 03 Jun 2004, 20:12
Location: One quake away from beachfront property
Contact:

Postby sloopjohnc » 13 Jun 2006, 22:17

I can't really say anything about the good, gone Captain on how he's dressed, except that he's smart enough to sit between two beautiful women.

I'll miss him because of all the scrapes he got himself into, that in my eyes, were up for a Darwin award---not for one thing, mind you, but the continuous running backwards against human intellectual evolutionary progress.

I play basketball every Saturday with this guy who is terrible----can never make a shot. I was sitting out a game, and after this guy missed yet another shot, another guy leans over and says, "You'd think Sly would make a lay up just by sheer repetition and the law of averages."

That to me, was the good Captain.
WG Kaspar wrote:I'm a happy bunny.

User avatar
bhoywonder
The Magnificent
Posts: 27391
Joined: 16 Jul 2003, 19:06
Location: Bristol, UK
Contact:

Postby bhoywonder » 14 Jun 2006, 09:33

Sir David Quelm Essex OBE wrote:He looks like a bit of a twat, tho', doesn't he? I didn't expect that.


No? He's a twat. Why wouldn't he look like a twat?

User avatar
Sea Of Tunes
down the drain
Posts: 19092
Joined: 17 Jul 2003, 17:44
Location: 5 Star Member - It's Official
Contact:

Postby Sea Of Tunes » 14 Jun 2006, 09:44

Seeing how things develop, I promise all of you that this thread will make 90 pages. And more.
Up next: 30 pages about Minnie's weight situation, her leather garments sizes, etc. etc. etc.
It is not down on any map. True places never are.

Minnie, Boss of Appropriate Posting

Postby Minnie, Boss of Appropriate Posting » 14 Jun 2006, 09:45

Price of Pies wrote:
Sir David Quelm Essex OBE wrote:He looks like a bit of a twat, tho', doesn't he? I didn't expect that.


No? He's a twat. Why wouldn't he look like a twat?


Give it a fookin rest. :roll:

User avatar
bhoywonder
The Magnificent
Posts: 27391
Joined: 16 Jul 2003, 19:06
Location: Bristol, UK
Contact:

Postby bhoywonder » 14 Jun 2006, 09:45

Minnie the Minx wrote:
Price of Pies wrote:
Sir David Quelm Essex OBE wrote:He looks like a bit of a twat, tho', doesn't he? I didn't expect that.


No? He's a twat. Why wouldn't he look like a twat?


Give it a fookin rest. :roll:


Oh, OK. Since you say so.

Bungo the Mungo

Postby Bungo the Mungo » 14 Jun 2006, 10:23

He's a normal lad. There are millions like him. It's us that are the freaks. Never lose sight of that fact.

On you go.

User avatar
The Prof
Composing a revolutionary symphony
Posts: 45007
Joined: 16 Jul 2003, 18:32
Location: A Metropolis of Discontent

Postby The Prof » 14 Jun 2006, 10:44

Sir David Quelm Essex OBE wrote:He's a normal lad. There are millions like him. It's us that are the freaks.


I think there's a lot of truth in that :shock:

User avatar
Deebank
Resonator
Posts: 22917
Joined: 10 Oct 2003, 13:47
Location: In a beautiful place out in the country

Postby Deebank » 14 Jun 2006, 10:49

Sir David Quelm Essex OBE wrote:He's a normal lad. There are millions like him. It's us that are the freaks. Never lose sight of that fact.

On you go.


He speaks the truth :lol:

At least that pic of Swordy has put my mind at rest. I know a Paul that lives in Preston, has similar musical tastes, likes pies (that goes with the territory), is slightly hapless, but basically a nice bloke. I now know for certain they ain't one and the same... I'm now thinking there must be something in that Ribble water up there!
I've been talking about writing a book - 25 years of TEFL - for a few years now. I've got it in me.

Paid anghofio fod dy galon yn y chwyldro

User avatar
PENK
Midnight to Six Man
Posts: 34382
Joined: 07 Aug 2004, 20:12
Location: Stockholm

Postby PENK » 14 Jun 2006, 12:44

Classic Prof wrote:
Sir David Quelm Essex OBE wrote:He's a normal lad. There are millions like him. It's us that are the freaks.


I think there's a lot of truth in that :shock:


There's no hope for any of us is there :(
Copehead wrote:I have met Gruff Rhys - although he claimed he wasn't and that he couldn't speak Welsh, as I spoke to him in Welsh, but it was him lying bastard.

User avatar
The Prof
Composing a revolutionary symphony
Posts: 45007
Joined: 16 Jul 2003, 18:32
Location: A Metropolis of Discontent

Postby The Prof » 14 Jun 2006, 12:47

Penk wrote:
Classic Prof wrote:
Sir David Quelm Essex OBE wrote:He's a normal lad. There are millions like him. It's us that are the freaks.


I think there's a lot of truth in that :shock:


There's no hope for any of us is there :(


Only by following Sword's lead.



**Buggers off to join the Preston Orange Lodge**

User avatar
Prince Of Peace
Arisen From the Ashes
Posts: 2470
Joined: 30 May 2006, 06:23
Location: Embracing The Gloom

Postby Prince Of Peace » 14 Jun 2006, 13:10

Classic Prof wrote:
Sir David Quelm Essex OBE wrote:He's a normal lad. There are millions like him. It's us that are the freaks.


I think there's a lot of truth in that :shock:


Speak for yourself, you Northern twat.
Image

User avatar
The Prof
Composing a revolutionary symphony
Posts: 45007
Joined: 16 Jul 2003, 18:32
Location: A Metropolis of Discontent

Postby The Prof » 14 Jun 2006, 13:59

Prince Of Peace wrote:
Classic Prof wrote:
Sir David Quelm Essex OBE wrote:He's a normal lad. There are millions like him. It's us that are the freaks.


I think there's a lot of truth in that :shock:


Speak for yourself, you Northern twat.


Right you are, Pete "Zep_Freak"

User avatar
Oscar
Northern Taoist
Posts: 11995
Joined: 16 Jul 2003, 19:33

Postby Oscar » 14 Jun 2006, 14:43

Sir David Quelm Essex OBE wrote:He's a normal lad. There are millions like him. It's us that are the freaks. Never lose sight of that fact.

On you go.


This is actually a very accurate statement. In my own work and in social settings I used to be surrounded by people who were fairly enlightened about acceptable attitudes and behaviour and that gives you the impression that society as a whole is becoming socially cohesive. Since I've moved back into a comunity I'm having a lot more contact with 'normal' people - which is great - but I have found that racial intolerance seems to be more strained now that at any time that I can remember. I think recent issues about immigration and obviously the recent acts of terrorism have stretched people's tolerance to breaking point. I feel very much the odd one out when these issues are raised. :(

DQ

Postby DQ » 14 Jun 2006, 14:46

But formal educators wouldn't be much use if they spent all their time in the staffroom aggreing with each other, as community educators aren't much use if they spend their lives in the wine bar with colleagues agreeing with each other.

Obviously, it's landed you right in the middle of a challenge.

Bungo the Mungo

Postby Bungo the Mungo » 14 Jun 2006, 15:06

Cognitive Recalcitrance wrote:But formal educators wouldn't be much use if they spent all their time in the staffroom aggreing with each other, as community educators aren't much use if they spend their lives in the wine bar with colleagues agreeing with each other.

Obviously, it's landed you right in the middle of a challenge.


Exactly.

That was the cheap perfume smell I was starting to get from the whole self-righteous discussion anyway.

Some people here have led very sheltered lives indeed.

User avatar
bhoywonder
The Magnificent
Posts: 27391
Joined: 16 Jul 2003, 19:06
Location: Bristol, UK
Contact:

Postby bhoywonder » 14 Jun 2006, 15:16

Sir David Quelm Essex OBE wrote:
Cognitive Recalcitrance wrote:But formal educators wouldn't be much use if they spent all their time in the staffroom aggreing with each other, as community educators aren't much use if they spend their lives in the wine bar with colleagues agreeing with each other.

Obviously, it's landed you right in the middle of a challenge.


Exactly.

That was the cheap perfume smell I was starting to get from the whole self-righteous discussion anyway.

Some people here have led very sheltered lives indeed.


Again with the 'some people'. Why don't you just say who you mean?

Bungo the Mungo

Postby Bungo the Mungo » 14 Jun 2006, 15:25

Price of Pies wrote:
Sir David Quelm Essex OBE wrote:
Cognitive Recalcitrance wrote:But formal educators wouldn't be much use if they spent all their time in the staffroom aggreing with each other, as community educators aren't much use if they spend their lives in the wine bar with colleagues agreeing with each other.

Obviously, it's landed you right in the middle of a challenge.


Exactly.

That was the cheap perfume smell I was starting to get from the whole self-righteous discussion anyway.

Some people here have led very sheltered lives indeed.


Again with the 'some people'. Why don't you just say who you mean?


I don't remember names. And anyway, like I say, it was an overall smell I got. A tone.

If I knew names, would you expect me to list them anyway? The following people are guilty of social elitism: :roll:

Minnie, Boss of Appropriate Posting

Postby Minnie, Boss of Appropriate Posting » 14 Jun 2006, 15:50

I'm as opinionated a wanky liberal as the next opinionated wanky liberal and am as capable as the next opinionated wanky liberal of making potential misjudgements about the personalities of people.

But when I move out of wanky opinionated liberal mode is when people whom I don't really know suggest to me I should be a bit ashamed for mixing with the wrong crowd, tut tut.


It's not whatever the crowd did..that I can deal with on my own.

I won't be patronised though into feeling that I SHOULD have specific sentiments towards someone..that is what has irked me, today.