Group hug - the remix.

Backslapping time. Well done us. We are fantastic.
Moleskin
Location: We began to notice that we could be free, And we moved together to the West.

Postby Moleskin » 10 May 2006, 22:07

molony wrote:Don't people go and 'sit on the cock' to make them more fertile?

Apparently, yes. Such an event is depicted at the end of the execrable Ben Elton film, Maybe Baby, is it not?
@hewsim
-the artist formerly known as comrade moleskin-
-the unforgettable waldo jeffers-

Jug Band Music
my own music

Carl's Son
Grade A Shitpipe

Postby Carl's Son » 11 May 2006, 13:27

Marquis De Scarborough wrote:
Chris Chopping wrote:1. I am writing this list to put off finishing an essay.

2. I've spent the past year longing for uni to end and now i have to get a proper job I still have no idea what I want to do and I'm terrified.

3. About a year and a half ago I won a local young poets competition.

4. I haven't written a poem since.

5. I think i may be very ill but...

6. I am not signed up with a dr and getting signed up is such a fiddle that I've not yet seen anyone.

7. I can still only play Mull of Kintyre and the two 'songs' I have written. They make me happy.

9. At 21, I am also still a virgin.

10. I love food. Love it. I've just had a pizza followed by a chocolate donut but I saw a cornetto ad and now i want one of them too. I often eat until I feel sick. I love food! :)

More importantly, what happened to number 8?

8. I cant count.
I can just about handle you driving like a pissed up crackhead and treating women like beanbags but I'm gonna say this once and once only Gene, stay out of Camberwick Green!

www.chrischopping.virb.com

http://thatidiotchrischopping.blogspot.com

Nikki Gradual
nasty, brutish and short

Postby Nikki Gradual » 11 May 2006, 13:39

Chris Chopping wrote:

2. I've spent the past year longing for uni to end and now i have to get a proper job I still have no idea what I want to do and I'm terrified.

6. I am not signed up with a dr and getting signed up is such a fiddle that I've not yet seen anyone.

7. I can still only play Mull of Kintyre and the two 'songs' I have written. They make me happy.

10. I love food. Love it. I've just had a pizza followed by a chocolate donut but I saw a cornetto ad and now i want one of them too. I often eat until I feel sick. I love food! :)

8. I cant count.

11. Or use apostrophes.
"He's thrown a kettle over a pub; what have you done?"

Carl's Son
Grade A Shitpipe

Postby Carl's Son » 11 May 2006, 13:54

Nikki Gradual wrote:
Chris Chopping wrote:

8. I cant count.

11. Or use apostrophes.

Hell, I coulda done another list of ten with just my problems with grammar but I thought it goes without saying!
I can just about handle you driving like a pissed up crackhead and treating women like beanbags but I'm gonna say this once and once only Gene, stay out of Camberwick Green!

www.chrischopping.virb.com

http://thatidiotchrischopping.blogspot.com

Nikki Gradual
nasty, brutish and short

Postby Nikki Gradual » 11 May 2006, 13:57

Chris Chopping wrote:
Nikki Gradual wrote:
Chris Chopping wrote:

8. I cant count.

11. Or use apostrophes.

Hell, I coulda done another list of ten with just my problems with grammar but I thought it goes without saying!

Have you been to the bloody doctor's yet?
"He's thrown a kettle over a pub; what have you done?"

toomanyhatz
Power-mad king of the WCC
Location: Just east of where Charlie Parker went to do some relaxin'

Postby toomanyhatz » 11 May 2006, 19:04

Nikki Gradual wrote:Have you been to the bloody doctor's yet?

I don't know how Chris feels about this, but I know putting "bloody" in the same sentence with "Doctor" wouldn't exactly encourage me to go.

But seriously, Chris- definitely go! Don't mess around with important stuff like health. And be glad you live in a country where it's available to you [insert generic complaint about America's lack of socialized medicine here].
Footy wrote:
The Who / Jimi Hendrix Experience Saville Theatre, London Jan '67
. Got Jimi's autograph after the show and went on to see him several times that year

1959 1963 1965 1966 1974 1977 1978 1981 1988 2017* 2018 2020!! 2023?

Thesiger

Postby Thesiger » 11 May 2006, 20:08

moonie wrote:
goldwax wrote:
Velvis wrote:1. I know she's the Queen of Deceit and Lies, but dammit, I find Condoleeza Rice sexy.

Gross!

Just to take the thread waaaaayyy off base, Condi's favorite professor was Madeline Albright's father...if that's not irony, I don't know what is!

I think you're right. You don't know what irony is. :)
BCB Cup - R.U. 2010: W 2012

moonie

Postby moonie » 11 May 2006, 20:27

Thesiger wrote:I think you're right. You don't know what irony is. :)

You have my full attention, please explain...

Johnny Fartpants

Postby Johnny Fartpants » 11 May 2006, 20:30

moonie wrote:

It's a bit like steely.

Billybob Dylan
Bonehead

Postby Billybob Dylan » 11 May 2006, 20:34

Johnny Fartpants wrote:
moonie wrote:

It's a bit like steely.

... only more ferrous.

Errant Panda

Postby Errant Panda » 11 May 2006, 22:11

It's like goldy and bronzy only it's made of iron.
As I am right 98% of the time I see no point in quibbling over 3%

moonie

Postby moonie » 12 May 2006, 02:14

Errant Panda wrote:It's like goldy and bronzy only it's made of iron.

Hopefully it's in better shape than this iron knee

atomic loonybin
ready for the house

Postby atomic loonybin » 12 May 2006, 11:10

goldwax wrote:
Errant Panda wrote:It's like goldy and bronzy only it's made of iron.

At your service, sir!

But, um, who's this bronzy chap?

Big Bill Bronzy.

tweetybird

Postby tweetybird » 13 May 2006, 13:57

Oh well, the thread is dead so no-one will read this, hopefully... I'll spare you the self-loathing and my many failures, in any event. I can't remember if I'd written anything last year, so this is from the top of my head.

1. I find it difficult to talk about emotional stuff and really admire all those of you who'd written on this thread. It's a humbling experience, and an uplifting one at the same time. I care for a the many of you who share their difficulties and doubts and I wish I had more to offer in the way of advice, but I feel so unqualified to do so - especially regarding drinking.

2. I need music like I need air or food. It's a physical necessity. I can't go a day without music. Even if I don't have music playing, it still plays in my head. All my dreams have a musical soundtrack, every night.

3. My nieces and nephews are the love of my life. I'm especailly close to my two nieces by my middle sister. They are the sweetest, most beautiful, gentle princesses, and they make life worth living.

4. I try not to think about the fact that I don't have children of my own and will most likely not have any.

5. I'm the shortest BCBer.

6. I'd post more often but my current heavy workload doesn't allow it. I'm not complaining, though - I'm very grateful for having a decent job after a long time. So I mostly lurk and read whenever and whatever I can. There's a lot of great stuff on these here threads.

7. Work also means that I've put aside my plans for a PhD. My colleagues urge me to do it, though, which will open up more work opportunities. But just the thought of spending more years in libraries, exhausts me. And I'd rather work and have a broader social life, than bury myself in books again.

8. The various aches and pains I've had recently have reminded me that I have to return to regular physical exercise. Swimming and bike riding, or even just walking, will have to be added to the daily routine.

9. I'm partially deaf, which makes it difficult to follow conversations when I'm in large groups.

10. I'm considering getting a cat or a dog. I can't decide which. I'm a dog person really, but don't have the heart to leave the pup alone in the house when I go out. Cats manage better on their own.

11. Okay, so there's more than 10. All the avatars I've used have been of men, which may have confused some people.
I also believe that TRSP is really a sheep, and that Heilan Coo is a .... coo?

12. I should get back to writing - short stories, poems - as I used to do when I was younger. I'm afraid I'm not good enough, though.

13. I would like one day to drive across the US, see the land and its people up close.

14. My current favourite word in English is "bollocks".
Quaco wrote: Life isn't always fun, but it's the only open pub in a ghost town. What else is there to do?

take5_d_shorterer

Postby take5_d_shorterer » 14 May 2006, 02:44

Velvis wrote:1. I know she's the Queen of Deceit and Lies, but dammit, I find Condoleeza Rice sexy.

One of my friends who is about as left as one can be made a similar remark, albeit a little more qualified. He said that he Rice was better looking than Donald Rumsfeld. My response at that time, which I think is relevant here, is that it wouldn't matter if it was Donald Rumsfeld who chewed up some lunch and then spit it out or whether it was Cond. Rice, I wouldn't want to get anywhere near the half-digested cud of either cabinet member.

This is primarily what I think about when I think of either person. I find that I am absolutely not attracted in any way to either.

On the subject of Rice and the claim that her favorite professor was Madeleine Albright's father, this doesn't surprise me. If there is a secretary of state that I distrust more than Rice, it would be Albright, but that's probably because I know more about Albright.

Remember Rwanda? Remember the 800,000 who were killed in the 1994 conflict? The UN was voting to send peace-keeping troops there. The vote went to the security council where the US vetoed the measure. The US Ambassador to the UN? the future Madame Secretary. Even Rice, whom I expect to authorize the death warrants of thousands of civilians, even Rice, I would have expected under similar circumstances to look in the mirror and look at the color of her own skin and the color of the skin of the people in, well, Rwanda, and think once or twice about whether it would be better to resign rather than veto sending peace-keeping troops.

But I honestly don't know the minds of people who become secretary of state. I have no idea. It is the dirtiest cabinet position of all. Nothing comes close.

moonie

Postby moonie » 14 May 2006, 02:53

take5_d_shorterer wrote:Remember Rwanda? Remember the 800,000 who were killed in the 1994 conflict? The UN was voting to send peace-keeping troops there. The vote went to the security council where the US vetoed the measure. The US Ambassador to the UN? the future Madame Secretary. Even Rice, whom I expect to authorize the death warrants of thousands of civilians, even Rice, I would have expected under similar circumstances to look in the mirror and look at the color of her own skin and the color of the skin of the people in, well, Rwanda, and think once or twice about whether it would be better to resign rather than veto sending peace-keeping troops.

I don't see Condi attacking the challenge of Darfur to readily, D. Of course, she's not UN Ambassador, but she's still in a better position than most to make some sort of difference there. Isn't the Sudanese government harboring terrorists??

take5_d_shorterer

Postby take5_d_shorterer » 14 May 2006, 04:56

Moonie wrote: I don't see Condi attacking the challenge of Darfur to readily, D. Of course, she's not UN Ambassador, but she's still in a better position than most to make some sort of difference there. Isn't the Sudanese government harboring terrorists??

t5d writes: A couple of comments:

1) I have to admit here to being very, very ignorant of the crisis in Darfur, especially the most recent events. Having said that,

2) I think that, to make a general comment about the US and Darfur, that the US has thrown away its ability to help make the situation better in Darfur. There are two reasons for this. a) One is that the US isn't really seen in that region as an advocate of peaceful negotiation. It's seen as a nation that invaded a Middle Eastern nation with a substantial population of Muslims. Given in particular that the Darfur conflict has some relation to disputes between Arab and non-Arab entites in the Sudan, the US's lack of neutrality in Muslim and Arab issues is a big setback. "Lack of neutrality" is actually now that I look back at that sentence a totally lame euphamism for invading another country. The idea of the US brokering an agreement here is sort of like the idea that Strom Thurmond insisting on putting himself front and center of the Rodney James riots and trying to broker a cessation in the violence there.

b) The second reason is that the US has a bad history with the Sudan. Clinton went and bombed the country, claiming that they were creating biological weapons. The UN I believe subsequently investigated this claim and couldn't find evidence that this was the case (James Reston, by the way, wrote about this in the NYT.) Now I can't remember the exact timeline on this so I don't know if Albright was secretary of state of US ambassador to the UN at that time, but whichever the case, it was on her watch.

P.S. I see that I've taken the thread pretty far away from its original intent. Let's get back to the initial idea, or to put this in other words, ``We return to our programme with action already in progress.''

Prez!
Stern Victorian Ponce

Postby Prez! » 14 May 2006, 10:28

tweetybird wrote:5. I'm the shortest BCBer.

Well, I read your post, as I've read all of them & as you said the honesty is humbling.

Only one thing though, I bet I'm shorter! :wink:

the masked man
Schadenfreude

Postby the masked man » 14 May 2006, 10:30

new musical exprez wrote:
tweetybird wrote:5. I'm the shortest BCBer.

Well, I read your post, as I've read all of them & as you said the honesty is humbling.

Only one thing though, I bet I'm shorter! :wink:

Funny thing is - as soon as I read Tweetybird's post, the first thing that came into my head was "I take it she hasn't met Prez, then!" :oops: :twisted:

The Fish
Beer Battered

Postby The Fish » 14 May 2006, 10:34

The gauntlet is down. Tape measures at the ready. Come on you two we need figures to back up your respective claims. Personally I think Prez is a bit complacent before the big match. I mean women do come in smaller sizes generally don't they ?
We're way past rhubarb

Return to “Classic Threads & Treasury of Mirth”