Group hug - the remix.

Backslapping time. Well done us. We are fantastic.
Errant Panda

Postby Errant Panda » 10 May 2006, 14:48

Chris Chopping wrote:I wont. I do intend to get checked out. I just have shit organisational skills and I've had a lot on my plate recently.

To be fair, you live in Northampton, where there's a horrendous GP to people ratio. But surely the uni (I still think of it as Nene College) has an in-house set-up?

If not - still no excuse. There's a massive GP practice within 15 minutes brisk walk of Park Campus, which was mine growing up. Listen carefully:

Go out Park Campus through the main exit onto Boughton Green Road. Then go down Yardley Drive. This is the one on the opposite side of the road, between the entrance and exits of the campus, which runs alongside the underground reservoir thingy, which is on the right had side of the road as you walk down it. There's a primary school at the end of it (my old one as it happens).

When you get there, you're on Holly Lodge Drive. Turn left, and go all the way to the bottom of the hill to the traffic lights. Turn right, and cross the road. It's about 200 yards further on, you'll walk past it on your left, before you reach the little service road that leads into it. It's opposite the ambulance station.

If this is too complicated, just turn left out of campus, go all the way down the hill to Kingsthorpe shops (i.e. the Old Five Bells pub, I'm sure you know where that is), then turn right on to A508 Harborough Road and keep going - eventually you'll get to the same traffic lights as mentioned above (just after the BP garage and before the cemetry), only coming from this direction you'll need to keep straight on. This is a bit further, but a simpler route.
As I am right 98% of the time I see no point in quibbling over 3%

Chestnuts roasting on an open Fireplug

Postby Chestnuts roasting on an open Fireplug » 10 May 2006, 14:54

Bob wrote:
Velvis wrote:3. If your goal is not to be a hypocrite, after awhile you have nothing to say about anything.

If there were a Treasury of Wisdom, this would go straight in.

I was about to pay a similar compliment. A great quote.

Marquis de Scarborough
Not Nobility

Postby Marquis de Scarborough » 10 May 2006, 16:59

Chris Chopping wrote:1. I am writing this list to put off finishing an essay.

2. I've spent the past year longing for uni to end and now i have to get a proper job I still have no idea what I want to do and I'm terrified.

3. About a year and a half ago I won a local young poets competition.

4. I haven't written a poem since.

5. I think i may be very ill but...

6. I am not signed up with a dr and getting signed up is such a fiddle that I've not yet seen anyone.

7. I can still only play Mull of Kintyre and the two 'songs' I have written. They make me happy.

9. At 21, I am also still a virgin.

10. I love food. Love it. I've just had a pizza followed by a chocolate donut but I saw a cornetto ad and now i want one of them too. I often eat until I feel sick. I love food! :)

More importantly, what happened to number 8?
GoatBoy wrote: Honestly, if Angelina Jolie had a Wolverhampton accent I think I’d have to restrict her to just a blow job.

Come and have a go if you think you're hard enough...

Moleskin
Location: We began to notice that we could be free, And we moved together to the West.

Postby Moleskin » 10 May 2006, 17:20

Johnny Fartpants wrote:
moleskin wrote:2. I morris dance.

:shock:

I expected that. It's a laugh and a good excuse to visit lots of pubs and drink in them.
@hewsim
-the artist formerly known as comrade moleskin-
-the unforgettable waldo jeffers-

Jug Band Music
my own music

Moleskin
Location: We began to notice that we could be free, And we moved together to the West.

Postby Moleskin » 10 May 2006, 17:20

Scally Mcgrew wrote:
moleskin wrote:
I morris dance

Ha ha.

moleskin wrote:
I'm a committed onanist

Wanker.

Yay!
@hewsim

Jug Band Music
my own music

Nikki Gradual
nasty, brutish and short

Postby Nikki Gradual » 10 May 2006, 17:22

moleskin wrote:
Johnny Fartpants wrote:
moleskin wrote:2. I morris dance.

:shock:

I expected that. It's a laugh and a good excuse to visit lots of pubs and drink in them.

Pull the other one, it's got bells on.
"He's thrown a kettle over a pub; what have you done?"

moonie

Postby moonie » 10 May 2006, 18:20

goldwax wrote:
Velvis wrote:1. I know she's the Queen of Deceit and Lies, but dammit, I find Condoleeza Rice sexy.

Gross!

Just to take the thread waaaaayyy off base, Condi's favorite professor was Madeline Albright's father...if that's not irony, I don't know what is!

Sea Of Tunes

Postby Sea Of Tunes » 10 May 2006, 18:22

goldwax wrote:
Velvis wrote:1. I know she's the Queen of Deceit and Lies, but dammit, I find Condoleeza Rice sexy.

Gross!

Honest, more like. I can see Velvis' point. There is a superb photo of her playing Brahms piano in her music room, accompanied by a string quartet. Again proof that intelligence and a fine body have nothing to do with morals and ethics.

sensi

Postby sensi » 10 May 2006, 18:52

neverknows wrote:What is morris dancing? Does it involve cars?

http://www.winchester-morris-men.org.uk/history.htm

Moleskin

Postby Moleskin » 10 May 2006, 18:55

neverknows wrote:What is morris dancing? Does it involve cars?

Only when they get in the way. :)

It is traditional English folk dance. Performed with bells on your legs, and either waving hankies or sticks. There are various different traditions, each named for the village in which they originated. The details of the movements differ based on the tradition. eg., Bledington hankie dances you wave the hankies in front of you as if pretending they were the propellors on a WW2 bomber, whereas for Adderbury you use the hankies to trace either a) ears and trunk of an elephant or b) the most striking bit of the Cerne Abbas giant.
@hewsim

Jug Band Music
my own music

Jumper k

Postby Jumper k » 10 May 2006, 19:40

Griff yesterday.

Sea Of Tunes

Postby Sea Of Tunes » 10 May 2006, 19:45

Jumper K wrote:Image

Griff yesterday.

Nice dick. Is it lifelike?

Jumper k

Postby Jumper k » 10 May 2006, 19:48

Sea Of Tunes wrote:

Griff yesterday.

Only if yours is 10 foot long and smells of grass, which is entirely possible if you come from Amsterdam.

Sea Of Tunes

Postby Sea Of Tunes » 10 May 2006, 19:49

Jumper K wrote:
Sea Of Tunes wrote:

Griff yesterday.

Only if yours is 10 foot long and smells of grass, which is entirely possible if you come from Amsterdam.

:lol:

Molony

Postby Molony » 10 May 2006, 20:43

Don't people go and 'sit on the cock' to make them more fertile?

harvey k-tel
Long Player

Postby harvey k-tel » 10 May 2006, 20:44

molony wrote:6. I strongly suspect that we are on our own, but I'd give anything for a sign from Him Upstairs. Anything...

Send me $50,000 and I'll send you proof.
Tempora mutatur et nos mutamur in illis

Molony

Postby Molony » 10 May 2006, 20:46

Will you take a cheque, or can you do Pay-Pal?

harvey k-tel
Long Player

Postby harvey k-tel » 10 May 2006, 20:50

molony wrote:Will you take a cheque, or can you do Pay-Pal?

A cheque's fine, but it'll have to clear before I send you anything.
Tempora mutatur et nos mutamur in illis

Molony

Postby Molony » 10 May 2006, 20:58

Can you guarantee enlightenment and peace of mind...man?

Return to “Classic Threads & Treasury of Mirth”