Uh oh

Backslapping time. Well done us. We are fantastic.
User avatar
Velvis
Mellowed down easy
Posts: 15806
Joined: 16 Jul 2003, 23:21
Location: on Grand Street, where the neon madmen climb

Postby Velvis » 17 Apr 2005, 02:46

4H - Adam Plague wrote:For fuck's sake.

It's late. I'm stoned and lazy.


Just put your fingers on the keyboard as if it were a planchette at a seance and do some automatic writing.
a gibbon running freely

User avatar
Poppypoobah
Resident Hotty
Posts: 17501
Joined: 18 Jul 2003, 23:03
Location: Paradise
Contact:

Postby Poppypoobah » 17 Apr 2005, 02:48

4H - Adam Plague wrote:For fuck's sake.

It's late. I'm stoned and lazy.
You're ok too, I kinda like you even if you didn't get that I was riffing on your walking in a straight line post the other day.

User avatar
Martial Lawniz
BCB Troll
Posts: 6772
Joined: 14 Apr 2005, 20:09

Postby Martial Lawniz » 17 Apr 2005, 02:50

take5_d_shorterer wrote:This is an alias.


See Rule 4 on the Rules for Lying list.

--
Judgement Day is upon you
Posts: 13431
Joined: 14 Nov 2003, 17:51

Postby -- » 17 Apr 2005, 02:54

Velvis wrote:
4H - Adam Plague wrote:For fuck's sake.

It's late. I'm stoned and lazy.


Just put your fingers on the keyboard as if it were a planchette at a seance and do some automatic writing.


But to be one hundred percent completely and totally honest with you, Velv, that's actually how I do post on here most of the time. Stick a few thoughts onto the page, tarted up with a few flowery bon mots and away you go.

Then a few posts later, launch into vituperative commentary of something another poster has said.

Sorted. Your DIY Iam posting guide!

:D ;)

Hotsie wrote:You're ok too, I kinda like you even if you didn't get that I was riffing on your walking in a straight line post the other day.


I got ya. I was just criticising my own joke-making abilities by proxy. ;)

User avatar
Velvis
Mellowed down easy
Posts: 15806
Joined: 16 Jul 2003, 23:21
Location: on Grand Street, where the neon madmen climb

Postby Velvis » 17 Apr 2005, 02:56

4H - Adam Plague wrote:
Velvis wrote:
4H - Adam Plague wrote:For fuck's sake.

It's late. I'm stoned and lazy.


Just put your fingers on the keyboard as if it were a planchette at a seance and do some automatic writing.


But to be one hundred percent completely and totally honest with you, Velv, that's actually how I do post on here most of the time. Stick a few thoughts onto the page, tarted up with a few flowery bon mots and away you go.

Then a few posts later, launch into vituperative commentary of something another poster has said.

Sorted. Your DIY Iam posting guide!

:D ;)


Don't forget the eye-rolling emoticon. You like that, too.
a gibbon running freely

--
Judgement Day is upon you
Posts: 13431
Joined: 14 Nov 2003, 17:51

Postby -- » 17 Apr 2005, 02:58

*raises hands*

It's a fair cop.

User avatar
Shaun
Posts: 4758
Joined: 25 Nov 2003, 09:23
Location: Not round the corner from Jimbo anymore

Postby Shaun » 17 Apr 2005, 02:59

Velvis wrote:
Hotsie wrote:Actually Wongo has the Breton game you should try that but for heavens sake tell Sensi about it before you do it! She was really pissed off the other day!


Yes. And the Wongo staff didn't mitigate that situation very well. Their defensiveness was off-putting and ugly.


You what? I think you need to re-read the thread over there - everyone was very calm and polite regarding that particular outburst.

Except me, of course..... :oops:
Don't fight the hypothetical

User avatar
C
Robust
Posts: 57281
Joined: 22 Jul 2003, 19:06

Postby C » 17 Apr 2005, 10:51

How about setting up a secret room for just those that want to discuss the existence of a secret room and other nonsense?

.

User avatar
LMG
Gentleman Thug
Posts: 9682
Joined: 16 Jul 2003, 15:47
Location: The Fortress Of Solitude

Postby LMG » 17 Apr 2005, 10:52

The Smamfy wrote:
TheBoyGiraffe wrote:Rule of lying #1: Don't forget which lies you've told.

Rule 2: And to whom.

Rule 3: if found out, deny everything.

Rule 4: If present strategy isn't working, create an alias.

Rule 5 - leave in a huff.

Rule 6 - insist that you are all ninnies and I have nothing to apologise for.

Rule 7 - Remember what your Granny told you.

Rule 8 - Ask for proof of what you said before, even though you know the post is beyond the purge date.

Rule 9 - Bring up birthday party.

Rule 10: Italicise every 8th word or so, adds gravitas to meaning.

Rule 11 - Use semantic shift: "There are no secret rooms in BCB at this time".

Rule 12: don't let solving the problem get in the way of winning the argument.


I seem to remember somebody telling Chris to grow up last week.
hello kettle?


Ha! That's right! I forgot about that!

Anyway, I showed him, and I showed them all! And I shall keep on showing them - I'm never going to grow up!
'You're sort of the Hillary Clinton of the Black Cat Bone Prog Synchronised Listen Artists Under Consideration - everyone knows who you are, but you just can't seem to get where you need to be.'

User avatar
LMG
Gentleman Thug
Posts: 9682
Joined: 16 Jul 2003, 15:47
Location: The Fortress Of Solitude

Postby LMG » 17 Apr 2005, 11:27

I would suggest some of you, specifically Griff and Diamond Dog, explain please exactly what concerns you about this and who you are concerned about and what they have done.

Griff writes treatises on 'Liars'. Footy, drunk (bless him), writes this:

Footy wrote:I don't know how I feel about this place anymore. Obviously, I'm bored rigid with this particular squabble and dismayed at all the arguing.

What I dislike is the sneaky way these snakes in the grass have conducted themselves with their apparent secretiveness regarding the whole affair. I'm made to feel inadequate in that I'm not even worth informing about the place [places?] I'm not invited to enter. The room itself is not the problem for me - I'm even content to be excluded - it's the perfidious way it's been handled.

Others have posted that this thing is not important. With respect, you are either posters who mostly haven't met these people or you are mixed up in the debacle. One or two of the 'members' have spoken openly about your involvement and that's fair enough but you've held your silence hitherto and I find that worrying. Others admit to their involvement but refuse to see the damage it's done. Others are involved with the protagonists so don't really know where their loyalties lie.


So who are you calling liars? Who are the snakes in the grass? I read though all of this and try and think 'well, which one am I?' I've no idea. And you certainly haven't addressed any of the points I have made about my involvement in this.

To repeat, I wrote last week:

I have dim memories of finding myself on this exclusive forum - it was during one of those 'the board is being spoilt by the ninnies!' flapdoodles.

The general idea, I seem to recall, was that once it got up and going, it would be revealed to the masses, voila!, as a shining example of what things SHOULD look like in a brave new world.

And, as always - well, you know the story: mice, men - you're holding the plans upsidedown, shit-for-brains, and what fucklilly laid these anyway?

It wasn't a week, I seem to recall, it was longer, but after an initial rush of enthusiasm there was no activity there whatsoever. I posted one music thread - -there were never more than a handful - and got little or no response, and then later I commented on a bitchy thread how the lofty ideals had degenerated to just what was being moaned about existing elsewhere.

In anticipation: I never objected to the place because I was registered without my knowledge, and the place didn't work at all anyway. Would I have objected if it had taken off and had operated in exclusion of others on this board? I would like to think so, but then I am a fatuous hypocrite, as others have so recently made me aware. And in any case... - oy! the fucking dog is in the fridge again and he's at my beers!

Please excuse me.


I should make clear that when the secret forum (to be more precise) first appeared, I didn't think much about it at all, just a vague feeling of 'well, that's really going to work! (not)'. Did it occur to me to make it public or disagree with those on it? Nope - but then, I don't really post much about ongoing aspects of the board much, even major ones. And I did and do consider this trivial. Coupled with that is astonishment that anyone can take the whole thing so seriously.

I expect another outburst of froth and bile over that, especially from Diamonddog, but can I please ask you to clarify in so doing what position you are ascribing to me? In other words, what am I supposed to be in all of this? A liar, a snake in the grass, someone who involved with the protagonists so doesn't really know where his loyalties lie?

I mean, feel free to carry on making your general accusations if you think for some reason it helps bring us all closer, or promotes the good of the board, which I know is your main motivation, but I really feel your comments are about as useful as references to ninnies and ming-mongs, but less amusing.

A lot less, actually.
'You're sort of the Hillary Clinton of the Black Cat Bone Prog Synchronised Listen Artists Under Consideration - everyone knows who you are, but you just can't seem to get where you need to be.'

User avatar
LMG
Gentleman Thug
Posts: 9682
Joined: 16 Jul 2003, 15:47
Location: The Fortress Of Solitude

Postby LMG » 17 Apr 2005, 11:36

Well, I would appreciate an answer or answers to my post. Both you and Jethro have said the subject has 'run its course', but people are obviously upset about it still, and there are new threads being created which carry on the debate.

While I can appreciate where you are coming from, you must be able to see that shutting something down while it is still being debated looks like censorship to some people.

Even though, of course, there is a difference betwen 'classic threads' and locking a thread - th first is still in play, the second is not.
'You're sort of the Hillary Clinton of the Black Cat Bone Prog Synchronised Listen Artists Under Consideration - everyone knows who you are, but you just can't seem to get where you need to be.'

User avatar
Poppypoobah
Resident Hotty
Posts: 17501
Joined: 18 Jul 2003, 23:03
Location: Paradise
Contact:

Postby Poppypoobah » 17 Apr 2005, 11:37

The Smamfy wrote:ok, in the next 5 minutes, I need a valid reason not to move this thread to Classic Threads. It's run it's course, it's dull, and it's clogging the drain of our healthy sink. What say ye?
Because 5 threads will be started demanding to know where it's gone,and 4 about why it was moved.

User avatar
Butch Manly
Utter Cad
Posts: 51385
Joined: 16 Jul 2003, 21:22
Location: 16 Beasley Street

Postby Butch Manly » 17 Apr 2005, 11:46

The Smamfy wrote:ok, in the next 5 minutes, I need a valid reason not to move this thread to Classic Threads. It's run it's course, it's dull, and it's clogging the drain of our healthy sink. What say ye?


try to sweep it under the carpet, you mean?
Goatboy to Belle:

"I suggest you retreat to the safety of your Facebook bubble. Griff has a post he needs you to like."

User avatar
un espion
Posts: 78
Joined: 29 Dec 2004, 01:54
Location: La douche quelque part

Postby un espion » 17 Apr 2005, 12:30

TheBoyGiraffe wrote:
The Smamfy wrote:ok, in the next 5 minutes, I need a valid reason not to move this thread to Classic Threads. It's run it's course, it's dull, and it's clogging the drain of our healthy sink. What say ye?


try to sweep it under the carpet, you mean?


Exactly!

User avatar
Diamond Dog
"Self Quoter" Extraordinaire.
Posts: 68941
Joined: 16 Jul 2003, 21:04
Location: High On Poachers Hill

Postby Diamond Dog » 17 Apr 2005, 13:28

I'm copying a post from Yakety Yak over here - basically, the attempt to sweep this under the carpet is pretty shameful, if indeed that was the reason for moving this thread into the rarely viewed "Classic Threads". It hasn't worked because, of course, someone else started yet another thread about it on YY. So, now we have yet more threads about the same subject. It isn't going to go away, you know......

Diamond Dog wrote:Right, in answer to Owen saying people knew about a secret room but didn't disclose that info. I discovered a secret room, by chance, when I stayed at Sam's in February. She told me that it was an admin thing - I left it at that. I did, however the next week mention it casually on a thread. I didn't make a big deal about it, because I can see that a room exclusively for admin people is necessary. As long as it discusses admin only. Big qualification there.

LMG asks what I want - I have make this pretty clear in "Ask The Admin" - from Thursday 14th April:

Diamond Dog wrote:
Is the 'secret' forum still going?

Who set it up?

Who was invited?

Who took up the invite?

How long did it last?

What was the intention behind it?

Why was it not made public - especially after it 'stopped'?


Martha did her best to answer these but, because she doesn't appear to have been involved directly in it, couldn't really provide detailed and specific answers. I am still awaiting answers from anyone in the 'admin' side that knows the answers. After all, it seems somewhat pointless to have an 'Ask The Admin' section if the people that know the answers in admin, don't answer any questions raised. It may be that not all the admin people know the answers - but certainly Jethro (Paul) does. So, when those questions get answered, maybe we can start to get some closure on this. Maybe.

I also made this post yesterday - it's relevant because I think it summarises how some others (besides myself) feel about the whole sorry farrago:

Diamond Dog wrote:No, I don't want anyone lynching. It really isn't my style. I would like the smallest, teeniest, incy wincy admission from some that the whole idea was ill conceived, poorly thought out and elitist.

However, I know there is more chance of me being the first Englishman in space - because the two people who seem to have either conceived the idea/defend the idea, are the two most intransigent people on the board. Unfortuntely for us, they also happen to be the originator of the board and the person that most wants to dominate said board. Unfortunately for them, they think their positions are perfectly reasonable even though not one other person has in any way agreed with their points of view.

And that, I feel, says it all.


So, does anyone else want anything answering? Of course, it would be nice if some of the others that were invited along actually stepped up to the plate and declared their position on the secret room, both then and now.


Just to try and keep this together and not dissipated into extinction.
People go on too much about the privileged background of politicians but actually Matt Hancock had a very humble upbringing in an Italian workshop owned by a woodworker named Geppetto who turned him into a human boy.

User avatar
Diamond Dog
"Self Quoter" Extraordinaire.
Posts: 68941
Joined: 16 Jul 2003, 21:04
Location: High On Poachers Hill

Postby Diamond Dog » 17 Apr 2005, 14:24

LMG wrote:I would suggest some of you, specifically Griff and Diamond Dog, explain please exactly what concerns you about this and who you are concerned about and what they have done.

I expect another outburst of froth and bile over that, especially from Diamonddog, but can I please ask you to clarify in so doing what position you are ascribing to me? In other words, what am I supposed to be in all of this? A liar, a snake in the grass, someone who involved with the protagonists so doesn't really know where his loyalties lie?



Read my post on here and on the new thread on YY started by OSCAR to answer your first paragraph.

As for the second - I ascribe to you the following: you were invited to a secret society. You took up the invite. You clearly didn't feel it was going to work. You (presumably) stopped posting in the secret room. That's pretty much it. I'm surprised you didn't make mention of it anywhere, but (like Owen) I can see you either didn't feel it was your job - or you felt uneasy enough about it not to. Or, you just didn't think it a big enough issue. I must say Chris, that doesn't exactly sit well with your froth and bile over Wongo - but you have, maybe with tongue firmly in cheek, admitted that you can be a fatuous hypocrite on another (related) thread. Whatever, you aren't (as far as I can tell) trying to defend the 'secret room'. That, I believe, summarises your position on the whole episode. If I'm wrong - please correct me. I'm sure you will.
People go on too much about the privileged background of politicians but actually Matt Hancock had a very humble upbringing in an Italian workshop owned by a woodworker named Geppetto who turned him into a human boy.

User avatar
Diamond Dog
"Self Quoter" Extraordinaire.
Posts: 68941
Joined: 16 Jul 2003, 21:04
Location: High On Poachers Hill

Postby Diamond Dog » 17 Apr 2005, 18:23

The Smamfy wrote:I moved it out of the way, so that YY can POSSIBLY TRY and get back to some fucking semblance of normality. Is that a problem? Do you really want this place to die from navel-gazing?


No, nor elitism.

As you are fully aware Sam YY gets approximately ten times the hits that "Classic Threads" does. It's also true that, because you can't add to it on YY, the link to it on YY will eventually disappear off of the first page.

That is pretty much the same as burying it, yes.

I'm sure your intentions were right Sam - truly. But surely you can see that this was going to be interpreted the way it has? Let's face it - we've had (at most) six serious threads on this. One has been locked - one has been moved. That's a pretty high average, wouldn't you say?
People go on too much about the privileged background of politicians but actually Matt Hancock had a very humble upbringing in an Italian workshop owned by a woodworker named Geppetto who turned him into a human boy.

User avatar
Diamond Dog
"Self Quoter" Extraordinaire.
Posts: 68941
Joined: 16 Jul 2003, 21:04
Location: High On Poachers Hill

Postby Diamond Dog » 17 Apr 2005, 18:29

The Smamfy wrote:I'm trying to HELP.

I can see now that my help isn't needed/appreciated.

Knock yourselves fucking out. Turn every thread on the board into a secvret room thread. I hope you'll be very happy.


And I fully understand appreciate that.

What's actually needed is for Jethro to answer the questions, instead of letting you and Martha do his dirty work for him.
People go on too much about the privileged background of politicians but actually Matt Hancock had a very humble upbringing in an Italian workshop owned by a woodworker named Geppetto who turned him into a human boy.

User avatar
Butch Manly
Utter Cad
Posts: 51385
Joined: 16 Jul 2003, 21:22
Location: 16 Beasley Street

Postby Butch Manly » 17 Apr 2005, 23:36

neverknows wrote:The ears show no sign of infection, thanks to appropriate parental care, thank you very much.


no seeping wound, then.

good work, fred.
Goatboy to Belle:

"I suggest you retreat to the safety of your Facebook bubble. Griff has a post he needs you to like."

x
sometimes abrasive
Posts: 821
Joined: 10 Oct 2004, 06:19

Postby x » 18 Apr 2005, 00:05

Eeeeeeeeeek


Ear piercings cream!