Uh oh

Backslapping time. Well done us. We are fantastic.
Butch Manly
Utter Cad

Postby Butch Manly » 17 Apr 2005, 01:03

Shredder wrote:Did anyone ask yet whether the room would have been made open to the general membership after a period of time, had it been a success?

presumably, you'd have to pass an entrance exam before you could join. unless you could prove you were a self-important, dupilicitous, unapologetic elitist you could just fuck off.
Goatboy to Belle:

"I suggest you retreat to the safety of your Facebook bubble. Griff has a post he needs you to like."

Martial Lawniz
BCB Troll

Postby Martial Lawniz » 17 Apr 2005, 01:03

Shredder wrote:Did anyone ask yet whether the room would have been made open to the general membership after a period of time, had it been a success?

They have, but the ramifications are not pointless. If they were unable to set-up a music-only forum on YY, why would they then turn a successful private experiment public? They believed YY was fucked up enough that they had to go private in order to even try it. They would probably have signed up others, expanding the membership, but made it open to all?

Remember who we are talking about here.

--
Judgement Day is upon you

Postby -- » 17 Apr 2005, 01:05

What I mean is, anyone who was involved can say that others would have been allowed in at some point as much as they like, but there's nothing they can do to prove that to those who weren't originally allowed in.

At the same time, those who weren't originally allowed can't prove that they wouldn't have been allowed access had the secret room become a fixture because it didn't.

It's all speculation and it clouds the main issue (I think?).

Penk!
Midnight to Six Man

Postby Penk! » 17 Apr 2005, 01:06

TheBoyGiraffe wrote:

presumably, you'd have to pass an entrance exam before you could join. unless you could prove you were a self-important, dupilicitous, unapologetic elitist you could just fuck off.

I'm in!
fange wrote:One of the things i really dislike in this life is people raising their voices in German.

Velvis
Mellowed down easy

Postby Velvis » 17 Apr 2005, 01:10

Well, I assume:

1. You'd have Yakety Yak for people who wanted to talk about music; and

2. The Ex-Secret Room for people who...uh...really want to talk about music in this new way...that we've developed experimentally...with... Bunsen burners and beakers...and stuff.
a gibbon running freely

Butch Manly
Utter Cad

Postby Butch Manly » 17 Apr 2005, 01:10

4H - Adam Plague wrote:What I mean is, anyone who was involved can say that others would have been allowed in at some point as much as they like, but there's nothing they can do to prove that to those who weren't originally allowed in.

At the same time, those who weren't originally allowed in know that those who were can't prove that they wouldn't have been allowed access had the secret room become a fixture because it didn't.

It's all speculation and it clouds the main issue (I think?).

who would want to be allowed in after a while?

"oh, i see. you're a secondary invitee? make sure you keep your nose clean or you'll be out on your arse. and keep it under your hat, ok?"

what a fucking idiotic idea. i'm stunned that this was ever even mooted in the first place, nevermind defended afterwards.
Goatboy to Belle:

"I suggest you retreat to the safety of your Facebook bubble. Griff has a post he needs you to like."

--

Postby -- » 17 Apr 2005, 01:15

I'm guessing that I'd probably not have been invited on exactly that basis.

I mean, I'm not really the type of poster they're looking for, with my potty mouth and my stirring.

You can imagine me turning up and seeing a few months of posts already existing.

The whole bastard thing stinks. Interesting how the excuses and denials have mutated since the beginning of the week. Back then, it was an "Admin exercise to test new functionality of the boards" (that's a paraphrase and not a quote, but I'll go and get it if necessary). Now it's a test to see if something involving the membership would have worked. I wonder what it'll be (have been?) next?

Rule of lying #1: Don't forget which lies you've told.

Martial Lawniz
BCB Troll

Postby Martial Lawniz » 17 Apr 2005, 01:19

4H - Adam Plague wrote:Rule of lying #1: Don't forget which lies you've told.

Rule 2: And to whom.

Butch Manly
Utter Cad

Postby Butch Manly » 17 Apr 2005, 01:20

Duncan wrote: but made it open to all?

quite. it was never going to be a completely egalitarian situation. let's not forget that.
Goatboy to Belle:

Footy
Filler

Postby Footy » 17 Apr 2005, 01:21

I don't know how I feel about this place anymore. Obviously, I'm bored rigid with this particular squabble and dismayed at all the arguing.

Up until this point, the frequent bickering, while sometimes unpleasant, has been forgiveable on the grounds that such tiffs probably reflect 'real' every day life. But this is fundamentally different from arguing about ninnies and what should be posted where.

I have nothing new to add to this debate and can only reiterate what so many others have said. I, like so many others, feel let down. I feel as though I'm being judged as inadequate, not so much for not having been invited but more from the apparent 'cover up' that has been conducted since the demise of one - and possibly two - secret rooms.
OK, my music posts probably are inadequate so being invited to the experimental stage of an exclusive music-only forum is a non-starter. I accept that. Moreover, I quite like the idea of the designated room.

What I dislike is the sneaky way these snakes in the grass have conducted themselves with their apparent secretiveness regarding the whole affair. I'm made to feel inadequate in that I'm not even worth informing about the place [places?] I'm not invited to enter. The room itself is not the problem for me - I'm even content to be excluded - it's the perfidious way it's been handled.

Others have posted that this thing is not important. With respect, you are either posters who mostly haven't met these people or you are mixed up in the debacle. One or two of the 'members' have spoken openly about your involvement and that's fair enough nut you've held your silence hitherto and I find that worrying. Others admit to their involvement but refuse to see the damage it's done. Others are involved with the protagonists so don't really know where their loyalties lie.

But there are, no doubt, others who've been involved who've also remained silent and continue to do so. And I don't know who you are. And you might be someone I've previously considered a friend but now I can't trust you and I don't know who you are so I no longer feel at ease on here as I did.

It is important because so many of us know each other so well [or thought we did, at least]

I've made a clumsy mess of this post but I'm more than a little drunk.

It's boring, I know but I had to add my disgust just so that people know where I stand. I want to be as clear in my disapproval as Griff, DD, Lenny.
I don't want others to doubt me in the way that I'm doubting others.

No doubt I'll be accused of overreaction or hysteria in some quarters but whoever does this is failing to see just how much damage has been caused here with these revelations.

Something sinister has happened to this place in the last couple of days. It's not the same.

I'm not saying, necessarily, that this is goodbye but I'm certainly taking stock of my feelings regarding this board.
Grab your coat sweetheart....I've got a knife.

Velvis
Mellowed down easy

Postby Velvis » 17 Apr 2005, 01:24

Footy wrote:I don't know how I feel about this place anymore. Obviously, I'm bored rigid with this particular squabble and dismayed at all the arguing.

Oh, we're not arguing any more. We're just making fun of the Secret Room Club. C'mon! It's fun. Get yer jabs in. They're easy targets. :lol:
a gibbon running freely

Poppypoobah
Resident Hotty

Postby Poppypoobah » 17 Apr 2005, 01:25

Footy After your posts on what it was like when you and your friends from high school when to see bands live that I've only ever dreamed of, you should have been fucking included on just those posts alone.

Velvis
Mellowed down easy

Postby Velvis » 17 Apr 2005, 01:26

neverknows wrote:
I don't. But seeing your 8 year old daughter having her ears pierced helps to get a bit of perspective.

Hell, wait'll you get their eyes pierced. "Honey, this will only hurt for a second. You'll never see it, but you'll be beautiful".
a gibbon running freely

Poppypoobah
Resident Hotty

Postby Poppypoobah » 17 Apr 2005, 01:26

neverknows wrote:
I don't. But seeing your 8 year old daughter having her ears pierced helps to get a bit of perspective.
Just wait until they get infected and you have to clean strings of puss out of her hair, THEN you'll have perspective!

Butch Manly
Utter Cad

Postby Butch Manly » 17 Apr 2005, 01:28

Duncan wrote:

Rule 3: if found out, deny everything.
Goatboy to Belle:

Footy
Filler

Postby Footy » 17 Apr 2005, 01:29

Velvis wrote:
Footy wrote:I don't know how I feel about this place anymore. Obviously, I'm bored rigid with this particular squabble and dismayed at all the arguing.

Oh, we're not arguing any more. We're just making fun of the Secret Room Club. C'mon! It's fun. Get yer jabs in. They're easy targets. :lol:

They are that, Velvis! :lol:

I often travel to northern JUs by car courtesy of another poster. One of these tossers attends them too and is never slow to invite himself for a lift home.
I guess he'll be walking home next time :D :D
Last edited by Footy on 17 Apr 2005, 01:30, edited 1 time in total.

Martial Lawniz
BCB Troll

Postby Martial Lawniz » 17 Apr 2005, 01:30

TheBoyGiraffe wrote:
Duncan wrote:

Rule 4: If present strategy isn't working, create an alias.

--

Postby -- » 17 Apr 2005, 01:31

Duncan wrote:
TheBoyGiraffe wrote:
Duncan wrote:

Rule 5: Remember that if you write things down in public, they may come back to haunt you.
Last edited by -- on 17 Apr 2005, 01:31, edited 1 time in total.

Poppypoobah
Resident Hotty

Postby Poppypoobah » 17 Apr 2005, 01:31

Duncan wrote:
TheBoyGiraffe wrote:
Duncan wrote:

Mr. Smiley?

Yep I was convinced.

Footy
Filler

Postby Footy » 17 Apr 2005, 01:32

Duncan wrote:
TheBoyGiraffe wrote:
Duncan wrote:

Rule 5 - leave in a huff.