Uh oh

Backslapping time. Well done us. We are fantastic.
Drama Queenie

Uh oh

Postby Drama Queenie » 15 Apr 2005, 19:12

I'm still here!

Quaco
F R double E

Postby Quaco » 15 Apr 2005, 19:28

... for which I, for one, am happy.

By the way, for what it's worth, I have seen many a thread get locked on other message boards. It's one of the things moderators do. To me, freedom of speech isn't really the thing here, since one can always start another thread. It's that Jethro locked the thread when the guns turned to him, which I suppose was somewhat convenient, when he should've locked the thing twenty pages earlier.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Matt Wilson
Psychedelic Cowpunk

Postby Matt Wilson » 15 Apr 2005, 19:32

I don't know what the uproar over killing that stupid thread was anyway. Page after page of whining... One side saying "I can't believe such a room ever existed! How could you people have done that?" etc. And the other side saying "Oh, it was nothing--why are you complaining about it?"

Again and again and again... :lol:

souphound
World Class Ignoramus

Postby souphound » 15 Apr 2005, 19:36

OK Paul. Nip it in the bud. PLEASE! :roll:

:lol:
Footy wrote:Last week, I discovered that the cordless drill I bought about 5 years ago is, in fact, a cordless screwdiver.

Jumper k

Postby Jumper k » 15 Apr 2005, 19:41

Mmm need a burger, specially after a quarter.

Phil T

Re: Uh oh

Postby Phil T » 15 Apr 2005, 19:42

Drama Queen wrote:I'm still here!

You are John Major and I claim my £5! :D

Matt Wilson
Psychedelic Cowpunk

Postby Matt Wilson » 15 Apr 2005, 19:47

The Smamfy wrote:we're spoilt here; there is a WEALTH of threads and different sections of the board. We can talk about anyhting with anyone.
An EXPERIMENTAL room goes up for NOT EVEN A WEEK.
what's wrong with this picture?

Exactly. People are so fucking reactionary. They're just looking for something to get riled about.

Kind of like those Canadians on the Festival Express DVD demanding that the shows be FREE!!!

Martial Lawniz
BCB Troll

Postby Martial Lawniz » 15 Apr 2005, 20:08

Matt Wilson wrote:
The Smamfy wrote:we're spoilt here; there is a WEALTH of threads and different sections of the board. We can talk about anyhting with anyone.

Exactly. People are so fucking reactionary. They're just looking for something to get riled about.

Kind of like those Canadians on the Festival Express DVD demanding that the shows be FREE!!!

I'm so reactionary I can bend as far backwards as I can forwards.

All right, Sam, do your hair up again. Oh, and that picture? It's crooked, or was. But methinks it's been more or less straightened.

sloopjohnc

Postby sloopjohnc » 15 Apr 2005, 20:42

All this stuff proves to me that preachers were right in the late 50's when they said listening to too much rock & roll stunts maturity and leads to prolonged adolescence.

I'm going home to throw all my records and CDs on a bonfire.

Matt Wilson
Psychedelic Cowpunk

Postby Matt Wilson » 15 Apr 2005, 20:44

sloopjohnb wrote:I'm going home to throw all my records and CDs on a bonfire.

Just throw your Beatles albums in. I never liked Lennon's Jesus comments anyway.

LMG
Gentleman Thug

Postby LMG » 15 Apr 2005, 21:00

The Smamfy wrote:I was just discussing this with LMG (in the hall, not in a secret fecking BUNKER or owt)

I wasn't in the hall. Nor were you. There is no hall. I don't know what you are referring to. We get to the upstairs using a ladder. No secret fucking bunker, either - everyone does their fucking openly, and in public, and everyone else is perfectly welcome to come and join in, and no one is excluded, ever. There is no secret bunker for fucking!

God, that was close. Please be more careful, Sam - the natives are restless...
And now for an update on today's Shitty Brexit News...

--
Judgement Day is upon you

Postby -- » 15 Apr 2005, 23:09

Random CAPITALISATION?

;) :D

Neil Jung
Watcher Of The Skies

Re: Uh oh

Postby Neil Jung » 15 Apr 2005, 23:12

Drama Queen wrote:I'm still here!

Back already?

Oh I see, nobody has acted on your thread so you're still here. Maybe they all left already, and there's only a handful of us left.

Well, it's all got completely out of hand.

Very sad indeed.

:cry: :cry: :cry:
It was raining when we drove up the two-lane highway through the long tunnel of trees that led into the black district on the south end of St. Martinville.

Oscar
Northern Taoist

Postby Oscar » 16 Apr 2005, 08:49

Matt Wilson wrote:I don't know what the uproar over killing that stupid thread was anyway. Page after page of whining... One side saying "I can't believe such a room ever existed! How could you people have done that?" etc. And the other side saying "Oh, it was nothing--why are you complaining about it?"

Again and again and again... :lol:

Whine, whine, whine, whinge and fucking moan. Can't you just let it fucking drop you moaning fucker?

Oscar
Northern Taoist

Postby Oscar » 16 Apr 2005, 09:06

Matt Wilson wrote:

God Matt, don't you EVER stop complaining :shock: ? You're obsessed!!

Just my opinion but most of this could have been avoided if Paul or anyone else involved had maybe thought, well I think it was trivial but I respect that (most) other people were offended by my actions and I have to respect that because everyone is different and I'm not necessarily always right and maybe I should say I was evidently wrong and I'm sorry for offending some of you and I assure you it won't happen again because I already I feel like a silly cunt (don't we john?).

But there seems to be an attitude of, "hey, I'm too hip to appologise. It's just not rock n roll. Ozzy wouldn't appologise!". Well this isn't rock n roll. You're ... erm .... we're fat miserable middle-aged misfits.

Just to reiterate a fact, for like the 70th time. Saying this is silly or boring ... or sad will not make this go away.

The Slider
Self-Aggrandising Cock

Postby The Slider » 16 Apr 2005, 11:28

OSCAR wrote:Just my opinion but most of this could have been avoided if Paul or anyone else involved had maybe thought, well I think it was trivial but I respect that (most) other people were offended by my actions and I have to respect that because everyone is different and I'm not necessarily always right and maybe I should say I was evidently wrong and I'm sorry for offending some of you and I assure you it won't happen again because I already I feel like a silly cunt (don't we john?).

But there seems to be an attitude of, "hey, I'm too hip to appologise. It's just not rock n roll. Ozzy wouldn't appologise!". Well this isn't rock n roll. You're ... erm .... we're fat miserable middle-aged misfits.

Well, as it actually seems to boil down to two or three people who are offended by it (everyone else seems to think "so fucking what?") and the reasons for it have been explained to them over and over again, i for one certainly do not feel even remotely inclined to apologise for it - neither do I feel like a cunt, silly or otherwise, for it.

I always apologise if I am wrong.
I did on the "can we please stop posting non musoc threads on YY" discussion when you and Rorschach said that it was eventualy decreed a free-for-all forum.

And I did it a couple of months ago when it was pointed out that my fight with Ced was annoying some people.

But I am absolutely not going to apologise for wanting to be a part of a music discussion forum on what was created as a music discussion board.

So bollocks to you, Mr Windy-Uppy Arthur Scargill.
The Complete Elton John Mp3 set now available in the usual place, should you want one.

Butch Manly
Utter Cad

Postby Butch Manly » 16 Apr 2005, 11:37

Matt Wilson wrote:I don't know what the uproar over killing that stupid thread was anyway.

i think the main issue is that it's clearly a subject which provoked a lot of strong feelings and yet the debate was unilaterally curtailed long before it was over.

piss poor.
Goatboy to Belle:

"I suggest you retreat to the safety of your Facebook bubble. Griff has a post he needs you to like."

The Slider
Self-Aggrandising Cock

Postby The Slider » 16 Apr 2005, 11:42

Why?
It has simply carried on here instead.

Does this quote from Oscar back on that thread mean anything to you and DD, Griff?

The way I explained it to Yompy was like this. It's a bit like finding out that me, andymac, bhoy and griff have met for a pint at the kings Arms and that we intentionally kept it secret because we didn't want people present who would possibly ruin our conversation. And if we did have a good time we would in future open the meeting up and maybe call it a jolly-up. I can only guess that in this situation that slider would feel a little 'left out' or even quite offended. Maybe I’m wrong. Maybe he wouldn’t give a fuck and maybe it is just me and others being “needy and insecure”. The crux of all this is that I would never, ever do that in the first place and I don’t think there are many others that would.

the only difference being of course, that as a one off event, there wasn't the oportunity to throw the doors open to anyone else later on.

Physician, heal thyself.
Once you have taken that plank out of your eye of course.
The Complete Elton John Mp3 set now available in the usual place, should you want one.

Diamond Dog
"Self Quoter" Extraordinaire.

Postby Diamond Dog » 16 Apr 2005, 12:07

The Slider wrote:Why?
It has simply carried on here instead.

Does this quote from Oscar back on that thread mean anything to you and DD, Griff?

The way I explained it to Yompy was like this. It's a bit like finding out that me, andymac, bhoy and griff have met for a pint at the kings Arms and that we intentionally kept it secret because we didn't want people present who would possibly ruin our conversation. And if we did have a good time we would in future open the meeting up and maybe call it a jolly-up. I can only guess that in this situation that slider would feel a little 'left out' or even quite offended. Maybe I’m wrong. Maybe he wouldn’t give a fuck and maybe it is just me and others being “needy and insecure”. The crux of all this is that I would never, ever do that in the first place and I don’t think there are many others that would.

the only difference being of course, that as a one off event, there wasn't the oportunity to throw the doors open to anyone else later on.

Physician, heal thyself.
Once you have taken that plank out of your eye of course.

Hey, I can talk for myself, actually.

To be straight with you - I'm tired of your constant digs doubting my intelligence. If you were fucking Einstein, I'd understand. But you, my son, are a courier who wants to be a train driver. And, unless they're looking to expand, train drivers don't do rocket science. So, get off your fucking high horse and stop being so fucking damned superior because, believe me, it ain't justified.

As for the secret room - I think it would have been nice if Jethro had just posted something around the time saying "we tried this, it didn't work". After all, we get constant updates on the board software, don't we? So, the conclusion I've come to (along with many that have contacted me by pm or email) is that (for whatever reason) people felt uncomfortable about it. If there was/is absolutely nothing wrong with it, why would that be? Why has it never cropped up in conversation anywhere? The silence is what makes it sinister - especially from people like your good self, who seem to feel the need to tell everyone your opinion on just about every subject known to man. At no time has this genie ever escaped from the bottle - don't you think that's rather odd? Not mentioned at any JU - any forum, or any pm? Did you all take a vow of silence or something?
Don't you see how others would find this silence pretty peculiar?

I must say, in summation, that I think I said the wrong thing regarding Owen and Nikki - clearly they just posted that they thought the whole idea was wrong, and moved on. What I don't understand is why they never mentioned it - maybe it isn't their job to. What I find absolutely unreal is how you and others attempt to justify it. Sorry, exclusion is wrong - as it would be if you were excluded from something else.

Lastly - Jethro can (basically) go fuck himself if he thinks he's going to name me (and me only) and:
a) maintain credibility, and
b) not get a reaction.
Numerous people have told me they think his action was totally uncalled for - as well as untrue. I'm a convenient scapegoat - I couldn't give a shit, in all honesty.

As far as I'm concerned - the issue is now over. I appear to have less friends than I started with - but that's life. I can live with myself.
A society grows great when old men plant trees whose shade they know they shall never sit in.
Praise will come to those whose kindness leaves you without debt.
Only four, Mr President, and you don't have my vote.

Velvis
Mellowed down easy

Postby Velvis » 16 Apr 2005, 12:22

Diamond Dog wrote:
To be straight with you - I'm tired of your constant digs doubting my intelligence. If you were fucking Einstein, I'd understand. But you, my son, are a courier who wants to be a train driver. And, unless they're looking to expand, train drivers don't do rocket science. So, get off your fucking high horse and stop being so fucking damned superior because, believe me, it ain't justified.

Sorry. Have to chime in here.

A-FUCKING-MEN.

I'm glad someone finally said it.
a gibbon running freely