Group Hug

Backslapping time. Well done us. We are fantastic.
Minnie, Boss of Appropriate Posting

Postby Minnie, Boss of Appropriate Posting » 17 Apr 2005, 14:52

Sensemeliawopnibop wrote:1. I'm tired of my kids constantly arguing and want to run off for a few days to stop being dragged in to "sort it out"
2. I'm tired of coming here to find arguments like I get at home off the kids
3. I play 'Rain' by Blind Melon a few times a day because it's how I feel right now
All I can say is that my life is pretty plain

I like watchin' the puddles gather rain

And all I can do is just pour some tea for two

and speak my point of view

But it's not sane, It's not sane

I just want some one to say to me

I'll always be there when you wake

Ya know I'd like to keep my cheeks dry today

So stay with me and I'll have it made

And I don't understand why I sleep all day

And I start to complain that there's no rain

And all I can do is read a book to stay awake

And it rips my life away, but it's a great escape

escape......escape......escape......

All I can say is that my life is pretty plain

ya don't like my point of view

ya think I'm insane

Its not sane......it's not sane

4. I think I'm a bit down
5. I'm pissed off with not being able to work and not getting any sick pay
6. I'm fucked off with bickering
7. I can't be arsed with this place any longer
8. I can't be arsed to carry on this post

I love you darling.

sensi

Postby sensi » 17 Apr 2005, 14:54

Minnie the Minx wrote:I love you darling.

Cheerrs love...right back at ya! :P

Poppypoobah
Resident Hotty

Postby Poppypoobah » 17 Apr 2005, 14:55

I'll always be there when you wake?

Actually I'm about 5 hours after you, but you know what I mean.

Heilan Coo
The Communist Charles Hawtrey

Postby Heilan Coo » 17 Apr 2005, 16:45

:mrgreen:
Last edited by Heilan Coo on 23 Apr 2008, 13:09, edited 2 times in total.
savoirfaire wrote:They are extremely cuddly, to the point where I think I was literally molested by a few of them. I completely understand how the farmer-goat relationships must happen.

sensi

Postby sensi » 17 Apr 2005, 18:10

Cheers Smamf!

Poppypoobah
Resident Hotty

Postby Poppypoobah » 17 Apr 2005, 18:59

Heilan Coo...baby wrote:
2) Despite having made 4 transatlantic trips in the last year and a half, I'm still fucking terrified of flying. There's just something about all those tonnes of metal being held up in the air by only two engines that unsettles me.

A plane is actually held up in the air because of the shape of the wings, wind rushes over and under depending on the angle to the oncoming air and thats what keeps it aloft. The engines just make sure that the plane moves through the air at a set speed.

Sorry to be a smartie pants.

Nice post though! :lol:

Diamond Dog
"Self Quoter" Extraordinaire.

Postby Diamond Dog » 17 Apr 2005, 19:08

Hotsie wrote:
Heilan Coo...baby wrote:
2) Despite having made 4 transatlantic trips in the last year and a half, I'm still fucking terrified of flying. There's just something about all those tonnes of metal being held up in the air by only two engines that unsettles me.

A plane is actually held up in the air because of the shape of the wings, wind rushes over and under depending on the angle to the oncoming air and thats what keeps it aloft. The engines just make sure that the plane moves through the air at a set speed.

The engines actually give the thrust that allows the plane to be moving at a fast enough speed to get the lift in the first place.

If you'd like to prove me wrong, sit on a plane without engines and see how long it is before you take off.
Nicotine, valium, vicadin, marijuana, ecstasy, and alcohol -
Cocaine

Teabag
The docker's delight

Postby Teabag » 17 Apr 2005, 19:20

You got there before me, DD.

It's a good job we're not smartie pants, eh?
I could be wrong. I usually am.

Diamond Dog

Postby Diamond Dog » 17 Apr 2005, 19:26

Teabag wrote:You got there before me, DD.

It's a good job we're not smartie pants, eh?

Indeed. :wink:
Cocaine

andymacandy
"Liberal Airhead"

Postby andymacandy » 17 Apr 2005, 19:31

Diamond Dog wrote:
Hotsie wrote:
Heilan Coo...baby wrote:

The engines actually give the thrust that allows the plane to be moving at a fast enough speed to get the lift in the first place.

If you'd like to prove me wrong, sit on a plane without engines and see how long it is before you take off.

Yes, but read the post.
The engines dont hold the plane up, the wings do.
Gliders fly perfectly, and you can actually take off in a hanglider without any forward thrust.
Bless the weather.......Image

Poppypoobah
Resident Hotty

Postby Poppypoobah » 17 Apr 2005, 19:31

Diamond Dog wrote:
Hotsie wrote:
Heilan Coo...baby wrote:

Yep but once it's up there if you angle the plane right you can fly with no engines.

Ha ha

Wanker.

Diamond Dog

Postby Diamond Dog » 17 Apr 2005, 19:32

:mrgreen:
Cocaine

Poppypoobah
Resident Hotty

Postby Poppypoobah » 17 Apr 2005, 19:36

Diamond Dog wrote::mrgreen:
So who's the smartie pants now?

Yep it's still me! :wink:

Diamond Dog

Postby Diamond Dog » 17 Apr 2005, 20:47

andymacandy wrote:
Diamond Dog wrote:
Hotsie wrote:
Heilan Coo...baby wrote:

Yes, but read the post.
Gliders fly perfectly, and you can actually take off in a hanglider without any forward thrust.

Well, as we're now in to detail - read the bold part of Hotsie's text.

The engines do somewhat more than "just make sure that the plane moves through the air at a set speed". They also (read bold in my post) "give the thrust that allows the plane to be moving at a fast enough speed to get the lift to take off in the first place".

Pass me those smartiepants, please.
Cocaine

Poppypoobah
Resident Hotty

Postby Poppypoobah » 17 Apr 2005, 21:05

Diamond Dog wrote:
andymacandy wrote:
Diamond Dog wrote:
Hotsie wrote:
Heilan Coo...baby wrote:

Yes, but read the post.

Well, as we're now in to detail - read the bold part of Hotsie's text.

The engines do somewhat more than "just make sure that the plane moves through the air at a set speed". They also (read bold in my post) "give the thrust that allows the plane to be moving at a fast enough speed to get the lift to take off in the first place".

Pass me those smartiepants, please.
You are right about take off and needing the engines for that in a plane unless you have a 70+ mile an hour wind.

We can share the pants between the 3 of us.

Heilan Coo

Postby Heilan Coo » 17 Apr 2005, 22:26

:lol:

If I had known I was going to start a heated aviation arguement, I wouldn't have posted that one!
savoirfaire wrote:They are extremely cuddly, to the point where I think I was literally molested by a few of them. I completely understand how the farmer-goat relationships must happen.

Poppypoobah
Resident Hotty

Postby Poppypoobah » 17 Apr 2005, 22:42

Heilan Coo...baby wrote::lol:

If I had known I was going to start a heated aviation arguement, I wouldn't have posted that one!

But does it make you feel better about flying?

Heilan Coo

Postby Heilan Coo » 17 Apr 2005, 22:55

Hotsie wrote:But does it make you feel better about flying?

It does, H. People tell me all this when I mention my discomfort about flying, but I still get nervous. Thing is, once I'm up there, I'm usually fine - as long as it's a smooth journey. I'm more calm at 36000 feet than I am at 30 feet off the ground!

I suppose it's like most fears - it's mostly all in the mind.

Poppypoobah
Resident Hotty

Postby Poppypoobah » 17 Apr 2005, 23:08

Heilan Coo...baby wrote:
Hotsie wrote:But does it make you feel better about flying?

It does, H. People tell me all this when I mention my discomfort about flying, but I still get nervous. Thing is, once I'm up there, I'm usually fine - as long as it's a smooth journey. I'm more calm at 36000 feet than I am at 30 feet off the ground!

I suppose it's like most fears - it's mostly all in the mind.
Just keep in mind that the take off is the most dangerous part. Once you're up in the air you're guarenteed to come back down right?

And if I can fly a plane you know that it's a piece of cake!

Martial Lawniz
BCB Troll

Postby Martial Lawniz » 18 Apr 2005, 12:46

Old Joke.

It's not the flying part which bothers me, it's the crashing.

Return to “Classic Threads & Treasury of Mirth”