Group Hug

Backslapping time. Well done us. We are fantastic.
Snarfyguy
Dominated by the Obscure

Postby Snarfyguy » 05 Apr 2005, 06:16

TheBoyGiraffe wrote:(have you got new england on CD, garry?)

If so, burn it. In the fireplace.
GoogaMooga wrote: The further away from home you go, the greater the risk of getting stuck there.

atomic loonybin
ready for the house

Postby atomic loonybin » 05 Apr 2005, 10:24

TheBoyGiraffe wrote:
Atomic Loonybin wrote:5. I believe that most of the people who I know only want to know me for what I can do for them, not because they like me.

hardly front page news. loser.

(have you got new england on CD, garry?)

No. Nor have I got Front Page News on CD.

atomic loonybin
ready for the house

Postby atomic loonybin » 05 Apr 2005, 10:40

TheBoyGiraffe wrote:
Atomic Loonybin wrote:
TheBoyGiraffe wrote:
Atomic Loonybin wrote:5. I believe that most of the people who I know only want to know me for what I can do for them, not because they like me.

hardly front page news. loser.

(have you got new england on CD, garry?)

No. Nor have I got Front Page News on CD.

i suspected as much. there's no smoke without fire.

Aye, there's the rub.

Zong
A Chump Among Men

Postby Zong » 05 Apr 2005, 11:13

Charming Ali wrote:1. I can't make small talk and go off on bizarre tangents when talking to people. I have found that this makes people either warm to me immediately or be very wary.

Ali...Marry me right now!

You've just nailed exactly the cause of all my sucesses and failures in life.
Anyone could join in so I discarded my jeans

Sambient

Postby Sambient » 05 Apr 2005, 11:20

Sure, this is two pages back, but I'll respond anyway.
Phenomenal Cat wrote:3. When I met my wife, we pretty much decided it was us against the world. I've been with her for 13 years (married for 8) and this has not changed. Some have commented that we speak our own secret language.

Much recognition here. Now I'm not negating the value of this when I report the following. Just sharing in general.
Last year when there started to be some real uneven footing in my marriage, I was discussing my issues with my Mom (that'll teach her to want to go on vacation with me anytime soon!). She observed that for the longest time it had seemed like it was me'n'Kevin against the world. But that I was no longer fighting against the world.
Fortunately things are better 'tween us at the moment. To the point where the other day Kevin commented that it seemed like "old times". I think I'd like to have "old times" be state of the union again. We've both been working at it. In my case even to the point of throwing alot of money at the problem.

Phenomenal Cat also wrote: Would you drive a minivan even if one were offered for free? There are certain things in this world I will not be a part of regardless of how much I may gain from capitulating.

I hear ya my brother! I hear ya! Tell it like it is!

no one

Postby no one » 05 Apr 2005, 11:21

ZONG wrote:Marry me

oh be original, will you please?? :roll: if i had a dime for every time i said that on this board....

Doctor Jimmy
Continental Fuckwit

Postby Doctor Jimmy » 05 Apr 2005, 11:22

TheBoyGiraffe wrote:
Doctor Jimmy wrote:5. I'm surprised whenever anyone likes me.

so are we. loser.

What a relief. For a moment I thought it was just me.

Sambient

Postby Sambient » 05 Apr 2005, 11:22

Maryann wrote:

oh be original, will you please?? :roll: if i had a dime for every time i said that on this board....

I don't recall you saying that to me.

Sniff.

no one

Postby no one » 05 Apr 2005, 11:23

had i known i'd had half a chance, i woulda!!

Zong
A Chump Among Men

Postby Zong » 05 Apr 2005, 11:44

Sambient wrote:
Maryann wrote:

I don't recall you saying that to me.

Sniff.

i am being original....i've never once said it before.

it's ironic...like Footy wearing an Asda badge.

Zong
A Chump Among Men

Postby Zong » 05 Apr 2005, 12:44

1. I cannot talk to someone, even a close friend, if there is a stranger in the room.
2. I am considered weird by most people and am constantly looking weirder and weirder as i can't decide whether to perpetuate this myth or try and demonstrate that i am actually probably sane.
3. i am absolutely fucking convinced that I am a very unique and talented person creatively yet am unable to commit to any one area which would damn well show everybody (be it music or writing).
4. I have only just started applying for graduate jobs nearly a year after graduating as I keep believing that all employment wishes to trap me forever and steal my soul.
5. I have lived in 13 different houses in my 22 years.
6. The happiest moment of my life involved the digestion of hallucinogenic mushrooms.
7. I am convinced I am more intelligent than just about everybody else my age and always have been.
8. women clearly find me attractive, funny, intelligent and caring- Thus my extreme lack of sucess has convinced me more than anything else there is something really weird about me.
9. I hate people who aren't funny who go around pointing out things that aren't funny.
10. I agree with The Slider almost always on the non music related topics. More than I do with anyone else on the board....but i'm too shy to actually have arguments on this board so no one would know it.

To put it all in a nutshell i'd have to say simply that i'm rather egocentric. However i do not see this as a negative thing. Having a high opinion of yourself does not entail that you don't care for others. Though it maybe true that i talk about myself a little too much.

Phenomenal Cat
death on four legs

Postby Phenomenal Cat » 05 Apr 2005, 15:14

Sambient wrote:Last year when there started to be some real uneven footing in my marriage, I was discussing my issues with my Mom (that'll teach her to want to go on vacation with me anytime soon!). She observed that for the longest time it had seemed like it was me'n'Kevin against the world. But that I was no longer fighting against the world.
Fortunately things are better 'tween us at the moment. To the point where the other day Kevin commented that it seemed like "old times". I think I'd like to have "old times" be state of the union again.

May be a silly question, but if you weren't fighting the world, does this mean you stopped fighting altogether, or were you turning on each other?
kath wrote:i will make it my mission to nail you.

But somehow when you smile, I can brave bad weather.

Gater

Postby Gater » 06 Apr 2005, 00:35

I'll give it a try.

1. I'm fifty two and feel nowhere near it. I think back of how I thought my father was old when he was in his fifties and I in my thirties,sorry dad.

2. I've been married and faithful to my wife for twenty nine years.

3. I wish I had managed money better, it looks like I'll be working the rest of my life.

4. I haven't had a drink or cigarette in fourteen years.

5. As I get older I find it harder to find music I like. One of the great things about this place is the new and interesting stuff I've been turned on to.

6. I cannot believe in organized religion any longer.

7. I'm embarrassed to say I never voted until I was thirty nine.

8. Look up procrastinator in the dictionary and you'll see my picture.

9. I wish I would read more, but there always seems something else to do.

10. Almost everything I do now is for shits and giggles.
I wont retire,but I might retread.

Velvis
Mellowed down easy

Postby Velvis » 06 Apr 2005, 01:07

Gater wrote:

Do you giggle while you shit?
a gibbon running freely

Matt Wilson
Psychedelic Cowpunk

Postby Matt Wilson » 06 Apr 2005, 01:43

Velvis wrote:
Gater wrote:

That's hilarious. I was gonna say the same thing.

Gater

Postby Gater » 06 Apr 2005, 03:47

Velvis wrote:
Gater wrote:

Only after eating corn.
I wont retire,but I might retread.

Sambient

Postby Sambient » 06 Apr 2005, 04:16

Phenomenal Cat wrote:
Sambient wrote:Last year when there started to be some real uneven footing in my marriage, I was discussing my issues with my Mom (that'll teach her to want to go on vacation with me anytime soon!). She observed that for the longest time it had seemed like it was me'n'Kevin against the world. But that I was no longer fighting against the world.
Fortunately things are better 'tween us at the moment. To the point where the other day Kevin commented that it seemed like "old times". I think I'd like to have "old times" be state of the union again.

May be a silly question, but if you weren't fighting the world, does this mean you stopped fighting altogether, or were you turning on each other?

No, I started being a little successful in some of my endeavors. As a result, I saw the world as slightly less antagonistic. Meanwhile, he's been on the slippery slope to cranky-old-manville and finding more and more fault with the world. I don't always agree with him. Or, I don't find it worth expounding upon ad nauseum. And I don't think everyone is out to get me. I used the words uneven footing in my previous post. That's what it is.

The Slider
Self-Aggrandising Cock

Postby The Slider » 06 Apr 2005, 07:50

ZONG wrote:1. I cannot talk to someone, even a close friend, if there is a stranger in the room.
2. I am considered weird by most people and am constantly looking weirder and weirder as i can't decide whether to perpetuate this myth or try and demonstrate that i am actually probably sane.
3. i am absolutely fucking convinced that I am a very unique and talented person creatively yet am unable to commit to any one area which would damn well show everybody (be it music or writing).
4. I have only just started applying for graduate jobs nearly a year after graduating as I keep believing that all employment wishes to trap me forever and steal my soul.
5. I have lived in 13 different houses in my 22 years.
6. The happiest moment of my life involved the digestion of hallucinogenic mushrooms.
7. I am convinced I am more intelligent than just about everybody else my age and always have been.
8. women clearly find me attractive, funny, intelligent and caring- Thus my extreme lack of sucess has convinced me more than anything else there is something really weird about me.
9. I hate people who aren't funny who go around pointing out things that aren't funny.
10. I agree with The Slider almost always on the non music related topics. More than I do with anyone else on the board....but i'm too shy to actually have arguments on this board so no one would know it.

To put it all in a nutshell i'd have to say simply that i'm rather egocentric. However i do not see this as a negative thing. Having a high opinion of yourself does not entail that you don't care for others. Though it maybe true that i talk about myself a little too much.

Oddly, Zong, as i was reading down your list I was thinking "Yup. Yup. Yup. Yup.." (apart from the Hallucinogens that is) and then we got No.10 and I realise that you are Edward Norton to my Brad Pitt (or the other way around).
Complete Ramones Mp3 set on its way

Zong
A Chump Among Men

Postby Zong » 06 Apr 2005, 08:32

The Slider wrote:
Oddly, Zong, as i was reading down your list I was thinking "Yup. Yup. Yup. Yup.." (apart from the Hallucinogens that is) and then we got No.10 and I realise that you are Edward Norton to my Brad Pitt (or the other way around).

I'll be Ed Norton. I can be the brooding, silent psychopath and you can be the vocal, noisy psychopath.

Plus my wrists are too thin to be Brad Pitt.

The Slider
Self-Aggrandising Cock

Postby The Slider » 06 Apr 2005, 08:40

As long as I'm not Meat Loaf i don't mind.
Complete Ramones Mp3 set on its way

Return to “Classic Threads & Treasury of Mirth”