Memphis Jolly-Up, May 26-30, 2005.

Backslapping time. Well done us. We are fantastic.
User avatar
Diamond Dog
"Self Quoter" Extraordinaire.
Posts: 65450
Joined: 16 Jul 2003, 21:04
Location: High On Poachers Hill

Postby Diamond Dog » 27 May 2005, 12:25

andymacandy wrote:
Hotsie wrote: I'll be ringing up garden gnomes and country dinners in the ugliest uniform known to man and being hit on by old men who can't see.

Dont knock it.Every now and again, one of us gets lucky. :wink:


Now and again.............?

*runs for cover*
Mason Cooley wrote:Worried about being a dull fellow? You might develop your talent for being irritating.


"You were caught fucking another woman’s husband in a field while you were married, you camel-faced, racist troglodyte".

User avatar
Poppypoobah
Resident Hotty
Posts: 17501
Joined: 18 Jul 2003, 23:03
Location: Paradise
Contact:

Postby Poppypoobah » 27 May 2005, 12:48

Diamond Dog wrote:
Now and again.............?

*runs for cover*
At least it wasn't Lucky?

User avatar
T. Berry Shuffle
sharp-eyed archivist
Posts: 3826
Joined: 17 Jul 2003, 02:56
Location: The Vulcan Gas Company

Postby T. Berry Shuffle » 27 May 2005, 13:45

WhOOOoooooooooooooooooo! ALRIGHT! One day of sucessful jollying under our belt and more to come.

We all met up without incident yesterday. In the morning Yompy, Sam and I visited SUN Studios. While talking to The Slider on the telefonino and waiting to Yomps and Sam to arrive Bill fucking Murray walked thru the door at Sun. It was quite surreal to see him walking around for several mnuted nutil someone recognized him. It wasn't until he put on a pair of Elvis sunglasses to "disguise" his appearence until some people realized who he was.

Sun was a blast. The tour is absolutely great now, more expansive and you get to spend more time in the studio soaking up the room vibe. Or you can spent $50 to do kareoke in their vocal booth (which is what Yomp did) "Always on my Mind" what was he thinking? And, they played his performance over the cafe speakers with-out his knowledge - what a mind blast!

Then we walked down to Beale Street and hooked up with my brother, Livet and Take_5D who demonstrated an odd affection for goats. And, took a stroll to where Jeff Buckley took a swim. Our success was marketedly better than his.

We met with Baron the Legthigh and his lovely companion, tried out a few pubs later in the night, had some eats and then tucked in.

TODAY: It is off to Clarksdale, Mississippi and waiting for the other nutters to show up. I think we'll most likely work in Stax and some other things today also. I want to cruise around to Hi Studios and the old Meteor Studio.

That's the story so far. We haven't quite picked a jolly location yet but worry not, there's plenty booze to be had and many many people on the streets at night - it's an instant party here come evening.
You read that in a book, didn't you?!

User avatar
Poppypoobah
Resident Hotty
Posts: 17501
Joined: 18 Jul 2003, 23:03
Location: Paradise
Contact:

Postby Poppypoobah » 27 May 2005, 14:20

Take 5 made it? He wasn't sure if he would be able to the last time I talked to him.

How are he and Yomp getting along?

User avatar
Diamond Dog
"Self Quoter" Extraordinaire.
Posts: 65450
Joined: 16 Jul 2003, 21:04
Location: High On Poachers Hill

Postby Diamond Dog » 27 May 2005, 14:24

Hotsie wrote:Take 5 made it? He wasn't sure if he would be able to the last time I talked to him.

How are he and Yomp getting along?


Wearing and bearing?

*runs for cover, again*
Mason Cooley wrote:Worried about being a dull fellow? You might develop your talent for being irritating.


"You were caught fucking another woman’s husband in a field while you were married, you camel-faced, racist troglodyte".

User avatar
Poppypoobah
Resident Hotty
Posts: 17501
Joined: 18 Jul 2003, 23:03
Location: Paradise
Contact:

Postby Poppypoobah » 27 May 2005, 14:33

Diamond Dog wrote:
Hotsie wrote:Take 5 made it? He wasn't sure if he would be able to the last time I talked to him.

How are he and Yomp getting along?


Wearing and bearing?

*runs for cover, again*
You're on a roll today, doggy.

User avatar
Diamond Dog
"Self Quoter" Extraordinaire.
Posts: 65450
Joined: 16 Jul 2003, 21:04
Location: High On Poachers Hill

Postby Diamond Dog » 27 May 2005, 14:36

Hotsie wrote:
Diamond Dog wrote:
Hotsie wrote:Take 5 made it? He wasn't sure if he would be able to the last time I talked to him.

How are he and Yomp getting along?


Wearing and bearing?

*runs for cover, again*
You're on a roll today, doggy.


A hotdog?
Mason Cooley wrote:Worried about being a dull fellow? You might develop your talent for being irritating.


"You were caught fucking another woman’s husband in a field while you were married, you camel-faced, racist troglodyte".

User avatar
Poppypoobah
Resident Hotty
Posts: 17501
Joined: 18 Jul 2003, 23:03
Location: Paradise
Contact:

Postby Poppypoobah » 27 May 2005, 14:40

Diamond Dog wrote:
Hotsie wrote:
Diamond Dog wrote:
Hotsie wrote:Take 5 made it? He wasn't sure if he would be able to the last time I talked to him.

How are he and Yomp getting along?


Wearing and bearing?

*runs for cover, again*
You're on a roll today, doggy.


A hotdog?
Ha ha!


With saurkraut and mustard please.

User avatar
eelpie62
carpetbagger
Posts: 3588
Joined: 16 Jul 2003, 21:38
Location: The eagle-wing palace of the Queen Chinee.

Postby eelpie62 » 27 May 2005, 15:27

I thought Stax & Sun was tentatively set for Saturday, I hope us late arrivals still have some fun things left on the agenda.
"Nuts"
~ Anthony McAuliffe, December 22, 1944

User avatar
The Slider
Self-Aggrandising Cock
Posts: 45979
Joined: 16 Jul 2003, 19:05
Location: I'm only here for the sneer
Contact:

Postby The Slider » 27 May 2005, 15:30

T. Berry Shuffle wrote:yesterday. In the morning Yompy, Sam and I visited SUN Studios. While talking to The Slider on the telefonino and waiting to Yomps and Sam to arrive Bill fucking Murray walked thru the door at Sun.


Were you pissed, young Shovel?
You told me it was Chevy Chase at the time.
David Bowie Reduxed Mp3 set now available in the usual place, should you want one
Image

User avatar
Diamond Dog
"Self Quoter" Extraordinaire.
Posts: 65450
Joined: 16 Jul 2003, 21:04
Location: High On Poachers Hill

Postby Diamond Dog » 27 May 2005, 15:31

The Slider wrote:
T. Berry Shuffle wrote:yesterday. In the morning Yompy, Sam and I visited SUN Studios. While talking to The Slider on the telefonino and waiting to Yomps and Sam to arrive Bill fucking Murray walked thru the door at Sun.


Were you pissed, young Shovel?
You told me it was Chevy Chase at the time.


Ha!! Lying fucker.
Mason Cooley wrote:Worried about being a dull fellow? You might develop your talent for being irritating.


"You were caught fucking another woman’s husband in a field while you were married, you camel-faced, racist troglodyte".

User avatar
Poppypoobah
Resident Hotty
Posts: 17501
Joined: 18 Jul 2003, 23:03
Location: Paradise
Contact:

Postby Poppypoobah » 27 May 2005, 18:00

Diamond Dog wrote:Ha!! Lying fucker.
Which one?

User avatar
eelpie62
carpetbagger
Posts: 3588
Joined: 16 Jul 2003, 21:38
Location: The eagle-wing palace of the Queen Chinee.

Postby eelpie62 » 27 May 2005, 18:04

Chevy Chase is in Maryland, not Tennessee.
"Nuts"
~ Anthony McAuliffe, December 22, 1944

Six String
Posts: 20039
Joined: 16 Jul 2003, 20:22

Postby Six String » 27 May 2005, 22:14

I just pulled into town. Left a message on Jamie's phone and heading for the closest bar (hotel) until I hear from him. I'm glad everyone's had a good time so far. It looked a bit dreary coming into town. I'm not venturing too far until the sun starts going down. I'm sure there will be another group interested in the Sun Studio tour. I for one do not want to leave without seeing it.

User avatar
geoffcowgill
exceptionally nondescript
Posts: 3380
Joined: 23 Oct 2003, 23:43

Postby geoffcowgill » 27 May 2005, 23:08

Six String wrote:I just pulled into town. Left a message on Jamie's phone and heading for the closest bar (hotel) until I hear from him. I'm glad everyone's had a good time so far. It looked a bit dreary coming into town. I'm not venturing too far until the sun starts going down. I'm sure there will be another group interested in the Sun Studio tour. I for one do not want to leave without seeing it.


The Illinois contingent won't be there until tomorrow afternoon, and I for one definitely want to visit Sun as well as Stax, so if nothing else the two of us can head out maybe Sunday.

User avatar
Snarfyguy
Dominated by the Obscure
Posts: 52559
Joined: 21 Jul 2003, 19:04
Location: New York

Postby Snarfyguy » 28 May 2005, 00:25

Image

I just came in by donkey cart. Where the hell is everyone? Am I at the wrong Sphinx? And what the hell's with peoples' accents here? Goddamn rednecks.

:evil:
Jimbo wrote:Look, all I know is pretty much what I get from Robert Parry over at Consortium News.

User avatar
Walk In My Shadow
Hello Laydeez
Posts: 37168
Joined: 23 Jul 2003, 20:02
Location: The Good, the Bad, both ugly
Contact:

Postby Walk In My Shadow » 28 May 2005, 08:01

I like the way you dress Snarfy.
Beneluxfunkmeisterlurvegod


Image

User avatar
Nikki Gradual
nasty, brutish and short
Posts: 20694
Joined: 16 Jul 2003, 21:59
Location: Marineville

Postby Nikki Gradual » 28 May 2005, 09:31

T. Berry Shuffle wrote: Bill fucking Murray walked thru the door at Sun.


That's quite some feat of athleticism, my admiration goes out to both Bill and Murray.
"He's thrown a kettle over a pub; what have you done?"

moonie

Postby moonie » 28 May 2005, 13:09

Hey Kids,

I was hoping that things would work out and I'd get down there today (as I had been planning for months), but it looks like we'll not be able to make it. Last week, some upstanding resident of Louisville took the front end of our car off and then managed to drive off without offering to pay for the damage. The last estimate I got yesterday was twice as much as the money we had saved to come down there. Needless to say, the mister Moonie has nixed the trip. I hope everyone has a splendid time and maybe I'll make the next one.

User avatar
Snarfyguy
Dominated by the Obscure
Posts: 52559
Joined: 21 Jul 2003, 19:04
Location: New York

Postby Snarfyguy » 28 May 2005, 18:40

Walk In My Shadow wrote:I like the way you dress Snarfy.


It's what the Lonely Planet guide said to wear.

Still looking for those guys with no luck...
Jimbo wrote:Look, all I know is pretty much what I get from Robert Parry over at Consortium News.