Memphis Jolly-Up, May 26-30, 2005.

Backslapping time. Well done us. We are fantastic.

Postby Guest » 17 Dec 2004, 03:52

Oi! you peoples

I was kidding.

Gosh, people fade away quickly around here....

*wonders if someone has spread vicious rumors about twee...*
Last edited by Guest on 18 Dec 2004, 14:45, edited 1 time in total.

Poppypoobah
Resident Hotty

Postby Poppypoobah » 17 Dec 2004, 11:37

Ooooo! Should we have an Elvis impersonation contest?

andymacandy
"Liberal Airhead"

Postby andymacandy » 17 Dec 2004, 12:46

Hotsie Xmas (War Is Over) wrote:Ooooo! Should we have an Elvis impersonation contest?

Uuuuh-huh...........
Bless the weather.......Image

JQW

Postby JQW » 17 Dec 2004, 15:07

Hotsie Xmas (War Is Over) wrote:Ooooo! Should we have an Elvis impersonation contest?

"Oh I just don't know where to begin...."
The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt. - Bertrand Russell

Sambient

Postby Sambient » 18 Dec 2004, 04:27

I saw one Gater today, albeit briefly. He seems to be planning on Memphis too. So, Gater, now I've committed you to it. If not sooner, see you in Memphis!

Shagger Dave
connecticut hermit

Postby Shagger Dave » 28 Dec 2004, 03:02

Has anyone have any info on hotels in Memphis? Has anyone booked into one?
He tries.

Velvis
Mellowed down easy

Postby Velvis » 28 Dec 2004, 09:24

Hotwire breaks it down to six neighborhoods. Anybody have any idea which would be the best one to stay in?

http://www.hotwire.com/hotel/search-options.jsp
a gibbon running freely

Diamond Dog
"Self Quoter" Extraordinaire.

Postby Diamond Dog » 28 Dec 2004, 09:35

Velvis wrote:Hotwire breaks it down to six neighborhoods. Anybody have any idea which would be the best one to stay in?

http://www.hotwire.com/hotel/search-options.jsp

Which is the red light district, the gang/drug wastelands district, the WASP & picket fence district, the stockbroker £3million a house district, the 'up and coming , impossible to get a property in' district and (finally) the 'tune in, turn on, drop out' college district?
Nicotine, valium, vicadin, marijuana, ecstasy, and alcohol -
Cocaine

Kenji
Otaku

Postby Kenji » 28 Dec 2004, 10:13

Shagger Dave wrote:Has anyone have any info on hotels in Memphis? Has anyone booked into one?

The Peabody Memphis looks very nice...

Velvis
Mellowed down easy

Postby Velvis » 28 Dec 2004, 10:49

Kenji wrote:
Shagger Dave wrote:Has anyone have any info on hotels in Memphis? Has anyone booked into one?

At $149 a night, it's kind of pricey, Kenji. It seems to me we should be able to find a decent hotel for under $100 a night.
a gibbon running freely

Postby Guest » 28 Dec 2004, 15:00

Velvis wrote:
Kenji wrote:

At $149 a night, it's kind of pricey, Kenji. It seems to me we should be able to find a decent hotel for under $100 a night.

Resist. Moonie.

There's always the Heartbreak Hotel....

Shagger Dave
connecticut hermit

Postby Shagger Dave » 29 Dec 2004, 02:32

Another thing I was thinking about. I for one will be flying down- I looked at Amtrack it would take me two days to get to Memphis from Connecticut. I will be getting a rental car at the airport. If we all manage to get the same hotel or ones near each other would it be worth getting a larger car (hertz has a 12 person passenger van) for the purposes of sightseeing if everyone agrees to pitch in for it? We wouldn't need it the whole week, maybe just for the few days we want to check out Sun, Stax, Graceland, etc. Just an idea.
He tries.

Velvis
Mellowed down easy

Postby Velvis » 29 Dec 2004, 10:06

Shagger Dave wrote:Another thing I was thinking about. I for one will be flying down- I looked at Amtrack it would take me two days to get to Memphis from Connecticut. I will be getting a rental car at the airport. If we all manage to get the same hotel or ones near each other would it be worth getting a larger car (hertz has a 12 person passenger van) for the purposes of sightseeing if everyone agrees to pitch in for it? We wouldn't need it the whole week, maybe just for the few days we want to check out Sun, Stax, Graceland, etc. Just an idea.

That's an excellent idea, Dave. I'd like to avoid renting a car myself.
a gibbon running freely

Postby Guest » 29 Dec 2004, 14:54

Velvis wrote:
Shagger Dave wrote:Another thing I was thinking about. I for one will be flying down- I looked at Amtrack it would take me two days to get to Memphis from Connecticut. I will be getting a rental car at the airport. If we all manage to get the same hotel or ones near each other would it be worth getting a larger car (hertz has a 12 person passenger van) for the purposes of sightseeing if everyone agrees to pitch in for it? We wouldn't need it the whole week, maybe just for the few days we want to check out Sun, Stax, Graceland, etc. Just an idea.

That's an excellent idea, Dave. I'd like to avoid renting a car myself.

I'd be renting a car to drive down, so that's an option as well. If we agree on a hotel, we could probably qualify for a group rate.

yomptepi
BCB thumbscrew of Justice

Postby yomptepi » 29 Dec 2004, 16:00

"moonieI'd be renting a car to drive down, so that's an option as well. If we agree on a hotel, we could probably qualify for a group sex.

count me in!!
You don't like me...do you?

Velvis
Mellowed down easy

Postby Velvis » 30 Dec 2004, 00:38

a bear wrote:
"moonieI'd be renting a car to drive down, so that's an option as well. If we agree on a hotel, we could probably qualify for a group sex.

count me in!!

You'n me'll start, Yomp. When they see how much sweaty fun we're having, they'll have no choice but to join in.
a gibbon running freely

Snarfyguy
Dominated by the Obscure

Postby Snarfyguy » 30 Dec 2004, 01:23

Well, I got here, but nobody said it was going to so hot! Here I am by the Sphinx.

And which hotel are you all at, anyway? I haven't seen any BCBers yet.

I hope you all didn't get the dates wrong! :evil:
GoogaMooga wrote: The further away from home you go, the greater the risk of getting stuck there.

Livet
'progressively malty'

Postby Livet » 30 Dec 2004, 01:26

Velvis wrote:
a bear wrote:

count me in!!

You'n me'll start, Yomp. When they see how much sweaty fun we're having, they'll have no choice but to join in.

Well if he was just another bear having a mid life crisis, I think you might have cured him. Well done! We don't need no wells 'round here.

And having nothing to do with above, I really like Shagger Dave's van idea.
The crazy music drives you insane

Livet
'progressively malty'

Postby Livet » 30 Dec 2004, 01:35

snarfyguy wrote:And which hotel are you all at, anyway? I haven't seen any BCBers yet.

I hope you all didn't get the dates wrong! :evil:

You're definitely at the right place. Just a little early...can you hang out and wait?
The crazy music drives you insane

Shagger Dave
connecticut hermit

Postby Shagger Dave » 30 Dec 2004, 02:16

Livet Bells wrote:
Velvis wrote:
a bear wrote:

count me in!!

Well if he was just another bear having a mid life crisis, I think you might have cured him. Well done! We don't need no wells 'round here.

And having nothing to do with above, I really like Shagger Dave's van idea.

I have a bad feeling I just volunteered to chauffeur a bunch of drunks around Memphis. . . .
He tries.

Return to “Classic Threads & Treasury of Mirth”