******What Film/DVD did you watch last night******

Backslapping time. Well done us. We are fantastic.
marios

Postby marios » 02 Feb 2005, 02:54

Image

The title was Try Seventeen though. Watchable, but a bit boring at times and the daydreaming sequences were annoying.

Image

Not bad.

Image

Watchable.


So, nothing too great over the past couple of days but nothing abysmal either.

User avatar
Shagger Dave
connecticut hermit
Posts: 6854
Joined: 23 Jul 2003, 01:25
Location: A place just south of Witches Valley

Postby Shagger Dave » 02 Feb 2005, 02:59

nathan wrote:Image

I finished up the third disc last night and was crying from laughing so hard. The second season should be coming in the mail any day now. :D


I think the second season has the Doobie brothers episode. that one is fucking hilarious.
He tries.

User avatar
Sibella
Posts: 954
Joined: 09 May 2004, 01:12
Location: north carolina

Postby Sibella » 02 Feb 2005, 03:10

Image
The thread-killer returns.

User avatar
John Barleykorn
Posts: 3830
Joined: 16 Jul 2003, 22:06
Location: Living in the past

Postby John Barleykorn » 02 Feb 2005, 03:44

Image

Just got this yesterday. Only watched half of it so far - superb! Taste, The Who, Hendrix, Tiny Tim..........

Its a double sided disc. First time Ive ever seen one.


Tiny Joe

User avatar
James R
the grocer of despair
Posts: 9914
Joined: 17 Jul 2003, 03:53
Location: seated sultanically among the moons of Saturn
Contact:

Postby James R » 02 Feb 2005, 11:38

Joe Moody wrote:Its a double sided disc. First time Ive ever seen one.


They're not terribly common but I have a few. Don't really like them cos you have to be more careful with handling them.

Today's viewing courtesy of the AGNSW:

Image

Dull.
pcqgod wrote:I like how Liebling progresses from a rotting, animated corpse living in his parents' basement to a slightly more life-affirming walking corpse by the end of the movie.

Goat Boy wrote:I recall a midget with large tits dancing.

User avatar
The Slider
Self-Aggrandising Cock
Posts: 45779
Joined: 16 Jul 2003, 19:05
Location: I'm only here for the sneer
Contact:

Postby The Slider » 02 Feb 2005, 12:19

Pieter wrote:
The Black Shadow wrote:
Instead of a new crappy bike, just buy a DVD player. It's a good investment that will thwart your prejudices towards new technology forever.


But will it drive me to work?

Besides, don't you know DVD-players transmit secret messages from high up in some sort of big conspiracy brainwashing you into buying lots of pasta and that pasta contains a secret ingredient which makes it easier for the aliens to beam you up and probe you?


But if you did, I could send you a copy of Frankenstein.
David Bowie Reduxed Mp3 set now available in the usual place, should you want one
Image

User avatar
NotBillyTheKid
Posts: 1811
Joined: 02 Nov 2004, 08:56

Postby NotBillyTheKid » 02 Feb 2005, 13:22

Slider, is it Fabien Barthez' new look on your avatar ?
Image
Image

Guest

Postby Guest » 02 Feb 2005, 15:01

Last night I watched these two.

Image

This was just as good the second time around. A classic sports movie and Bernie Mac is always perfect.

Image

I really liked this movie. I was a little biased going in because I already thought he was a genius anyway. I didn't need anyone telling me that. But it was an entertaining (and moving) movie in it's own right and the music was about as good as it gets.

User avatar
Kenji
Otaku
Posts: 22639
Joined: 17 Jul 2003, 02:59
Location: Tokyo

Postby Kenji » 02 Feb 2005, 17:10

nathan wrote:
Image

I really liked this movie. I was a little biased going in because I already thought he was a genius anyway. I didn't need anyone telling me that. But it was an entertaining (and moving) movie in it's own right and the music was about as good as it gets.


I arrived at the movie theater about 10 minutes before start time last Saturday - it was first day for "Ray" in Japan...

Staff told me I could enter only if I stand and watch - I left and will try again a few weeks later... :roll:

User avatar
Snarfyguy
Dominated by the Obscure
Posts: 52350
Joined: 21 Jul 2003, 19:04
Location: New York

Postby Snarfyguy » 02 Feb 2005, 18:33

James R wrote:
Joe Moody wrote:Its a double sided disc. First time Ive ever seen one.


They're not terribly common but I have a few. Don't really like them cos you have to be more careful with handling them.


I've just come across this for the first time as well, on the U.S. edition of Roman Coppola's "CQ." There's no print on the surfaces (I suppose that would interfere with reading the info) except for on the circle around the hole, so it took me a while to figure out what was going on. I was navigating around these menus, unable to find the film itself, until I took the disc out of the machine and inspected it it.

A two sided disc! What a miraculous breakthrough! How did they ever think of it? :lol:
Jimbo wrote:Look, all I know is pretty much what I get from Robert Parry over at Consortium News.

Cup of Char

Postby Cup of Char » 02 Feb 2005, 19:38

Image
I've just watched that (while Mrs Cup of Char is at the theatre...).
A real shock. I had never seen it before. It's simply fantastic...

marios

Postby marios » 03 Feb 2005, 01:05

snarfyguy wrote:
James R wrote:
Joe Moody wrote:Its a double sided disc. First time Ive ever seen one.


They're not terribly common but I have a few. Don't really like them cos you have to be more careful with handling them.


I've just come across this for the first time as well, on the U.S. edition of Roman Coppola's "CQ." There's no print on the surfaces (I suppose that would interfere with reading the info) except for on the circle around the hole, so it took me a while to figure out what was going on. I was navigating around these menus, unable to find the film itself, until I took the disc out of the machine and inspected it it.

A two sided disc! What a miraculous breakthrough! How did they ever think of it? :lol:


I've seen quite a few double discs recently cause the place i rent my DVDs from only have originals, no copies like the previous place i rented from.

Tonight i'll bewatching Shark Tale.

Cup of Char

Postby Cup of Char » 03 Feb 2005, 09:30

The Black Shadow wrote:
Cup of char wrote:
The Black Shadow wrote:We're Belgian. We put mayonaise on everything.
On pasta ! Image


On everything. Even on cups filled with char.
Don't you ever dare in front of me ! :evil:

User avatar
The Slider
Self-Aggrandising Cock
Posts: 45779
Joined: 16 Jul 2003, 19:05
Location: I'm only here for the sneer
Contact:

Postby The Slider » 03 Feb 2005, 10:30

NotBillyTheKid wrote:Slider, is it Fabien Barthez' new look on your avatar ?


They do look like two big dicks, don't they?
Which in RH's case is, I am sure, both deliberate and appreciated.
David Bowie Reduxed Mp3 set now available in the usual place, should you want one
Image

User avatar
James R
the grocer of despair
Posts: 9914
Joined: 17 Jul 2003, 03:53
Location: seated sultanically among the moons of Saturn
Contact:

Postby James R » 03 Feb 2005, 10:45

Image

A delight, I'm happy to report.
Should make the task of interviewing Mr Presley easier.
pcqgod wrote:I like how Liebling progresses from a rotting, animated corpse living in his parents' basement to a slightly more life-affirming walking corpse by the end of the movie.

Goat Boy wrote:I recall a midget with large tits dancing.

User avatar
The Black Shadow
King Pest
Posts: 2940
Joined: 01 Mar 2004, 16:06
Location: Terminus

Postby The Black Shadow » 03 Feb 2005, 11:03

Absolute yuppie crap of the worst alloy. Kate Hudson should be flayed for her apparent dismissal of the existance of the human soul.

Image
"What part of andele! don't you understand, you yankee piece of scum?"

User avatar
My name is Spaulding
Pancake Expert
Posts: 24074
Joined: 18 Jul 2003, 19:04
Location: Somewhere else

Postby My name is Spaulding » 03 Feb 2005, 11:14

The Black Shadow wrote: Kate Hudson should be flayed for her apparent dismissal of the existance of the human soul.


And for contributing to split the Black Crowes
Walk In My Shadow wrote:If Spaulding buys it, I'll buy it too.

User avatar
The Black Shadow
King Pest
Posts: 2940
Joined: 01 Mar 2004, 16:06
Location: Terminus

Postby The Black Shadow » 03 Feb 2005, 11:17

Captain Spaulding wrote:
The Black Shadow wrote: Kate Hudson should be flayed for her apparent dismissal of the existance of the human soul.


And for contributing to split the Black Crowes


They split up?
"What part of andele! don't you understand, you yankee piece of scum?"

User avatar
My name is Spaulding
Pancake Expert
Posts: 24074
Joined: 18 Jul 2003, 19:04
Location: Somewhere else

Postby My name is Spaulding » 03 Feb 2005, 11:21

The Black Shadow wrote:
Captain Spaulding wrote:
The Black Shadow wrote: Kate Hudson should be flayed for her apparent dismissal of the existance of the human soul.


And for contributing to split the Black Crowes


They split up?


Unfortunately, yes.

Chris Robinson has two solo records already, and last year Rich Robinson released his first one.
Walk In My Shadow wrote:If Spaulding buys it, I'll buy it too.

User avatar
Very Stable Baron
Diamond Geezer
Posts: 42260
Joined: 18 Jul 2003, 05:38
Location: Impregnable Citadel of Technicality

Postby Very Stable Baron » 10 Feb 2005, 04:37

Captain Spaulding wrote:
The Black Shadow wrote:
Captain Spaulding wrote:
The Black Shadow wrote: Kate Hudson should be flayed for her apparent dismissal of the existance of the human soul.


And for contributing to split the Black Crowes


They split up?


Unfortunately, yes.

Chris Robinson has two solo records already, and last year Rich Robinson released his first one.


I heard rumors of a reunion. They weren't worth a damn anyway.

Anyway, I saw Knife In The Water for the first time. It was good enough, but the girl was the best part.
take5_d_shorterer wrote:If John Bonham simply didn't listen to enough Tommy Johnson or Blind Willie Mctell, that's his doing.