I'm sick of the eighties!

Backslapping time. Well done us. We are fantastic.
User avatar
12xu2
AntiMacandy
Posts: 5528
Joined: 16 Jul 2003, 20:57
Contact:

Postby 12xu2 » 24 Nov 2004, 22:58

Bad Professor wrote:
12xu2 wrote:
Bad Professor wrote:
DerModernist wrote:kung fu slippers and Pernod and Black


:oops:


Thank Christ he didn't mention the neckerchief ...


Fuck off! :x


:oops:


Did your mum ever get that tea towel back?
It's important to have a Plan B ... particularly if you don't have a Plan A ...

User avatar
Butch Manly
Utter Cad
Posts: 51286
Joined: 16 Jul 2003, 21:22
Location: 16 Beasley Street

Postby Butch Manly » 24 Nov 2004, 22:58

DerModernist wrote: Usually worn over a tartan shirt and white t-shirt. :oops:


tartan shirt tucked in but baggy and unbuttoned, of course.

:oops:
Goatboy to Belle:

"I suggest you retreat to the safety of your Facebook bubble. Griff has a post he needs you to like."

User avatar
The Prof
Composing a revolutionary symphony
Posts: 45262
Joined: 16 Jul 2003, 18:32
Location: A Metropolis of Discontent

Postby The Prof » 24 Nov 2004, 23:01

12xu2 wrote:Did your mum ever get that tea towel back?


I nicked it from the kitchens at Ladbrokes.

Still, I had *slightly* more luck than you, dressed in your donkey jacket, Doc Martins and Fall button badges..

The Modernist

Postby The Modernist » 24 Nov 2004, 23:01

...and levis rolled up with no socks.
Actually the 80's weren't very individualistic at all were they?
We all looked the same.

User avatar
12xu2
AntiMacandy
Posts: 5528
Joined: 16 Jul 2003, 20:57
Contact:

Postby 12xu2 » 24 Nov 2004, 23:03

Bad Professor wrote:
12xu2 wrote:Did your mum ever get that tea towel back?


I nicked it from the kitchens at Ladbrokes.

Still, I had *slightly* more luck than you, dressed in your donkey jacket, Doc Martins and Fall button badges..


How cool were we? (hint: you probaly won't need a sophisticated thermometer to answer this question)
It's important to have a Plan B ... particularly if you don't have a Plan A ...

User avatar
Butch Manly
Utter Cad
Posts: 51286
Joined: 16 Jul 2003, 21:22
Location: 16 Beasley Street

Postby Butch Manly » 24 Nov 2004, 23:05

Bad Professor wrote:
12xu2 wrote:Did your mum ever get that tea towel back?


I nicked it from the kitchens at Ladbrokes.

Still, I had *slightly* more luck than you, dressed in your donkey jacket, Doc Martins and Fall button badges..


bloody hell, was bob one of those? :roll:

i bet he was actually made up when his hair fell out so he didn't have to shave it any more.
Goatboy to Belle:

"I suggest you retreat to the safety of your Facebook bubble. Griff has a post he needs you to like."

User avatar
The Prof
Composing a revolutionary symphony
Posts: 45262
Joined: 16 Jul 2003, 18:32
Location: A Metropolis of Discontent

Postby The Prof » 24 Nov 2004, 23:11

12xu2 wrote:How cool were we?


Totally cool, the original Ladykillers infact

Image

User avatar
12xu2
AntiMacandy
Posts: 5528
Joined: 16 Jul 2003, 20:57
Contact:

Postby 12xu2 » 24 Nov 2004, 23:12

The Teardrop Explodes is the gayest buch of gays that ever gayed.


apparently not
It's important to have a Plan B ... particularly if you don't have a Plan A ...

User avatar
Butch Manly
Utter Cad
Posts: 51286
Joined: 16 Jul 2003, 21:22
Location: 16 Beasley Street

Postby Butch Manly » 24 Nov 2004, 23:13

Bad Professor wrote:
12xu2 wrote:How cool were we?


Totally cool, the original Ladykillers infact

Image


:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Goatboy to Belle:

"I suggest you retreat to the safety of your Facebook bubble. Griff has a post he needs you to like."

The Modernist

Postby The Modernist » 24 Nov 2004, 23:14

Bad Professor wrote:
12xu2 wrote:How cool were we?


Totally cool, the original Ladykillers infact

Image


12XU2 you've forgotten the neckerchief!
I have to say The prof does look rather cool in a gallic Weller cafe society type way (of course the jumper should have been tied casually round the neck for maximum effect -but it does get cold up north -so your forgiven).
Last edited by The Modernist on 24 Nov 2004, 23:16, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
12xu2
AntiMacandy
Posts: 5528
Joined: 16 Jul 2003, 20:57
Contact:

Postby 12xu2 » 24 Nov 2004, 23:15

DerModernist wrote:12XU2 you've forgotten the neckerchief!


I'll let you into a secret, I was wearing socks too.
It's important to have a Plan B ... particularly if you don't have a Plan A ...

The Modernist

Postby The Modernist » 24 Nov 2004, 23:17

12xu2 wrote:
DerModernist wrote:12XU2 you've forgotten the neckerchief!


I'll let you into a secret, I was wearing socks too.


But you hit the points with the tartan shirt/white t-shirt combo!

User avatar
The Prof
Composing a revolutionary symphony
Posts: 45262
Joined: 16 Jul 2003, 18:32
Location: A Metropolis of Discontent

Postby The Prof » 24 Nov 2004, 23:18

12xu2 wrote:I was wearing socks too.


White toweling socks and kung-fu pumps. It used to be the law :(
Last edited by The Prof on 24 Nov 2004, 23:18, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Butch Manly
Utter Cad
Posts: 51286
Joined: 16 Jul 2003, 21:22
Location: 16 Beasley Street

Postby Butch Manly » 24 Nov 2004, 23:18

12xu2 wrote:
DerModernist wrote:12XU2 you've forgotten the neckerchief!


I'll let you into a secret, I was wearing socks too.


fucking hell, it's all coming out tonight, isn't it?
Goatboy to Belle:

"I suggest you retreat to the safety of your Facebook bubble. Griff has a post he needs you to like."

The Modernist

Postby The Modernist » 24 Nov 2004, 23:19

Bad Professor wrote:
12xu2 wrote:I was wearing socks too.


White toweling socks and kung-fu pumps. It used to be the law :(


or for a bit of variety you could wear them with deck shoes too.

User avatar
The Prof
Composing a revolutionary symphony
Posts: 45262
Joined: 16 Jul 2003, 18:32
Location: A Metropolis of Discontent

Postby The Prof » 24 Nov 2004, 23:19

griff (not griff) wrote:fucking hell, it's all coming out tonight, isn't it?


I know! and that's your job, isn't it?

User avatar
The Prof
Composing a revolutionary symphony
Posts: 45262
Joined: 16 Jul 2003, 18:32
Location: A Metropolis of Discontent

Postby The Prof » 24 Nov 2004, 23:20

DerModernist wrote:
Bad Professor wrote:
12xu2 wrote:I was wearing socks too.


White toweling socks and kung-fu pumps. It used to be the law :(


or for a bit of variety you could wear them with deck shoes too.


or a checked shirt with the sleeves cut off and 3/4 length jeans

User avatar
Butch Manly
Utter Cad
Posts: 51286
Joined: 16 Jul 2003, 21:22
Location: 16 Beasley Street

Postby Butch Manly » 24 Nov 2004, 23:21

Bad Professor wrote:
griff (not griff) wrote:fucking hell, it's all coming out tonight, isn't it?


I know! and that's your job, isn't it?


he'll be telling us how often he wanks next. :roll:
Goatboy to Belle:

"I suggest you retreat to the safety of your Facebook bubble. Griff has a post he needs you to like."

User avatar
Butch Manly
Utter Cad
Posts: 51286
Joined: 16 Jul 2003, 21:22
Location: 16 Beasley Street

Re: I'm sick of the eighties!

Postby Butch Manly » 19 Feb 2005, 19:00

LeBaron wrote:Just saw the Walkmen on Letterman. It started out promisingly enough, but quickly degenerated into yet another blatant (and boring) U2 ripoff.

Why is it that almost every new(ish) band I hear sounds like early (earnest) U2 with Peter Hook sitting in on bass? Is it just me?


returning to the original point of this thread, i heard "the rat" today (i'm not exactly "current", me :roll: ) and i thought it sounded absolutely fantastic. i didn't know what it was and i found myself trawling my seventies/eighties memory banks to try to place it. then i realised it was only released last year.

what a shit-hot song!
Goatboy to Belle:

"I suggest you retreat to the safety of your Facebook bubble. Griff has a post he needs you to like."

User avatar
Owen
definitely not Travolta
Posts: 14658
Joined: 17 Jul 2003, 22:52
Contact:

Re: I'm sick of the eighties!

Postby Owen » 19 Feb 2005, 19:09

TheBoyGiraffe wrote:
LeBaron wrote:Just saw the Walkmen on Letterman. It started out promisingly enough, but quickly degenerated into yet another blatant (and boring) U2 ripoff.

Why is it that almost every new(ish) band I hear sounds like early (earnest) U2 with Peter Hook sitting in on bass? Is it just me?


returning to the original point of this thread, i heard "the rat" today (i'm not exactly "current", me :roll: ) and i thought it sounded absolutely fantastic. i didn't know what it was and i found myself trawling my seventies/eighties memory banks to try to place it. then i realised it was only released last year.

what a shit-hot song!


yeah it's great. i kind of agree with the Baron's wider point but it's a cool song. The rest of the album is a bit dull, sounds like them knowing they had something on that one track and looking around the studio to see where they put it withotu ever coming across it.