Utterly predicatable, most influential claptrap.

Backslapping time. Well done us. We are fantastic.
User avatar
Snarfyguy
Dominated by the Obscure
Posts: 53070
Joined: 21 Jul 2003, 19:04
Location: New York

Postby Snarfyguy » 27 Oct 2004, 00:14

Sorry, what's the point of the thread?

To determine the canonical albums and figure out why they suck and who among us has the fewest of them?
GoogaMooga wrote: The further away from home you go, the greater the risk of getting stuck there.

User avatar
The Mysterious Doctor Satan's Robot
Universally Despised
Posts: 4809
Joined: 17 Jul 2003, 22:48
Location: Toronto

Postby The Mysterious Doctor Satan's Robot » 27 Oct 2004, 00:18

snarfyguy wrote:Sorry, what's the point of the thread?

To determine the canonical albums and figure out why they suck and who among us has the fewest of them?


It's a witch hunt!

Or in Nathan's case, a sandwich hunt.
And the day keeps on remindin' me, there's a boozehound on my trail

User avatar
Butch Manly
Utter Cad
Posts: 51241
Joined: 16 Jul 2003, 21:22
Location: 16 Beasley Street

Postby Butch Manly » 27 Oct 2004, 00:18

snarfyguy wrote:Sorry, what's the point of the thread?

To determine the canonical albums and figure out why they suck and who among us has the fewest of them?


it was probably a lot more spontaneous than that but you might be close to the truth. i just liked ced and the baron getting upset about it, like i was raping their mothers or something.
Goatboy to Belle:

"I suggest you retreat to the safety of your Facebook bubble. Griff has a post he needs you to like."

User avatar
Snarfyguy
Dominated by the Obscure
Posts: 53070
Joined: 21 Jul 2003, 19:04
Location: New York

Postby Snarfyguy » 27 Oct 2004, 00:20

TheBoyGiraffe wrote:
snarfyguy wrote:Sorry, what's the point of the thread?

To determine the canonical albums and figure out why they suck and who among us has the fewest of them?


it was probably a lot more spontaneous than that but you might be close to the truth. i just liked ced and the baron getting upset about it, like i was raping their mothers or something.


Well! Perhaps it's worth a read after all.
GoogaMooga wrote: The further away from home you go, the greater the risk of getting stuck there.

User avatar
JQW
Posts: 29041
Joined: 16 Jul 2003, 13:27
Location: The Crazy Loquat, Szegerely

Postby JQW » 27 Oct 2004, 00:23

I might as well shut this site down now, then!
The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt. - Bertrand Russell

User avatar
Butch Manly
Utter Cad
Posts: 51241
Joined: 16 Jul 2003, 21:22
Location: 16 Beasley Street

Postby Butch Manly » 27 Oct 2004, 00:25

and now, those all-important giraffe ratings:



Pet Sounds *****
Revolver *****
Forever Changes *****
Village Green Preservation Society ****
The Queen Is Dead *****
Exile on Main Street ****
The Band
Astral Weeks *****
Trout Mask Replica
Are You Experienced? ***
The Velvet Underground and Nico *****
Blonde on Blonde *****
The Stone Roses*****
SF Sorrow
OK Computer ***
Odyssey and Oracle ***
A Love Supreme
What's Going On *****
Dark Side of the Moon***
Innervisions ****
Sgt Pepper ***
Piper at the Gates of Dawn **
Led Zeppelin IV *
London Calling *****
Never Mind the Bollocks *****
Low *****
Fun House
Kick out the Jams ***
Loveless ***
Trans Europe Express
Pink Flag ****
Grace ***
Born to run ****
Let's get it on *****
Marquee Moon ****
Thriller **
Sign o' the Times
It Takes a Nation of Millions...*****
Mago Tago ***
Sabbath Bloody Sabbath ***
Ram
Pink Moon
Unknown Pleasures*****
Talking Book*****
The Doors***
Electric Warrior
Nevermind ***
Doolittle ****
Zen Arcade
Psychocandy*****
Ziggy Stardust*****
Goatboy to Belle:

"I suggest you retreat to the safety of your Facebook bubble. Griff has a post he needs you to like."

User avatar
Butch Manly
Utter Cad
Posts: 51241
Joined: 16 Jul 2003, 21:22
Location: 16 Beasley Street

Postby Butch Manly » 27 Oct 2004, 00:25

JQW wrote:I might as well shut this site down now, then!


why?
Goatboy to Belle:

"I suggest you retreat to the safety of your Facebook bubble. Griff has a post he needs you to like."

User avatar
The Mysterious Doctor Satan's Robot
Universally Despised
Posts: 4809
Joined: 17 Jul 2003, 22:48
Location: Toronto

Postby The Mysterious Doctor Satan's Robot » 27 Oct 2004, 00:27

TheBoyGiraffe wrote:
JQW wrote:I might as well shut this site down now, then!


why?


Music is garbage apparently.
And the day keeps on remindin' me, there's a boozehound on my trail

User avatar
Jeff K
The Original K
Posts: 32693
Joined: 16 Jul 2003, 23:08
Location: Pennsylvania USA
Contact:

Postby Jeff K » 27 Oct 2004, 00:27

I have them all with the exception of Grace, Talking Book, Born to Run, It Takes a Million and Sgt. Pepper.

And yes, I have Thriller.
the science eel experiment wrote:Jesus Christ can't save BCB, i believe i can.

User avatar
Snarfyguy
Dominated by the Obscure
Posts: 53070
Joined: 21 Jul 2003, 19:04
Location: New York

Postby Snarfyguy » 27 Oct 2004, 00:28

It's revisionism gone mad, I tell you. Those are (mostly) great albums. We shouldn't like them because... what? Too many other people do?
GoogaMooga wrote: The further away from home you go, the greater the risk of getting stuck there.

User avatar
PENK
Midnight to Six Man
Posts: 35042
Joined: 07 Aug 2004, 20:12
Location: Stockholm

Postby PENK » 27 Oct 2004, 00:30

snarfyguy wrote:It's revisionism gone mad, I tell you. Those are (mostly) great albums. We shouldn't like them because... what? Too many other people do?


We should like most of them, just not The Doors.

Griff, did you just give Pink Moon a 0 out of 5 rating?
GoogaMooga wrote:
Minnie Cheddars wrote:Baron got into a fight with some Satan’s Slaves over some culinary issue

Awful thing when that happens. I had a similar experience at a Tom Jones concert.

User avatar
Jeff K
The Original K
Posts: 32693
Joined: 16 Jul 2003, 23:08
Location: Pennsylvania USA
Contact:

Postby Jeff K » 27 Oct 2004, 00:33

I'd like to add that even though I have most of the albums mentioned, I seldom listen to them anymore.

Thank you.

Carry on.
the science eel experiment wrote:Jesus Christ can't save BCB, i believe i can.

User avatar
Butch Manly
Utter Cad
Posts: 51241
Joined: 16 Jul 2003, 21:22
Location: 16 Beasley Street

Postby Butch Manly » 27 Oct 2004, 00:35

Artie Buco wrote:
snarfyguy wrote:It's revisionism gone mad, I tell you. Those are (mostly) great albums. We shouldn't like them because... what? Too many other people do?


We should like most of them, just not The Doors.

Griff, did you just give Pink Moon a 0 out of 5 rating?


the ones i didn't rate are the one's i've never heard.
Goatboy to Belle:

"I suggest you retreat to the safety of your Facebook bubble. Griff has a post he needs you to like."

User avatar
The Mysterious Doctor Satan's Robot
Universally Despised
Posts: 4809
Joined: 17 Jul 2003, 22:48
Location: Toronto

Postby The Mysterious Doctor Satan's Robot » 27 Oct 2004, 00:36

TheBoyGiraffe wrote:
Artie Buco wrote:
snarfyguy wrote:It's revisionism gone mad, I tell you. Those are (mostly) great albums. We shouldn't like them because... what? Too many other people do?


We should like most of them, just not The Doors.

Griff, did you just give Pink Moon a 0 out of 5 rating?


the ones i didn't rate are the one's i've never heard.


You don't happen to work for Rolling Stone, do you?
And the day keeps on remindin' me, there's a boozehound on my trail

User avatar
Owen
definitely not Travolta
Posts: 14658
Joined: 17 Jul 2003, 22:52
Contact:

Postby Owen » 27 Oct 2004, 00:37

Jeff K wrote:I have them all with the exception of Grace, Talking Book, Born to Run, It Takes a Million and Sgt. Pepper.

And yes, I have Thriller.


where did this thriller hatred come from, actually dont answer, i can just picture where it comes from. A lot of people who identified with the lyrics to 'How Soon is now' too much

It's a decent pop album, so a lot of people bought it?, well maybe they have better taste than people here give them credit for.

User avatar
Butch Manly
Utter Cad
Posts: 51241
Joined: 16 Jul 2003, 21:22
Location: 16 Beasley Street

Postby Butch Manly » 27 Oct 2004, 00:43

Owen wrote:
Jeff K wrote:I have them all with the exception of Grace, Talking Book, Born to Run, It Takes a Million and Sgt. Pepper.

And yes, I have Thriller.


where did this thriller hatred come from, actually dont answer, i can just picture where it comes from. A lot of people who identified with the lyrics to 'How Soon is now' too much

It's a decent pop album, so a lot of people bought it?, well maybe they have better taste than people here give them credit for.


personally, i think it suffers from three main problems: jackson's irritating vocal tics; the fact that we've all heard those songs way too much; the 'corporate-ness' of it all.

unlike "off the wall", say, it is completely unloveable.

(put another way, it says nothing to me about my life, hang the DJ, etc....)
Goatboy to Belle:

"I suggest you retreat to the safety of your Facebook bubble. Griff has a post he needs you to like."

User avatar
Owen
definitely not Travolta
Posts: 14658
Joined: 17 Jul 2003, 22:52
Contact:

Postby Owen » 27 Oct 2004, 00:44

TheBoyGiraffe wrote:personally, i think it suffers from three main problems: jackson's irritating vocal tics; the fact that we've all heard those songs way too much; the 'corporate-ness' of it all.


yeah i can go along with all of those to be honest

and then i remember school discos and think who gives a fuck


unlike "off the wall", say, it is completely unloveable.

(put another way, it says nothing to me about my life, hang the DJ, etc....)


:-)

The Modernist

Postby The Modernist » 27 Oct 2004, 00:55

Its one of those chaos threads where everything gets attacked and no one knows what they're talking about. Good thread DD.

User avatar
PENK
Midnight to Six Man
Posts: 35042
Joined: 07 Aug 2004, 20:12
Location: Stockholm

Postby PENK » 27 Oct 2004, 01:02

DerModernist wrote:Its one of those chaos threads where everything gets attacked and no one knows what they're talking about. Good thread DD.


I wouldn't pay attention here, everyone. He clearly doesn't know what he's talking about.
GoogaMooga wrote:
Minnie Cheddars wrote:Baron got into a fight with some Satan’s Slaves over some culinary issue

Awful thing when that happens. I had a similar experience at a Tom Jones concert.

User avatar
Snarfyguy
Dominated by the Obscure
Posts: 53070
Joined: 21 Jul 2003, 19:04
Location: New York

Postby Snarfyguy » 27 Oct 2004, 01:03

Artie Buco wrote:
DerModernist wrote:Its one of those chaos threads where everything gets attacked and no one knows what they're talking about. Good thread DD.


I wouldn't pay attention here, everyone. He clearly doesn't know what he's talking about.


Get him! :evil:
GoogaMooga wrote: The further away from home you go, the greater the risk of getting stuck there.