Does our board have more soul?

Backslapping time. Well done us. We are fantastic.
The Write Profile
2017 BCB Cup Champ

Postby The Write Profile » 01 Feb 2005, 02:14

Pieter wrote:I've not heard it, but that statement (of Profile) says more about the listener's prejudices than about the music, doesn't it?
Who says you have to keep up with the new generation? Does that mean Bob Dylan has to start making Americana-albums? :roll:

Hmmm, I see your point there, Pieter. But my problem with it, basically is that it was a patchy, and indeed lazy LP. Since then I've rectified my opinion slightly. His heart didn't sound in it--some moments here and there, but it's a shadow of itself, and it seems really self-congratulatory too. Which is a shame, but then maybe I'll give it another go.
It's before my time but I've been told, he never came back from Karangahape Road.

Brother Spoon
Billy Crystal

Postby Brother Spoon » 01 Feb 2005, 14:45

The Right Summery Profile wrote:
But my problem with it, basically is that it was a patchy, and indeed lazy LP. Since then I've rectified my opinion slightly. His heart didn't sound in it--some moments here and there, but it's a shadow of itself, and it seems really self-congratulatory too. Which is a shame, but then maybe I'll give it another go.

Well, I've not heard it (I seem to have lost my interest in a new Prince), so that may be true, but that's still something completely different from saying it's bad because it's reactionary and not keeping up with his heirs. Being reactionary is not the same as being lazy or self-congratulatory.

Return to “Classic Threads & Treasury of Mirth”