Thrift shop scores

Backslapping time. Well done us. We are fantastic.
User avatar
der nister
Posts: 15564
Joined: 30 Sep 2008, 18:42

Re: Thrift shop scores

Postby der nister » 06 Apr 2015, 21:56

SEX ARSE wrote:
TG wrote:
SEX ARSE wrote:You're confusing 'comment' with 'decide'


Perhaps decide was not the exact word that I should have used. But that evades the bigger point. And the question that I originally posed.

Why does he deserve it?


Because he is by now fully aware of how this board operates and also the core taste of the majority of its members.


So, if anyone posts outside beatlestones ukpunk they are open for ridicule?
It's kinda depressing for a music forum to be proud of not knowing musicians.

User avatar
SWIMMING POOL HARRINGTON
hounds people off the board
Posts: 19523
Joined: 24 Apr 2007, 23:21
Location: selling a self-detonating James Last CD to a Copenhagen thrift store

Re: Thrift shop scores

Postby SWIMMING POOL HARRINGTON » 06 Apr 2015, 21:59

Who suggested that?
Darkness_Fish wrote:This is a big fucking mess of absolute shit from the off.

User avatar
der nister
Posts: 15564
Joined: 30 Sep 2008, 18:42

Re: Thrift shop scores

Postby der nister » 06 Apr 2015, 22:00

they tend to be the core, and what you don't thread crap
It's kinda depressing for a music forum to be proud of not knowing musicians.

User avatar
The Modernist
2018 BCB Cup Champ!
Posts: 12832
Joined: 13 Apr 2014, 20:42

Re: Thrift shop scores

Postby The Modernist » 06 Apr 2015, 22:05

TG wrote:
The Modernist wrote:I think some of them did have a go at him unnecessarily yeah. At the same time if you have someone who lacks any kind of self-awareness and doesn't give any thought about the way his posting is going to be received, it's almost a recipe for conflict. This board is about communication and if you're not good at reading how your posts are going down, indeed are almost willfully impervious to it, then there's going to be problems.


But why should one poster have to give any thought to how a handful of other posters might receive those posts? No one here posts threads that are universally received with open arms but they are still able to post without being harassed.

Most of us don't give a fuck what what Googa or anyone else posts about on the music sections of this board. It's a handful of BCB wanna be police or wannabe comedians or wannabe celebrities, or whatever they are, that care. And the rest of us are reminded of it every time he posts. I know which action makes the board less tolerable for me and I don't think I'm alone.

Why do a half dozen or so members get to decide what one other member deserves to be able to post in the music sections of this space?


You're missing the point.
The point isn't whether some posters get to decide what he should or shouldn't post, I'm not suggesting anything should be policed in that way. My point was that Googa's problems stemmed in the main from not being capable of considering whether what he was posting was interesting or relevant or whatever.
I mean let me ask you this if you are at a dinner party, do you just feel you should say what the hell you like and talk for as long as you want and if it bores others then who gives a fuck? Or do you try to engage with others, get on their wavelength, think of funny or interesting things to say, ask questions of others..you know all that social stuff.
I think a lot of Googa's problems with that were due to his condition, which is a shame.

User avatar
TG
Posts: 3737
Joined: 30 May 2006, 23:41
Location: Boss Angeles

Re: Thrift shop scores

Postby TG » 06 Apr 2015, 22:06

SEX ARSE wrote:
TG wrote:
SEX ARSE wrote:You're confusing 'comment' with 'decide'


Perhaps decide was not the exact word that I should have used. But that evades the bigger point. And the question that I originally posed.

Why does he deserve it?


Because he is by now fully aware of how this board operates and also the core taste of the majority of its members.


Where are the rules about how this board operates codified? I'm pretty certain that if there were any rules written down that not constantly harassing another poster would be among them. What rules do you follow?
Jeff K wrote:Not at all. I love TG. I might be the only one on BCB who does but I don't care.

User avatar
The Modernist
2018 BCB Cup Champ!
Posts: 12832
Joined: 13 Apr 2014, 20:42

Re: Thrift shop scores

Postby The Modernist » 06 Apr 2015, 22:08

neville harp wrote:I think there's a definite difference between Coan v Googs, which is an ideological battle over what BCB is, and the blunt, hypocritical cuntery of ****** *** V Googs which is simply unnecessarily personal bullying.


Nah that's just your own personal preference in which poster you like more.

User avatar
SWIMMING POOL HARRINGTON
hounds people off the board
Posts: 19523
Joined: 24 Apr 2007, 23:21
Location: selling a self-detonating James Last CD to a Copenhagen thrift store

Re: Thrift shop scores

Postby SWIMMING POOL HARRINGTON » 06 Apr 2015, 22:09

der nister wrote:they tend to be the core, and what you don't thread crap


Not true.

You're not doing very well tonight, are you? did you find any evidence of mine and skope's 'homophobic' comments?
Darkness_Fish wrote:This is a big fucking mess of absolute shit from the off.

User avatar
jimboo
Posts: 6769
Joined: 29 Dec 2005, 17:43
Location: taking a foxy kind of stand

Re: Thrift shop scores

Postby jimboo » 06 Apr 2015, 22:11

The Modernist wrote:
TG wrote:
The Modernist wrote:I think some of them did have a go at him unnecessarily yeah. At the same time if you have someone who lacks any kind of self-awareness and doesn't give any thought about the way his posting is going to be received, it's almost a recipe for conflict. This board is about communication and if you're not good at reading how your posts are going down, indeed are almost willfully impervious to it, then there's going to be problems.


But why should one poster have to give any thought to how a handful of other posters might receive those posts? No one here posts threads that are universally received with open arms but they are still able to post without being harassed.

Most of us don't give a fuck what what Googa or anyone else posts about on the music sections of this board. It's a handful of BCB wanna be police or wannabe comedians or wannabe celebrities, or whatever they are, that care. And the rest of us are reminded of it every time he posts. I know which action makes the board less tolerable for me and I don't think I'm alone.

Why do a half dozen or so members get to decide what one other member deserves to be able to post in the music sections of this space?


You're missing the point.
The point isn't whether some posters get to decide what he should or shouldn't post, I'm not suggesting anything should be policed in that way. My point was that Googa's problems stemmed in the main from not being capable of considering whether what he was posting was interesting or relevant or whatever.
I mean let me ask you this if you are at a dinner party, do you just feel you should say what the hell you like and talk for as long as you want and if it bores others then who gives a fuck? Or do you try to engage with others, get on their wavelength, think of funny or interesting things to say, ask questions of others..you know all that social stuff.
I think a lot of Googa's problems with that were due to his condition, which is a shame.



Not having a go chap , but have you tried to engage with googa in that social stuff ?
Goat Boy wrote:Oh, do fuck off, prog boy.

User avatar
SWIMMING POOL HARRINGTON
hounds people off the board
Posts: 19523
Joined: 24 Apr 2007, 23:21
Location: selling a self-detonating James Last CD to a Copenhagen thrift store

Re: Thrift shop scores

Postby SWIMMING POOL HARRINGTON » 06 Apr 2015, 22:11

TG wrote:
SEX ARSE wrote:
TG wrote:
Perhaps decide was not the exact word that I should have used. But that evades the bigger point. And the question that I originally posed.

Why does he deserve it?


Because he is by now fully aware of how this board operates and also the core taste of the majority of its members.


Where are the rules about how this board operates codified? I'm pretty certain that if there were any rules written down that not constantly harassing another poster would be among them. What rules do you follow?


You're being silly. And making a big deal about something that is fully to be expected on a community like ours when someone like GM does what he does.
Darkness_Fish wrote:This is a big fucking mess of absolute shit from the off.

User avatar
der nister
Posts: 15564
Joined: 30 Sep 2008, 18:42

Re: Thrift shop scores

Postby der nister » 06 Apr 2015, 22:15

SEX ARSE wrote:
der nister wrote:they tend to be the core, and what you don't thread crap


Not true.

You're not doing very well tonight, are you? did you find any evidence of mine and skope's 'homophobic' comments?


from you alone i have 15-20 dedicated threads, some even laced with your coprophiliac tendencies,
but we have been through this before numerous times
you'll back off for a while then go back to your entertaining monkey schtick
It's kinda depressing for a music forum to be proud of not knowing musicians.

User avatar
The Modernist
2018 BCB Cup Champ!
Posts: 12832
Joined: 13 Apr 2014, 20:42

Re: Thrift shop scores

Postby The Modernist » 06 Apr 2015, 22:15

SEX ARSE wrote:
The Modernist wrote:I think some of them did have a go at him unnecessarily yeah. At the same time if you have someone who lacks any kind of self-awareness and doesn't give any thought about the way his posting is going to be received, it's almost a recipe for conflict. This board is about communication and if you're not good at reading how your posts are going down, indeed are almost willfully impervious to it, then there's going to be problems.


The 'forgiving' folk put that lack of awareness down to his Aspergers (something that we're always reluctant to address directly). But he's aware of what he does, and I would find it hard to accept that he's unaware of the reaction he'll get to 'I've torn a CD cover'.


I don't know to be honest. I'd have to have met him personally I think to know that. I think he's more knowing than just being this 'idiot savant' certainly, but at the same time his Aspergers does seem to be a major factor in the way he posted. I think he lacks that filter that most of us have, it's like with him communication is a one-way model. He just spews it out there. But a lot of the time I found his posting quite funny rather than annoying.

User avatar
clive gash
wannabee enfant terrible
Posts: 17034
Joined: 29 Sep 2007, 00:32
Location: down the rabbit hole

Re: Thrift shop scores

Postby clive gash » 06 Apr 2015, 22:16

TG wrote:Where are the rules about how this board operates codified? I'm pretty certain that if there were any rules written down that not constantly harassing another poster would be among them. What rules do you follow?


I'd say that there are unwritten, fairly fluid "rules" about how this board operates, a general atmosphere that prevails, a way that it's broadly recognised that you might want to interact.

Should you be hounded off the board for not fitting in, for not toeing the line, either by design or inadvertently? No.
It takes a big man to cry, but it takes a bigger man to laugh at that man.

Diamond Dog wrote:...yet it quite clearly hit the target with you and your nonce, didn't it?


User avatar
The Modernist
2018 BCB Cup Champ!
Posts: 12832
Joined: 13 Apr 2014, 20:42

Re: Thrift shop scores

Postby The Modernist » 06 Apr 2015, 22:17

jimboo wrote:
The Modernist wrote:
You're missing the point.
The point isn't whether some posters get to decide what he should or shouldn't post, I'm not suggesting anything should be policed in that way. My point was that Googa's problems stemmed in the main from not being capable of considering whether what he was posting was interesting or relevant or whatever.
I mean let me ask you this if you are at a dinner party, do you just feel you should say what the hell you like and talk for as long as you want and if it bores others then who gives a fuck? Or do you try to engage with others, get on their wavelength, think of funny or interesting things to say, ask questions of others..you know all that social stuff.
I think a lot of Googa's problems with that were due to his condition, which is a shame.



Not having a go chap , but have you tried to engage with googa in that social stuff ?


Yeah I think so, why?

User avatar
SWIMMING POOL HARRINGTON
hounds people off the board
Posts: 19523
Joined: 24 Apr 2007, 23:21
Location: selling a self-detonating James Last CD to a Copenhagen thrift store

Re: Thrift shop scores

Postby SWIMMING POOL HARRINGTON » 06 Apr 2015, 22:19

der nister wrote:
SEX ARSE wrote:
der nister wrote:they tend to be the core, and what you don't thread crap


Not true.

You're not doing very well tonight, are you? did you find any evidence of mine and skope's 'homophobic' comments?


from you alone i have 15-20 dedicated threads, some even laced with your coprophiliac tendencies


Just post five examples.
Darkness_Fish wrote:This is a big fucking mess of absolute shit from the off.

User avatar
TG
Posts: 3737
Joined: 30 May 2006, 23:41
Location: Boss Angeles

Re: Thrift shop scores

Postby TG » 06 Apr 2015, 22:20

The Modernist wrote:
TG wrote:
The Modernist wrote:I think some of them did have a go at him unnecessarily yeah. At the same time if you have someone who lacks any kind of self-awareness and doesn't give any thought about the way his posting is going to be received, it's almost a recipe for conflict. This board is about communication and if you're not good at reading how your posts are going down, indeed are almost willfully impervious to it, then there's going to be problems.


But why should one poster have to give any thought to how a handful of other posters might receive those posts? No one here posts threads that are universally received with open arms but they are still able to post without being harassed.

Most of us don't give a fuck what what Googa or anyone else posts about on the music sections of this board. It's a handful of BCB wanna be police or wannabe comedians or wannabe celebrities, or whatever they are, that care. And the rest of us are reminded of it every time he posts. I know which action makes the board less tolerable for me and I don't think I'm alone.

Why do a half dozen or so members get to decide what one other member deserves to be able to post in the music sections of this space?


You're missing the point.
The point isn't whether some posters get to decide what he should or shouldn't post, I'm not suggesting anything should be policed in that way. My point was that Googa's problems stemmed in the main from not being capable of considering whether what he was posting was interesting or relevant or whatever.
I mean let me ask you this if you are at a dinner party, do you just feel you should say what the hell you like and talk for as long as you want and if it bores others then who gives a fuck? Or do you try to engage with others, get on their wavelength, think of funny or interesting things to say, ask questions of others..you know all that social stuff.
I think a lot of Googa's problems with that were due to his condition, which is a shame.


My fiancé will assure that missing the point is my specialty. Forgive me if I did.

To answer your question; if I were at a dinner party and someone was monopolizing the conversation and talking about whatever they wanted, etc. I would likely avoid them. I wouldn't call them names and ridicule them and harass them. That would make me just as bad as they are. Or worse if what they were doing was due to some condition or other. I would not invite them back if it were my dinner party. If it were someone else's party I would either continue to avoid them or decline an invitation to join the next party if that person were attending. I wouldn't go into someone else's party and tell another guest that they should consider finding a party that better suited them.
Jeff K wrote:Not at all. I love TG. I might be the only one on BCB who does but I don't care.

User avatar
clive gash
wannabee enfant terrible
Posts: 17034
Joined: 29 Sep 2007, 00:32
Location: down the rabbit hole

Re: Thrift shop scores

Postby clive gash » 06 Apr 2015, 22:23

The Modernist wrote:
neville harp wrote:I think there's a definite difference between Coan v Googs, which is an ideological battle over what BCB is, and the blunt, hypocritical cuntery of ****** *** V Googs which is simply unnecessarily personal bullying.


Nah that's just your own personal preference in which poster you like more.


Possibly, but I do think that there's a difference between Coan's exasperation and the other poster's "stupid lying cunt".
It takes a big man to cry, but it takes a bigger man to laugh at that man.

Diamond Dog wrote:...yet it quite clearly hit the target with you and your nonce, didn't it?


User avatar
The Modernist
2018 BCB Cup Champ!
Posts: 12832
Joined: 13 Apr 2014, 20:42

Re: Thrift shop scores

Postby The Modernist » 06 Apr 2015, 22:23

I wouldn't disagree with any of that TG.
I think the best solution for Googa would have been to put John on ignore, but he always resisted that leading me to think he quite enjoyed the squabbles and attention.

User avatar
TG
Posts: 3737
Joined: 30 May 2006, 23:41
Location: Boss Angeles

Re: Thrift shop scores

Postby TG » 06 Apr 2015, 22:28

SEX ARSE wrote:You're being silly. And making a big deal about something that is fully to be expected on a community like ours when someone like GM does what he does.


I don't think it's silly to expect to be able to post here without being harassed by someone who doesn't share your tastes. And I don't think it's silly that I should be able to read through this forum and not be subjected to a half dozen or so members attacking another member nearly every time he posts. I actually like this thread, or the initial idea behind it, and it's become unreadable due to the actions of a few and the reactions of a few others (myself included). As I mentioned; we all know how you feel about him. Why can't you just let it go?
Jeff K wrote:Not at all. I love TG. I might be the only one on BCB who does but I don't care.

User avatar
TG
Posts: 3737
Joined: 30 May 2006, 23:41
Location: Boss Angeles

Re: Thrift shop scores

Postby TG » 06 Apr 2015, 22:33

The Modernist wrote:I wouldn't disagree with any of that TG.
I think the best solution for Googa would have been to put John on ignore, but he always resisted that leading me to think he quite enjoyed the squabbles and attention.


I'm really not trying to be a dick about this but I'm curious why GM, who is posting about music he likes, needs to put the guy who is harassing him on ignore? What about the guy who is doing the harassing? Why does he get a free pass for his behavior? Why isn't the constant harassing of another poster frowned upon?
Jeff K wrote:Not at all. I love TG. I might be the only one on BCB who does but I don't care.

User avatar
jimboo
Posts: 6769
Joined: 29 Dec 2005, 17:43
Location: taking a foxy kind of stand

Re: Thrift shop scores

Postby jimboo » 06 Apr 2015, 22:35

The Modernist wrote:
jimboo wrote:
The Modernist wrote:
You're missing the point.
The point isn't whether some posters get to decide what he should or shouldn't post, I'm not suggesting anything should be policed in that way. My point was that Googa's problems stemmed in the main from not being capable of considering whether what he was posting was interesting or relevant or whatever.
I mean let me ask you this if you are at a dinner party, do you just feel you should say what the hell you like and talk for as long as you want and if it bores others then who gives a fuck? Or do you try to engage with others, get on their wavelength, think of funny or interesting things to say, ask questions of others..you know all that social stuff.
I think a lot of Googa's problems with that were due to his condition, which is a shame.



Not having a go chap , but have you tried to engage with googa in that social stuff ?


If you read the opening paragraph concerning aspergers on wiki then you would understand that the very analogy used by yourself as a considered reply , show that your understanding of the condition is (sadly) completely wide of the mark.
Goat Boy wrote:Oh, do fuck off, prog boy.