Thrift shop scores

Backslapping time. Well done us. We are fantastic.
User avatar
TG
Posts: 3708
Joined: 30 May 2006, 23:41
Location: Boss Angeles

Re: Thrift shop scores

Postby TG » 18 Apr 2015, 16:18

GoogaMooga wrote:Also, you are in LA, bound to find more great stuff cheap.


Indeed. But wherever I might be I'd rather listen to Johnny Cash at San Quentin several times to get to know it than listen to it once so I could move on to Sailor, George Michael or Jose Feliciano. Location doesn't change that. That's where our listening/collecting approaches differ.
Jeff K wrote:Not at all. I love TG. I might be the only one on BCB who does but I don't care.

User avatar
GoogaMooga
custodian of oldies
Posts: 24194
Joined: 28 Sep 2010, 05:23
Location: Denmark

Re: Thrift shop scores

Postby GoogaMooga » 18 Apr 2015, 16:21

TG wrote:
GoogaMooga wrote:Also, you are in LA, bound to find more great stuff cheap.


Indeed. But wherever I might be I'd rather listen to Johnny Cash at San Quentin several times to get to know it than listen to it once so I could move on to Sailor, George Michael or Jose Feliciano. Location doesn't change that. That's where our listening/collecting approaches differ.


My dream score would be 90% soul and reggae. But Denmark only has a small black community, and the Danes don't care much for those genres. So I toddle along with pop and rock.
1966 and all that

User avatar
Purgatory Brite
Posts: 2053
Joined: 22 Feb 2015, 11:31

Re: Thrift shop scores

Postby Purgatory Brite » 18 Apr 2015, 16:22

Image

User avatar
Walk In My Shadow
Hello Laydeez
Posts: 37265
Joined: 23 Jul 2003, 20:02
Location: The Good, the Bad, both ugly
Contact:

Re: Thrift shop scores

Postby Walk In My Shadow » 18 Apr 2015, 19:50

GoogaMooga wrote:John, it takes some degree of passion to put in as many hours as I do. I'd say I am half passion, half obsessive.




And that leaves 0% for the love for music?
Beneluxfunkmeisterlurvegod


Image

User avatar
GoogaMooga
custodian of oldies
Posts: 24194
Joined: 28 Sep 2010, 05:23
Location: Denmark

Re: Thrift shop scores

Postby GoogaMooga » 18 Apr 2015, 19:54

Walk In My Shadow wrote:
GoogaMooga wrote:John, it takes some degree of passion to put in as many hours as I do. I'd say I am half passion, half obsessive.




And that leaves 0% for the love for music?


I think you are mincing words here. Passionate and obsessive, wouldn't that be tantamount to love, genuine love of music?
1966 and all that

User avatar
'skope
BCB poster of the year 2014
Posts: 6248
Joined: 07 Jun 2014, 13:19
Location: on diamond dog's ignore list

Re: Thrift shop scores

Postby 'skope » 20 Apr 2015, 14:03

any chance this could be moved to 'classic threads'?

User avatar
Rayge
Posts: 13227
Joined: 14 Aug 2013, 11:37
Location: deepest Devon
Contact:

Re: Thrift shop scores

Postby Rayge » 20 Apr 2015, 14:13

Seconded
In timeless moments we live forever

You can't play a tune on an absolute

Negative Capability...when a man is capable of being in uncertainties, Mysteries, doubts, without any irritable reaching after fact & reason”

User avatar
Hepcat
Posts: 2349
Joined: 30 Aug 2010, 21:50
Location: Toronto

Re: Thrift shop scores

Postby Hepcat » 21 Apr 2015, 03:22

What the bloody hell is this? This is a good topic. It shouldn't be shunted aside.
Image

"That government governs best that governs least."

User avatar
yomptepi
BCB thumbscrew of Justice
Posts: 35401
Joined: 16 Jul 2003, 17:57
Location: well

Re: Thrift shop scores

Postby yomptepi » 22 Apr 2015, 15:36

Hepcat wrote:What the bloody hell is this? This is a good topic. It shouldn't be shunted aside.


what the fuck has it got to do with you, troll?
You don't like me...do you?

User avatar
Hepcat
Posts: 2349
Joined: 30 Aug 2010, 21:50
Location: Toronto

Re: Thrift shop scores

Postby Hepcat » 11 Sep 2016, 04:39

As much as it had to do with Skope and Rayge. Or are they somehow more entitled to make suggestions than anybody else?

:?:

And you have the gall to all me a troll.

:roll:
Image

"That government governs best that governs least."

User avatar
fange
Posts: 12762
Joined: 20 Jan 2010, 11:30
Location: 香港

Re: Thrift shop scores

Postby fange » 26 Sep 2018, 01:09

GoogaMooga wrote:
CD:

abba - the complete studio recordings (incl. rarities disc)

Did you listen to all of that, Googs?
Jonny Spencer wrote:
fange wrote:I've got my quad pants on and i'm ready for some Cock.


By CHRIST you're a man after my own sideways sausage, Ange!

User avatar
GoogaMooga
custodian of oldies
Posts: 24194
Joined: 28 Sep 2010, 05:23
Location: Denmark

Re: Thrift shop scores

Postby GoogaMooga » 26 Sep 2018, 01:42

fange wrote:
GoogaMooga wrote:
CD:

abba - the complete studio recordings (incl. rarities disc)

Did you listen to all of that, Googs?


Of course. Everything gets played once and then filed away.
1966 and all that