Thrift shop scores

Backslapping time. Well done us. We are fantastic.
copehead
BCB Cup Stalinist

Re: Thrift shop scores

Postby copehead » 07 Apr 2015, 11:56

Osgood wrote:
SEX ARSE wrote:
GoogaMooga wrote:I promised myself I wouldn't be hounded off this board, but I won't hang here anymore.

The use of this quote as a signature tells a lot.

None of it flattering
Dancing in the streets of Hyannis

Bear baiting & dog fights a speciality.

Diamond Dog
"Self Quoter" Extraordinaire.

Postby Diamond Dog » 07 Apr 2015, 12:33

Jeez..........everyone turn your fucking computers off and have a beer. For Fuck's Sake.
Nicotine, valium, vicadin, marijuana, ecstasy, and alcohol -
Cocaine

Samoan

Postby Samoan » 07 Apr 2015, 12:37

Foxhound wrote:
neville harp wrote:I think there's a definite difference between Coan v Googs, which is an ideological battle over what BCB is, and the blunt, hypocritical cuntery of ****** *** V Googs which is simply unnecessarily personal bullying.

Why the ****** *** ? Who are you afraid to offend? Why not just say what you mean?

I'm perplexed myself, unless an asterisk has been left out.
Nonsense to the aggressiveness, I've seen more aggression on the my little pony message board......I mean I was told.

kath
Groovy Queen of the Cosmos

Postby kath » 07 Apr 2015, 12:52

Diamond Dog wrote:Jeez..........everyone turn your fucking computers off and have a beer. For Fuck's Sake.

wise advice.

i'll be quite sure to suggest the same to you at the appropriate moment, by the way. mwhahahaha.

(BCB: encouraging alcohol intake, one post at a time)

naughty boy
hounds people off the board

Postby naughty boy » 07 Apr 2015, 13:11

Diamond Dog wrote:Jeez..........everyone turn your fucking computers off and have a beer. For Fuck's Sake.

People want to talk about this stuff more than they want to talk about music.

Unless it's Frank Zappa, of course. Or Yes.
Matt 'interesting' Wilson wrote:So I went from looking at the "I'm a Man" riff, to showing how the rave up was popular for awhile.

kath

Postby kath » 07 Apr 2015, 13:20

HOMOPHOBIC BULLY BOY wrote:Unless it's Frank Zappa, of course. Or Yes.

oh dear. now you've gone and mentioned both. i'm torn on which way to go.

zappa... wakeman... zappa... wakeman...

decisions, decisions.

Deebank
Resonator

Postby Deebank » 07 Apr 2015, 13:53

Perhaps you'd take your own advice next time you feel the need to vent spleen about GM's harmless Pooterisms?
I've been talking about writing a book - 25 years of TEFL - for a few years now. I've got it in me.

Paid anghofio fod dy galon yn y chwyldro

hookfinger

Postby hookfinger » 07 Apr 2015, 14:36

Nevermind.
Oh boy is it getting rough, when my old world charm isn't quite enough.

copehead
BCB Cup Stalinist

Postby copehead » 07 Apr 2015, 14:40

hookfinger wrote:Nevermind.

Great album, where'd you pick it up and for how much?
Dancing in the streets of Hyannis

Bear baiting & dog fights a speciality.

Foxhound

Postby Foxhound » 07 Apr 2015, 14:50

The Modernist wrote:I mean if you went on a wine connoisseurs forum and started posting bottles of cheap plonk that you'd bought from Iceland for 2.99 and started saying 'this is much better than the Chateau Latour you lot go on about', how do you think they'd respond. After a while they'd start going 'who is this idiot?'.

The fellow lauding the Icelandic wine wouldn't be the idiot either. Wine snobs have been duped time and again by label switching:

Wine Tasting: Junk Science

8-)
Brits out of the Falklands!

Evangeline - living on in our hearts though long removed from our shores.

Beebsy wrote:Fuck off. Wanker.

Count Machuki
BCB Cup Champion 2013

Postby Count Machuki » 07 Apr 2015, 15:01

Pity, I thought you nailed it.

For my part, googa definitely brings out the worst in me for some reason. I didn't set out to attack him all the time, but after the sheer bulk of shitty music posts and crowing about finding the most common bullshit cds I just couldn't hold back.
Let U be the set of all united sets, K be the set of the kids and D be the set of things divided.
Then it follows that ∀ k ∈ K: K ∈ U ⇒ k ∉ D

Walk In My Shadow
Hello Laydeez

Postby Walk In My Shadow » 07 Apr 2015, 15:08

Copehead wrote:

Great album, where'd you pick it up and for how much?

It's now £ 5.99 on Amazon.
Beneluxfunkmeisterlurvegod

yomptepi
BCB thumbscrew of Justice

Postby yomptepi » 07 Apr 2015, 15:10

He has been here today, no doubt to check up how his latest bout of attention seeking is going down. I am sure that finding a new ally in Foxhound will have made his day. a whole debate of how victimised and wronged he is will have given him his biggest boner ever.Cult Cola's all round.
You don't like me...do you?

kath

Postby kath » 07 Apr 2015, 16:33

yomptepi wrote:a whole debate of how victimised and wronged he is will have given him his biggest boner ever.Cult Cola's all round.

interesting to me, how some people insist on seeing this as either/or. "oh you are either pro-him and anti-us!! or yer pro-us and anti-him!!!"

where have all the brains gone, long time passing?

or maybe it's a relative scale of kinda sucky to really sucky behavior on the part of both sides, with people making a call on what is worse or more extreme, in this particular case... ya knowwww, as opposed to some fifth grade all out condemnation in black and white of the GOOD people versus the BAD people.

cuz frankly, that's pretty mindless.

lemme illustrate a party idea again, while i'm here. even though there is no way you will listen to me on this, either. just becuz i care.

if i walked into a house party of, oh, i dunno, 80 people? and i walked into one of the rooms and saw googa sittin in a chair yappin about his music (a chair like this very thread)...

are you still with me?

... and then i saw you, coan and 2 or 3 express googa haters, deliberately make their way into that room... go right up to that chair... and loudly, repeatedly, hurl insults at the man sittin there, essentially every time he opened his mouth?

do you know what i would do if i saw that happening? i would be over there in a hot second to let y'all know exactly what i thought of that behavior. i would be over there even faster if i was counting some among you my friends, and i do. becuz even though i would probably try to save each one of you from a burning building, the way you are acting here is thuggish, juvenile and much more offensive to me than googa's lil lists. this is what a relative scale is.

i am not defending whatever is coming out of his face (although i defend his right to post whatever he wants.)

i am saying that you bunch are acting in a repulsive manner. trying to call it justified or "good for the board" is even worse. and yer damn straight i'm gonna tell you that, becuz each and every one of you should be a helluvalot smarter and better than this bullying, humorless horsecrap.

if you think being honest with you means i am not a friend, not on yer side or not caring at all times, (all of you), then you need to reacquaint yerself with the true meaning of the word idiot.

there. i'm done now with the subject. please do carry on.

frimley_greener

Postby frimley_greener » 07 Apr 2015, 18:27

+1
You wanna be a big cop in a small town? Fuck off up the model village.

clive gash
wannabee enfant terrible

Postby clive gash » 07 Apr 2015, 18:47

Kegger 'round at kath's!
It takes a big man to cry, but it takes a bigger man to laugh at that man.

Diamond Dog wrote:...it quite clearly hit the target with you and your nonce...

...a multitude of innuendo and hearsay...

...I'm producing facts here...

soundchaser
Rokster & Rollster

Postby soundchaser » 07 Apr 2015, 18:57

neville harp wrote:Kegger 'round at kath's!

+1

naughty boy

Postby naughty boy » 07 Apr 2015, 19:00

chYEAH!!
Matt 'interesting' Wilson wrote:So I went from looking at the "I'm a Man" riff, to showing how the rave up was popular for awhile.

naughty boy

Postby naughty boy » 07 Apr 2015, 19:02

yomptepi wrote:He has been here today

And.....

he's posted!

ConnyOlivetti
Probing The Sonic Heritage

Postby ConnyOlivetti » 07 Apr 2015, 19:10

kath wrote:
yomptepi wrote:a whole debate of how victimised and wronged he is will have given him his biggest boner ever.Cult Cola's all round.

interesting to me, how some people insist on seeing this as either/or. "oh you are either pro-him and anti-us!! or yer pro-us and anti-him!!!"

where have all the brains gone, long time passing?

or maybe it's a relative scale of kinda sucky to really sucky behavior on the part of both sides, with people making a call on what is worse or more extreme, in this particular case... ya knowwww, as opposed to some fifth grade all out condemnation in black and white of the GOOD people versus the BAD people.

cuz frankly, that's pretty mindless.

lemme illustrate a party idea again, while i'm here. even though there is no way you will listen to me on this, either. just becuz i care.

if i walked into a house party of, oh, i dunno, 80 people? and i walked into one of the rooms and saw googa sittin in a chair yappin about his music (a chair like this very thread)...

are you still with me?

... and then i saw you, coan and 2 or 3 express googa haters, deliberately make their way into that room... go right up to that chair... and loudly, repeatedly, hurl insults at the man sittin there, essentially every time he opened his mouth?

do you know what i would do if i saw that happening? i would be over there in a hot second to let y'all know exactly what i thought of that behavior. i would be over there even faster if i was counting some among you my friends, and i do. becuz even though i would probably try to save each one of you from a burning building, the way you are acting here is thuggish, juvenile and much more offensive to me than googa's lil lists. this is what a relative scale is.

i am not defending whatever is coming out of his face (although i defend his right to post whatever he wants.)

i am saying that you bunch are acting in a repulsive manner. trying to call it justified or "good for the board" is even worse. and yer damn straight i'm gonna tell you that, becuz each and every one of you should be a helluvalot smarter and better than this bullying, humorless horsecrap.

if you think being honest with you means i am not a friend, not on yer side or not caring at all times, (all of you), then you need to reacquaint yerself with the true meaning of the word idiot.

there. i'm done now with the subject. please do carry on.

word!
Charlie O. wrote:I think Coan and Googa are right.

Un enfant dans electronica!
Je suis!

Return to “Classic Threads & Treasury of Mirth”