Thrift shop scores

Backslapping time. Well done us. We are fantastic.
injuredbird!

Re: Thrift shop scores

Postby injuredbird! » 06 Apr 2015, 21:10

Christ!to think i joined this forum to talk about music
i am not an alias:i am a free man

naughty boy
hounds people off the board

Postby naughty boy » 06 Apr 2015, 21:11

Who's keeping this going?

Who's starting threads?
Matt 'interesting' Wilson wrote:So I went from looking at the "I'm a Man" riff, to showing how the rave up was popular for awhile.

The Modernist
2018 BCB Cup Champ!

Postby The Modernist » 06 Apr 2015, 21:12

I don't think Googa gets a particularly hard time on here. Only with John really and he seems to quite enjoy the bickering. He threw his toys out of the pram over something silly and flounced, but it happens...a few of us have done that. It's all this wringing of hands afterwards that's so ridiculous.

der nister

Postby der nister » 06 Apr 2015, 21:17

The Modernist wrote:I don't think Googa gets a particularly hard time on here. Only with John really and he seems to quite enjoy the bickering. He threw his toys out of the pram over something silly and flounced, but it happens...a few of us have done that. It's all this wringing of hands afterwards that's so ridiculous.

soundchaser, DD, Yomp, machuki, etc., were constantly on him, come on ,
G don't start playin see no evil now, you are better than that
It's kinda depressing for a music forum to be proud of not knowing musicians.

naughty boy

Postby naughty boy » 06 Apr 2015, 21:24

K wrote:
PENK wrote:
I think the difference is that people know Coan isn't being serious in saying it, however much we disapprove of the joke. If you've read Googa's wild rantings about Islam, then you can see a clear difference.

We see what we want to see. Coan is 'liked' by many more posters than GM but if you really look at it their posts are very similar. Coan's pals excuse it therefore are complicit in his attacks on GM.
Of course, many of them are quite overt, holding John's coat and backing him up at every chance

Great to see you back, K - I meant to say. You really give so much to the board! :)
Matt 'interesting' Wilson wrote:So I went from looking at the "I'm a Man" riff, to showing how the rave up was popular for awhile.

The Modernist
2018 BCB Cup Champ!

Postby The Modernist » 06 Apr 2015, 21:26

I think some of them did have a go at him unnecessarily yeah. At the same time if you have someone who lacks any kind of self-awareness and doesn't give any thought about the way his posting is going to be received, it's almost a recipe for conflict. This board is about communication and if you're not good at reading how your posts are going down, indeed are almost willfully impervious to it, then there's going to be problems.

der nister

Postby der nister » 06 Apr 2015, 21:28

The Modernist wrote:I think some of them did have a go at him unnecessarily yeah. At the same time if you have someone who lacks any kind of self-awareness and doesn't give any thought about the way his posting is going to be received, it's almost a recipe for conflict. This board is about communication and if you're not good at reading how your posts are going down, indeed are almost willfully impervious to it, then there's going to be problems.

true, but it doesn't help when it is received by people who use c*nt as hello

Limpin' Jez McKenzie
Poptastic

Postby Limpin' Jez McKenzie » 06 Apr 2015, 21:31

der nister wrote:
The Modernist wrote:I don't think Googa gets a particularly hard time on here. Only with John really and he seems to quite enjoy the bickering. He threw his toys out of the pram over something silly and flounced, but it happens...a few of us have done that. It's all this wringing of hands afterwards that's so ridiculous.

soundchaser, DD, Yomp, machuki, etc., were constantly on him, come on ,
G don't start playin see no evil now, you are better than that

I think his attitude to the board is terrible, but don't comment about it a lot. It isn't about what he buys or posts about - some on here would rate some of my taste lower than his, I expect. It is the approach to the forum that is making it a little less enjoyable.
I kept thinking "swim as far as you can, swim as far as you can".

naughty boy

Postby naughty boy » 06 Apr 2015, 21:32

K wrote:
SEX ARSE wrote:Who's keeping this going?

Who's starting threads?

I'm not sure any of us could better "Five artists who are merely QUITE GOOD.....!"

You certainly couldn't.

der nister

Postby der nister » 06 Apr 2015, 21:34

Darling Sean wrote:

I think his attitude to the board is terrible, but don't comment about it a lot. It isn't about what he buys or posts about - some on here would rate some of my taste lower than his, I expect. It is the approach to the forum that is making it a little less enjoyable.

I assume you mean Goog, he didn't come here with an attitude, but constantly being harassed can definitely sour one's attitude, wouldn't you agree?

naughty boy

Postby naughty boy » 06 Apr 2015, 21:34

The Modernist wrote:I think some of them did have a go at him unnecessarily yeah. At the same time if you have someone who lacks any kind of self-awareness and doesn't give any thought about the way his posting is going to be received, it's almost a recipe for conflict. This board is about communication and if you're not good at reading how your posts are going down, indeed are almost willfully impervious to it, then there's going to be problems.

The 'forgiving' folk put that lack of awareness down to his Aspergers (something that we're always reluctant to address directly). But he's aware of what he does, and I would find it hard to accept that he's unaware of the reaction he'll get to 'I've torn a CD cover'.

der nister

Postby der nister » 06 Apr 2015, 21:37

SEX ARSE wrote:

The 'forgiving' folk put that lack of awareness down to his Aspergers (something that we're always reluctant to address directly). But he's aware of what he does, and I would find it hard to accept that he's unaware of the reaction he'll get to 'I've torn a CD cover'.

even then, so what?

So then you get to be the entertaining monkey with the bully organgrinder who just has to constantly harass?!

TG

Postby TG » 06 Apr 2015, 21:39

But why should one poster have to give any thought to how a handful of other posters might receive those posts? No one here posts threads that are universally received with open arms but they are still able to post without being harassed.

Most of us don't give a fuck what what Googa or anyone else posts about on the music sections of this board. It's a handful of BCB wanna be police or wannabe comedians or wannabe celebrities, or whatever they are, that care. And the rest of us are reminded of it every time he posts. I know which action makes the board less tolerable for me and I don't think I'm alone.

Why do a half dozen or so members get to decide what one other member deserves to be able to post in the music sections of this space?
Jeff K wrote:Not at all. I love TG. I might be the only one on BCB who does but I don't care.

clive gash
wannabee enfant terrible

Postby clive gash » 06 Apr 2015, 21:40

I think there's a definite difference between Coan v Googs, which is an ideological battle over what BCB is, and the blunt, hypocritical cuntery of ****** *** V Googs which is simply unnecessarily personal bullying.
It takes a big man to cry, but it takes a bigger man to laugh at that man.

Diamond Dog wrote:...it quite clearly hit the target with you and your nonce...

...a multitude of innuendo and hearsay...

...I'm producing facts here...

naughty boy

Postby naughty boy » 06 Apr 2015, 21:41

You're confusing 'comment' with 'decide'

Limpin' Jez McKenzie
Poptastic

Postby Limpin' Jez McKenzie » 06 Apr 2015, 21:41

der nister wrote:
Darling Sean wrote:

I assume you mean Goog, he didn't come here with an attitude, but constantly being harassed can definitely sour one's attitude, wouldn't you agree?

He didn't?

der nister

Postby der nister » 06 Apr 2015, 21:45

Darling Sean wrote:

He didn't?

Nope

He came from the heavily moderated Imwan forum thinking this was an open music forum.

TG

Postby TG » 06 Apr 2015, 21:48

SEX ARSE wrote:You're confusing 'comment' with 'decide'

Perhaps decide was not the exact word that I should have used. But that evades the bigger point. And the question that I originally posed.

Why does he deserve it?
Jeff K wrote:Not at all. I love TG. I might be the only one on BCB who does but I don't care.

Limpin' Jez McKenzie
Poptastic

Postby Limpin' Jez McKenzie » 06 Apr 2015, 21:48

der nister wrote:
Darling Sean wrote:

He didn't?

Nope

He came from the heavily moderated Imwan forum thinking this was an open music forum.

Well I can't claim to have read even ten per cent of his posts and bow to your deeper knowledge.
Last edited by Limpin' Jez McKenzie on 06 Apr 2015, 21:52, edited 1 time in total.

naughty boy

Postby naughty boy » 06 Apr 2015, 21:51

TG wrote:
SEX ARSE wrote:You're confusing 'comment' with 'decide'

Perhaps decide was not the exact word that I should have used. But that evades the bigger point. And the question that I originally posed.

Why does he deserve it?

Because he is by now fully aware of how this board operates and also the core taste of the majority of its members.

Return to “Classic Threads & Treasury of Mirth”