Firsty, great work Fangedango. A lot of effort has gone into this and it is brilliantly executed. Thank you.
Secondly, it's a great list. I have 46 of the 50 - time to get the other 4.
Jarrett - Koln seems to be the oldest album of the list from 1975. So nothing from the last 36 years. I'm guessing the Armstrong is the earliest.
With nearly 600 albums chosen I'm surprised that I'm the only one who chose a Charles Lloyd album.
• Aquatic (1 vote; Ghost of Harry Smith) 15 points
• Drive By (1 vote; Spec) 5 points
• Tomasz Stanko Quartet - Suspended Night (1 vote; comrade moleskin) 10 points
• Tomasz Stanko Quartet - Soul Of Things (2 votes; comrade moleskin, Spec) 1 + 2 points
• Tomasz Stanko Septet – Litania (1 vote; Blue Meanie) 16 points
Coltrane had 15 selections on the long list
Miles had 14
But Jarrett was only voted for 9 times spread across 6 albums
My own choices:
1. John Coltrane - A Love Supreme
2. Keith Jarrett - The Complete Live At The Blue Note
3. Charles Mingus - Black Saint and the Sinner Lady
4. Miles Davis - Kind of Blue
5. Charles Mingus - Ah Um
6. Keith Jarrett - Koln
7. Miles Davis - Complete Live At The Plugged Nickel
8. Miles Davis - In A Silent Way
9. Thelonious Monk - Brilliant Corners
10. John Coltrane - Giant Steps
11. Eric Dolphy - Out To Lunch
12. Cannonball Adderley - Somethin Else
13. Dave Brubeck - Time Out
14. Art Blakey - Art Blakey's Jazz Messengers with Thelonious Monk
15. Lee Morgan - Live At The Lighthouse
16. The Necks - Drive By
17. Bill Evans - Waltz for Debby
18. Charles Mingus - Blues and Roots
19. Tomasz Stanko - Soul of Things
20. Charles Lloyd - Sangam