BCB Cup 2018 - SEMI FINAL NOW ON

User avatar
Purgatory Brite
Posts: 2028
Joined: 22 Feb 2015, 11:31

Re: 2018 BCB Cup - Sign up is full! Get your 8 tracks to Moddie!

Postby Purgatory Brite » 25 Jan 2018, 15:12

fange wrote:Do it like this, PB.


LINKS AND THE BLESSED SPAM FILTER:
The spam filter freaks out over multiple lists with links. The only work around I have found is to just add the URL after your list item...so please note the "new" (same as last year) proper way to format links...

CORRECT METHOD:
Sir Mix-a-Lot - Baby Got Back https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qr89yq2wC9o
Extreme - More Than Words https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UrIiLvg58SY

No other methods will work due to the spam filter being an asshat.


Many thanks fange!

User avatar
never/ever
Posts: 22976
Joined: 27 Jun 2008, 14:21
Location: Journeying through a burning brain

Re: 2018 BCB Cup - Sign up is full! Get your 8 tracks to Moddie!

Postby never/ever » 25 Jan 2018, 20:34

Artist/title or title/artist?






*runs and ducks for cover *
Ever notice that anyone going slower than you is an idiot, but anyone going faster is a maniac?."

George Carlin

User avatar
The Modernist
2018 BCB Cup Champ!
Posts: 12256
Joined: 13 Apr 2014, 20:42

Re: 2018 BCB Cup - Sign up is full! Get your 8 tracks to Moddie!

Postby The Modernist » 25 Jan 2018, 21:38

never/ever wrote:Artist/title or title/artist?






*runs and ducks for cover *


In Martha's original post she stipulated artist/title for the format, so we'll stick with that. That said, I've already received a list which is ordered title/artist, so it doesn't matter really if you prefer to do it that way.

User avatar
fange
Posts: 12711
Joined: 20 Jan 2010, 11:30
Location: 香港

Re: 2018 BCB Cup - Sign up is full! Get your 8 tracks to Moddie!

Postby fange » 26 Jan 2018, 01:33

The Modernist wrote: That said, I've already received a list which is ordered title/artist, so it doesn't matter really if you prefer to do it that way.


Doesn't MATTER?!

:evil:
Jonny Spencer wrote:
fange wrote:I've got my quad pants on and i'm ready for some Cock.


By CHRIST you're a man after my own sideways sausage, Ange!

User avatar
Loki
The Goddess of Mischief
Posts: 15674
Joined: 18 Sep 2010, 06:34

Re: 2018 BCB Cup - Sign up is full! Get your 8 tracks to Moddie!

Postby Loki » 26 Jan 2018, 04:15

Uh-oh.
Image

Look up here, I'm in heaven


whodathunkit wrote: Somewhere it's always 1972.

User avatar
pcqgod
Posts: 17102
Joined: 11 Apr 2010, 07:23
Location: Texas

Re: 2018 BCB Cup - Sign up is full! Get your 8 tracks to Moddie!

Postby pcqgod » 26 Jan 2018, 16:20

I should have my list in no later than tomorrow.
Where would rock 'n' roll be without feedback?

User avatar
Butch Manly
Utter Cad
Posts: 51166
Joined: 16 Jul 2003, 21:22
Location: 16 Beasley Street

Re: 2018 BCB Cup - Sign up is full! Get your 8 tracks to Moddie!

Postby Butch Manly » 26 Jan 2018, 19:17

fange wrote:
The Modernist wrote: That said, I've already received a list which is ordered title/artist, so it doesn't matter really if you prefer to do it that way.


Doesn't MATTER?!

:evil:


Of course it matters. It's the song not the artist we're voting for. It should be song/artist.
Goatboy to Belle:

"I suggest you retreat to the safety of your Facebook bubble. Griff has a post he needs you to like."

User avatar
The Modernist
2018 BCB Cup Champ!
Posts: 12256
Joined: 13 Apr 2014, 20:42

Re: 2018 BCB Cup - Sign up is full! Get your 8 tracks to Moddie!

Postby The Modernist » 26 Jan 2018, 21:30

German Dave wrote:
fange wrote:
The Modernist wrote: That said, I've already received a list which is ordered title/artist, so it doesn't matter really if you prefer to do it that way.


Doesn't MATTER?!

:evil:


Of course it matters. It's the song not the artist we're voting for. It should be song/artist.


I've always done it that way myself in the past so I have sympathy with this view. However Martha did stipulate the format should be artist/song and most of the lists I've received so far have followed that. I'm not going to start editing people's lists or sending them back, so I'm happy to leave it to individual choice.

User avatar
Butch Manly
Utter Cad
Posts: 51166
Joined: 16 Jul 2003, 21:22
Location: 16 Beasley Street

Re: 2018 BCB Cup - Sign up is full! Get your 8 tracks to Moddie!

Postby Butch Manly » 26 Jan 2018, 21:55

No, I'll go along with it, though I really don't think it's a matter than necessitates a ruling.
Goatboy to Belle:

"I suggest you retreat to the safety of your Facebook bubble. Griff has a post he needs you to like."

User avatar
Ranking Ted
Posts: 12325
Joined: 03 Feb 2004, 22:13
Location: Northern Britain

Re: 2018 BCB Cup - Sign up is full! Get your 8 tracks to Moddie!

Postby Ranking Ted » 26 Jan 2018, 22:05

Tell me people don’t actually care about that? :lol:

User avatar
PENK
Midnight to Six Man
Posts: 34723
Joined: 07 Aug 2004, 20:12
Location: Stockholm

Re: 2018 BCB Cup - Sign up is full! Get your 8 tracks to Moddie!

Postby PENK » 27 Jan 2018, 06:08

Ranking Ted wrote:Tell me people don’t actually care about that? :lol:


People care about all sorts of shit.

Artist-song or song-artist, it’s all fine by me. What bugs me though is when, as happens surprisingly often, the order changes within a single list. So you appear to have a group called Wild Thing doing a song called ’Tone Loc’ etc.
Copehead wrote:I have met Gruff Rhys - although he claimed he wasn't and that he couldn't speak Welsh, as I spoke to him in Welsh, but it was him lying bastard.

User avatar
sloopjohnc
Posts: 62994
Joined: 03 Jun 2004, 20:12

Re: 2018 BCB Cup - Sign up is full! Get your 8 tracks to Moddie!

Postby sloopjohnc » 27 Jan 2018, 15:05

PENK wrote:
Ranking Ted wrote:Tell me people don’t actually care about that? :lol:


People care about all sorts of shit.

Artist-song or song-artist, it’s all fine by me. What bugs me though is when, as happens surprisingly often, the order changes within a single list. So you appear to have a group called Wild Thing doing a song called ’Tone Loc’ etc.


A tribute to a great artist.

User avatar
martha
rambling rose
Posts: 5367
Joined: 17 Jul 2003, 17:41
Location: Self-imposed exile.

Re: 2018 BCB Cup - Sign up is full! Get your 8 tracks to Moddie!

Postby martha » 29 Jan 2018, 09:07

fange wrote:Do it like this, PB.


LINKS AND THE BLESSED SPAM FILTER:
The spam filter freaks out over multiple lists with links. The only work around I have found is to just add the URL after your list item...so please note the "new" (same as last year) proper way to format links...

CORRECT METHOD:
Sir Mix-a-Lot - Baby Got Back https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qr89yq2wC9o
Extreme - More Than Words https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UrIiLvg58SY

No other methods will work due to the spam filter being an asshat.


LOL...what he said, which I said.

Good luck everyone. XOXO's
--m.

User avatar
fange
Posts: 12711
Joined: 20 Jan 2010, 11:30
Location: 香港

Re: BCB cup - Send Modernist your list now -deadline looming!

Postby fange » 30 Jan 2018, 00:00

fange checks to see if Cup has started yet, sees it hasn't...

Jonny Spencer wrote:
fange wrote:I've got my quad pants on and i'm ready for some Cock.


By CHRIST you're a man after my own sideways sausage, Ange!

User avatar
Loki
The Goddess of Mischief
Posts: 15674
Joined: 18 Sep 2010, 06:34

Re: BCB cup - Send Modernist your list now -deadline looming!

Postby Loki » 30 Jan 2018, 00:10

Image
Image

Look up here, I'm in heaven


whodathunkit wrote: Somewhere it's always 1972.

User avatar
The Write Profile
2017 BCB Cup Champ
Posts: 14694
Joined: 15 Sep 2003, 10:55
Location: Today, Tomorrow, Timaru
Contact:

Re: BCB cup - Send Modernist your list now -deadline looming!

Postby The Write Profile » 30 Jan 2018, 06:46

Argh! I've made repeated attempts to pm my list and keep getting locked out due to the spam filter in the process. Can I send it to you via your Facebook account instead? Sorry about this!
It's before my time but I've been told, he never came back from Karangahape Road.

User avatar
never/ever
Posts: 22976
Joined: 27 Jun 2008, 14:21
Location: Journeying through a burning brain

Re: BCB cup - Send Modernist your list now -deadline looming!

Postby never/ever » 30 Jan 2018, 08:17

Looks like we are going to have a new champion then....
Ever notice that anyone going slower than you is an idiot, but anyone going faster is a maniac?."

George Carlin

User avatar
fange
Posts: 12711
Joined: 20 Jan 2010, 11:30
Location: 香港

Re: BCB cup - Send Modernist your list now -deadline looming!

Postby fange » 30 Jan 2018, 08:19

:lol:

Your concern over Matt's plight is very touching, maarts.
Jonny Spencer wrote:
fange wrote:I've got my quad pants on and i'm ready for some Cock.


By CHRIST you're a man after my own sideways sausage, Ange!

User avatar
Darkness_Fish
Posts: 5943
Joined: 27 Jul 2015, 09:58

Re: BCB cup - Send Modernist your list now -deadline looming!

Postby Darkness_Fish » 30 Jan 2018, 08:26

Is it a spam filter, or a quality filter?
Like fast-moving clouds casting shadows against a hillside, the melody-loop shuddered with a sense of the sublime, the awful unknowable majesty of the world.

User avatar
PENK
Midnight to Six Man
Posts: 34723
Joined: 07 Aug 2004, 20:12
Location: Stockholm

Re: BCB cup - Send Modernist your list now -deadline looming!

Postby PENK » 30 Jan 2018, 08:28

The Write Profile wrote:Argh! I've made repeated attempts to pm my list and keep getting locked out due to the spam filter in the process. Can I send it to you via your Facebook account instead? Sorry about this!


So either you picked 'Lie Dream of a C*s*n* Soul' by The Fall, or you offered to place a few million dollars in G's bank account in exchange for a favourable draw.
Copehead wrote:I have met Gruff Rhys - although he claimed he wasn't and that he couldn't speak Welsh, as I spoke to him in Welsh, but it was him lying bastard.