70s KnockOut Cup- SF 3 *fange 8- TCE 15*

What it says on the tin.
Neige
Alpine Numpty
Location: On 2 oz of plastic with a hole in the middle (of nowhere)

Re: 70s KnockOut Cup- SF 3

Postby Neige » 29 Dec 2018, 07:24

B is pretty, but a little pedestrian. In comparison, A is genius.
Thumpety-thump beats plinkety-plonk every time. - Rayge

never/ever

Postby never/ever » 29 Dec 2018, 08:54

B sounds like second rate Wings to me.
Easiest one yet.

A
kath wrote:i do not wanna buy the world a fucquin gotdamn coke.

Polishgirl

Postby Polishgirl » 29 Dec 2018, 11:13

B has more interest.
echolalia wrote: I despise Prefab Sprout. It will be decades before “hot dog, jumping frog, Albuquerque” is surpassed as the most terrible lyric in pop history. That fucking bastard ruined all three things for me forever.

Rayge

Postby Rayge » 29 Dec 2018, 13:24

a - After the drear of the first four tracks, this frothy piece of nothing much comes as a welcome relief. And a single, too: be still my heart. oh, there are vocals, but instrumental ones. No tits giving us the benefit of their wisdom, which is nice. Thoroughly insubstantial, but works as a palate cleanser. 4.5 / 10
b - I know there are plenty of people on here who worship this band, largely I suspect because they came to them as a historical proposition rather than an unfolding in real time, but at the time, they were a thoroughly risible Stones blooz knock-off, and as I might have mentioned before – today in fact – I never met a concept album I truly liked, so I swerved their later, 'grown-up' material like I avoided the Zombs and the Moody Blues and the whole sick crew of proggers, and to this day have never knowingly listened to sticking point to either Parachute and Sorrow. I like some of the lead guitar on this, but generally it's more likely to make me break out in hives than ecstasy. There are plenty of records that sound vaguely like this that I kind of like, but they are ones I got into (man) at the time, and there's no way my life will in any way be enhanced by trying to get into them in my 70s. 4 / 10

A
In timeless moments we live forever

You can't play a tune on an absolute

Negative Capability...when a man is capable of being in uncertainties, Mysteries, doubts, without any irritable reaching after fact & reason”

Nick Danger

Postby Nick Danger » 30 Dec 2018, 21:18

B

never/ever

Postby never/ever » 31 Dec 2018, 09:56

fange 8

Trans Chigley Express 15
kath wrote:i do not wanna buy the world a fucquin gotdamn coke.

Return to “Other Competitions and Cups”