70s Cup Final Round Match 13 *Hatzhoven 12- kath 13*

What it says on the tin.
Rayge

Re: 70s Cup Final Round Match 13

Postby Rayge » 15 Nov 2018, 15:48

Gave A a listen for the sake of form (using the link fange provided, ta), and wasn't particularly impressed – didn't seem frenetic to me, more a quick chug, and didn't strike me as particularly funked-up either, but it's up against a track I know well (and quite liked before the scales fell from my ears around the time of Veedon Fleece) from someone who's just gone on my list of execrable raasclaats to whom [/pedantic usage, cheers] I'll never willingly listen again, so it wins

A
In timeless moments we live forever

You can't play a tune on an absolute

Negative Capability...when a man is capable of being in uncertainties, Mysteries, doubts, without any irritable reaching after fact & reason”

Neige
Alpine Numpty
Location: On 2 oz of plastic with a hole in the middle (of nowhere)

Postby Neige » 15 Nov 2018, 19:50

I actively dislike A

...and B is prime Van
Thumpety-thump beats plinkety-plonk every time. - Rayge

echolalia

Postby echolalia » 16 Nov 2018, 01:11

Van

i.e.

B

T. Willy Rye
Spinner of crazy fuck-ass shit

Postby T. Willy Rye » 16 Nov 2018, 01:30

A

never/ever

Postby never/ever » 16 Nov 2018, 01:39

I love these type of ties that pull you in two different directions. I have time for both of these.
I'm a little more drawn to the melodic attributes of Van- A is a little heavier on sustaining the gritty grooviness of the sound rather than create a more memorable experience.

B
kath wrote:i do not wanna buy the world a fucquin gotdamn coke.

GoogaMooga
custodian of oldies

Postby GoogaMooga » 16 Nov 2018, 17:14

B
"When the desert comes, people will be sad; just as Cannery Row was sad when all the pilchards were caught and canned and eaten." - John Steinbeck

algroth

Postby algroth » 17 Nov 2018, 17:43

I got a good chuckle out of the start of A. It's a good song, but the audio quality almost makes it sound like it was performed by Peter Brötzmann. The Van's pretty good too, but not sure it's one of his finest moments either. So I suppose A for being something new, audio quality notwithstanding.

never/ever

Postby never/ever » 17 Nov 2018, 22:50

Hatzhoven 12

kath 13

kath wrote:i do not wanna buy the world a fucquin gotdamn coke.

kath
Groovy Queen of the Cosmos

Re: 70s Cup Final Round Match 13 *Hatzhoven 12- kath 13*

Postby kath » 20 Nov 2018, 14:33

mwhaha, maarts.*

well, it was a close one, hatz.

this is my and reap's track, so i am rather glad it won, just on that count.

as for my EBA this round... hmmm. rayge has made clear in this track and the other van track that he hates the fucque out of van morrison. i have never had to share a cafe experience with van, so i don't know just how upsetting it is to go through or how unlistenable it makes any of his music. but rayge has been blobbed already, so no.

other than that, the only real negative comments were from G. with extra penalty for using the word soporific.

almost time for happy thanksgiving, so i will give G the giant zombie turkey that will be doing its own gobblegobbling. i don't think the gun will help, G.

while i'm here, before the finalists get their final final, i will add a few other pics.

i so wanted to use one of my fave monsters for goat boy... so i'll just turn him into it.

and i haven't forgotten jumper k. when he signed up for this cup as wig wam balls, i knew i had to hippiefy him somehow (my tradition with him). but i think there is some confusion here about what a wigwam really is. i *think* he was thinking of those teepees at, say, glastonbury in the 70s. hippie tents. maybe brits in general confuse this, as i imagine there aren't many native americans in the UK. there is a difference between a teepee and a wigwam, ya know.

a teepee:

a wigwam:

i became confused about which one to use for jumper k. in the end, i gave up and put him in the finnish prog rock band wigwam. maybe more terrifying than any movie monster.

*hatzhoven, in a contemplative moment.

Return to “Other Competitions and Cups”